PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here a breeder?

Jennifer
September 8th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Does anyone here breed cats or dogs? Or any other animals? How do you like it? Do you belong to any organizations and show your pets?

Karenne
September 8th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Well I am not a breeder, but I do help kids with showing their animals....farm animals. We do it at the fair every year!Cheerleader

Jennifer
September 9th, 2007, 08:18 PM
That has to be tons of fun! I am actually a new breeder of Persians and Himalayans and am going to be showing eventually. I love animals.

maura
September 24th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Does anyone here breed cats or dogs? Or any other animals? How do you like it? Do you belong to any organizations and show your pets?

Although I have lots of friends who breed them(and keep me in dogs), I only show them in obedience. I am a member of the Riverhead Kennel Club.

HywelaLyn
June 23rd, 2010, 04:36 PM
I bred four foals from the first mare I ever owned, and broke two of them in myself. It's wonderful to breed a foal, and very rewarding, but a lot of work, and you have to have the land and facilities, or live near them. Saddly I'm no longer in that position, but it was a great experience.

Danny's Baby
February 24th, 2012, 03:09 PM
I am a border collie breeeder. I have loved the breed since I was a teenager. I love watching the puppies grow. Once I find a home for the pups I always tell their new parents that if they can no longer keep the pup that I would be more than happy to take it back, so I know its not in a shelter somewhere. Luckily, I've never had a problem like that. My puppies have always gone to loving family farms.