PDA

View Full Version : It's been awhile...

CarolStout
September 4th, 2007, 04:54 PM
So I am virtually new I guess. I just have been so blessedly busy and dealing with the bad luck of crashing computers. I am now on a loaner. Anyway my name is Carol. I am writing under the pen name of Keandra Kai. No I am not published yet but I intend to soon. I have so many WIPs it is not even funny but right now my heart is set on a scorcher tentatively titled Inspired By Fire. It's my pride and joy right now especially since I have a very good muse who is very much real flesh and blood and inspiring. The story itself is inspired by him, inspired by fire and I can't wait to share it with the world. Currently I have almost 4 chapters of it done.

As for me, I am a mommy to 2 great boys and I have been married for 13 years. I am currently in a multitude of Yahoo groups, own my own writers group called Pleasure Palace Writers geared towards allowing the erotic writer free reign and a sounding board for anything under the sun within reason. I don't aim to get booted off the net by Yahoo! I also review books for both Romance Junkies and Love Romances and More. I enjoy reviewing not just for the fact that they give me the books for free but that I have come to know so many great authors over there years. Some have become personal friends. I get to see what sells. I get to see just how creative the writers are today. And then there's nothing like sharing with the world something you read that was just totally wonderful. I very rarely meet up with a batch of stories I don't like. I have passed up maybe 2 because of that and maybe passed up 3 because they were so hot I was too speechless and didn't know what to write about them.

Anyhow, I have a busy evening planned so I better close here for now. If anybody would like to chat I am on Yahoo @ sgt_stouts_wife and I also have a myspace site with that ID. Have a great day/evening all!

Carol

Karenne
September 4th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Carol...welcome back

I am so glad you were able to borrow someone's computer (that was super nice of them) and come back and visit us!DiscoDancingCarrots

CarolStout
September 5th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Well it just happens to be my stepdad's old computer even though it's newer than my one that crashed. He bought himself a fancy laptop since they're back and forth to the Philippines. God forbid this one crashes. I have the God's honest truth curse whenever I am getting behind on my reviews or working on a new WIP my computer crashes. I have gotten myself one of those thumb sized flash drive things to start saving work on them now. Good thing because my husband who I love but deep down despise for his lack of enthusiasm for me being a writer, he has a tendancy to "accidentally" delete something he didn't know was important or something of mine. Long story there but anyway. Does things makes me wanna go :gun_bandana: you know???
Carol

Carol...welcome back

I am so glad you were able to borrow someone's computer (that was super nice of them) and come back and visit us!DiscoDancingCarrots

Will_Belegon
September 5th, 2007, 02:39 AM
I have the God's honest truth curse whenever I am getting behind on my reviews or working on a new WIP my computer crashes. I have gotten myself one of those thumb sized flash drive things to start saving work on them now.
Carol

I understand this too well... I'm gonna buy one of those portable hard drives just to use as a backup, I swear. And I've been doing the flash drive thing with WIP's, as well as the "email to myself" on a web-based mail server, for awhile now...

Dani
September 11th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Welcome Carol!

Hope you enjoy yourself here and I also wish you the best in getting published.

carolsuz
September 13th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Welcome back Carol! I look forward to the day I get to read your book.

Anna Fallon
September 19th, 2007, 09:53 PM
nice to see you back Carol, and let's hope all goes well with the computers from now on. Best of luck with your writing journey, stick with it and you shall prevail.

Anna