PDA

View Full Version : London Bridge Legends.

Grace Elliot
January 11th, 2012, 04:01 PM
PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK FOR THE FULL POST:
http://graceelliot-author.blogspot.com/2012/01/london-bridge-legends.html<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I have no sense of direction. Many, many times my total lack of direction has got me into trouble, such as the time I went the wrong way round the M25 and a journey that should have taken quarter of an hour, took 90 minutes. And last summer, I decided to take my son to the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Museum</st1:PlaceType> of <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">London</st1:PlaceName>, only to end up at the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">London</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Docklands</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Museum</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> (a subtle but essential difference, which meant we ended up at completely the wrong place!) However, in this case all ended well since the Dockland museum was fascinating and has inspired today's blog post on: <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">London</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Bridge</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>.
It is not my intention to give a history of this historic landmark, but more a mention of some of the lesser known legends associated with it.