PDA

View Full Version : Laurell K Hamilton

Pages : [1] 2

HeartFelt Promos
August 14th, 2006, 07:06 PM
http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/
Laurell K Hamilton

. Anita Blake is an Animator and Vampire Slayer. Actually, she is a monster slayer. Though sometimes the monsters are human and even Anita is not sure she is not one of them.

Anita lives in a world very similar to our own. The difference: things that go bump in the night are real. Vampires, magic, zombies, werewolves, shapeshifters all exist and are active. Owning businesses, having love lives and living or unliving their day to day existence.

Anita works for Animators, Inc. She routinely raises zombies for a living. Have a questionable will and died? Anita can raise you for your heirs to find out what you intended. Need to tell someone how you really feel about them but they died first? Anita can bring them back long enough for you to have your say. Anita also works as a consultant for the Regional Preternatural Investigation Team (RPIT), a division of the St. Louis Police force that deals with supernatural crimes.

jennzilla
November 5th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Anita, Richard, Jean Claude were the first triangle thingimajig. But Ash is soo soo dang drool worthy. Can I have Jason as my own personal pet?

Anita and er.. well, that's a possible spoiler.. Hmm..

Merry is short, cute , and has lots of good good sex with .. ok, spoiler. Doyle is hot!

Wait.. I'll tell how she's affected my life..
Laurell K Hamilton is indirectly responsible for me being a writer. I was just floating around in cyberspace, and found a website dedicated (or more like obsessed) with her characters. At first, I was terrified for her life, thinking OMG they're stalking HER, who should I call? But, then I realized, they were just fans. Anyway, I started talking with another obsessed stalker, erm, fan like myself and she invited me to write something with a character she had made up already.

Again,I was terrified, however, this time, it was stage fright. I'd always made up stories in my head, to end a movie or book like I thought it should be done. As you know, I'm always correct and all that. This friend, named Ally, didn't run like I'm sure her first instinct told her to, instead she explained fanfic to me and well, Shang Da was mine *MINE! I SAY!*

The rest, is long, involved, with twists and turns and all sorts of potholes, down what I call my psycho-path but I still read LKH, I still love Anita Blake when she's a cop, Shang's still mine by default and erm.. Merry Gentry has walking talking Skittles.. jeeez! Can I Taste The Rainbow?

Karenne
November 5th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I really Enjoy the Anita series! Everytime there is a new book coming out, I go through and re-read each book leading up to the newest one. Yes, I am sooo addicted!

Personally, I change my mind on who I like....Richard, Jean Claude, Micah, Jean Claude...sheesh!

jennzilla
November 26th, 2006, 04:51 AM
Shang I say.. it's all about the Shang Da. Le Sigh.

Ravyn Reccio
March 28th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Give me Micah and Asher anytime.. and of course.. JC.. *drool*

Illyria
June 23rd, 2007, 10:59 PM
just finished reading her latest, The Harlequin and love it! I don't know what she has in store next for her Anita Blake series, but can't wait to see what will happen next in this saga, :lol:

And really love her Merry Gentry series too. Can't wait until October for her book Lick of Frost is released. :)

Karenne
June 25th, 2007, 02:10 AM
I just got the Harlequin from my bestest friend today. I have been looking at it and trying to make myself find the time to read it.

sighhh....(looks at the book again) you know I will!:roflmao:

Karenne
June 25th, 2007, 02:11 AM
just finished reading her latest, The Harlequin and love it! I don't know what she has in store next for her Anita Blake series, but can't wait to see what will happen next in this saga, :lol:

And really love her Merry Gentry series too. Can't wait until October for her book Lick of Frost is released. :)

'Lick of Frost' doesn't that just bring great things to your mind? I mean ..really!!!

Illyria
June 25th, 2007, 09:27 AM
It sure does. The title makes crazy in anticipation of getting my hands on it. :roflmao:

CathieCaffey
June 26th, 2007, 01:56 AM
I haven't started the Anita Blake books of LKH, but I do have her first couple of them. So maybe soon! SO many good reads, so little time1

I like alot of the vamp series. Check out Savannah Russe. I hope I spelled it right! I enjoy the wolfies too! Lorie O'Clare, Lori Leigh, Jaci Burton, and so many. Series are so addicting!!

Dewdrop
June 28th, 2007, 02:30 AM
My personal favorite quote. From Circus of the Damned.

Anita: "Jesus! Is every vampire over 200 a pervert?"

Jean-Claude: "I'm over 200."

Anita: "I rest my case."

Karenne
June 28th, 2007, 05:58 AM
lol I love that quote!

Have you read the neweest one? The Harlequin? I just finished that up today and I love that it went back to the Vampire Politics.

oh oh...and what she did to Richard (growl) at the end...was SOOOOO over due!

kjt1029
August 25th, 2007, 08:15 PM
You gotta find time for the Anita Blake series. I have to admit I really got into the series by the second book. I think the problem was that I had just finished the Meredith Gentry series and I had a hard time releasing those characters in my head. I keep getting addicted to her characters and her MEN! Richard, Jean Claude, Micha, Asher, (even Nathanial is hot) yikes...how do you pick just one :) Then you have Doyle (WOW) and Frost (Oh Baby) for Merry, along with so many others ....To many hotties to just go solo. What a fantasy!!!!!!!
I am looking forward to A Lick of Frost too. Just the thought ;)

kjt1029
August 25th, 2007, 08:18 PM
I also agree that what she did to Richard was over due, but so sad since he is such a hunk ! Maybe he will come to his senses later. If not his senses, his political senses to keep her as his lupa, bolvark and lover.

jennzilla
August 25th, 2007, 08:24 PM
LKH is one of the main reasons I wanted to write paranormal in general and werewolves specifically. While I know very well I'll never be in her league, she's still one of my favorites. I've not gotten her book yet simply because I know if I do, I'll stop everything else and just read it from cover to cover and I don't have time for it right now. LOL! So, Karenne, please stop the tongue waving emoticons when you tell me you've read the book. It's just mean.

:cry:

kjt1029
August 25th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Now I've added Jenna to my reading list. :)

jennzilla
August 25th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Now I've added Jenna to my reading list. :)
Ooh, see Karenne? What'd I say about sympathy? Some people feel sorry for me, uh huh. LOL!! Thanks but I do have to say probably one of few things The Wolf's Heart has in common with LKH's novels is that it's about werewolves. Wait, two because, there is sex in it.

kjt1029
August 26th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Ooh, see Karenne? What'd I say about sympathy? Some people feel sorry for me, uh huh. LOL!! Thanks but I do have to say probably one of few things The Wolf's Heart has in common with LKH's novels is that it's about werewolves. Wait, two because, there is sex in it.

There is nothing wrong with that, I like werewolves and the sex is great too:clap: Definitely my kind of read.

kjt1029
August 26th, 2007, 11:08 AM
I forgot to ask, are your books solo's or part of a potential series? I want to make sure I start at the begiinning if its a series.

jennzilla
August 26th, 2007, 04:03 PM
The Wolf's Heart is book one of The Lune Wolf Series. I'm working on book two now, between all the yacking I like to do about all the other books I read, which is quite a lot actually. I love to read. Probably why I don't get a lot of housework done. Hmm. I don't care. Thanks again!

kjt1029
August 27th, 2007, 07:41 AM
The Wolf's Heart is book one of The Lune Wolf Series. I'm working on book two now, between all the yacking I like to do about all the other books I read, which is quite a lot actually. I love to read. Probably why I don't get a lot of housework done. Hmm. I don't care. Thanks again!

Great thanks for the info!
I wanted to add that I think it is way cool that authors like yourself monitor these chat boards and then actually respond personally. Way Cool!!

DavidsGirl841444
September 20th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Yeah so totally think some of her books worth it but some so hard like the las two books that came out I just want it to go back to the tough women she was.

CharmedGirl
September 21st, 2007, 03:15 AM
I've just started the Laurell K. Hamilton (Anita Blake series). It is going to be a great series to read but I'm only halfway through the 1st book at the moment and I'm loving it. Can't wait to read the other books in the series.

Karenne
September 21st, 2007, 10:17 AM
Well, you have plenty to read. Trust me! There are quite a few of those books!Bunny

CharmedGirl
September 22nd, 2007, 10:12 AM
The worst thing is is that I read fast and get so engrossed in a novel especially if it is a good one that I can finish a 400 or 500 page book in about 5 just over 6 hours while taking short breaks of about 5 minutes if needed.

DavidsGirl841444
September 25th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Thats a good thing when you want to finish a book and want to start another one.

CharmedGirl
September 25th, 2007, 07:34 PM
OMG I always start a new book straight after I finish the last one in a series cause then I'll lose concentration. So I start immediately the new book without taking a break. LOL

jennzilla
September 25th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Great thanks for the info!
I wanted to add that I think it is way cool that authors like yourself monitor these chat boards and then actually respond personally. Way Cool!!

I don't monitor them, jut read them for the purposes of procrastination. *ahem* Oh, and I also love books like LKH, Charlaine Harris, Patricia Briggs, etc. I've said in jest that I write to support my reading habit. Too bad it's not really a joke. :lol:

Anna Fallon
September 26th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Jenna's paranormals are awesome...every bit as good as LKH IMO....
The only thing is, well...there isn't enough of them..
GET WRITING Girly! *points to Jenns computer*

Anna

jennzilla
September 30th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Jenna's paranormals are awesome...every bit as good as LKH IMO....
The only thing is, well...there isn't enough of them..
GET WRITING Girly! *points to Jenns computer*

Anna

*slips her a 20* :lol: You realize that compliment goes both ways, right Freddie..I mean, Anna? Oh no, I ain't never lettin you live that down.

Anna Fallon
September 30th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Hehe first release

Biting Jenna by Freddie Bigcockz

bittenbybooks
October 3rd, 2007, 04:22 PM
I finally started the AB series last week. I am just starting Bloody Bones. I have all of the rest either on the way to me from paperbackswap/bookmooch and 2 from Amazon that I ordered today.

So far I like them. I found myself getting annoyed that there hasn't been more sex in the first few books. LOL Is that dumb or what? I hope that she gives it up here to somebody in the next book.

I was going to read another series, but wanted to read the Cravings anthology. I found that I couldn't read LKH story, because it was SO intertwined with her books and what has been happening. I had to put it down. I will go back to it later though.

Two thumbs up so far though. I really like AB!

CharmedGirl
October 3rd, 2007, 04:50 PM
Hmmm the sex in the Anita Blake series will come don't worry about that. LOL

bittenbybooks
October 3rd, 2007, 07:44 PM
Hmmm the sex in the Anita Blake series will come don't worry about that. LOL

will it sneak up like a ninja? :ph34r: LOL ;)

CharmedGirl
October 3rd, 2007, 08:10 PM
:yes: it does sneak up on you in the AB series. You'll love the later books in the series especially book 11, 12 and 13 they were some of my favourites.

Some of the men Anita has sex with are yummy :lol:

bittenbybooks
October 4th, 2007, 04:17 PM
:yes: it does sneak up on you in the AB series. You'll love the later books in the series especially book 11, 12 and 13 they were some of my favourites.

Some of the men Anita has sex with are yummy :lol:

YAY! :) I can't wait!

CharmedGirl
October 4th, 2007, 04:21 PM
I couldn't wait either I was waiting for the really good sex scenes and then all of a sudden the further into the series I got there were sex scenes :lol:

kjt1029
October 6th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I finally started the AB series last week. I am just starting Bloody Bones. I have all of the rest either on the way to me from paperbackswap/bookmooch and 2 from Amazon that I ordered today.

So far I like them. I found myself getting annoyed that there hasn't been more sex in the first few books. LOL Is that dumb or what? I hope that she gives it up here to somebody in the next book.

I was going to read another series, but wanted to read the Cravings anthology. I found that I couldn't read LKH story, because it was SO intertwined with her books and what has been happening. I had to put it down. I will go back to it later though.

Two thumbs up so far though. I really like AB!

Your in for a treat soon. Lots of sex scenes in her later books in the series, but don't skip any. They are all good.
Actually I have to admit, I did skip one book "Obsidian Butterfly" because it didn't seem to deal with Anita's sex/love relationships. I was addicted to them, so I bought the book, but I haven't read it yet. SHAME....Did anyone else do this? ". Of course, I read her series after they were all published and on the shelves, so I was able to skip and continue on in the series.
Anyway, I digress. The sex scenes are terrific. All the men, especially Jean Claude, Richard, Micah, well I can't name them all are just so YUMMMMY!

Linda L Lattimer
October 6th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Yes, love Jenna's books, Anna gives great advice

Linda :) :)

CharmedGirl
October 6th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Anyway, I digress. The sex scenes are terrific. All the men, especially Jean Claude, Richard, Micah, well I can't name them all are just so YUMMMMY!
How could you forget Nathaniel? He is absolutely yummy. :lol:

bittenbybooks
October 12th, 2007, 05:42 PM
I am currently reading burnt offerings. I think this is where nathaniel shows up on the scene.

CharmedGirl
October 13th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Wow. Wait until you get to Narcissus in Chains. Now that is a good book. It is the book that Micah is introduced in. OMG but Nathaniel is one hottie of Anita's that I definitely think she should keep. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
October 13th, 2007, 09:48 PM
I think he started out so whimpy Nathaniel then he got a little more daring and demanding for my taste. Honestly it felt a little like he was domesticating anita I know it wasn't that and she needs him around but just weird.

kjt1029
October 14th, 2007, 12:46 AM
How could you forget Nathaniel? He is absolutely yummy. :lol:
Your right, I should have added Nathaniel in that list too. Very yummy!! I guess my fingers got lazy :swoon:

mskendra
October 14th, 2007, 01:20 AM
In someways Nathaniel is stronger than ALL of them. He know who is he and what he wants. He's not afraid to stand up for what he wants. I think he's known this since day one. he waits and plans around Anita's fragil physce. ( I know I spelled that wrong LOL). Sometimes I just want to slap her!

I wasn't going to read anymore of the books, but I heard Harlequinn was good. It was. I enjoyed reading it. "sigh" another series to read :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
October 14th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Don't know yeah he got up on his own and has realzied what he wants but when it come down to the end of it all at the end not that there ever will be one that is, I say he not be an option for her.

DrkCherry
October 15th, 2007, 01:51 AM
I need to buy the last two books.

My favorite characters are: Nathaniel, Asher, and Jason.

My least favorite is Anita. She's just too Buffy for me at this point, and I loathed Buffy towards the end. Its kind of hard to skip the Anita parts of an Anita Blake book...:lol:, so its slow going for me.

CharmedGirl
October 15th, 2007, 02:11 AM
OMG how could I forget Jason. He is so lovable and he loves flirting with Anita but I was disappointed that he doesn't flirt with Anita as much in The Harlequin but I guess his relationship status changed so the flirting sort of has to go out the window :swoon: So not fair though :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
October 15th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Hey really don't like Jason is like he really wants her but she doesn't want him and I meanshe has enough guys already without adding even more I mean come on she is only human.

And I loved Buffy that is my appeal to Anita since the beginning then she lost some of the punch and kick to her when she got all these guys she is doing.

I love Jean Claude he is my favorite next to Richard the original two guys I love it. And Edward rocks just as hard.

Karenne
October 15th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I think Jason a lot of time is her voice of reason....plus he is able to step back and just let things lie when others (Richard) get all uptight.

Just my humble opinionCoffee & Reading

DavidsGirl841444
October 16th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Good opinion. I like that.

CharmedGirl
November 4th, 2007, 09:37 PM
I think Jason a lot of time is her voice of reason....plus he is able to step back and just let things lie when others (Richard) get all uptight.

Just my humble opinionCoffee & Reading

Richard totally annoyed me in The Harlequin. Just because Micah gets to do everything with Anita first doesn't mean he has to act like he owns her all the time. Hopefully Richard and Anita are through for a while because at the end of The Harlequin Anita was not happy and who can blame her :swoon:

Dani
November 4th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Has anyone read her Merry Gentry sereis yet?

I started the first book one day when I need something to read and didn't have the book I was reading (that's so bad of me too) and I really like what I've read so far, but I want another opinion or two on them. So please tell me what you think of them if you've read them.

Like I said, I started the first book, but I haven't finished it, so please don't tell me about the book, just what you though. Thanks!! :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
November 4th, 2007, 11:45 PM
No I haven't read this series yet Dani. I'm going to get around to reading it sooner or later though because I really enjoyed the Anita Blake series. LOL

jennzilla
November 6th, 2007, 12:22 AM
I have and they are wonderful. *sniffles* Now I must wait for forty five million forevers until the next one.
:swoon:

Dani
November 6th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Thanks Jenna! :biggrin:

DavidsGirl841444
November 6th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Whoa that is a big number to wait for a book.

Karenne
November 6th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Have ya'll seen the interview that we got to have with Laurell K. Hamilton this month?:P:

Check it out!

http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/Interviews.html

hollie
November 6th, 2007, 02:57 PM
As much as i love the Antia books i do prefer the merry books she is sweeter than anita (not sickly) and her boyfriends are just as cool as JC and the others.

CharmedGirl
November 6th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Have ya'll seen the interview that we got to have with Laurell K. Hamilton this month?:P:

Check it out!

I'll definitely be going to check out this interview :notworthy:

Also I would really like to read Laurell's other series now...looking forward to getting some of that series in the near future but right now I have to get through the other books on my book pile. I had 20 on the pile and now I'm down to 18. I will not get another book until the pile is at least down to 5 :lol:

Dani
November 6th, 2007, 11:42 PM

Check it out!

Thanks Karenne! I'll be off to read it soon.

You would brag wouldn't you...:lol:

Karenne
November 7th, 2007, 12:35 AM
oh yeah! I did it! lol:flowers:

Dani
November 7th, 2007, 12:43 AM
It was an excellent interview Karenne. :notworthy:

CharmedGirl
November 7th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Yep it's a great interview. I really want to read the Meredith Gentry series now. I've just read all the excerpts and they sound awesome. LOL

jennzilla
November 7th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Karenne gives good......interview. *snickers* Yes, it does make me happy to draw it out like that.

Dani
November 7th, 2007, 01:28 AM
We can see that. :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
November 7th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Yes she does props to karenne.

KissyKrissy
November 7th, 2007, 02:17 PM
I read the interview off a link from Ms. hamiltons site. its great! if you havent read the Merry Gentry series yet you should its great! There is quite a bit of sex in it, so be aware LOL i havent read lick of frost yet but from the talk on the msg board its suppose to be wicked!! so excited to read it!

hollie
November 7th, 2007, 02:31 PM
I've read it not as much sex as in minstrals kiss but its got a better ending can't wait for the next one:yes:

Karenne
November 7th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I read the interview off a link from Ms. hamiltons site. its great! if you havent read the Merry Gentry series yet you should its great! There is quite a bit of sex in it, so be aware LOL i havent read lick of frost yet but from the talk on the msg board its suppose to be wicked!! so excited to read it!

Really? :swoon:ohhh..where is it? i want to see!

KissyKrissy
November 7th, 2007, 05:32 PM
http://forum.laurellkhamilton.org/forumdisplay.php?f=279

here is the link for the msg boards. but BEWARE major spoilers are in there! i read a thing or two i wish i hadnt! LOL

CharmedGirl
November 8th, 2007, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the info for Laurell's message boards KissyKrissy.

I will definitely have to go and sign myself up to discuss Laurell's books now that I've read the Anita Blake series at least and I want to know what's going to happen in the new Anita Blake book which is released in June 2008.

I'm looking forward to reading her other series now, the Merry Gentry series. I'm going to the bookstore tomorrow to see if they are there. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
November 8th, 2007, 10:51 AM
I hate when major spoilers are posted where people who don't want to know about it are. I mean hey i haven't read the book just yet but be suprised so maybe I will stay out of messaging until I do. but thanks for the site get to it after the books.

CharmedGirl
November 9th, 2007, 11:23 PM
I bought the first four books in the Merry Gentry series just yesterday and I've already started reading the first book. It's going to be good.

DavidsGirl841444
November 10th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Whoa you work fast don't you. Same with guys you see one and you go for the kill or is it a slow hunt?

KissyKrissy
November 10th, 2007, 02:51 PM
sometimes if the books are on the shelf you just have to get them all! thats what i usually do...bad habit..can get expensive...happy reading!!

Dani
November 10th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I do the same thing sometimes Krissy. It always gets me in trouble when I do it too. :lol:

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Whoa you work fast don't you. Same with guys you see one and you go for the kill or is it a slow hunt?

Nope men I go straight for the kill as well but the prize a man can give you definitely has to be slow at first so you can enjoy it :lol:

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 12:37 AM
sometimes if the books are on the shelf you just have to get them all! thats what i usually do...bad habit..can get expensive...happy reading!!

I always try to get as many books in a series as I can so that I don't have to keep dragging myself down to the bookstore every two days or so :lol:

jennzilla
November 11th, 2007, 01:04 AM
I hate when major spoilers are posted where people who don't want to know about it are. I mean hey i haven't read the book just yet but be suprised so maybe I will stay out of messaging until I do. but thanks for the site get to it after the books.

Me too and I don't like to give them. Heck, I write the word SPOILER when I'm posting something about The Wizard of Oz. You just never know when someone hasn't watched that movie. Of course, if you haven't, I won't give your Martian arse a spoiler, just turn ya in to the Feebs, you know?
:winkiss:

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 01:07 AM
Me too and I don't like to give them. Heck, I write the word SPOILER when I'm posting something about The Wizard of Oz. You just never know when someone hasn't watched that movie. Of course, if you haven't, I won't give your Martian arse a spoiler, just turn ya in to the Feebs, you know?
:winkiss:

:arghhhh: who would not have seen The Wizard of Oz. If anyone hasn't they should be zapped :lol:

It's been about two years since I've seen The Wizard of Oz but I remember the movie like the back of my hand :swoon:

Dani
November 11th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Ummm, I haven't seen that movie in probably 22 years and my son's never seen it at all. One day I'll show him the movie, but right now he's not too ready to see Toto almost get boiled.

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 02:39 AM
Well you need to follow the yellow brick road and see the wizard then. LOL

Dani
November 11th, 2007, 02:53 AM
Yeah, I'll show you what yellow brick road to follow! :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 02:55 AM
Well when I reach the wizard at the end of the yellow brick road I better get three wishes

:lol:

Dani
November 11th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Well you better keep wishin for that. :lol:

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Off to see the wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz! :lol:

*Looking forward to my wishes being granted* :)

jennzilla
November 11th, 2007, 04:27 AM
Ummm, I haven't seen that movie in probably 22 years and my son's never seen it at all. One day I'll show him the movie, but right now he's not too ready to see Toto almost get boiled.

But you have seen the movie as have most, which is why I used it as an example. But I still put spoilers whenever I talk about it, but do it tongue in cheek, not that children read my blog or emails. I wouldn't rec'd the movie or my blog and emails to them. My emails and blogs are often profane, and/or snarky, which sets a bad example and the witch and flying monkeys scared the crap out of me when I first watched it too many years ago to mention. Of course, they don't scare me now *coughs* much.

DavidsGirl841444
November 11th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Ohhh thats ok when Ifist watched it as a kid scared me too. Oh hey can I get three wishes if I go down the yellow brick road. If not I will settle for a consilation prize of a hot hunk if you have any wizard.

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 06:28 PM
As long as you skip down the yellow brick road singing 'Off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz' DG I'm sure you'll be granted three wishes :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
November 12th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Ok may look funny but I will do anything to find some hot booty.

CharmedGirl
November 13th, 2007, 07:22 PM
:arghhhh: I finished A Caress of Twilight last night and am already 152 pages into Seduced By Moonlight. I can't believe how fast I read Laurell's books. Her books are very addictive from page 1. Once you start reading you don't want to put them down but for now I thought I better get online and post :lol:

Dani
November 13th, 2007, 11:32 PM
I can't either. You're more of a reading fiend than I am! :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
November 13th, 2007, 11:47 PM
I love reading once I start a book that I really like I can't seem to put it down and that's what seems to happens with Laurell's books. LOL

jennzilla
November 14th, 2007, 12:58 AM
I can't stop either, I get reader's cramp from lying there all curled up in one position for so long until, I'm done. Usually with her books I'm crying. Either something bad has happened, or I'm just bummed because I'll have to wait for the next one. Waaahh.

Dani
November 14th, 2007, 01:02 AM
I'm usually the same way, but recently life has been taking up more of my time so that I can't just curl up and read. It sucks, but that's life sometimes.

DavidsGirl841444
November 14th, 2007, 02:22 AM
I am sorry Dani but life sometimes comes at you fast. But hey I could relate about the reading and not wanting to put it down but then I wouldn't get much sleep if I keep reading the way I used to. Always wanting to finish it. But when they are worth it they are worth it.

hollie
November 23rd, 2007, 07:35 PM
xmasreindeer I have reread most of LKH's books while i was laid down cos of my back having already read them once you readthem even quicker 2nd time

CharmedGirl
November 25th, 2007, 08:41 PM
I find when I read books for the second time I read them faster as well. I can't wait to reread all the Merry Gentry series once I get A Lick of Frost next Monday when it comes out here in Australia.

elektra250
May 5th, 2008, 07:50 AM
I love Laurell Hamiltons books and I know what happens in Anitas live from websites, but my country are published only the first four books about Anita and I can't order them from Amazon or other place, because we don't have Master Cards or something like that and the only way I can pay is pay on delivary, but they don't have that option so I just read what they say about her on websites!:wacko:

hollie
May 5th, 2008, 08:26 AM
i'm sorry you can't get the Anita books can you get any of her Merry Gentry books they are good as well

elektra250
May 5th, 2008, 08:33 AM
No for sorry no, I can't get any of them!!!

hollie
May 5th, 2008, 08:37 AM
if you have a look around there are lists of peoples favourate books it might give you some ideas for other books to read like Keri Arthur or Kelley Armstrong they both write paranormal books with shifters and vamps in them

elektra250
May 5th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Ha, ha ,ha. These can't be find too, maybe I should stop reading and writing!

hollie
May 5th, 2008, 09:01 AM
no don't stop reading or writing i use paypal to buy e-books taht way you don't need a credit card just a bank account and e-books are usually cheaper. try paypal it works in a lot of countries
https://www.paypal.com/

elektra250
May 5th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks, I will try this!

DavidsGirl841444
May 8th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Oh so sorry to hear about the books they are good but I bet you'll get your hand on them sooner or later.

elektra250
May 8th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Oh so sorry to hear about the books they are good but I bet you'll get your hand on them sooner or later.

I hope so! Thanks.

midnight_shadow
May 15th, 2008, 05:15 PM
My friend got me into Laurell K Hamilton books. Well she would talk about them and i would stare at her going LET ME READ THEM!!! lol. im so in love with the series. Merry and Anita kick butt! but Edward is mine MINE U HEAR. I'm always drawn to the pyco paths. :devil:. Books are my life.. well better than my life but hey my lifes boring. It also was when I was reading Laurell books that i decided to start writing. My stuff stinks, at least thats what i think though i get hit evertime i say that.. i dont know why, but its fun. :D

DavidsGirl841444
May 16th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Yeah with you on the books are my life. Life not always fun so books escape yeah anta is ok.

hollie
May 16th, 2008, 01:33 PM
books became my life when iwas stopping smoking nearly a year later i still spend as much on books as i did smoking

DavidsGirl841444
May 17th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Hey that is great to hear replacing one habit for a better one. Cheers to you.

midnight_shadow
May 17th, 2008, 02:21 PM
My parents get mad at me when i read all day or something but its my escape, especially after school :D

DavidsGirl841444
May 18th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Heck yeah that is cool i do the same thing.

hollie
May 19th, 2008, 05:22 AM
everyone gets mad when i read all the time but as long as i remember to get the kids from school and feed them i don't see a problem

elektra250
May 19th, 2008, 12:26 PM
everyone gets mad when i read all the time but as long as i remember to get the kids from school and feed them i don't see a problem
I can't see a problem either.My boyfriend even encouriges me.Keep reading, thats my advice to all people but most of the girls and boys I study with haven't read even one book! Thats just sad...

hollie
May 19th, 2008, 03:42 PM
i listen to some of the kids at work reading and a lot of them ask what i'm reading they love it when i say i'm reading about vampires or werewolves. Which is good cos it encourages them to read more

elektra250
May 19th, 2008, 04:14 PM
i listen to some of the kids at work reading and a lot of them ask what i'm reading they love it when i say i'm reading about vampires or werewolves. Which is good cos it encourages them to read more
My classmates think I am crazy, because I like to read and that I love to write. Sometimes they even make jokes about me and my friend because we like to read.

CharmedGirl
May 19th, 2008, 08:27 PM
The countdown is on to the new Anita Blake is out. It is now a week to go. LOL

bittenbybooks
May 19th, 2008, 09:42 PM
The countdown is on to the new Anita Blake is out. It is now a week to go. LOL

I can't believe it is almost time!

CharmedGirl
May 20th, 2008, 03:17 AM
I can't believe it is almost time!

Yeah I can't believe it either Rach. By the way have you read Chapter 1 & 2 excerpts on LKH's website. They're really cool!

hollie
May 20th, 2008, 08:37 AM
it's not releaed here untill the 5th june so i've got it pre-ordered with JR Wards Lover Enshrined which is also due out on the 5th then i just have to pick which one to read 1st

DavidsGirl841444
May 20th, 2008, 09:09 AM
All due out leter this year yeah!

bittenbybooks
May 20th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Yeah I can't believe it either Rach. By the way have you read Chapter 1 & 2 excerpts on LKH's website. They're really cool!
NO! I didn't know they were there. I am so out of the loop I tell ya. LOL will check it out!
Thanks for the heads up. :)

CharmedGirl
May 20th, 2008, 03:54 PM
it's not releaed here untill the 5th june so i've got it pre-ordered with JR Wards Lover Enshrined which is also due out on the 5th then i just have to pick which one to read 1st

I don't think it's out in Australia till the 2nd of June but LKH's last book was out earlier than it was suppose to be so hopefully the same happens with Blood Noir. Fearless Fourteen, the new Stephanie Plum book by Janet Evanovich is out on the same day, I can't wait to read what adventures she has with Ranger and Morelli. It's going to be so funny! The chapter excerpts are up for Fearless Fourteen as well over at Janet's site.

bittenbybooks
May 20th, 2008, 10:58 PM
I don't think it's out in Australia till the 2nd of June but LKH's last book was out earlier than it was suppose to be so hopefully the same happens with Blood Noir. Fearless Fourteen, the new Stephanie Plum book by Janet Evanovich is out on the same day, I can't wait to read what adventures she has with Ranger and Morelli. It's going to be so funny! The chapter excerpts are up for Fearless Fourteen as well over at Janet's site.
I think I actually have all of the Plum books, but have only read books 4 and 2 or something. LOL I will have to keep my eye out and snatch 14 when I can. :)

DavidsGirl841444
May 21st, 2008, 09:59 AM
So you have the plum books but haven't read them all you hvae some will power

bittenbybooks
May 25th, 2008, 03:43 PM
So you have the plum books but haven't read them all you hvae some will power
something. LOL I think it is just I am so focused on paranormals that I don't remember them. That and the 500 other books here that need to be read and reviewed. LOL

I have over 30 books that need to be reviewed for the site now. <groan>

CharmedGirl
May 25th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I think I actually have all of the Plum books, but have only read books 4 and 2 or something. LOL I will have to keep my eye out and snatch 14 when I can. :)

You need to start reading them. You're missing out on some very funny story lines. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
May 27th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I see that is great

CharmedGirl
May 27th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Has anyone got Blood Noir yet?

DavidsGirl841444
May 28th, 2008, 09:36 AM
her new one my cousin got it i think

hollie
May 28th, 2008, 11:40 AM
i got an e-mail from amazon yesterday saying it was dispatched so it should be here tomorrow which is good cos it should be the 5th here

CharmedGirl
May 28th, 2008, 04:21 PM
i got an e-mail from amazon yesterday saying it was dispatched so it should be here tomorrow which is good cos it should be the 5th here

It's out here in Australia on the 2nd of June so I think I'll just wait until it arrives at the bookstore.

bittenbybooks
May 29th, 2008, 07:55 PM
not yet, I am tempted to buy it for my Kindle if they have a kindle copy out. Hmmm should check that! LOL

hollie
May 30th, 2008, 08:48 AM
i read it smilies/borgsmile.gi

DavidsGirl841444
May 30th, 2008, 10:40 AM
And all that its cracked up to be or what?

bittenbybooks
May 30th, 2008, 12:15 PM
\
Spill the beans!!!

hollie
May 30th, 2008, 03:05 PM

i would definatly say or what
don't get me wrong it's good but non of my fav's are in it much

bittenbybooks
May 30th, 2008, 03:09 PM
i would definatly say or what
don't get me wrong it's good but non of my fav's are in it much
Who are your favorites?

and do you see the series continuing?

hollie
May 30th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Who are your favorites?

and do you see the series continuing?

yes i think it will continue the end is certainly open enough to contuinue as her books always are.
i wont say who my favorites are untill more people have read the book but i'm sure if you look around coffee time you can work it out i'm usually pretty vocal about these things

bittenbybooks
May 30th, 2008, 04:51 PM
yes i think it will continue the end is certainly open enough to contuinue as her books always are.
i wont say who my favorites are untill more people have read the book but i'm sure if you look around coffee time you can work it out i'm usually pretty vocal about these things

you vocal? phshawwww. :)

the never ending series. can't wait to read it.

DavidsGirl841444
May 31st, 2008, 06:25 PM
Never Ending Series Whoa Never Knew There Was Such A Book.

bittenbybooks
June 1st, 2008, 12:42 PM
there should be a book like that. :)

CharmedGirl
June 1st, 2008, 03:57 PM
Blood Noir was excellent. I really enjoyed the new Anita Blake book! I can't wait to see what happens in the next one.

bittenbybooks
June 1st, 2008, 04:37 PM
cool! I am next in line to get a copy from pbs. :)

DavidsGirl841444
June 2nd, 2008, 08:47 AM
Oh sounds good.

bittenbybooks
June 2nd, 2008, 07:33 PM
Oh sounds good.
One came through this weekend! Woohooo! It should be here in a few weeks at the most. Totally excited. :)

CharmedGirl
June 18th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Does anyone know anything about the next Anita book. I've heard it's suppose to be set outside of St Louis and she's working with Edward, Olaf and Bernardo again. They are going against the vampires that got away in Incubus Dreams. I can't believe this! If it is set outside of St Louis again that means we will hardly get any of the regulars - Micah, Nathaniel, JC, Asher in it. Unless some of them join her to meet the Master of the City like they did in book 5.

hollie
June 19th, 2008, 04:07 AM
I haven't heard anything but I have a friend who is a massive fan i'll ask her

hollie
June 19th, 2008, 04:33 AM
I've been on LKH's forum and yes the next book is out of state as well but it does have Edvward and the boys in it. I'm not sure who else I stopped reading then.
http://forum.laurellkhamilton.org/showthread.php?t=29708
not sure if that will work if your not a member

DavidsGirl841444
June 19th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks can't wait to see what the next one has

CharmedGirl
June 19th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I've been on LKH's forum and yes the next book is out of state as well but it does have Edvward and the boys in it. I'm not sure who else I stopped reading then.
http://forum.laurellkhamilton.org/showthread.php?t=29708
not sure if that will work if your not a member

It worked Hollie. As for the next Anita book, Laurell read some pages of it at the Wolf Howl night and it's set in Vegas and the reason she gets called into it is because she gets a head sent to her in a box from one of Vittorio's (the bad vamp from Incubus Dreams) victims.

bittenbybooks
June 19th, 2008, 05:02 PM
has she come up with a title for 17 yet?

hollie
June 19th, 2008, 05:11 PM
It worked Hollie. As for the next Anita book, Laurell read some pages of it at the Wolf Howl night and it's set in Vegas and the reason she gets called into it is because she gets a head sent to her in a box from one of Vittorio's (the bad vamp from Incubus Dreams) victims.

oh yuk Bec oh well I was hoping for some fun watching Richard fall off is high horse but i guess that will have to wait till book 18

CharmedGirl
June 19th, 2008, 05:23 PM
oh yuk Bec oh well I was hoping for some fun watching Richard fall off is high horse but i guess that will have to wait till book 18

I am so sick of Richard and him not being able to deal with Anita's life. I think Anita entering another Master's territory is going to backfire for Anita and JC. I think there is going to be some sort of power play for Anita as a human servant because the four marks haven't been completed between Anita and JC. All the talk of other masters of the city knowing she hasn't got the fourth mark and them being able to keep her in line. As if any Master of the City could keep Anita in line. She'll do what she pleases! LOL

hollie
June 20th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I've had enough of Richard as well as for the 4th mark I think it's stupid not to do it as thats 1 of the reasons the mother of all darkness can get at Anita and as all 3 of them are already tied together other wise JC will die as well when they get old.

bittenbybooks
June 20th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Richard gives me a slight headache. LOL I think I will read BN today!

hollie
June 20th, 2008, 01:17 PM
yeh i don't like people who say they are christain then turn away from anything thats not pretty and Richard's real good at that

bittenbybooks
June 20th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I may need aspirin. LOL He's a hypocrite in so many ways.

hollie
June 20th, 2008, 01:24 PM
morphine might be better

bittenbybooks
June 20th, 2008, 01:26 PM
LOL I do have some percocet here. he he

CharmedGirl
June 20th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I've had enough of Richard as well as for the 4th mark I think it's stupid not to do it as thats 1 of the reasons the mother of all darkness can get at Anita and as all 3 of them are already tied together other wise JC will die as well when they get old.

Richard needs to stop trying to play human and except that he is a werewolf. I agree that they need the fourth mark otherwise other Masters of the City are going to want Anita as their human servant and that can happen because she only has three marks.

bittenbybooks
June 20th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I'd like to give him a fourth mark..possibly a fifth or sixth. LOL

CharmedGirl
June 20th, 2008, 07:55 PM
I'd like to give him a fourth mark..possibly a fifth or sixth. LOL

I would rather put a mark on another wereanimal than Richard. I'd pick Micah, Nathaniel, Jason or Haven. LOL

bittenbybooks
June 20th, 2008, 08:08 PM
well yeah! ;) I was thinking boot to ass mark for Richard. LOL :TroutSlap:

hollie
June 21st, 2008, 09:18 AM
I'd mark any of them (not Richard) were or vamp i'm not picky Lusty Drool Smilie

bittenbybooks
June 21st, 2008, 03:06 PM
lol :) I think I might pass on a few of them.

CharmedGirl
June 21st, 2008, 04:18 PM
I'd mark any of them (not Richard) were or vamp i'm not picky Lusty Drool Smilie

I'm glad you put not Richard Hollie. LOL

hollie
June 21st, 2008, 04:20 PM
he might be sexy as hell but i'd just end up slapping him

CharmedGirl
June 21st, 2008, 04:29 PM
Poor Anita she's stuck with Richard for life through the triumvirate of power that she's in with him and JC. Too bad JC's animal to call isn't the leopard cause then the triumvirate could have been Micah, JC and Anita.

CharmedGirl
June 21st, 2008, 04:46 PM
Okay here is some interesting developments on the next Anita Blake book.

http://forum.laurellkhamilton.org/showthread.php?t=30151&page=2 and click on Spoiler!

hollie
June 21st, 2008, 05:03 PM
mmm interesting wonder if Richard is the fix she's talking about?? but i hope after this one she does some at home with the normal crew i miss cookie he hasn't had much chance in the books

CharmedGirl
June 21st, 2008, 08:12 PM
mmm interesting wonder if Richard is the fix she's talking about?? but i hope after this one she does some at home with the normal crew i miss cookie he hasn't had much chance in the books

What I was thinking is that Haven (who Anita calls Cookie) should go to Vegas with Anita as backup and then he could be her Ardeur feeding because Haven was muscle for the Master of Chicago - Auggie so he would be good back-up for Anita. LOL

hollie
June 22nd, 2008, 06:31 AM
that would be good but I keep my fingers crossed

DavidsGirl841444
June 23rd, 2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the site by the way awesome spoiler

CharmedGirl
June 23rd, 2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the site by the way awesome spoiler

Yeah it's a great spoiler. There are so many cool discussions going on over Laurell's message board.

bittenbybooks
June 24th, 2008, 02:16 PM
oh thanks for the spoiler! I am ashamed to say, I haven't even picked up the book off my shelf to read. LOL

CharmedGirl
June 24th, 2008, 03:35 PM
oh thanks for the spoiler! I am ashamed to say, I haven't even picked up the book off my shelf to read. LOL

If you like Jason you're really going to love Blood Noir.

hollie
June 24th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I always liked Jason - I still do but I missed JC in this one more than in OB which untill this book was the one I liked the least

CharmedGirl
June 24th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I love Jason but I just wish the new book coming featured JC, Asher, Micah, Nathaniel and Haven.

I'm still waiting for JC, Asher and Anita to have the talk from when Asher got upset in Danse Macabre!

hollie
June 24th, 2008, 03:49 PM
yeh i forgot about that i need to re-read these books

CharmedGirl
June 24th, 2008, 03:53 PM
yeh i forgot about that i need to re-read these books

I've re-read my Anita books recently but I only read the ones from when Micah came into the story which was Narcissus in Chains but once I've finished all the books in my TBR pile I'm going to start from the beginning. LOL

hollie
June 24th, 2008, 03:57 PM
that was the book that got me started with LKH the beginning is in the Out of This World anthology with JD Robb - and I can't remember who else it's still the best one

CharmedGirl
June 24th, 2008, 04:02 PM
that was the book that got me started with LKH the beginning is in the Out of This World anthology with JD Robb - and I can't remember who else it's still the best one

Susan Krinard and Maggie Shayne are the other authors in that book but I've only read the Anita story out of it. I'll get around to reading the others sometime. LOL

hollie
June 24th, 2008, 04:12 PM
The Maggie Shane on is good it's the last in a set it works by it's self but the 1st 3 are good as well

CharmedGirl
June 24th, 2008, 04:17 PM
The Maggie Shane on is good it's the last in a set it works by it's self but the 1st 3 are good as well

Well I've got the book I'm reading now plus the 6th Kim Harrison book to read and then I'll get around to reading the other stories out of that anthology.

I can't wait to read the Anita series again from the beginning. It's been a while since I read the very first book - Guilty Pleasures.

bittenbybooks
June 24th, 2008, 05:16 PM
I think Jason and Edward followed closely by JC are my favorites in the series.

hollie
June 24th, 2008, 05:28 PM
oh no JC Micah then Asher and Nate

bittenbybooks
June 24th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I think Obsidian Butterfly was my favorite in the series. What about you all?

CharmedGirl
June 24th, 2008, 06:19 PM
oh no JC Micah then Asher and Nate

I have quite a few favourites. Micah, Nathaniel, Haven, Jason, JC, Asher. Not necessarily in that order either. LOL

I think Obsidian Butterfly was my favorite in the series. What about you all?

Narcissus In Chains followed closely by Danse Macabre and The Harlequin.

hollie
June 24th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I agree with bec and in that order

CharmedGirl
June 24th, 2008, 07:54 PM
I agree with bec and in that order

The later Anita books are so much better. I'm checking the LKH boards everyday to see if there are any updates for the next Anita book. It'll be out in bookstores in no time. This year has just gone so quickly!

hollie
June 25th, 2008, 03:27 AM
don't say things like that next thing we know people will start talking about Christmas

bittenbybooks
June 25th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Christmas already? Woohooo!

hollie
June 25th, 2008, 01:56 PM
nooooooooo not till the kids go back to school in september

CharmedGirl
June 25th, 2008, 03:08 PM
don't say things like that next thing we know people will start talking about Christmas

Christmas will be here in no time. Like they say time flies when you're having fun. LOL

hollie
June 25th, 2008, 05:42 PM
just cos you get christmas in summer

CharmedGirl
June 25th, 2008, 05:51 PM
just cos you get christmas in summer

I can't wait until Summer. Then I can go the beach. It's too cold to get into the ocean at the moment. smilies/bump.gif

hollie
June 25th, 2008, 05:58 PM
it's still to cold to go in the sea here

CharmedGirl
June 25th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I know you're a member over at LKH's boards Hollie but I want to know if anyone else is?

Dani
June 25th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Nope, I'm not yet. I'd rather read her books first.

I've started the first Merry book, put it down, picked it back up and put it back down again. It's not that it's not interesting, but i'm just not in the mood to read it now. LOL!

CharmedGirl
June 25th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Nope, I'm not yet. I'd rather read her books first.

I've started the first Merry book, put it down, picked it back up and put it back down again. It's not that it's not interesting, but i'm just not in the mood to read it now. LOL!

I know you're not a member over at LKH's board YET!

I've still have to read book 6 of Kim Harrison's (Rachel Morgan) series but I just can't seem to get into it. LOL

hollie
June 25th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I know you're not a member over at LKH's board YET!

I've still have to read book 6 of Kim Harrison's (Rachel Morgan) series but I just can't seem to get into it. LOL

Ive red 2 and got another 2 but it's finding time to read them these days

CharmedGirl
June 25th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Ive red 2 and got another 2 but it's finding time to read them these days

I'm not real fussed on reading the new Kim Harrison book because of what happened in the book before that is why I'm stalling to read it. LOL

Anyway, I've decided to go back and read the whole Anita Blake series again from book 1 - Guilty Pleasures! :notworthy:

hollie
June 25th, 2008, 06:44 PM
i've lost my book 12 i can't find it anywhere

bittenbybooks
June 25th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I am not a board member. I have been cut off from joining any more groups or forums (by myself lol). I would NEVER get anything done. I do belong to a couple of her clubs on Facebook, but never go by. Maybe I should make a touring schedule up.LOL

CharmedGirl
June 25th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I am not a board member. I have been cut off from joining any more groups or forums (by myself lol). I would NEVER get anything done. I do belong to a couple of her clubs on Facebook, but never go by. Maybe I should make a touring schedule up.LOL

A touring schedule would be a very good idea. I'm only a member on 2 or 3 boards so I don't have to worry about never getting anything done. I do have myspace but I only check once every once in a blue moon. LOL

hollie
June 26th, 2008, 04:16 AM
i like myspace i'm getting quite good at it and Dani sent me chocys the other day:huepfen017: :huepfen017:

CharmedGirl
June 26th, 2008, 06:10 AM
I still haven't posted a message at LKH's myspace about how good Blood Noir was. I better get around to posting that comment. LOL

hollie
June 26th, 2008, 06:23 AM
I think I'll re read that one when i get chance i really wasn'ttaken with it first time

DavidsGirl841444
June 26th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I am not a member either

CharmedGirl
June 26th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I think I'll re read that one when i get chance i really wasn'ttaken with it first time

It took me a while to get into Blood Noir as well. I really enjoyed the book the more I read.

hollie
June 26th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I think i'm sort of against it cos I like JC and it just isn't right without him

CharmedGirl
June 26th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I think i'm sort of against it cos I like JC and it just isn't right without him

Well JC was in it for two good phone conversations. I loved the first phone call! That was so cute. I'm waiting for her to meet Micah's family though and they should take Nathaniel with them. LOL

hollie
June 26th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Well JC was in it for two good phone conversations. I loved the first phone call! That was so cute. I'm waiting for her to meet Micah's family though and they should take Nathaniel with them. LOL

I love them 2 as well they come a very close 2nd after JC

CharmedGirl
June 26th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I love them 2 as well they come a very close 2nd after JC

Micah and Nathaniel would have to be my out right favourites closely followed by JC, Asher, Jason and Haven. I would love to see Haven (Cookie) in the series a lot more. LOL

hollie
June 27th, 2008, 03:47 AM
yeh he seemed really sweet he could make a good bad guy turned good and he could be excellent back-up for Anita

DavidsGirl841444
June 27th, 2008, 11:25 AM
am with you on micah being a close second to JC he my fav

hollie
June 27th, 2008, 12:24 PM
he's just so laid back and passionate at the same time the guy is just ...Lusty Drool Smilie

CharmedGirl
June 27th, 2008, 04:16 PM
yeh he seemed really sweet he could make a good bad guy turned good and he could be excellent back-up for Anita

I loved in Danse Macabre how Anita was staring at Cookie's tattoos and then she says to him -

"Gotta anymore tattoos" and he says "Yeah wanna see"!

If those aren't the exact lines they say something similar. LOL

hollie
June 27th, 2008, 07:05 PM
I like that this big tough were lion has a cookie monster tattoo

CharmedGirl
June 27th, 2008, 11:27 PM
I like that this big tough were lion has a cookie monster tattoo

I'm pretty sure he had other Sesame Street tattoos as well. He might be good muscle but I bet Cookie can be a softy at heart when he wants to be. LOL

hollie
June 28th, 2008, 05:00 AM
yeh you can see that when she's still in the hospital aftre her, JC and Richard nearly die

CharmedGirl
June 28th, 2008, 05:39 AM
yeh you can see that when she's still in the hospital aftre her, JC and Richard nearly die

I love the part in the hospital when Cookie comes to visit her. I love how either Truth or Wicked tells him he's in love with Anita. Coming from one of them it just seems weird cause they are these big bad warriors and they're talking about how a man feels about a woman. Laugh it Up fuzball

hollie
June 28th, 2008, 06:54 AM
yeh she really should give him a chance and get to know him better

CharmedGirl
June 28th, 2008, 07:19 AM
I'm waiting for Anita to give Cookie a chance. Maybe he could fill the void of Richard because Richard hates himself more than he loves anyone else and I think Anita is fed up with Richard and his not excepting his life. She has finally learned to accept hers as JC's human servant. Actually I think Anita rather enjoys being JC's human servant because he doesn't seem to boss her around like a servant. LOL

hollie
June 28th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Richard needs to grow up but I think he will ahve to now and losing Anita's anger will help i hope

CharmedGirl
June 28th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Richard needs to grow up but I think he will ahve to now and losing Anita's anger will help i hope

That anger could come back anytime though. Anita does tend to get angry a lot. I hope Richard does grow up cause JC and Anita could really use his part in the triumvirate when they're in trouble. It's about time Richard helped them for a change like Anita helped him when they were all dying by feeding on the Swan King.

hollie
June 29th, 2008, 06:02 AM
maybe if Richard joined them properly they wouldn't get in as much trouble half the problem is because he wont stand with them and people see that as a weakness

CharmedGirl
June 29th, 2008, 03:12 PM
maybe if Richard joined them properly they wouldn't get in as much trouble half the problem is because he wont stand with them and people see that as a weakness

They would be so powerful that no one would challenge them. Maybe eventually Richard will learn to accept his life and his place in the triumvirate.

hollie
June 29th, 2008, 03:32 PM
that would be good I liked Richard to start with so he has the potentail to be nice

CharmedGirl
June 29th, 2008, 04:05 PM
that would be good I liked Richard to start with so he has the potentail to be nice

Yeah Richard was great at start. It all seemed to go downhill from where Anita slept with JC then Richard came good in Blue Moon and then it all went downhill again in Narcissus in Chains. Richard and Anita were getting along fine, they slept together then she started to feed the ardeur off him and he totally lost it.

hollie
June 29th, 2008, 05:14 PM
when he did his whole " I'm an alpha male and I'm to good for this " arogent prat bit

CharmedGirl
June 29th, 2008, 06:03 PM
when he did his whole " I'm an alpha male and I'm to good for this " arogent prat bit

Richard is always showing that whole 'I'm an alpha male and I'm too good for this' lately. In my opinion, I think he needs to tone it down a bit but still be able to prove he can run the pack.

AussieHeMan
June 29th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I've just recently finished the first book. Too bad Anita isn't a bit more like Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

CharmedGirl
June 30th, 2008, 02:52 AM
Hmmm if Anita was more like Buffy then JC better watch his back. I don't think Anita will ever be like Buffy and JC is definitely no angel. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
June 30th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Have to agree with you there but it would have been cool if she were a teensy weensy bit like her. JC no Angel but that is what makes him so hot as well.

hollie
June 30th, 2008, 09:24 AM
JC might be no angel but he'd make a good Spike

CharmedGirl
June 30th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I've read the first three books again. I want the series to get back to her working with the Dolph and Zebrowski. The last two or three books have had no police work. I want to see if her and Dolph can get their friendship repaired.

hollie
June 30th, 2008, 03:51 PM
that would be nice but i don't think he will ever forgive her

CharmedGirl
June 30th, 2008, 05:29 PM
that would be nice but i don't think he will ever forgive her

But Dolph is not necessarily mad at Anita. He's mad that his son fell in love with a vampire and there is nothing he can do about it so he has to take his rage out on someone else.

hollie
June 30th, 2008, 05:35 PM
yeh buut Anita is like the daughter he never had so he won't forgive her for tying herself to JC

CharmedGirl
June 30th, 2008, 09:58 PM
yeh buut Anita is like the daughter he never had so he won't forgive her for tying herself to JC

Well Dolph doesn't know how tied she is to JC now does he? LOL

Imagine if he knew for sure that she was the human servant of JC. The words would definitely fly then and watch out anyone who stands between them when that happens. smilies/1poke.gif

hollie
July 1st, 2008, 11:34 AM
Well Dolph doesn't know how tied she is to JC now does he? LOL

good point

Imagine if he knew for sure that she was the human servant of JC. The words would definitely fly then and watch out anyone who stands between them when that happens. smilies/1poke.gif

but it could lead to an interesting few scenes

CharmedGirl
July 1st, 2008, 03:39 PM
but it could lead to an interesting few scenes

A lot of people know she is the human servant for JC but Dolph still doesn't know completely. He suspects she is or has hinted in The Harlequin. Imagine if Dolph found out that Richard was a werewolf as well. That could be bad because Dolph was happy that she was at least one human.

hollie
July 1st, 2008, 05:54 PM
fire works from all sides cos he would out Richard so he loses his job. but at least then Richard would have no reason to hide and might actually get on with life

CharmedGirl
July 2nd, 2008, 03:54 PM
fire works from all sides cos he would out Richard so he loses his job. but at least then Richard would have no reason to hide and might actually get on with life

I think Richard being outed as a lycanthrope would be a good thing for him. It would help him accept the life he's been handed!smilies/bump.gif

hollie
July 3rd, 2008, 09:23 AM
yes i've thought that a few times it would make him face his life at the moment he's hiding behind being a teacher

CharmedGirl
July 4th, 2008, 05:28 AM
yes i've thought that a few times it would make him face his life at the moment he's hiding behind being a teacher

He likes being a school teacher though and maybe sooner rather than later lycanthropes will have rights when it comes to keeping their jobs just because they change into an animal once a month.