PDA

View Full Version : To Deceive Is To Love Free giveaway Romantic suspense

LynneK
February 4th, 2012, 10:06 AM
TO READ MORE AND FOR COUPON CODE OFFER TO GET FREE DOWNLOAD(all formats)
VISIT http://lynnekingauthor.co.uk
EXCERPT:<o:p></o“Why you …” David grabbed Danny by the lapels ofhis jacket, nearly lifting him off the ground.<o:p></o“Stop it, you two!” Chantelle screamed.<o:p></oThe two men stared back at each other, Danny’s toplip curling up at the edges as he sensed David’s hesitation. Chantelle hadrisen off the chair, her weight balanced awkwardly on one foot, her handreaching forward to touch David’s shoulder. For a moment, it seemed to havecalmed him, but his narrow glare remained fixed on Danny’s face.<o:p></o“Go on, throw a punch,” Danny taunted. “You’re justlike him; you settle everything with your fists. Only you were never around tosee it, were you?<o:p></o“You’d believe anything she told you.”<o:p></o“I was there, remember? You weren’t.”<o:p></oThis was no longer about the plane or the sceneDanny had walked in on. This went far deeper, the two of them locked in anemotional battle from the past. All Chantelle could do was stand back andwatch, fearful that one word could trigger David into striking Danny. <o:p></oDanny’s gaze shifted to Chantelle as she leanedagainst David for support, the gesture revealing the intimacy between them.<o:p></o“You surprise me. I always thought you had classthe way you brushed off men who tried to get into your knickers at everyopportunity. I’ve seen them hit on you at shows and in the bars afterward, butyou were never interested. It even crossed my mind you might be gay. How wrongcan I bloody be? He comes along and you’re dropping your knickers like all therest and lying to me like a bloody tramp.”<o:p></oThere was a deadly thud as David’s fist crackedinto Danny’s chin, the force sending him reeling back, Chantelle’s scream goingwith him. <o:p></oA deathly silence followed. The force wasn’t hardenough to knock Danny off his feet, but he was staggering, blood trickling fromhis lip as his hand came up to check that his jaw was still intact. Taking awhite handkerchief out of his pocket, he dabbed the corner of his mouth andstared back at the blood on it. <o:p></oChantelle started hobbling towards him. <o:p></o“Don’t come any nearer,” he growled hoarsely ather. “I should be thankful. I know my brother can hit much harder than that.His hands are trained to kill, isn’t that right? Or hasn’t he told you how hemakes a living? Mercenaries, isn’t that what they call you lot? Only I have myown name for them: hired killers. I can see by your face you had no idea.”

VanillaOrchids
February 5th, 2012, 08:46 PM
I've not read a lot of suspense novels but I do enjoy romance novels so I'm looking forward to reading To Deceive is to Love. Thank you!