PDA

View Full Version : Sad News

Liadan
September 6th, 2007, 10:13 AM
End of An Order will not be published in October.

Thanks to everyone who supported this book and I apologize to those of you who did wish to read it.

Perhaps at a later date I'll try again.

Regards,

Liadan

Karenne
September 6th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Don't give up! We will be your own cheerleading squad while you look for another publisherCheerleader

You can write! You know you can! Don't let this discourage you!

HugMe

Liadan
September 6th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Thank you Karenne.

I'm still not sure what is going to happen with this story, but I'll submit to another publisher and hope that they like the book.

I'll do my best to keep my chin up, but today really has not been my day.

jennzilla
September 6th, 2007, 07:35 PM
That sux butt muffins! I'm so sorry, Liaden. I know it sounds trite, but it's usually true that when a door closes a much nicer window opens. So, go ahead and submit it somewhere else. because the hardest part's over. You know what I mean, the dreaded sucksnotsys.
:arghhhh:
Big hugs to you in the meantime, though.

Liadan
September 6th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks Jenn! You're right though, a new door or window will open for me. I just need to have faith in myself and in my work.

As for the sucksnotsys, I was never asked for one. I simply chatted with the publisher via email and IM about the book.

Linda L Lattimer
September 6th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Liadan, yes we are here cheering you on and will be supporting you all the way. You are right another door will open and it will be fantastic

Liadan
September 6th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Thank you Linda. I really, really appreciate the support. Just knowing that so many people are out there that truly believe in the story makes me want to go on and try again.

Savannah Chase
September 7th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Ohh I am so sorry to hear, I hope that the book finds a new home and it all turns out well

rgraham666
September 7th, 2007, 09:03 AM
HugMe Liadan.

Don't despair. I'm sure another opportunity will present itself.

Liadan
September 7th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Thank you all for your words of encouragement. It means a great deal to me.

I'm sending out the synopsis and the first three chapters to a publisher tomorrow. Hopefully within a few weeks I'll have news, be it good or bad.

Karenne
September 7th, 2007, 11:45 PM
I am crossing my fingers!Bunny

Linda L Lattimer
September 8th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Liadan, I am keeping my fingers crossed

Karenne
September 13th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Have you submitted your book somewhere else? Have you heard anything? Am I to early?Bunny

Liadan
September 13th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Yes, I have submitted my story elsewhere. No, I have not heard anything back from the publisher as of yet. No, you are not too early. I'm acutally thinking I won't be hearing from them anytime soon. I can only hope and pray for the best.

My short story was submitted as well, that is why it wasn't posted as a free read on my site. No, haven't heard from them either, but I can be patient.

Karenne
September 13th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Wonderful! Thanks and keep me appraised.

Cause I want to know (wink)Hippy

Liadan
September 13th, 2007, 07:45 PM
I promise I'll post here as soon as I know something. Unless I turn into evil Lia and keep the news to myself.:devil:

Nicole Gestalt
September 13th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Sorry to hear about the book not being published but as others have said when one door closes another window/floor/door tends to open :) Good luck with the new submission!

Yes waiting can be a pain but at least the work is out there and that's always a good thing.

Good luck! :clover:

Liadan
September 13th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Thank you Nicole. I can honestly say that without the support I've received from my families, both kin and Coffee Time, I would most likely have given up all hope.

I am humbled by the support I have received from everyone and I thank each and every one of you for the bottom of my heart.

Linda L Lattimer
September 15th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Liadan you were on my mind. I wondered, too, had you heard anything. I hate waiting myself. I have two sent off that they wanted to read the whole book, but it has been awhile and I am trying not to think about it

Linda, who is keeping her fingers crossed for you

Liadan
September 15th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks Linda! I've got mine crossed for you as well.

I have begun to compare waiting to hear from publishers to when my first son was born, only he didn't take this long. The feeling is still the same though, the wait is nearly unbearable and Jordan only took 8 hours to arrive.

Linda L Lattimer
September 15th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Oh yes, I know the feeling. I forgot to tell you after I read the chapter for Running Shadow, you really have me hooked, anxiously waiting for more...

Linda

Liadan
September 15th, 2007, 02:49 PM
The second chapter should be up tonight or tomorrow depending on my schedule.

I am happy to know you enjoyed the first chapter and will do my best to keep you hooked.;)

gincat61
September 15th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Yes, it's VERY true that when one door closes, another door opens. And not only will another door open, but people who are a better fit for you will be there waiting for you. When you get there, you won't believe your good luck in finding those people/company. Mark my words, Liadan. If time proves me a liar on this, then the coffee gift card is on me (and I don't make a wager unless I know I'm betting on a sure horse)! Stay on that horse and ride, Honey.

Liadan
September 18th, 2007, 10:28 PM
I'm still riding! Thank you for your words Gincat. You are so very right and I could not have said it better myself.

Cross your fingers for me folks, Beau's story has gained interest with another publisher. They have asked for the full manuscript. :cowboy: YEEHAW!!!!!

Anna Fallon
September 21st, 2007, 03:12 AM
You go Girlfriend!

You'll get it published you just wait and see. And when you do, we'll all be waiitng to buy it.

Anna

Liadan
September 21st, 2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks Anna! I'm still plugging away and keeping the faith.

Dani
September 21st, 2007, 07:33 PM
I'm crossing my fingers, toes and everything else I can cross for you Liadan!! I hope everything turns out for the best. :yes:

I hope to hear some good news the next time you post!! :biggrin: