Kim Harrison
http://www.kimharrison.net/
A Fistful of Charms

ISBN # 0-06-0788194

FOC was published July 1st, 2006.

Available as a mass market paperback through HarperTorch

Dead Witch Walking

ISBN # -0-60-57296-5

Dead Witch Walking is the first of Rachel Morgan's stories. It was released late April 2004 through HarperTorch.

It has since been awarded Romantic Times's Best Fantasy novel 2004 and PEARL's (Paranormal Excellence Award for Romantic Literature) Best Science Fiction novel of 2004. Pearl also granted me their title of Best New Author for that same year.

The Good, The Bad, and The Undead

ISBN # 0-06-057297-3

GBU was released in January, 2005 through HarperTorch.

It was awarded the distinction of being P.E.A.R.L.s (Paranormal Excellence Award for Romantic Literature) Best Science Fiction for 2005

Every Which Way

But Dead

ISBN # 0-06-057299-X

Released June 28th, 2005 through HarperTorch.

It was was nominated for P.E.A.R.L.s (Paranormal Excellence Award for Romantic Literature) Best Science Fiction for 2005, and walked away with the honorable mention, right behind its older sibling, The Good, The Bad, and The Undead

jennzilla
November 5th, 2006, 02:52 AM
It took me a while but I finally 'got' that she was making a play on Clint Eastwood movie titles with her books. I love her work, and I've sort of known her from Jim Butcher's email boards since before she was published. I think that's so neat.
Ms. Harrison's writing is wonderful, and her heroine is very normal despite being a witch. My favorite character, I'm sorry to say is the bad boy vamp, Kris.. *sighs* I'm a sucker for one of those, and he's a fine example. The fairy ain't half bad either. Not to mention the demons, weres, witches and various other creatures you'll see cropping up all over the place.
Rachel, the heroine, is so much fun though, simply because the reader can put themselves in her shoes even though she is a witch. I bought the first book because of the cover. I've mentioned I'm a cover slut before though. :ph34r: Not so undercover anymore.

Karenne
November 5th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Really Jenn! Hmmm...going to have to add her to my TBR pile! I haven't had the opportunity to look at her books yet.

kjt1029
August 25th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I just bought Dead Witch Walking yesterday. The story line sounded fun and interesting. I let you know how I like it when I am done.

jennzilla
August 25th, 2007, 08:12 PM
I finished For a Few Demons More about a month ago. I won't spoil it for you, but you're in for a wonderful story. I love all the characters the author has in her books.

kjt1029
August 25th, 2007, 08:42 PM
I finished For a Few Demons More about a month ago. I won't spoil it for you, but you're in for a wonderful story. I love all the characters the author has in her books.

I am looking forward to the series. Since I just got into reading a lot, I prefer to read books that have been recommended. Thanks again

jennzilla
August 25th, 2007, 09:25 PM
She makes you want MORE MORE MORE. Good thing for you that she's got quite a few out in this series. I sorta envy you starting them. Well, not sorta.. I envy you a lot. Where do you live again? LOL! I'm only kidding.

If you like urban fantasy type books with lots of action, paranormal elements, and you don't mind not having a lot of romance involved if you get bang up story in return, I also rec Jim Butcher's Dresden series and CE Murphy's Walker Papers Series. On that last one, I always call them the Joanna Walker books. Both have a great 1st person protagonist in them. Jim's is of course a man, and CE's is one of the best buttkickin' gurrls around. I also like Patricia Briggs's Mercy series. Hubby had hers and I stole them from off his "no touchie" shelf. It's only fair as he stole Jim Butcher's from me first. *Yes, we have Book Wars at our house, tre' fun*

These authors remind me a lot of Charles DeLint, only not so.. hmm, I hesitate to say complex, but that's what I'm thinking. They're really fastpaced reads but are long books, not short stories. They just go by fast because you're so into them. DeLint makes me think really hard so it takes me forty forevers to read his. I love him, but he kills me.

kjt1029
August 26th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Thanks for all of the info Jenna. It's truelly appreciated.

kjt1029
October 8th, 2007, 08:56 AM

I really liked Dead Witch Walking! I have now started, The Good, Bad and Undead and I have already hooked on this book as well. I am looking forward to the others too. Post soon!

CharmedGirl
October 8th, 2007, 09:02 AM
:whoohoo: A series of books that I've read recently. I think Kim Harrison is a great author can't wait until the next book in the series. It's going to interesting to see what happens with Rachel next but I'm sure it's going to be just as good as the first five books :)

Karenne
October 8th, 2007, 11:57 AM
I really do like the covers of her recent books. Yes, I am picky about covers. Coffee & Reading

jennzilla
October 8th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Did you read For a Few Demons More, Karenne? I am sad about one event in it, however, I will read the next in the series, despite what happened. *sniffles*

CharmedGirl
October 8th, 2007, 07:54 PM
I cried at that one event Jenna I couldn't believe that happened but I too will read the next in the series.

DavidsGirl841444
October 13th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Read the first one must get my grubby hands on the otehr ones especially if it is sad and happy god must buy.

CharmedGirl
November 4th, 2007, 09:34 PM
You definitely need to get your hands on the rest of these books DG. They are really good but like we said there is a sad event in book 5.

DavidsGirl841444
November 6th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Oh I hate sad crap but it does make for intresting read and changes the character immensly.

CharmedGirl
November 6th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Hopefully it will make for an interesting book 6 and maybe just maybe the main female character Rachel can somehow undo the event that occurred and make her life happy again. LOL

KissyKrissy
November 7th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Book 6 comes out March 2008...so far away LOL
I dont know if you girls have checked out Harrisons msg boards on yahoo b/c after reading book 5 i was like WTF LOL and she explains why she did what she did there...and it helps the healing process LOL

CharmedGirl
November 8th, 2007, 05:12 AM
I don't like what she did but I guess it had to be done. I'm not going to get over it anytime soon but I am looking forward to book 6.

DavidsGirl841444
November 9th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Ok whoa alot of you ar really taking this to heart must know must read.

CharmedGirl
November 9th, 2007, 11:00 PM
It's a bit hard not to take it to heart and you'll understand once you've read the book DG.

DavidsGirl841444
November 10th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks i will.

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Well once you've read the book you'll be able to come back and post about the event with us.

DavidsGirl841444
November 11th, 2007, 02:04 PM
YeAH Off to find books.

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Well I hope you find the rest of Kim Harrison's books so you can find out just what event we are talking about. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
November 12th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the luck.

CharmedGirl
November 13th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Hopefully you get a chance to read them before the new book is out. But you'll definitely want to read Keri's new Riley book before this one so it won't matter whether you get the other in Kim's series read or not. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
November 14th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Amen to that keri first all other after.

CharmedGirl
November 14th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Have to get the priorities all sorted out and Keri's book goes straight to the top and then I want to see how Rachel from Kim's books copes with the even from book 5. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
November 15th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Right, ok straight.

Regina
November 23rd, 2007, 01:18 AM
This is another one in my TBR pile. LOL I love all the different types of paranormal books that are out and available now, I can remember really scrounging for them even ten years ago, they were just hard to come by, especially in the romance genre.

DavidsGirl841444
November 25th, 2007, 01:46 AM
You got that right and now they are kinda every where well more easier to come by thats for sure.

DavidsGirl841444
December 26th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Hey i got the whole series on christmas now I have them all thank god someone reads the list I give out.

CharmedGirl
December 26th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Hey i got the whole series on christmas now I have them all thank god someone reads the list I give out.

Lucky you DG. You'll enjoy these books :turned:

It's great when someone reads the Christmas list you write for them. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
December 27th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Yeah it is good because they get you what you want. Instead of something you may not use.

CharmedGirl
December 30th, 2007, 12:38 AM
I hate when I get presents I won't use I always feel that the person who gave me the present wasted their money.

DavidsGirl841444
December 30th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Or doesn't know you enough to know what you might like at least a little.

CharmedGirl
December 31st, 2007, 07:32 PM
Everyone I know who gives me presents for either my birthday or Christmas knows me pretty well so they should know what I like and what I don't like but getting presents I won't use seems to happen.

DavidsGirl841444
January 1st, 2008, 04:22 PM
Yeah here to so thats why Kims books were great.

CharmedGirl
January 3rd, 2008, 03:55 AM
Well I actually got to put all my books that were lying in bags on my new bookcase today. WooHoo! I can't wait to start re-reading some of them now that I've found them again. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
January 3rd, 2008, 12:49 PM
Oh glad bookshelf I have heard of those i got boxes full.

DavidsGirl841444
January 22nd, 2008, 07:03 PM
Look finished the second book in the hollows and got to say kirsten that guy vamp hot but why not try to hook up with ivy I mean yeah girl but half the funis mixing it up.

CharmedGirl
January 22nd, 2008, 07:35 PM
Look finished the second book in the hollows and got to say kirsten that guy vamp hot but why not try to hook up with ivy I mean yeah girl but half the funis mixing it up.

Oh yeah he is one hot vampire. Now he doesn't hook up with Ivy because she has an interest in women not men :turned: That is why Ivy is so attached to Rachel.

DavidsGirl841444
January 22nd, 2008, 08:04 PM
No i meant why doesn't Rachel hook up with Ivy I mean once is not going to kill her right.. I know she is straight but trying it once just to see would be nice.

CharmedGirl
January 22nd, 2008, 08:07 PM
For some reason I think their relationship wouldn't survive if something happened. I mean what Ivy does in one of the books is bad enough but I won't mention what I'm talking about if you haven't read all five yet.

DavidsGirl841444
January 23rd, 2008, 02:49 PM
Grrr whoa can;t wait to read. She should hook up with trent the evil bad guy who is hot.

CharmedGirl
January 27th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Hmmm Kisten is a great guy but him and Ivy together just won't happen.

DavidsGirl841444
January 28th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Ok no I didn't mean him and Ivy chica I ment Rachel and Ivy girl and girl.

CharmedGirl
January 29th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Nope Ivy isn't exactly one of my favourites I think she is quite annoying and Rachel needs to get away from her for a little while.

DavidsGirl841444
January 30th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Well I like Ivy I mean other then Rachel who has got to lose the whole afraid of pleasure thing which would have made alot of things easier. So far Ivy Ilike but who know I may change my mind the further along I read.

CharmedGirl
January 30th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I feel that Ivy is to clingy and needy of Rachel I think. Rachel can't help it that she's straight and only wants friendship with Ivy for now.

DavidsGirl841444
January 31st, 2008, 12:31 AM
Wwell with everyone expecting her to be this big Vamp woman and she just wanting a normal life with her friends I don't blameher. And that is for now like ou mentioned who knows what the fute may hold.

DavidsGirl841444
February 2nd, 2008, 04:37 AM
Ok finished number three and so far so good lots of yumy guys and good feeling all around.

bittenbybooks
February 5th, 2008, 04:47 PM
isn't the new one supposed to be out really really soon?
The Outlaw Demon Wails?

I have read them all, but sometimes I feel like she talks TOO much. Not sure if that makes sense. I love the series, it just gets a bit complicated w/ a lot of extra info that we may not need. Just my opinion. I will still read them all for sure.

NeedCoffee

DavidsGirl841444
February 6th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah it comes out feb 26 can't wait for it another book to read. Loving the series so far they say five is the best so trying to get to it.

I like the talking and explaining things that I don't get but thats just me and the extra stuff not that much just adds to the story.

bittenbybooks
February 25th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I just pre-ordered my copy of Outlaw Demon Wails today! Woohoo!

CharmedGirl
February 25th, 2008, 05:14 PM
isn't the new one supposed to be out really really soon?
The Outlaw Demon Wails?

I have read them all, but sometimes I feel like she talks TOO much. Not sure if that makes sense. I love the series, it just gets a bit complicated w/ a lot of extra info that we may not need. Just my opinion. I will still read them all for sure.

NeedCoffee

I can't wait to read The Outlaw Demon Wails. It sounds like it's going to be a great book. I'll have to check and see when it comes out here in Australia.

hollie
February 25th, 2008, 05:24 PM
i've just finished the second one which was really good but i haven't got the rest yet

CharmedGirl
February 25th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I hope you really enjoyed reading Stray by Rachel Vincent Hollie. The second book Rogue is out soon and I can't wait to read it.

hollie
February 25th, 2008, 05:34 PM
i couldn't put it down and Rogue is due out on 1st April so its not long to wait

CharmedGirl
February 25th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Nope just over a month to go now. Can't wait to see what Faythe and Marc get up to. LOL

bittenbybooks
February 25th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Nope just over a month to go now. Can't wait to see what Faythe and Marc get up to. LOL

I be you can guess what will be up. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
February 26th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Oh her new bok suposedly comes out today or at least that is what her sight says yeah can't wait to get it.

bittenbybooks
February 26th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Oh her new bok suposedly comes out today or at least that is what her sight says yeah can't wait to get it.

Yep! Today's the day. ;)

CharmedGirl
February 29th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Tomorrow when I'm at the bookstore I'm going to have to see when book 6 The Outlaw Demon Wails comes out cause it's not out in Australia yet (so unfair)!

bittenbybooks
February 29th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Tomorrow when I'm at the bookstore I'm going to have to see when book 6 The Outlaw Demon Wails comes out cause it's not out in Australia yet (so unfair)!

Oh! are you going to pre-order it?

midnight_shadow
May 15th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Kim Harrisons books are awsome! I HEART them with all my love. *MAKES GOOGLE EYES* and the characters are sooo YAY! I don't have a fave character but i do love the bad boy:gunsmilie: vamp. I dont much like nick. he annoys me but hes such a well made character. HES LIKE MY FRIEND NIC!... he annoys me to.. hmmm... Ray-ray is awsome. Shes a character u can relate with. SHE GETS SCARED! OMG is so strange to meet a heroine that gets scared. I <3 kim harrisons books.

hollie
May 16th, 2008, 06:28 PM
i just got books 3 & 4 will get round to reading them soon

DavidsGirl841444
May 17th, 2008, 11:31 AM
You'll love them

hollie
May 18th, 2008, 06:46 AM
i got so much going on at the moment i don't know when i'll get chance to read them

bittenbybooks
May 19th, 2008, 09:46 PM
i would love to listen to these on audio.

hollie
May 20th, 2008, 08:29 AM
my mum listens to a lot of audio books i tried one of the Harry Potters once and it was so boring and slow i've never bothered with audio since

DavidsGirl841444
May 20th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Yeah cause the voices may never do it justice.

bittenbybooks
May 20th, 2008, 02:47 PM
some are good, some not so much. OMG I have one that is read by Brittish readers and I can barely get through it. I stopped listening to it at the gym cause it was putting me to sleep.

CharmedGirl
May 20th, 2008, 04:05 PM
some are good, some not so much. OMG I have one that is read by Brittish readers and I can barely get through it. I stopped listening to it at the gym cause it was putting me to sleep.

Falling asleep while on a treadmill or some piece of equipment like that would not be good.

hollie
May 20th, 2008, 05:04 PM

That could be the problem the british ones are read lke a lullaby

DavidsGirl841444
May 21st, 2008, 10:00 AM
Well not all of them i got a doctor who one with David Tennant reading it he made it enjoyable.

bittenbybooks
May 25th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I have had some good books on audio. This one (I cannot even remember the name) I am thinking of in particular is a man doing all these womens voices. They are Gods and Goddesses living in London. Totally sleepy timer. :)

DavidsGirl841444
May 27th, 2008, 12:30 PM
So does he do the women justice.

bittenbybooks
May 29th, 2008, 07:56 PM
So does he do the women justice.

NO totally terribly. LOL he gets the TT rating. he he