PDA

View Full Version : Highland Caller

Liadan
September 3rd, 2007, 09:24 PM
This is just a head's up for all those of you who are interested.

I have a FREE read coming to Alinar this October. It's a short paranormal. Okay, a very short paranormal.

I'll have more details as the release gets closer.

Karenne
September 3rd, 2007, 10:12 PM
Wonderful. I didn't know they did that. How did you get involved in that?

Liadan
September 3rd, 2007, 10:44 PM
It's one of the things they encourage their authors to do. It gives readers a small taste of our work and we hope it helps to sell more books.

It's actually a great way of promoting I think. We offer the free reads and if the reader likes it, they buy our books.

Felicity actually recommended that I put a free read on the site in order to get my name recognized. It's a great way to get read and noticed. Hopefully people will like my story enough to buy End of An Order. Though that isn't a paranormal.

I'm working on a para at the moment. I hope to have that out maybe sometime next year if not before.

Karenne
September 4th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Neat! Learn something new every day!NeedCoffee

Linda L Lattimer
September 5th, 2007, 01:17 PM
Liadan, that is good to hear, I will look forward to it

Dani
September 5th, 2007, 08:57 PM
This sounds great Liadan! I'll have to check it out. :biggrin:

Liadan
September 7th, 2007, 10:02 PM
I'll be posting Highland Caller on my website for any of you folks wish to read it. I'll have it up tomorrow, probably in the afternoon. (You all should know I don't function well in the mornings without Starbucks.)

Dani
September 7th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Cool Liadan. I'll check it out in the afternoon then. :biggrin:

Liadan
September 7th, 2007, 10:12 PM
If you want it any earlier, the cost of the bribe is The Bucks! :tt2:

Liadan
September 8th, 2007, 09:36 PM
I had Highland Caller all ready to post on my site but due to circumstances, it won't be up on my site tonight.

Though End of An Order was pulled, I may have another submission in the works with a different story and I have been busy with that.

But I promise I will have a serialized free read starting either tomorrow or Monday. (Goes digging through WIP files.) Yep, found one. So be on the lookout for it on my site.

Lainey
September 9th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Is ok we know what is up with the other read for here but you an put another in its place and no worries the other is now more important ... hehe... me knows ...

Lainey

Liadan
September 9th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Yes you do know L-1. Working on that right now.

L-2 out:ph34r:

Dani
September 9th, 2007, 04:26 PM
It's okay Liadan! Sometimes things happen. We'll live with a different story. :biggrin:

Liadan
September 9th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks! I just hope you like them steamy!

Dani
September 9th, 2007, 07:55 PM
:hellobaby:Oh yeah! I love steamy! :whistling:

Liadan
September 9th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Why do I get the feeling the little whistle guy was supposed to make me think you are innocent?:tt2:

Dani
September 9th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Me? Why I'm as innocent as the day's dawn. Innocent?

Well I try anyway! :roflmao:

Karenne
September 10th, 2007, 04:42 PM
chokes on coffee.

sputters...

wheezes...looks at Dani

Falls out of chair laughing::)

Dani
September 10th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Dang Karenne, you mean I only made you choke and fall over? Awwww, guess I'll have to try harder next time. BTW, did you hurt yourself when you fell? :lol:
On a side note, I at least did say that I try! Nothing has ever been proven to the contrary. :whistling: :roflmao:

Karenne
September 10th, 2007, 05:47 PM
(reaches over and kicks Dani with my foot)

Coffee & Reading

Dani
September 10th, 2007, 05:53 PM
:P:You missed! :roflmao:

Liadan
September 10th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Dani...Karenne, play nice, I'd hate to break out my whip. :errrr:You two would like that though wouldn't you? Oh well, guess I'll have to think of something else.

Karenne
September 10th, 2007, 07:23 PM
(jumps up and down) oh oh...I have a whip....umm...a couple of them

leers at Dani Party Time

Dani
September 10th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Bring it ladies! :biggrin:

I have a riding crop and some handcuffs somewhere around here that I can get out. :roflmao:

Liadan
September 16th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Highland Caller was picked up Dark Castle Lords!!!! I'm so excited right now and shaking.

I had also sent a synopsis and first three chapters of a book I had written over five years ago and now they want to see the full submission.

So I guess the other door has opened now it's up to me to walk through it.

Karenne
September 16th, 2007, 09:59 PM
DiscoDancingCarrots Yeah! See..it worked out! Twirling I am so excited for you!HugMe

Liadan
September 16th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Thank you! I'm still in shock! :swoon:

But I'm celebrating with chocolate brownies!

Dani
September 16th, 2007, 11:00 PM
:clap:OMG!!! A BIG congrats to you Liadan!! That's very excellent news. Cheerleader:whoohoo:

Liadan
September 16th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Thank you Dani! I'm completely stoked right now and just wondering how the heck I'm going to be able to polish the first of my Scottish trilogy in one weeks time. It's 86,000 words.

Looks like I've got my work cut out for me this week.

Dani
September 16th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Wow! Well that means that you really don't have time to be dilly dalling around does it? I'm sure that you can polish it up nicely before the end of the week though. I have faith in ya! :biggrin:

Liadan
September 16th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Well let's see...wake up at 5 am have coffee and work on book, get daughter ready for school, get ready for work, come home, cook dinner, help with homework, relax for a bit, work on book, in bed by 1 am.

Yeah, that sounds about right. LOL

Dani
September 16th, 2007, 11:43 PM
:wideeyed: That's a very full day Liadan.

I'll send you some of my son's boundless enegry to keep you going. :lol:

Liadan
September 16th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Dang Dani! If you can bottle that and sell it you'd make millions. I'll be the guinea pig for the first batch though.