PDA

View Full Version : New to this

heatherjolie
August 28th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Hi,
I'm new to all this, but had some questions...
I have read almost all of Kathleen Woodiwiss and Johanna Lindsey...a couple of Jude Deveroux... Well anyway so far my favorite I think has been "A Rose in Winter by Woodiwiss. Has anyone else read anything similar? I'm looking for another author...however, I have precious little time to read so I dont want to waste it on something that I might not like... Any suggestions?

candaceclayton
January 10th, 2008, 01:44 AM
I love all the authors you just mentioned! Have you read anything by Catherine Coulter? Her series on the Sherbroukes is fantastic.

Karenne
January 10th, 2008, 12:23 PM
ohhh..I loved that series. Not a soft romance though, it is good..but a little more ...I don't know. Not as soft that is for sure!

Very good one though. Now I am going to have to go and dig those books out! Thanks Candace for the reminder!

Georgie Lee
January 23rd, 2008, 05:33 PM
Hi,
I have read almost all of Kathleen Woodiwiss and Johanna Lindsey...a couple of Jude Deveroux... Well anyway so far my favorite I think has been "A Rose in Winter by Woodiwiss. Has anyone else read anything similar? I'm looking for another author...however, I have precious little time to read so I dont want to waste it on something that I might not like... Any suggestions?

I really enjoy Amanda Quick and Terri Brisbin. Ms. Quick writes a lot of Regency and Victorian while Ms. Brisbin writes in a number of time periods. I recommend Ms. Brisbin's "The King's Mistress" and Ms. Quick's "Slightly Shady".

Erynlouise
February 1st, 2008, 08:54 PM
Candace, I agree Catherine coulters is one of the best romance writers out, I especially enjoyed Lord Harry and Rebel Bride..

Erynlouise
February 1st, 2008, 09:01 PM
Hi,
Hi Ive only just started posting messages and now Im finding Im doing it daily it has become an obsession..I have read all of Johnanna Lindsay's work she is brillant. For something new and good you could try Julia QUinn, has some good reads As well as Judith Mcnaught Once and Always, until you, Almost Heaven there are a few more in her historical range... they were good too. Also Jane feather the V series- As mentioned by Candace I love Catherine Coulters work aswell

jennie
February 2nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
My favorite is Stephanie Laurens, Cynster series and Bastion Club series.

I will read any historical by Lisa Kleypas, Christina Dodd or Sabrina Jeffries.

And I will always try an author that is recommended by any of those 4 authors.

JennieDaisy Love Smilie

Erynlouise
February 3rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
Ive read the runaway princess by christina dodd. that was good.

MingMing
February 3rd, 2008, 05:27 PM
Welcome, Heather -

If you like historicals with beautiful romance, you might want to look up Lynn Kurland. Either Stardust of Yesterday, or my personal favorite: If I Had You.

Lynn Kurland's novels are a mixture of time-travel and historical. Her approach with the romances is usually very tender, yet very strong. As someone who prefers serious erotica, it might say something that I am drawn to these sensitive and gentle non-erotic books time and time again. My paperbacks are worn and tattered, but I can't let them go. I just can't.