PDA

View Full Version : Charlaine Harris

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

HeartFelt Promos
August 14th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Charlaine Harris
http://www.charlaineharris.com/

New and Upcoming Releases:

2006 DEFINITELY DEAD (Sookie Stackhouse)

Sept. 26, 2006 GRAVE SURPRISE (Harper Connelly)

Oct. 2006 MY BIG FAT SUPERNATURAL WEDDING (short story set in Rhodes)

May 2007 ALL TOGETHER DEAD (Sookie Stackhouse)

Also in 2007: MANY BLOODY RETURNS, an anthology edited by Charlaine and Toni Kelner, and containing a Sookie story

jennzilla
November 5th, 2006, 02:38 AM
Bet ya'll didn't know there was a North Louisiana, huh? :) Well, geographically speaking there had to be one for there to be a South Louisiana, but Literally Speaking, most authors stick to good ole N'awlins for their vamp lairs.
Heck, even I, living in N.E. La, wrote on a fanfic and put my characters right outside New Orleans. But, that was simply for convenience sake. Sherri's DH's were there, after all.
But, Charlaine Harris has gone where NO author has gone before..
Farmerville , Shreveport? Where are these places, yall ask? As well you should. If you've read her books, they seem vaguely familiar to you, and that's the ONLY reason LOL. Otherwise.. :sleeping: nada happens in Farmerville aka Funkyville.
I actually lived 14 miles from Farmerville for most of my adult life, I live about 40 miles from there now. I will tell you that it thrilled my lil redneck soul to have my old haunts named by an author.
Do Sookie and Co actually live in and around the area? Well, yall come on down and check us out, we're all real friendly, if you discount the vamps, weres and witches that abound in Ms. Harris' books. She's taken a sometimes tired genre and pumped it with 'new' blood, if you'll pardon the pun.
Southern Fried, with a side of grits and gravy, and full of fun, I love the Dead series, but, my favorite vamp of all time? Well, I wouldn't be a southern girl worth her salt if I didn't say it was.. Elvi.. er.. I mean.. Bubba. (psst, really its Eric, but don't tell Bubba, I don't wanna hurt his feelings);)

Karenne
November 5th, 2006, 09:20 PM
oh oh oh !!! Did you know that they are making her books into HBO movies? Oh yeah! Yummy! I hope that means there will be more of her books (crosses my fingers and toes) I would hate to lose this series.

I love reading her books because I never know what is going to happen! I just love that!

By the way...gooooo ERIC!:ph34r:

jennzilla
November 5th, 2006, 09:33 PM
oh oh oh !!! Did you know that they are making her books into HBO movies? By the way...gooooo ERIC!:ph34r:

:wacko: You are joking!! I didn't know this! Wow! I'm goin to Google this right now, You are so so smart Karenne, I knew I loved you for more than your good looks. :winkiss:

Karenne
November 12th, 2006, 01:41 AM
snort...you like my shoes...:rolleyes:

jennzilla
November 12th, 2006, 01:48 AM
You wear shoes? Ooh .. I'm disappointed!!
My next book was gonna have a heroine named Karenne and I was gonna call it, Barefoot in the Boxcar.. sighs.. back to the drawin board, dangit!! Heroine! Put your shoes back on.. *whispers* Thank God! Her feet stank so bad, :pinch: you know, come to think of it, she sorta looked a little like Brittany Spears, another fine product of Louisisana:turned: ok, I just threw up in my mouth..

BTW: I looked that up about Charlaine, not that I don't believe you or nothing, just that I'm like nosy and some junk, and her book is being made into a pilot series on HBO by the peeps that did 6 Feet Under!! Whooot

:)

Karenne
November 12th, 2006, 01:58 AM
(Slaps Jenn) that is for the feet thing. I get a pedicure at least once a month...I like clean and pretty feet. So does my hubby (evil grin)

as for the Charlaine Harris thing.....told ya told ya told ya

jennzilla
November 26th, 2006, 04:49 AM
[QUOTE=Karenne;1775I like clean and pretty feet. So does my hubby (evil grin)[/QUOTE]

You have just invaded my safe and happy place with that there comment.. :censored: Gaack!!

Ok, I've read the Charlaine would allow HUGH JACKMAN *swoons* to play any role he'd like in her book to tv series.. Now THAT is the sign of a true genius.
Unlike me, who is an evil genius and would like him to play in her home office.. chained to the wall.. nekkid. *coughs* :euro:

Karenne
December 3rd, 2006, 03:38 AM
snicker...my life's goal is to be a plague on YOUUUUUU! :santa:

jennzilla
December 3rd, 2006, 05:31 AM
You have met your goal.. pffth!

Karenne
December 3rd, 2006, 10:27 PM
WOOHOO! (doing the snoopy dance) My life is complete ...my life is complete:tt2:

Illyria
June 2nd, 2007, 12:26 PM
Charlaine Harris
http://www.charlaineharris.com/

New and Upcoming Releases:

Also in 2007: MANY BLOODY RETURNS, an anthology edited by Charlaine and Toni Kelner, and containing a Sookie story

Okay I am soo looking forward to this one. :lol:

Illyria
June 23rd, 2007, 10:52 PM
i actually attending one Charlaine's chats and won an autographed book of hers. she's mailing out to me on Monday. :swoon: I don't know which book it is, but don't really care cause all her books are amazing. :lol:

Dani
June 23rd, 2007, 11:58 PM
The Sookie story has Eric in it and it's about Dracula's birthday. This is what it said on Amazon.com about it:

Charlaine Harris's "Dracula Night," Sookie Stackhouse is the only human at the annual commemoration of Dracula's birth. But this year, the Prince of Darkness actually shows up-and finds Sookie to be a tasty-looking present.

When it was posted on her boards we all went nuts. We're all looking forward to its release on September 4, 2007.

Dang Illyria, you've just got to be the luckest woman in the world this month.

And just for everyones FYI Charlaine will sign bookplates if you send it to her in a SASE with the proper postage to mail it back to you after she signs it. This is the message she sent out on her boards to someone who wanted something signed by her:

You can send a bookplate to me if you want, and I'll be glad to sign it and return it if you enclose a self-addressed stamped enveloped. My business address is Box 354, Magnolia, AR 71754.
Charlaine Harris

She's a great lady and she always looks at her boards and replies when she sees something that she needs to comment about. Enjoy the info everyone.

Illyria
June 24th, 2007, 11:36 AM
wow!! thanks for posting this info, Irish!! :notworthy:

Dani
June 24th, 2007, 06:45 PM
No problem! If you want anymore info you can go to her site and check out by lurking or joining the boards. There are many threads to look over and she has a forum for each of her main characters along with other topics. Here's the site address again for anyone that needs it. Everyone is really nice there and are just as fun as we are here. http://www.charlaineharris.com (http://www.charlaineharris.com)

Illyria
June 24th, 2007, 08:28 PM
thanks! i will

Dani
June 25th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Please do. New people are always welcome. Charlaine loves to hear from her fans.

DavidsGirl841444
July 18th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Whoa you guys are here to. I love her books but more a Bill lover then Eric he is a self absorbed vamp, I hate those. But cute billyummyyummy.

Karenne
July 18th, 2007, 05:04 PM
We are everywhere....ooooooo (spooky sound):flowers:

Dani
July 18th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Sweetie...Eric may be self absorbed sometimes, but he's showing more compassion for Sookie! I have to say that I'm a Bill fan myself, but I like Eric as well. I really liked him when he was under the spell. He was so loving to Sookie. If you go to her boards, you'll see a lot of craziness. There's a Bill lovers only thread, an Eric lovers page, one for Quinn and one for Alcide. It's fun, but (and don't tell anyone there) I like it here better. :lol:

Karenne
July 19th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I am an Eric fan. I am in complete agreement with Dani on this one. Eric takes care of her even when she is not 'giving it up'

Remember when she needed that road resurfaced and leveled but she couldn't afford it? He did it because he was actually listening to her.

Now..he wants her also..but he also (in his own Eric way) cares for her and wants her happy. snicker..even if he doesn't like it.

Bill is busy thinking about himself...with Sookie as a 'oh yeah' thought.:censored:

Dani
July 20th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Eric still thinks about himself too, Karenne. He's just more aware of Sookie than Bill is. Bill, at the time, was very involved in his program, but before Sookie was the only thing he thought about. I said on Charlaine's site that Bill may have been sent there to find out about her and seduce her if necessary, but he didn't plan on falling in love with her at all. That was the kicker for him, was just how much and how fast he fell in love with her.

The point that got me was when Bill was making arrangements for Sookie to be taken care of when he went back to Lorena. He didn't think about her needs before, but he took care of the Bellefleurs and he hated the Bellefleurs (before he found they were family that is).

Eric did all the good things for her when he didn't have to. And made sure she was taken care of at all times even when she didn't realize it. Eric can't even control his feelings for her. Case in point, when Pam comes to Sookie and asks her to have mercy on her master (page 90 in ATD). On page 91, Pam says, "He's never been so entangled in his emotions. He's never been at such a disadvantage." That tells you right there how much he feels for Sookie.

Okay, I made my point for Eric for the night. :biggrin: Like I said, I like both vamps. They each have great qualities about them. I just still feel for Bill because I loved him first. :wub:

Karenne
July 21st, 2007, 02:01 PM
nods...and I agree with you 100% on that one Dani.

Scary how much we are alike (wink)

Dani
July 21st, 2007, 11:56 PM
Yes, we do think alike! Glad you liked it Karenne. My one passionate plea for Eric, but I stood up for my Bill too! Lately Charlaine's been showing more Eric though, so I'm wondering what she has up her sleeves. :lol:

Karenne
July 22nd, 2007, 01:45 AM
I know...I loved this last book..it was great. Took some twists and turns and was a real page turner. I hate having to wait a year for her next book.

Yes, I am selfish..and pushy.

(hands on hips) what is your point?::)

Dani
July 22nd, 2007, 01:58 AM
Okay Karenne, go to post #14 and you will see what I posted previously about Many Bloody Returns. What I didn't mention was that this has ERIC in it. :hellobaby: Hopefully this little fix will help until the new Sookie book comes out!:whoohoo:

Karenne
July 22nd, 2007, 02:00 AM
oh oh! Thank you!

So...I may have missed it..what is the name of the book? It is an anthology?

Yes, I am very excited...sigh Eric (drool):wub:

Dani
July 22nd, 2007, 02:13 AM
Yes, it's an anthology. It's going to be about birthdays. I so can't wait for this one either. Many Bloody Returns is the name and the cover art is done by the same person that does Charlaine's book covers (for Sookie books that is). Here is the cover. Isn't it great? :biggrin:

http://www.charlaineharris.com/covers/manybloody.jpg

Karenne
July 22nd, 2007, 08:01 PM
ohhh..thank you! I love that book cover!:flowers:

Dani
July 22nd, 2007, 10:45 PM
Yeah, it's great. A few of the Bill haters said it looked like him and were (I do believe) glad to see him on fire. :nah: I just didn't see it that way though.

Karenne
July 22nd, 2007, 10:59 PM
lol I didn't see that! But now I am laughing..thank you for that...snicker..Bill on fire

sigh..made my whole day.::)

Dani
July 22nd, 2007, 11:30 PM
Okay, I know that Bill did some things that we didn't like, but it doesn't mean that he has to burn.

Karenne
July 22nd, 2007, 11:32 PM
snort..you are so soft hearted to the men I don't like. Sheesh!:censored:

Dani
July 22nd, 2007, 11:44 PM
*giggles* It's a first love thing. What can I say?

jennzilla
August 25th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I'm still waiting on the dang TV series. They say True Blood might be out this Fall. Them HB-ho's best get with it!
:dots:

Dani
August 25th, 2007, 08:22 PM
At least it's coming out Jenna! That's the best thing. Did you see that Anna Paquin from X-Men is playing Sookie?

jennzilla
August 25th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Yes, but they won't say WHEN!
:arghhhh:

DavidsGirl841444
September 14th, 2007, 07:49 PM
With you on the won't saywhen can't wait to see who plays bill inhis role

Dani
September 15th, 2007, 01:02 PM
If you want to see who's going to play who then click on this link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844441/ (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844441/). For those of you that are Eric fans, he hasn't been cast yet. I'm not to keen on who they cast as Bill yet, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm still excited about getting the Many Bloody Returns with the Sookie story in it.

CharmedGirl
September 16th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I've finished the first two books of the Sookie series and I'm loving it. Halfway through the third book but I don't think I'm going to like how it ends for Sookie and Bill.

Karenne
September 16th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Bill is the Quinn honey....HugMe Be strong. you can finish it!

CharmedGirl
September 16th, 2007, 08:44 PM
I will be finished it by this afternoon and then I can start Dead to the World either tonight or tomorrow. WooHoo! LOL

Dani
September 17th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Oooh, oooh, oooh that's the one Eric's featured in! Oh my...the Gracious Pleanty!! Geesh, I think I need to reread that book. ;)

Yes, I may be a Bill lover still, but I love Eric all the same too and let's not get me started on Mr. Quinn!! Bec, you'll meet him later, in book 5 I do believe.

CharmedGirl
September 17th, 2007, 12:32 AM
I've got book 5 Dani but I have to get through the rest of 3 and then 4 first cause I never like to read a series out of order. LOL

Dani
September 17th, 2007, 01:23 PM
I didn't mean that you have to read book 5 now. I can't wait until you get to book 4. You really get to see Eric then. :whoohoo:

CharmedGirl
September 17th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I knew what you meant Dani but I had to order book 4 from the bookshop and so I have to wait until it comes in. In the meantime I've finished reading Swimming with the Fishes by Mary Janice Davidson. That book was just fantastic and now I've started reading Witch Fire by Anya Bast which just keeps getting better and better with each page. LOL

Dani
September 18th, 2007, 11:59 PM
I told you that those books were excellent! :biggrin:

DavidsGirl841444
September 20th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Great more books to get charmed Girl thanks, and you'll love the books with Dani on this Eric is drool worthy.

Dani
September 21st, 2007, 02:24 AM
Bill and Charlaine's Quinn are drool worthy too and let's not forget Alcide. He may have been wrong to do what he did, but he's still hot!! :whoohoo:

CharmedGirl
September 21st, 2007, 03:04 AM
OMG I can't wait to read Dead to the World when it arrives in the post this week sometime. I've finished Witch Fire and that book is fantastic it makes me just want to read it again and again. While I'm waiting for the 4th Sookie book I started the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton and it looks like it is going to be a good series as well. I can't keep up with all these books that I've got. LOL

Karenne
September 21st, 2007, 10:19 AM
Actually I could see Alcide's mistake and ...pretty much forgive him...

Bill on the other hand....hmph

Dani
September 21st, 2007, 06:36 PM
I still have hope for Bill. I know it's probably futile to think this way, but I'm all for first loves. Yes he did wrong, but it's vamps first with all of them including Eric. Like I have said before Bill was there to do a job for his queen, he didn't plan to fall in love with Sookie, however, he should have told her the truth before then. It may have hurt her at that time, but she might have been able to let it go because he loved her.

As for Alcide, I can see that he was upset about what happened, but he asked her to help and it wasn't her fault that things happened the way they did. She did what she was asked and tried to help. He was just a big jerk about it afterward. You can still tell that he likes Sookie though.

bittenbybooks
September 21st, 2007, 11:10 PM
OMG I am so glad I found this thread! I had no idea they were going to make a series! HBO Only though? gah. I am going to have to cave. LOL

Now, I am reading Definately Dead (book 6), and I am definately confused.
It is talking about The whole cousin Hadley, Queen and Waldo scenario. Where was this story line? Is it in another book not in the series?

I vaguely remember a brief reference to Hadley, but did I block out an entire storyline? lol

HELP. :)
HUGS
Rach

Dani
September 22nd, 2007, 12:28 AM
Rach, I found out about this before I got to the book with the whole Hadley stuff. You have to get the book Bite to get Hadley's story. It's an anthology and the lead author on the book is Laurell K Hamelton. The story's called One Word Answer.

There are more of her stories in other anthologies too. There's one about the fairy Claudine and her brother called Fairy Dust and that's in the book Powers of Detection and it will probably be under Dana Stabenow. There's another story in a book called Night's Edge (main author Maggie Shayne and you have to find that online or at a used book store) and it's called Dancers in the Dark. It's about a couple that you will see in one of the books. There's another story in the Book My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding called Tacky. It's about a vamp and a werewolf that want to marry. The newest story is in the Book Many Bloody Returns and it's called Dracula Night.

So that's all the stories that I know of that has to do with Sookie's world besides her main Sookie books. Hope this helps.

bittenbybooks
September 22nd, 2007, 01:22 AM
Rach, I found out about this before I got to the book with the whole Hadley stuff. You have to get the book Bite to get Hadley's story. It's an anthology and the lead author on the book is Laurell K Hamelton. The story's called One Word Answer.

There are more of her stories in other anthologies too. There's one about the fairy Claudine and her brother called Fairy Dust and that's in the book Powers of Detection and it will probably be under Dana Stabenow. There's another story in a book called Night's Edge (main author Maggie Shayne and you have to find that online or at a used book store) and it's called Dancers in the Dark. It's about a couple that you will see in one of the books. There's another story in the Book My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding called Tacky. It's about a vamp and a werewolf that want to marry. The newest story is in the Book Many Bloody Returns and it's called Dracula Night.

So that's all the stories that I know of that has to do with Sookie's world besides her main Sookie books. Hope this helps.

Thank you! I *think* I may have a copy of bite. But not the others. Just finished this one up tonight. I am really enjoying her writing style and the series in general.

I am PISSED at Bill. He's Cold blooded. :)

LOL though I do think he genuinely loves her in his own way. That was a great twist, never seen that or the hint about sookie's special blood coming.

Great book!

CharmedGirl
September 22nd, 2007, 09:21 AM
I like Bill don't get me wrong but if he is going to keep betraying Sookie then she should just let him go and find happiness with Eric or Quinn (the weretiger). Even though I've only read the first three books in the Sookie series so far I've heard lots about Quinn. LOL

bittenbybooks
September 22nd, 2007, 02:53 PM
I like Bill don't get me wrong but if he is going to keep betraying Sookie then she should just let him go and find happiness with Eric or Quinn (the weretiger). Even though I've only read the first three books in the Sookie series so far I've heard lots about Quinn. LOL

I agree! :)

Dani
September 22nd, 2007, 04:24 PM
I won't say it again about Bill, I'll just refer you to Post 53 where I made my view known for Bill. I've also posted about him before too on this thread, so you can look for those too (a good starting poing would be page 2).

Yes, I was pissed off at Bill too and am still a bit ruffled about it, but lovers do make faux pas sometimes.

Karenne
September 23rd, 2007, 01:47 PM
faux pas? Are you kidding? Since not everyone here has read the whole series...i am so NOT going to spoil it for them...but Bill is bad! (scowls) bad bad Bill!Innocent?

Dani
September 24th, 2007, 12:39 AM
*shakes head* Yes, faux pas. I've made my case for him here too, so I won't do it again...yet!! :roflmao:

Karenne
September 24th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Big kisses for my Dani!HugMe

Dani
September 24th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Awww, thanks Karenne! :wub: HugMe

I have made my case for Eric too, so that makes me an equal opportunity case maker! ROLF!! :biggrin:

I'm a goober for both Bill and Eric!

Karenne
September 24th, 2007, 11:50 AM
snicker...yummm Eric....drool

big sighCheerleader

Dani
September 24th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Yeah, a tall, blonde Adonis of a viking!! *sighs* What a vamp! :yes:

jennzilla
September 24th, 2007, 11:27 PM
I ordered All Together Dead and it should be in tomorrow or the next day. Now.. Eric/Bill/Quinn.

While Eric buys her this and that, he could be just playing a deep game trying to stay in her good graces and make it so she thinks well of him. Sookie's very innocent, he is not. The only time they ever really got along was when he had no idea who he was, if you'll recall. Now that he remembers again, uh uh.

Bill is too dang dull to be bad, he's just a pooh. However, he still loves Sookie.

Quinn is hot, but I'm not sure if I trust him. He could have been sent by the Queen to watch her.

Anyway, I've got a much more important question than Sookie's lovelife. Just where in the heck is Bubba? FlyingWitch

Dani
September 25th, 2007, 02:07 AM
Too funny about Bubba Jenna!! He's around I'll bet! :biggrin:

DavidsGirl841444
September 25th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Bubba always around somewhere. I noticed.

Yeah Eric only good when he had no mind and don't know all about Quinn yet even if he is yummy. Bill at least tries.
But yeah Dani fighting for both.

Karenne
September 25th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Man Dani! What do you pay Davidsgirl with? Chocolate?

She is always on YOUR side (stomps foot)Hippy

Dani
September 25th, 2007, 02:10 PM
She just really likes Bill, Karenne!! He has a big following...What more do I need to say? :lol:

I know and have said that a vamps first and formost concern is themselves. Eric, though, has done things for Sookie because he saw that she's struggling to keep afloat and he also saw that Bill (who was supposed to be taking care of her and protecting her) wasn't making sure that she had what she needed. Sookie works hard for what she's got (which is great), but sometimes she needs help and she's too proud to admit it and Eric knows that, so that's why, IMHO, he does things for her. He has also never pressured her into sex (even though he wants to), he backs off when told and doesn't make a big deal about it. It may be that he's doing these things to stay in her good graces, but I sincerely don't think that's the reason. Eric seems to really be attached to Sookie.

CharmedGirl
September 25th, 2007, 05:24 PM
I need to order books 6 & 7 of this series but for now I'm reading Laurell K Hamilton. Once I've finished those books the order of Sookie 6 & 7 would have arrived here. LOL

bittenbybooks
September 26th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I need to order books 6 & 7 of this series but for now I'm reading Laurell K Hamilton. Once I've finished those books the order of Sookie 6 & 7 would have arrived here. LOL

I am getting ready to read LKH too! I want to finish this current book and one more. But I have started collecting LKH's series. :)

CharmedGirl
September 26th, 2007, 07:03 PM
I really want to read books 6 & 7 of Sookie but I'm going to finish the Laurell K Hamilton series and hopefully by then Lords of the Were by Bianca D'Arc will have arrived so I can read that. LOL

Dani
September 26th, 2007, 07:50 PM
LKH's series is pretty long. You might want to get and read books 6 & 7 of Charlaine's before hand.

CharmedGirl
September 26th, 2007, 07:52 PM
I'm almost finished the LKH series and my goodness it was long but I've managed to get through them just fine. LOL

bittenbybooks
September 26th, 2007, 08:32 PM
I really want to read books 6 & 7 of Sookie but I'm going to finish the Laurell K Hamilton series and hopefully by then Lords of the Were by Bianca D'Arc will have arrived so I can read that. LOL

Can you tell me more about the books by Bianca D'Arc? is there a thread here about them? Is it a series?

(groans more books....)

Dani
September 26th, 2007, 08:41 PM
There isn't a thread for Bianca D'Arc here that I've seen.

She has a book that we've been dicussing called Lords of the Were that is excellent. There is to be more of that series to come. She as a dragon series also along with a lot more books. You can check her books out at www.biancadarc.com (http://www.biancadarc.com).

CharmedGirl
September 26th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Make sure you check out Bianca's website and read the excerpt for Lords of the Were it is really good. LOL

bittenbybooks
September 26th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Hey thanks!
How's her dragon series? have you read it?

Dani
September 26th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Not yet, but I plan on it. :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
September 26th, 2007, 10:18 PM
I haven't read it yet either but I'm planning to as well. More books I need to order. LOL

bittenbybooks
September 27th, 2007, 01:17 AM
pay day tomorrow.... <rubs crystal ball> I see more books in my future. :) LOL

Dani
September 27th, 2007, 05:02 PM
I have quite a few books in my future thanks to someone very special!!! You know who you are too! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :notworthy:

bittenbybooks
September 27th, 2007, 05:56 PM
I have quite a few books in my future thanks to someone very special!!! You know who you are too! Thank you, thank you, thank you! :notworthy:
Oh really??? How do I sign up to be very special like you? :)

he he That is awesome!

Karenne
September 27th, 2007, 06:01 PM
awwww...Rach you are special!HugMe

bittenbybooks
September 27th, 2007, 06:05 PM
awwww...Rach you are special!HugMe

:) Thanks, that is what the kids always said growin' up. he he
Hippy

CharmedGirl
September 27th, 2007, 06:19 PM

Lucky Dani. :lol:

Dani
September 27th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Oh really??? How do I sign up to be very special like you? :)

he he That is awesome!
You're special in your own way Rach! :biggrin:

I just got very lucky to have a fairy godsister (she too young to be a godmother to me) that loves me! :wub:

bittenbybooks
September 28th, 2007, 03:53 AM
that is SO cool! :)

DavidsGirl841444
October 1st, 2007, 03:56 PM
Finished reading All together Dead And whoa I loved it and it was amazing especially the ending that was a shell shocker. Loved it Still love Bill and hope and cheer him on.

Dani
October 1st, 2007, 04:26 PM
Wasn't it a shocker! I was in awe and was wanting to read more right then. I can't wait until May! I want the next book now! :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
October 1st, 2007, 04:39 PM
Well I've just started Dead to the World and I'm about 140 pages into it. I still have to order Definitely Dead and All Together Dead so by the time I've finished book 4 and the last book in the Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton I'll have ordered those two books and I'll have something new to read :lol:

bittenbybooks
October 1st, 2007, 06:04 PM
It was great! I can't wait for the next installment. I haven't said that yet though have I? LOL :)

Dani
October 1st, 2007, 06:23 PM
Which book was great Rach? All Together Dead or Dead to the World? They were both excellent in my opinion. :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
October 1st, 2007, 06:46 PM
I think Rach is talking about All Together dead Dani because she says she can't wait until the next installment. LOL

bittenbybooks
October 1st, 2007, 07:41 PM
both were excellent. I have read the series and have loved each one. :)

Dani
October 1st, 2007, 09:01 PM
Cool Rach! Glad to know you liked them both. :whoohoo:

DavidsGirl841444
October 3rd, 2007, 11:43 AM
May but that is a long time .... Waaaa....

bittenbybooks
October 3rd, 2007, 01:56 PM
does anybody know when the next one is supposed to come out?
I am filling my time with the anita blake series. :) okay and a few others. LOL

Dani
October 3rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
Most likely it will be in April when the Sookie books normally come out. I hate waiting until then, but it's something that has to be done. :biggrin:

bittenbybooks
October 3rd, 2007, 03:14 PM
oh good to know! I didn't realize she had sookie on the spring schedule. :) wohoo! Thanks for the tip. It really isn't too much longer. LOL

Dani
October 3rd, 2007, 03:22 PM
Oh I know, but it just seems like a long time some days. LOL! You can pop over to her website and find information there and in her blog. They have a message board too that's fun (not as fun as here though). It's nice there, but some can be a bit testy if you say something bad about their favorite character (especially if your're new). I think we can all be that way sometimes when it comes to our fave character. :yes:

bittenbybooks
October 3rd, 2007, 03:54 PM
Oh I know, but it just seems like a long time some days. LOL! You can pop over to her website and find information there and in her blog. They have a message board too that's fun (not as fun as here though). It's nice there, but some can be a bit testy if you say something bad about their favorite character (especially if your're new). I think we can all be that way sometimes when it comes to our fave character. :yes:

Yeah that is a BUSY board over there. Lots of interesting stuff going on. I like it here better. Slower paced... just my speed!

Say, how are you liking:
Kiss Me Deadly by Michele Hauf
do you have a thread going on her at all?

CharmedGirl
October 3rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
:whoohoo: I've finally finished book 4 - Dead to the World and I've started book 5. I also ordered books 6 & 7. I need to finish two other books though before I can start on books 6 & 7.

I absolutely loved book 4 and I am loving book 5 so far and hopefully I'll have it finished tonight :lol:

Dani
October 3rd, 2007, 04:50 PM
Yeah that is a BUSY board over there. Lots of interesting stuff going on. I like it here better. Slower paced... just my speed!

Say, how are you liking:
Kiss Me Deadly by Michele Hauf
do you have a thread going on her at all?

Yeah, it's much better here and we're more friendly too (I have to say though that there are a few that are really great there too)!

I'm enjoying the book a lot thanks for asking. She is the October author in the Reader's Retreat (like Keri was in August). You ought to head over there if you've read the book and even if you haven't you should still go to read about the book and whatever else she decides to post.

bittenbybooks
October 3rd, 2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah, it's much better here and we're more friendly too (I have to say though that there are a few that are really great there too)!

I'm enjoying the book a lot thanks for asking. She is the October author in the Reader's Retreat (like Keri was in August). You ought to head over there if you've read the book and even if you haven't you should still go to read about the book and whatever else she decides to post.

I haven't read that book. I put it on my wishlist though. :) What is readers retreat? I bet you are tired of all of my questions. LOL I do appreciate your taking the time to train me up though.

HUGS
Rach

CharmedGirl
October 3rd, 2007, 07:51 PM
The readers retreat section is where there is an author each month and you can go in there asking questions and post with different people about the author's book. It's really cool rach you should check it out but I'm sure Dani could explain it better than I can if I've forgotten to tell you all about the Reader's retreat section. :lol:

Dani
October 3rd, 2007, 08:00 PM
Oh I don't mind answering questions at all. It's part of what I do here.

The Reader's Retreat is an area of CTR that we discuss a book by an author (usually) every month. In August is was Keri's book Embraced By Darkness and last month it was Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austin. You can get there by going to the main CTR page or by clicking here Reader's Retreat (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=14).

CharmedGirl
October 3rd, 2007, 08:24 PM
We must have been posting at the same time Dani. Our answers are almost the same:roflmao:

Dani
October 4th, 2007, 12:23 AM
We probably were, but you got to it faster than I did (probably because I kept having to leave my desk). It's cool though. :biggrin:

DavidsGirl841444
October 4th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Your the best girly I would hug you if I could.

bittenbybooks
October 4th, 2007, 04:16 PM
LOL now that is service! Thanks ladies! I will definately check it out!

HUGS
Rach

CharmedGirl
October 4th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Your welcome Rach :)

Dani
October 4th, 2007, 07:56 PM
:whoohoo:I just found the name of the new Sookie book on Charlaine's boards! It's going to be titled From Dead To Worse. :biggrin:

I just thought those of you that are keeping up with this thread would like to know that (if you didn't know already...LOL). I know that I'm very excited to hear that it has a title and I can't wait for it to be released!! Cheerleader

CharmedGirl
October 4th, 2007, 08:57 PM
:whoohoo: Thanks for letting me know Dani. I can't wait to finish reading this series and then by that time I will be ready to read book 8 but I still have a whole pile of other books to get through :lol:

jennzilla
October 4th, 2007, 09:18 PM
While I like Anna, she's not really who I'd have cast for Sookie, not that I had anyone in mind, but just not her. But by golly, I love the books, so I'm watchin the show!

I got a bit miffy on IMDB because some of them starting saying we don't pronounce our R's down here. Charlaine Harris knows better because she's from my general area, from Arkansas. I don't hold this geographical error against her. After all, she writes about my fine state, and she can't help the Tigers B-B-Qued dem Hawgs. *ahem*

But, I decided it was my duty to educate the non-southern on the other board.

North Louisana is more than a patch of forest that folks fly over on their way to New Orleans. We don't all talk like them damn people off In the Heat of the Night. Real southern actors should be ashamed of perpetuating this myth, Andie McDowwel and Don Johnson are among the worst offenders. Don Johnson should be doubly so, for marrying Melanie Griffin that one time (when she was probably still in band camp at that)

I ended my southern belle hissy fit with the fact that we knew how to pronounce sarcasm too in case they were wondering. Nobody replied back either, I'm not sure why.

Casting conniptions are all for and against this and that one, but I still wanna know whose gonna play Bubba.
:lol:

jennzilla
October 4th, 2007, 09:21 PM
I wanted to add that St Hubby fussed at me for not telling him about Many Bloody Returns. I did tell him, he just doesn't listen!
:censored: Idiot!

Dani
October 4th, 2007, 10:00 PM
I'd get miffed too Jenna (some would even say that about us in FL too)! I have family that grew up in New Orleans that know how to pronounce there R's correctly. I think that it's just some of the northeners that are trying to think that they are better than southerners (and I know some who are like that too). They seem to think that if you're from the south that you can't speak in english language correctly at all and that pisses me off to no end. I would have ranted about it too, so I don't blame you one bit for what you did.

CharmedGirl
October 5th, 2007, 12:08 AM
:whoohoo: and Jason Stackhouse is being played by Ryan Kwanten that is totally awesome. He's an aussie! :)

Dani
October 5th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Is he hot? :lol:

CharmedGirl
October 5th, 2007, 12:19 AM
:yes: Ryan Kwanten is a hottie. He was in Home and Away playing the character Vinnie and he has also been in a show called Summerland playing Jay. :lol:

Dani
October 5th, 2007, 12:25 AM
I found that he also played in the movie Flicka too. He is a hottie!! :biggrin:

jennzilla
October 6th, 2007, 12:35 AM
I'd get miffed too Jenna (some would even say that about us in FL too)! I have family that grew up in New Orleans that know how to pronounce there R's correctly. I think that it's just some of the northeners that are trying to think that they are better than southerners (and I know some who are like that too). They seem to think that if you're from the south that you can't speak in english language correctly at all and that pisses me off to no end. I would have ranted about it too, so I don't blame you one bit for what you did.

Let them think that, when they underestimate our intelligence, that makes it easier for us to pull one over on them.
:devil:

jennzilla
October 6th, 2007, 12:36 AM
I found that he also played in the movie Flicka too. He is a hottie!! :biggrin:
Ooh, good! I'm glad there's a hottie playin him! I always love a good hottie!

Dani
October 6th, 2007, 12:37 AM
You got that right Jenna! :lol:

CharmedGirl
October 6th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Ooh, good! I'm glad there's a hottie playin him! I always love a good hottie!

Yep I always like a good hottie too that's why I love watching Bones just because of David Boreanaz but I also watch it because I love the show for what the episodes are always about.

I finished book 5 of Sookie today and it was fantastic. Can't wait until books 6 & 7 arrive in the post and I will start reading them as soon as they get here. :lol:

Dani
October 7th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Cool Bec!! I'm glad you liked book 5. You'll like the other books too. Cheerleader

DavidsGirl841444
October 8th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Ohhh hotties love hotties.

CharmedGirl
October 8th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Cool Bec!! I'm glad you liked book 5. You'll like the other books too. Cheerleader

Can't wait to read book 6 Dani I've read the excerpt with Quinn which was in the back of book 5 and it was awesome.

I also read the book 7 excerpt on Charlaine's website which was excellent too :lol:

Dani
October 9th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Cool!! You'll love them, but Bill is going to piss you off in book 6...at least he has everyone else (but some, like me, got over it). :biggrin:

DavidsGirl841444
October 10th, 2007, 11:03 AM
So right about bill and going over there to read the excerpt for the next book is it new or waht.

Dani
October 10th, 2007, 11:10 PM
It's the first chapter from book 7 Davidsgirl. :biggrin:

bittenbybooks
October 12th, 2007, 05:41 PM
It's the first chapter from book 7 Davidsgirl. :biggrin:

the new book that isn't out yet? I am lost. lol

Dani
October 12th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Rach, the 7th book is All Together Dead that just came out this past April. Bec hadn't read it yet and found the first chapter on Charlaine's site, so she was commenting on reading it. :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
October 13th, 2007, 12:26 AM
I can't wait to receive books 6 & 7 in the post this week. I'm going to start reading them as soon as they get here :lol:

DavidsGirl841444
October 13th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Thank you dani for clarifying that for me your abig helppyy. Mucho gracias.

Dani
October 14th, 2007, 09:55 PM
You're welcome! :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
October 15th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Okay so now that we've figured everything I've just had an update from the online book place and my books should arrive in 3-5 days. I can't wait to start reading book 6 of sookie.

Dani
October 15th, 2007, 12:52 AM
COOL!!! I can't wait for you to read them! :lol:

CharmedGirl
October 15th, 2007, 01:13 AM
COOL!!! I can't wait for you to read them! :lol:

Me neither Dani. I'm really looking forward to what happens between her and Quinn as well as seeing what evil is after Sookie and the problems she has with Bill :notworthy:

DavidsGirl841444
October 15th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Oh baby you'll love it and grr to all I just want Bill but life is never fair, not kidding. Just wait and maybe there will be happy ending.

Dani
October 15th, 2007, 05:48 PM
In the Q&A section of her site someone questioned Charlaine about who she ends up with and she said that we might not have even met him yet. Now that shocked me to read, but it's her world. She's also said that Sookie will never become a vamp, so don't hold your breath for Eric or Bill to change her over so that she won't ever die.

DavidsGirl841444
October 16th, 2007, 09:14 AM
That is great I mean I never saw her go vamp at all and that would ruin the whole human thing but the who she ends with that is so sad I mean I would love it if it was someone we already know oh well here is hoping.

CharmedGirl
October 16th, 2007, 09:38 AM
I would also love Sookie to end up with someone she has already dated or is friends with!

DavidsGirl841444
October 17th, 2007, 10:18 AM
I am totallty with charmed girl on this one for sure. Bill girl here.

CharmedGirl
November 4th, 2007, 09:31 PM
I've recently finished books 6 & 7 and I totally loved them. I'm a Quinn fan definitely. Bill doesn't deserve Sookie after what he has done but I still like Eric but Quinn deserves Sookie I think. LOL

Dani
November 4th, 2007, 10:02 PM
You're intitled to your opinions...:lol:

I'll have you know that Quinn's missing for the first 150 pages in the next book. It said so on Charlaine's site.

CharmedGirl
November 4th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Yep I am entitled to my opinion and I would just like to say that sometimes I really like giving my opinion especially when it comes to books. LOL

Dani
November 4th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Well that's the reason that we're here (or at least I hope it is), so post away!! :roflmao:

CharmedGirl
November 4th, 2007, 10:43 PM
I already post away I'm like the posting demon. LOL

I've got to say that I am really loving CTR. It is such a fun place to post. I've been to some other forums and I haven't really enjoyed posting there. The one I use to post on was really good but the operator shut it down because he didn't want to manage it anymore because his daughter had children and he was looking after them a lot so he couldn't keep up with managing the site which was a shame but I'm here at CTR and it's great. LOL

Dani
November 4th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Well, we're glad you're here Bec! Cheerleader :whoohoo:

CharmedGirl
November 4th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Thanks Dani. Now lets get back to giving opinions. LOL

Well here is another opinion about books. I read this really good book and the main guy is an absolute hottie. His name is Joel and he's an ex-military guy who runs his own business with three of his mates and his job at the moment is to protect his mate's sister Lora.

OMG it was a great book and it's called Born to be Wilde by Janelle Denison. Can't wait for the next book which is out in April 2008. LOL

Dani
November 4th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Sounds great. I'll have to check it out.

CharmedGirl
November 5th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Ummm I have to check out some other books to like Patricia Briggs and Karen Chance but the Sookie books I really enjoy and can't wait for book 8 which is due out sometime within the next six months which is a bit exciting.

That is really sad about Quinn not being in the 8th book until 150 pages into it but then I guess he needs time to heal from the injuries he sustained in book 7. awwww poor Quinn but I still love him. I bet he'd definitely be a tiger in bed. LOL

Dani
November 5th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Only you would think like that...Oh wait...so would I!:roflmao:

CharmedGirl
November 5th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Great minds think alike. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
November 6th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Yeah but come on he is one hot feline. And what he did at the end whta she thought he did was whoa blew my mind who else?

CharmedGirl
November 6th, 2007, 08:15 PM
He did that to protect the one he wants to be with. I don't think there's anything wrong in that at all.

DavidsGirl841444
November 7th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Hell no I mean I would be doubly afraid of the guy and if my guy did that way to go for you. Hopefully no one finds out then your one dead tiger.

KissyKrissy
November 7th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Well with the queen in such bad shape at the end of the book hopefully no one will even realize what quinn did and i am grateful he did! LOL Andre was a creep...hopefully he disengrated before anyone noticed LOL and Andre would have just used and hurt Sookie anyways. Quinn must defiantly have strong feelings for Sookie.

I still love Eric thou....and now Sookie and Eric will be even closer....

Karenne
November 7th, 2007, 03:25 PM
I am with you. It needed to be done. And Quinn knew it and took care of it for Sookie!

And yes...Eric! sigh:flowers:

Dani
November 7th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Well with the queen in such bad shape at the end of the book hopefully no one will even realize what quinn did and i am grateful he did! LOL Andre was a creep...hopefully he disengrated before anyone noticed LOL and Andre would have just used and hurt Sookie anyways. Quinn must defiantly have strong feelings for Sookie.

I still love Eric thou....and now Sookie and Eric will be even closer....
Hopefully no one will notice at all. They'll just think that Andre got caught in the building and couldn't get out in time. My only concern is that Barry knows and looked down on Sookie for some things and maybe he just might let it slip what happened. We'll see.

CharmedGirl
November 8th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Hopefully no one will notice at all. They'll just think that Andre got caught in the building and couldn't get out in time. My only concern is that Barry knows and looked down on Sookie for some things and maybe he just might let it slip what happened. We'll see.

For some reason Barry feels that if it wasn't for Sookie his powers wouldn't be as powerful as they are. She knew what he was and used her own abilities to bring his abilities to the surface. For some reason I don't think he'll betray her but like Dani said we'll just have to wait and see :swoon:

DavidsGirl841444
November 8th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah Barry seems like the loyal type but who knows what can slip or forced out of someone and I don't think the queen will let it go so easily.

CharmedGirl
November 9th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Her roommate might turn Barry into an animal like she did with the male witch she slept with just so he doesn't tell anyone Sookie's secrets. LOL

Karenne
November 9th, 2007, 11:26 PM
yeah...I kind of agree. Even though she was nothing but nice to Barry...I can see that relationship coming back to bite Sookie in the butt so to speak. Everytime she does nice things for people...they tromple her. You know? poor Sookie

sigh..and droool....Eric:winkiss:

CharmedGirl
November 9th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Well poor Sookie if that friendship comes back to bite her. It's not fair she's already suffered enough with what Bill did to her.

*Feeling sorry for Sookie*

Dani
November 10th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Well, Barry was flying back to the South with the injured vamps and Mr. C, so maybe one of the vamps slips up and has him for a little snack. :lol:

I know it's mean, but one could only hope, so that Sook's secret stays safe.

DavidsGirl841444
November 10th, 2007, 02:31 PM
I do hope I mean sookie has had a hard life yeah bill and life in general throwing so many curve balls but whoa I don't think he will tell. But there have been guys who blew my mind again Bill. Love Bill though.

KissyKrissy
November 10th, 2007, 02:57 PM
lets hope the queen takes along time to recover...Barry will keep his mouth shut just out of pure fear of quinn...LOL now sookie has someone to protect her and not use her like some people! LOL (BILL) Doesnt Sookie deserve one good friend among the not so nice people???

Karenne
November 10th, 2007, 05:21 PM
nods..she does deserve one friend. :winkiss:

Dani
November 10th, 2007, 07:27 PM
She definately deserves a friend out of the deal that won't screw her over. So far Eric hasn't screwed her over that I can tell.

:swoon: Eric :swoon: Isn't he just the best? :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Yep Eric is a great friend so far but he is a vampire and sooner or later vampires do turn on you. I know that sounds bitter but I didn't think Bill would turn out to be a rotten person and look at what he did to Sookie.

I'm still hoping for Quinn and Sookie to be together for a while but I wouldn't be disappointed if she ended up with Eric as long as he doesn't hurt Sookie in anyway. If he does I'm going to be very cross at him. LOL

Dani
November 11th, 2007, 12:37 AM
But as I have said before in Bill's defence, he was there to do a job for his Queen. He wasn't there to fall in love, but ended up falling for Sookie anyway. I don't think that he thought he was capable of falling in love after all he'd been through in his life and "death".

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Well what Bill did is still wrong whether he was under orders from the Queen or not. He could have gone against the orders...and everything might have been alright. Eric did what he thought was right by getting Bill to admit the truth of why he arrived to Sookie's area but I think he went about it all wrong in the end. Sookie had to be told and I understand that it wouldn't have made it any less painful for her the way she was told but the fact that Eric made Bill tell her shows that Eric wanted Bill out of the road so he could be with Sookie but now he has competition from Quinn.

Dani
November 11th, 2007, 01:12 AM
I agree that Bill could have told her sooner (like when he fell for her), but if he had then there wouldn't be a twist in the story especially if she's not supposed to be with him. Charlaine did a good job of getting him out of the running (even though I hate that fact cause I like Bill still). Eric's still in it though, so I'm still happy!! :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Well you never know Sookie might change her feelings about Bill. Something might happen for him to get back in Sookie's good books but Eric has power over Sookie at the moment with the blood sharing and that isn't a good thing even though I wouldn't feel totally upset if they ended up together again. I would just prefer to see Sookie with Quinn because he is a weretiger and not a vampire and I think she needs to be away from the vampires for a little while. Well with Andre out of the road there isn't going to be as much trouble but with vampires around there is always trouble. LOL

Dani
November 11th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Well, I wouldn't put too much into the blood sharing thing because Eric has never been able to control Sookie before when they shared blood for the third time and I remember something being said that he could control someone after one or two blood exchanges. Also, the other reason I don't think that it will be much is because of Sookie's fairy blood and her telepathy. I think those things are a type of protection for her. We'll have to see if my theories are correct though. :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 01:37 AM
I can't believe Eric made the comment about fairy blood in one of the books. That is not the way to get Sookie to like him more and for her to end up in his bed again I can assure you of that. He needs to send her flowers, chocolate, be sweet to her but not excessively. Telling her that she should be his by now is not the way to go but then again maybe that's how he's won so many hearts before but I can tell you it's not going to win him Sookie's heart.

Okay and you might be right about the whole blood sharing thing but it was good that she has ties with Eric more than with Andre because he was such a controlling creep.

Dani
November 11th, 2007, 04:13 AM
Eric's going to have to do a lot to get in to Sookie's bed. Trust me! :roflmao:

DavidsGirl841444
November 11th, 2007, 02:02 PM
A hell of alot I hope I never liked Eric no offense just because he got ammnesia and forgot and ended up being good wasnt the person he was at the beginning and at the end he still is a ego maniac at times, wanting in her bed. Yeah Bill did wrong about not telling her and doing as ordered but we know other guys who do wrong but can be forgiving and it wasn't his fault he fell in love with her. She is strong so I think she can hand;e the vamps for a bit I hope.

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 07:09 PM
What Bill did was way wrong and I don't think Sookie will be forgiving anytime soon. Eric is a typical businessman, who thinks if he's powerful enough every woman should want him but we all know Sookie isn't just any woman.

No offense taken DG about Eric. We are all entitled to our opinions. LOL

Karenne
November 11th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah but the thing is....Eric could do so more more mean things to her. BUT he tries to work with her.

Think about it. Remember that night when Eric took her home and told her that her road was so awful to drive and Sookie just let loose? She talked about how much work she had to do for them and how much time she was missing and how much money she did not have ....and so on and so on..

Well Eric saw the need and provided her with a new road. He didn't show up and ask for something. He just saw a need and took care of her. Just like she was one of his 'peoples'

So that endeared him to me.

As much as I wanted Bill to be the 'one' I can't and don't like him anymore.

:flowers:

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 08:51 PM
That's right. Eric didn't expect anything in return on the spot. He likes Sookie for who she is even though he made the comment in book 1 about having a fling with a pyschic or a telepath...I can't really remember the comment from book 1 of the top of my head but it was something along those lines. LOL

Well technically Sookie is one of Eric's people...she sort of works for him. Bill was nice for the first two books then he went and broke Sookie's heart and he doesn't deserve to get back in her good books anytime soon.

Dani
November 11th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Eric sees more potential in Sookie and is trying to bring that out it seems and help her along the way. It's more than Bill ever did for her. Granted he taught her how to control her abililties, but that's about it. Eric always seems genuinely concerned for her, but no one sees that due to his arrogance, but if he wants to keep her safe he has to act like a jerk at times. Remember when Charles almost killed Sookie because other vamps knew about Eric's feelings for her? Eric has to make sure that there is some distance between them for her safety.

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Yeah but Eric feels it's his responsibility to keep Sookie safe at any cost. There will never be any distance put between them I don't think but I believe that Sookie needs a little time to get her feelings for her men sorted out before diving into any sort of relationship. Learning to control her powers was definitely important to her and Bill did help her with that but he has had more negatives than positives when it comes to Sookie.

DavidsGirl841444
November 12th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Good points but come on Bill wanted to keep her safe when they were together and worried about her he knows she needs time to get thru it all. Plus he isn't as demanding as Eric wantingt hings done to be over others.

CharmedGirl
November 13th, 2007, 07:24 PM
I still think what Bill did was really wrong if he truly felt for Sookie like he says he did then he wouldn't give up on her so easily and he would of disobeyed the queen's wishes. If Bill truly loves her then he should be fighting for her affections not just walking away from her when she tells him to. Where as Eric can be very demanding and wants all of Sookie's attention but she is not going to give him all of her attention so it doesn't matter. She still has Quinn in her affections and she wants to be with him for now no matter how demanding Eric is.

Dani
November 13th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Vamps first...That's their way of thinking. It comes from living for so long.

CharmedGirl
November 13th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Vamps just think they're gods gift to all people created. Most of them think it's their way or nothing and Sookie doesn't like being taken for granted. I guess that's why she likes Quinn so much because he doesn't treat her like that and he doesn't care about the fairy blood she has.

Dani
November 13th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Alcide didn't either, but he had other issues that were taking over his life at that time.

CharmedGirl
November 13th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Well Alcide also sort of treated Sookie bad though when he didn't call her at all after the fight that saw his father end up dead because of the pack fight. She expected more from him then that and he didn't follow through. They could have made a good couple if he'd followed through on persuing her but he gave up all hope. Okay so she didn't try to contact him either well at least I don't remember if she did try but I'm pretty sure she didn't. Sookie seemed really upset by him not contacting her at all but then Quinn came along and took some of the pain of Bill and Alcide away :tt2:

Cheerleader for Quinn :lol:

Dani
November 14th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Well how would you react after your father died? Sookie did what she sould and it wasn't her fault, but there was too much emotion around both of them to have anything said at that time. Like I said...He had other issues going on at that point.

CharmedGirl
November 14th, 2007, 12:11 AM
For one I thought Alcide would have more respect for Sookie then to totally leave her alone while he was going through a personal dilemma. His father being killed should have seen him fighting for Sookie's friendship not pushing him away and so what if Sookie killed his old girlfriend big deal, she did that to save her own life.

Dani
November 14th, 2007, 12:15 AM
He wasn't worried about Debbie. He'd abjured her infront of the pack, so he didn't "see" her anymore. I don't think that was part of his problems at all.

CharmedGirl
November 14th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Well whatever his problems were he needed to get over them because he sort of lost Sookie's friendship over it when he didn't call her at all. Then all of a sudden Quinn and her show up at that bar or club and that's the first time they'd seen each other since his dad's killing and Alcide has a new girlfriend and everything and couldn't even tell Sookie about it after wanting her to move in with him and for her to be his lover. What sort of guy does that...if the answer is going to be awful I don't want to hear it. LOL

Dani
November 14th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Too many out there would do it, but Sookie knoew about his girlfriend and he didn't just start going out with Maria-Star the day after it all happened. There was a fair amount of time that went by before they started dating.

CharmedGirl
November 14th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Who cares how much time between girlfriends he's had he still shouldn't have treated Sookie the way he did that's all I'm saying. Unlike Alcide, Quinn would never do that as soon as he is better from his injuries suffered in book 7 he'll come straight back to Sookie and they'll continue their relationship hopefully. I've got my fingers crossed for that. LOL

Dani
November 14th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Don't get your hopes up. It never goes the way you want it to.

CharmedGirl
November 14th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Well if every book went the way I wanted it to go a lot of the people that I want to end up together would end up together. LOL

jennzilla
November 14th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Alcide might just be the typical man, who just found something more convenient. It happens in life. Charlain Harris is very good at doing the realistic thing in even her paranormal books, which is something I love about her. Alcide despite being a werewolf is still a big old redneck who just might like being close to home, so that could be it. I don't care, because I liked Quinn better than Bill, Alcide and even, Erik. Oh, my God, I'm going to pass out! :arghhhh:

Dani
November 14th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Very true Jenna. That's what makes you get into her books more, well, at least it does me.

DavidsGirl841444
November 14th, 2007, 02:19 AM
Ok yeah Alicide was cool at first but yeah he could be a real jerk and yes Quinn kicks them all to the curb I mean doing what he does and looking like he does of course bald guys not my cup of tea but hey go sookie.

CharmedGirl
November 14th, 2007, 08:23 PM
But Quinn is a weretiger so he definitely has one up on everyone else. Once a tiger always a tiger in every way. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
November 15th, 2007, 10:13 AM
True but I don't know I am a vamp chicak can't help it. So were doesn't do it for me but I mean we can do it but not with the same with vamp. But what a tiger I must say.

Dani
November 15th, 2007, 09:54 PM
I'm more of a vamp chick too. At least in Charlaine's series. I love tigers though, so I do like Quinn, but I just have a strange feeling that Quinn's not going to last with Sookie. I kinda hope I'm wrong, but then again I'm also cheering for Eric, so I guess you could say I'm torn.

CharmedGirl
November 17th, 2007, 10:23 PM
I don't like Eric as much as I like Quinn but I'm sort of torn between the two but I hope Quinn reigns at least for a little while. I just don't want Bill to ever lay another finger on her for a while because everything he seems to do hurts her in some way or another and Sookie doesn't need anymore suffering. I don't like how Eric made the comment about he likes Sookie for her fairy blood but he isn't such a bad guy. Sometimes I don't agree with things he does like when he orders things of Sookie but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be shown some attention. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
November 19th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Yeah am sorry not an Eeric fan more a Bill fan and yeah he hurt her in the past but he can make amend anyone can. Better then ordering her around. But I am with you girls I don't see Quinn lasting a long timw which is sad for what he did for her.

CharmedGirl
November 20th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Quinn treats Sookie with the respect she deserves. He loves everything about her especially her gift and he doesn't give two hoots about her fairy blood. Okay so he mightn't last with Sookie but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't be given a fair go to win her affections out right. I'm hoping he does win her over Eric but if Sookie finds happiness with Eric so be it.

DavidsGirl841444
November 21st, 2007, 12:32 PM
How about if she finds happines with Bill happy for her there too. I mean its scary but how about someone finds out what Quinn did then it will really turn out messy.

CharmedGirl
November 25th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Ummm I would never go back to a guy who did what Bill did but if Sookie is happy to go back to him then so be it but I don't think she'll find the happiness he originally bought to her life as for what Quinn did he did it to keep Sookie safe which is a person you'd want around. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
November 26th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Of course I want him around for protecting me but Bill is still so hot and was very sorry about what he did he wanted to make up for it but was ordered and they have to follow such orders.

CharmedGirl
November 27th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Bill will be around in some capacity but I don't think Sookie is going to forgive and forget anytime soon. I liked Bill in the earlier books until Sookie had to go and rescue him. I liked Eric from the start as well cause he seems to be real protective of Sookie and does things for her. As for Quinn he will always be her protector but I like shapeshifters more than I like vampires so I'm a big fan of him :tt2:

DavidsGirl841444
November 28th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Me I am totally a vamp girl but the dark broody ones not the blonde.

maura
November 28th, 2007, 03:40 PM
You wear shoes? Ooh .. I'm disappointed!!
My next book was gonna have a heroine named Karenne and I was gonna call it, Barefoot in the Boxcar.. sighs.. back to the drawin board, dangit!! Heroine! Put your shoes back on.. *whispers* Thank God! Her feet stank so bad, :pinch: you know, come to think of it, she sorta looked a little like Brittany Spears, another fine product of Louisisana:turned: ok, I just threw up in my mouth..

BTW: I looked that up about Charlaine, not that I don't believe you or nothing, just that I'm like nosy and some junk, and her book is being made into a pilot series on HBO by the peeps that did 6 Feet Under!! Whooot

:)

Very Scary Jenn-I need both, but it's cold up here!

Maura

CharmedGirl
November 29th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Me I am totally a vamp girl but the dark broody ones not the blonde.

Well I know one vampire that we all like and that would be Quinn from the Riley Jensen series by Keri Arthur :notworthy:

DavidsGirl841444
November 29th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Oh yeah baby that vamp any girl can agree with all the time!!!!

Dani
November 30th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Well I know one vampire that we all like and that would be Quinn from the Riley Jensen series by Keri Arthur :notworthy:
Now there's one hell of a vamp hunk! :devil:

DavidsGirl841444
November 30th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Yup, yup, yup. Definetly a hunk and more.

startaeternalauthor
November 30th, 2007, 10:32 PM
hi I'm new to Coffee Time - I hope you'll check out my new novel...

Murder By Association…CSI inspired novel available
At Eternal Press.Com
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
As Boston’s most lethal serial killer jeopardizes the city’s anniversary celebration, CSI boss Stanford Carter desperately fights for forensic clues to nail the perp. But the ‘Plunger’ who stabs his victims through the heart, leaves only Tarot cards as evidence. The Mayor is demanding an arrest and eventually Carter’s diligence gives him one. But the Mayor is keeping a secret from Carter. He is being blackmailed by the mob and soon the murders will begin again and this time they will no longer be just the work of a deranged serial.
<o:p></o:p>
See it here…
http://www.freewebs.com/eternalnewreleases/murderbyassociation.htm (http://www.freewebs.com/eternalnewreleases/murderbyassociation.htm)
<o:p></o:p>

CharmedGirl
December 2nd, 2007, 11:32 PM
Now there's one hell of a vamp hunk! :devil:

I read a really cool book called Fanged and Fabulous by Michelle Rowen. The vamps in that are yummy and one of them is named Quinn as well. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
December 3rd, 2007, 12:40 PM
Whoa way to go Quinn is everywhere I love it.

CharmedGirl
December 11th, 2007, 10:06 PM
It seems that the name Quinn is in a lot of vampire books.

DavidsGirl841444
December 12th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Yup but its a real good name.

CharmedGirl
December 19th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Totally a great name and there is a Quinn in the J.R Ward series to but it has a different spelling of Qhuinn. LOL

hollie
December 19th, 2007, 06:27 PM
is he as good as Keri's Quinn should i move it up my TBR pile?

DavidsGirl841444
December 21st, 2007, 02:22 AM
Hey I heard that those are great books.

CharmedGirl
December 26th, 2007, 07:42 PM
is he as good as Keri's Quinn should i move it up my TBR pile?

Nope he is nowhere near as good as Quinn from Keri's books because he isn't really a main character he is a side character with one of the other main guys (John - Therror).

DavidsGirl841444
December 27th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Oh side characters are ok as well they may not be as good but they are a distraction on occasion.

hollie
December 29th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I just read the first one got to wait to get the others now

CharmedGirl
December 30th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Yeah I had to wait to get the others as well after reading Dark Lover but once I got them I got straight into reading. I think I finished the books one a day. LOL

CharmedGirl
December 30th, 2007, 12:34 AM
I can't wait to read the new Charlaine Harris book though to see what happens with Sookie. I'm really looking forward to it after the events of book 7.

DavidsGirl841444
December 30th, 2007, 05:51 PM
When is that book coming out next haven't heard? And yeah I can't wait to read it either to see what happens to the boy vamp.

hollie
December 31st, 2007, 08:59 AM
sssssh i haven't them yet

DavidsGirl841444
December 31st, 2007, 12:28 PM
Not saying anything bad.

CharmedGirl
December 31st, 2007, 07:26 PM
When is that book coming out next haven't heard? And yeah I can't wait to read it either to see what happens to the boy vamp.

Sookie book 8 is called From Dead to Worse and is suppose to be out in May :notworthy:

DavidsGirl841444
January 1st, 2008, 04:18 PM
Yeah May right there as well at least its not in the other side of the year.

hollie
January 2nd, 2008, 03:02 PM
i just bought Dead untill Dark but haven't had chance to read it yet

Dani
January 2nd, 2008, 06:44 PM
Oh, you need to read it soon. It's great! I love all the books. Charlaine is an excellent writer. :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
January 3rd, 2008, 03:17 AM
i just bought Dead untill Dark but haven't had chance to read it yet

Yep make sure you read it soon because these are great books :)

DavidsGirl841444
January 3rd, 2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah you'll love it as soon as you put it down.

Dani
January 10th, 2008, 11:07 PM
OMG!! I sooo want Charlaine's newest Sookie book, From Dead to Worse, to come out NOW!!! I just got finished reading the first chapter of the book that she has posted at her site and I'm having a hard time waiting now. :whistling:

Here's the link if you want to read the chapter. http://www.charlaineharris.com/fromdead.html (http://www.charlaineharris.com/fromdead.html)

Is it May yet?? Please let it by May!Beggin' Smilie

DavidsGirl841444
January 11th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Sorry to be the one to tell you but not may yet. Still in January. And yeah Billmakes me happy.

bittenbybooks
January 11th, 2008, 07:24 PM
It will be May soon though! :)

DavidsGirl841444
January 11th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah but alot longer then april thats for sure.

bittenbybooks
January 11th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Yeah but alot longer then april thats for sure.

True, true! ;)

DavidsGirl841444
January 11th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I am glad it is coming soon I mean soon my pile will be short and i need something to up lift it.

bittenbybooks
January 11th, 2008, 08:48 PM
I am glad it is coming soon I mean soon my pile will be short and i need something to up lift it.

I just read the first chapter and it looks like it is going to be good!

My pile is never short, but I always make room for new releases. LOL

You may like the book I am reading now. Eternal by VK Forrest. It is pretty good.

DavidsGirl841444
January 22nd, 2008, 12:05 PM
Gotta take a look at it.

Karenne
January 22nd, 2008, 01:45 PM
Oh yeah! You do because you are going to love it!Bouncy Icon Smilie

(sigh...nope not May yet)