PDA

View Full Version : Christine Feehan

HeartFelt Promos
August 14th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Christine Feehan
http://www.christinefeehan.com/

Welcome to the home of the Carpathians. The extraordinary nature of these men and women make it a pleasure for this writer to revisit their land again and again in my novels. The Carpathians fire my imagination! Their stories allow me to explore everything from shapeshifting, to wild, exotic and dangerous animals, to the nature of true love (and passion). I hope you enjoy the Carpathians and their Dark Series as much as I!!

DARK PRINCE
DARK DESIRE
DARK GOLD
DARK MAGIC
DARK CHALLENGE
DARK FIRE
AFTER TWILIGHT (Dark Dream)
DARK LEGEND
DARK GUARDIAN
DARK SYMPHONY
THE ONLY ONE (Dark Descent)
DARK MELODY
DARK DESTINY
HOT BLOODED (Dark Hunger)
DARK SECRET
DARK DEMON
DARK CELEBRATION

Regina
September 9th, 2006, 02:29 PM
These books are fabulous! Still have to get Dark Celebration, but I'm hearing good things about it, supposedly everyone is in that book and lots of set up for new stories. I can't wait!

Karenne
September 11th, 2006, 02:50 PM
I agree! These my fall back books...you know the ones you want to read when you need something to drown yourself in and just don't like what you see at the store or don't want to touch something new? I call them my 'comfort books' And Christine Feehan is the nicest lady! THAT is important!

Regina
September 12th, 2006, 05:27 PM
That is so funny! They are my "fall back" books too! I've read my way through the entire series several times now. I go back and start with the first book and work my way through the shelf. Yes, I have a special shelf for them! LOL

Niftybergin
October 6th, 2006, 03:33 PM
I wish I could like these books better -- because I DO like paranormal romances -- but I just can't get into them. When I discovered the first one, I was thrilled, and quickly went out and glommed the rest of the series. Perhaps that was my mistake: reading too many of them, back to back. I always like the first half of each book, but the moment the H/H start having sex, my interest dies. Why? Because from that moment on the books have a startling similarity. The guys are all chest-thumping, "You are my lifemate!" and the women are all, "You can't tell me what to do!" and I just totally lose interest.

Regina
October 6th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Have you read some of the more recent ones like Dark Demon, that's got an ass-kicking heroine in it, and she doesn't take any crap from her lifemate, let me tell you! Same thing with the short story Dark Hunger in Hot Blooded, Juliette is a jaguar shape shifter, and while Rafael tries like hell to dominate her, he doesn't really get the job done. Some of the clashes between the main characters in these two stories are hillarious!

You might want to check some of the later ones in the series out, you may find yourself pleasantly surprised. :-)

Regina

Niftybergin
October 6th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Have you read some of the more recent ones like Dark Demon, that's got an ass-kicking heroine in it, and she doesn't take any crap from her lifemate, let me tell you!

I did try Dark Demon. I was attracted to the idea of an ass-kicking heroine, so I even broke down and shelled out the "big bucks" for that new paperback size. (Shudder!) But the book just didn't do it for me. I've tried a couple of her Drake Sister books, but haven't finished either one of them. I do remember reading one of her Jaguar books -- Wild Rain? -- and I thought it was okay, but it didn't linger in my memory. It's not that I think CF is a bad writer -- I think she's a good writer. But her stories just don't work for me, and that's okay. I'm sure there are lots of writers and books I like that other people don't enjoy. Thank goodness there's so much variety in the genre!

(And I'm still interested in the Dark series characters. I found that I respond to her stories better when they're short...like the short stories included in anthologies. For whatever reason, those maintain my interest the way the longer stories do not. I work for a bookstore that allows employees to "borrow" hardback books, so I think I'll borrow Dark Celebration just so I can check in with the characters.)

Regina
October 6th, 2006, 04:56 PM
The only ones that she's written that were harder for me to get into were the two historicals The Scarletti Curse, and The Lion's Lair. Not that they weren't good stories, I just didn't get as into them as her Dark series.

If you like the shorter stories you will probably like Dark Celebration. I enjoyed it immensely! It is really a series of stories that thread together to make the book, and she alludes to a couple of new sets of lifemates. Let me know what you think of it when you're done reading it. :-)

Regina

Karenne
October 8th, 2006, 11:42 PM
I am (or was) a die hard 'bye it the second it came to the store' Christine Feehan person. But ....not anymore.

I think that her writing is starting to change or something. I just got the Christmas book....Dark Celebration...and I (the person who would growl at anyone the first 24 hours I had a new Dark book) have set it down and actually read 2 more books. It is heart breaking because I like the characters...I just think it has...(how do I say this nicely) gone on to long...

Yes, I am scum (hanging head in shame)

Niftybergin
October 9th, 2006, 09:05 AM
I just think it has...(how do I say this nicely) gone on to long...

I'm one of those people who thinks that series do better when they have a beginning...and an end. If I fall in love with the characters, it's hard to let them go, definitely. But generally speaking the series is stronger for having a plan. When the series just lingers on indefinitely, I think it loses some of its juice. It's too easy for things to go off-track, or for the passion and interest to fade. And I think it can be hard on readers who begin to feel that they're not being swept along so much as they're being strung along.

Karenne
October 9th, 2006, 10:18 PM
NIfty..I think you and I were seperated at birth!:tt1:

Illyria
June 2nd, 2007, 12:29 PM
Can't wait to read the next one. .. Dark Possession.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51wgrFmLJ2L._AA240_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/0425217094/sr=1-1/qid=1180801699/ref=dp_image_0/105-9859927-4162858?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books&qid=1180801699&sr=1-1)

Book Description
A Carpathian event-the new hardcover from the phenomenal New York Times bestselling author.

Christine Feehan returns to the sensual Carpathian world that has earned her a reputation as "the queen of paranormal romance" (USA Today) in a new novel of true love and the unnatural forces that could destroy it.

Dangerously close to becoming a vampire, Manolito De La Cruz has been called back to his Carpathian homeland-and has unexpectedly caught the scent of his destined lifemate, MaryAnn Delaney. MaryAnn is human and well aware of the aggressive instincts of Carpathian males. A counselor for battered women, MaryAnn has no room in her life for someone like Manolito. But when she goes to South America to offer guidance to a young woman, she has no idea of the trap awaiting her. For she's been lured there by Manolito, who has seductive plans for the irresistible human female.
Once there, she'll be his. Once his, she'll never be released. She is his dark possession.

August 28 can't come fast enough for me.:lol:

melanie1962
June 9th, 2007, 08:31 PM
I just love her books. To me she is one of my favorite authors

Regina
June 10th, 2007, 07:45 PM
I love her! I can't wait for this new dark book. I've been reading her psychic soldier series when I have time and I love them! I got lucky about found the latest second hand for $2 in mint condition, so how cool is that? LOL

Regina

Lainey
June 10th, 2007, 07:54 PM
I CANNOT WAIT TO GET THE NEXT BOOK I NOW GET THEM IN HARDBACK FIRST since I cannot wait like I did with Dark Celebration ... haha Karenne remembers that one ... in fact thanks to Christine Feehan I am here. I love all her series actually and want every book of course too.

Lainey

Illyria
June 23rd, 2007, 10:50 PM
I CANNOT WAIT TO GET THE NEXT BOOK I NOW GET THEM IN HARDBACK FIRST since I cannot wait like I did with Dark Celebration ... haha Karenne remembers that one ... in fact thanks to Christine Feehan I am here. I love all her series actually and want every book of course too.

Lainey

Me too. I am so not waiting unti it becomes available on paperbook. heck no. i am so going to be getting this book on its release day and be the first one at the door of the bookstore. i feel bad for the person who to stands in between me and the new dark possession book :lol:

orangeengr85
August 10th, 2007, 11:59 AM
i just finished reading Safe Harbor. I was so excited that Hannah and Jones finally gave in to each other. I have enjoyed all of the drake sister's novels.

i read some of the Dark series, but never got into it. i have a similar problem as another poster on here...i like about the first half of the book, but then the plot drops off and all of them seem the same for the second half.

dahlia robertson
August 10th, 2007, 12:52 PM
I'm a huge fan too, but I was a little disappointed in Dark Celebration. I'll definately buy her next novel. I can think of a few other series that I've gotten tired of, but I still buy them to see if the author recaptures some of what caught my interest in the first place. Dahlia

dreamer61278
August 10th, 2007, 03:32 PM
I have read just about everything she has wrote and liked the books .. cant wait for the next one .
________
Volcano Vaporizer Review (http://vaporizers.tv/)

Karenne
August 10th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I love the Dark Series and I really really love the Drake sister series. I have Safe harbor in my TBR pile! sigh....I can't find enough time to read everything..sheesh!:nah:

orangeengr85
August 10th, 2007, 04:44 PM
what you can't just sit around and read every book in your tbr pile? karenne, i'm disapponted...j/k. seriously though, you should move Safe Harbor higher up on the pile, i enjoyed it very much. the plot was maybe a little lighter than some of the earlier ones, but there was a lot of character development on the part of hannah and jonas.

Karenne
August 10th, 2007, 05:16 PM
I will! Thanks!:tt1:

dreamer61278
August 16th, 2007, 06:21 PM
any if those books are AWESOME:swoon:
________
Glass bubblers (http://bubblers.net/)

Diana Castilleja
August 16th, 2007, 06:27 PM
I do a deal with my friend. She's in charge of the Sisters, and I'm in charge of the Dark series. I can't wait for Possession to come out. Did you guys see the book trailer for it? It's totally cool, and they got a good visual on who I would see as MaryAnn.

TJ Michaels
August 16th, 2007, 07:26 PM
I absolutely LOVE Christine Feehan and Sherilyn Kenyon's books. And I received the biggest compliment comparing my books and the Feehan/ Kenyon phenomenon. Squeee!:swoon:

~ROR Recommended Read~
"CARINIAN'S SEEKER is the first book in a new Vampire Council of Ethics series and should not be missed! It contains all of the elements for a great paranormal/vampire romance with suspense. The author is extremely talented and has created an exciting new paranormal world that grabs the reader and won't let go!

The story line and plot are tight, the characters are well-rounded and engaging, and the book is skillfully written. The sexual tension between the Carin and Bix sizzles but the sex is flat out scorching!

This book is a MUST READ for paranormal/vampire romance lovers! I would recommend this book to people who enjoy Sherrilyn Kenyon and Christine Feehan. This is definitely an author and a series to watch!"

Reviewed by Angela
http://www.ror-reviews.com/cariniansseeker.html

Regina
August 29th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Oh, I know I totally can't wait. Just realized it came out yesterday and I'm cashless until Friday, darn it! LOL Oh, well I' may just order it from Amazon as that's how I got Dark Celebration and I didn't have to pay as much for it that way.

Regina

Regina
August 29th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Hey Karenne,

If you still haven't read Safe Harbor, you gotta! It is sooooooo good! I finished it in nearly one sitting, yeah I know I'm bad. Should've been writing, but just couldn't put it down. LOL

Regina

dahlia robertson
August 29th, 2007, 04:11 PM
O/K I have her latest in my hot little hands, hard cover no less. Is it any wonder I'm not a millionaire. I spend all my money on books. I'm going to read it over the weekend, if not my husband and kids will stave or I'll be grumpy tomorrow. What the heck I'm reading this tonight, I'm too old for defered gratification Dahlia:lol:

DavidsGirl841444
October 13th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Whoa I ahven't even started got alot of catching up to do with all of you this series sounds absolutly marvelous and fine.

mskendra
October 14th, 2007, 01:24 AM
Is this just Carpathians? I love the GhostWalkers. I pick them up without batting even reading the back. I love soldiers!!!:swoon:

DavidsGirl841444
October 14th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Ohh a soldiers lover and I think it is but he writes otehr that Iknow are good as well I heard from a cousin. But Carpathians hotter then hot. How they all realte to one another I have no idea.

CharmedGirl
November 4th, 2007, 09:31 PM
I saw Christine Feehan's books at the bookstore the other day and I'm going to get around to buying them sooner or later because they sounded really good. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
November 6th, 2007, 10:38 AM
They do sound great and came out with a manga about them. But have to get a few others before that one.

CharmedGirl
November 6th, 2007, 08:13 PM
There a few other books I want to get before I read Christine Feehan's series as well. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
November 7th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah plus there are so many of them I am like head spinning.

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Well I think the head spinning is going to continue DG with so many great books coming out over the next several months. Can't wait for new books in some series to come out. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
November 11th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Me too!!!!

Teresa D'Amario
January 8th, 2008, 09:46 PM
My favorite is Dark challenge, but I loved the Scarletti curse too.

Then comes the Drake Sisters. I had a little trouble at first with them, but Safe Haven was AWESOME!!! :notworthy:

CF is the reason I became an author you know - her books were so inspiring to someone with a story ot tell!

DavidsGirl841444
January 9th, 2008, 09:36 AM
That must be wonderful to hear from another author they are the reason to you thought to write.

Teresa D'Amario
January 9th, 2008, 11:48 AM
I actually told her once, when I ran into her in chat, but at that time I wasn't published so it probably didn't mean as much as it would now. :)

She was very gracious and pleased. She's a wonderful woman if her chatting is anything to go by.

Hippy

DavidsGirl841444
January 10th, 2008, 11:58 AM
That is nce to hear that she is a nice woman. I like to think all authors are like that.