PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Exotica

HeartFelt Promos
April 17th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Author's Post your Contemporary excepts here with links to you site for readers!
Thanks
Karen

Linda L Lattimer
June 15th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Hmmm, no contemporary exotica lying around anywhere that needs a nice little excerpt to be posted? All of us are waiting, so send them on. :o

Sarah_Dobbs
July 19th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Hi all, I have a contemporary erotic romance out. I can't be the only one!
-----------

Game, Set, Love-Match by Sarah Dobbs. (Rated 4 cups here on CTR)
Siren Publishing.
Paperback $12.99 on Amazon.
http://www.sirenpub.com
Win a free ebook at: http://www.sarahdobbs.com

Blurb:

Sometimes, mistakes are the best things in life.

When Cassie Miller jets off to the remote island of Los Tiqos, she expects to get an exclusive scoop with a reclusive artist. Instead, she finds arrogant tennis ace Filippo Fernandez.

There’s no doubt he’s gorgeous, but Cassie is not in the mood for men. Never mind that she’s wasted a fortune getting here. The worsening storm means she can’t get away. The only protection she has is a leaky, old guest house. Well, that and a candlestick. Having mistaken Filippo, who has only come to check on her, for an intruder, Cassie feels incredibly guilty.

They fight their way through the storm to the safety of Filippo’s villa. Maybe it is the lightning, or the electricity crackling between them, but Cassie submits to the desires she’s long tried to deny.

But what happens on the morning after when the storm clears?

Linda L Lattimer
July 20th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Hi Sarah
Love the blurb. I must admit I read your book and did enjoy it. I hope to see more of your works. This one was an enjoyable read in case anyone out there has not read it yet.
;D ;)

Sarah_Dobbs
July 21st, 2006, 06:21 AM
Thanks Linda! I'm so pleased you enjoyed it. I've another one coming out with Freya's Bower called The Perfect Man at the end of the month. I'll post an excerpt to that, too! ;)

Linda L Lattimer
July 26th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Hi Sarah

I will look forward to it, thanks for letting me know

Linda ::) ;)

Sarah_Dobbs
August 6th, 2006, 09:27 PM
The Perfect Man - Sarah Dobbs
Freya's Bower (http://www.freyasbower.com
$5.75
http://www.sarahdobbs.com

The Perfect Man was released today! Here's a snippet, as promised. Hope you enjoy it!

Sarah
-----------------
Harriet's neck tingled when John pushed his fingers into her hair, thumb grazing her cheek. A sparkle kiss. She hadn't had a sparkle kiss since Richard. When they finally parted, Harriet rolled her lips inwards, as if to remember the taste. She suddenly found the cream throw thoroughly absorbing. Anything rather than look into those eyes. If she looked up, she couldn't be held responsible for her actions - which would include: tearing off his clothes stripper-style and wrapping her legs around him like a monkey on a tree in a hurricane.

"I've been wanting to do that all week you know? You make me feel giddy. But I wouldn't... God, a salesman tongue-tied. Do you see what you're doing to me?"

Oh I'm not doing anything yet, mate. "What do you mean?"

"I'm just trying to say, I think we could be good together and I wouldn't want to rush things."

Bastard. Now I have to sleep with him.

"Are you sure?"

Harriet got up off the couch and grabbed John's tie. The look in his eyes gave her the confidence to give him the I-Want-You gaze.

"God, you're gorgeous. What are you doing in Manchester?"

She tapped his nose with her finger. "Seducing you."

He laughed. "Well, you belong somewhere glamorous, like Milan or Paris."

"What can I say, I like the rain? And I'm a sucker for tongue-tied salesmen, particularly when I'm responsible for the tying up." She tugged on the tie, thinking of all the other things she could do with it. John stood, towering over her despite her boots. She placed one palm on his chest. Let it run downwards, over his stomach, towards his belt.

Bumpy? Could it be...?

Harriet did it again.

Finally, a man with actual pecs. This should be good.

Harriet's heart raced faster. She'd never had a one-night stand and the logical part of her brain was winking red: Caution! Situation I will regret imminent. John could just be saying all the right things. It didn't mean she would ever see him again.

But her body wouldn't listen. And that was part of the thrill. She loosened the silver tie, keeping John's eyes. They seemed to glitter darkly with lust, entranced with her taking command. He seemed confident enough to let her do it all. But Harriet knew it wouldn't be too long before John took over.

For now, she was happy to do the work.

Harriet undid his shirt buttons. She parted the black fabric to reveal a chest that belonged in a music video.

"Jesus."

He raised one eyebrow. "What?"

She looked at him sideways. "Like you don't know." Harriet slipped the shirt off John's powerful shoulders and let it drop to the floor. She took a step back, looked up at John briefly, and raised her own top over her head. That joined John's shirt on the floor. She breathed in nervously as his eyes took in her body. She reached up and unpinned her hair, but the clip snagged. Coffee Girl's attempt to seduce Model Man? Failed. She tried to rip it out, without showing how much it hurt.

John reached behind her and freed it easily. He ran the diamonte clip over her nose, the centre of her mouth, between her breasts. It gently nicked her bare skin.

"Everyone in that restaurant was looking at you," he murmured. "I can't believe you're here with me."

Knees weakening! Was the guy wearing an ear-piece, getting fed great chat-up, skirt-down lines from his own personal Cupid, or what?

John's fingers found their place in the niche between Harriet's ribs and hips. He guided her towards him, and she suddenly felt intensely shy. She fed herself some lines: Keep going girl. You can do it. Do it for the pecs! Biting her lip, she took John's tie and pulled it over her own head. He shook his head and cupped her face in both hands. Again, that perfect kiss. Her nipples hardened, brushing lightly against his smooth chest.

"I'm never going to get these boots off," she whispered.

"You'll have to leave them on then, won't you?"

Linda L Lattimer
August 7th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Sara, sounds great! thanks for letting us know about the release

Linda 8)

lcsamano
February 3rd, 2007, 11:31 AM
The Perfect Man - Sarah Dobbs
Freya's Bower (http://www.freyasbower.com
$5.75
http://www.sarahdobbs.com

The Perfect Man was released today! Here's a snippet, as promised. Hope you enjoy it!

Sarah
-----------------
Harriet's neck tingled when John pushed his fingers into her hair, thumb grazing her cheek. A sparkle kiss. She hadn't had a sparkle kiss since Richard. When they finally parted, Harriet rolled her lips inwards, as if to remember the taste. She suddenly found the cream throw thoroughly absorbing. Anything rather than look into those eyes. If she looked up, she couldn't be held responsible for her actions - which would include: tearing off his clothes stripper-style and wrapping her legs around him like a monkey on a tree in a hurricane.

"I've been wanting to do that all week you know? You make me feel giddy. But I wouldn't... God, a salesman tongue-tied. Do you see what you're doing to me?"

Oh I'm not doing anything yet, mate. "What do you mean?"

"I'm just trying to say, I think we could be good together and I wouldn't want to rush things."

Bastard. Now I have to sleep with him.

"Are you sure?"

Harriet got up off the couch and grabbed John's tie. The look in his eyes gave her the confidence to give him the I-Want-You gaze.

"God, you're gorgeous. What are you doing in Manchester?"

She tapped his nose with her finger. "Seducing you."

He laughed. "Well, you belong somewhere glamorous, like Milan or Paris."

"What can I say, I like the rain? And I'm a sucker for tongue-tied salesmen, particularly when I'm responsible for the tying up." She tugged on the tie, thinking of all the other things she could do with it. John stood, towering over her despite her boots. She placed one palm on his chest. Let it run downwards, over his stomach, towards his belt.

Bumpy? Could it be...?

Harriet did it again.

Finally, a man with actual pecs. This should be good.

Harriet's heart raced faster. She'd never had a one-night stand and the logical part of her brain was winking red: Caution! Situation I will regret imminent. John could just be saying all the right things. It didn't mean she would ever see him again.

But her body wouldn't listen. And that was part of the thrill. She loosened the silver tie, keeping John's eyes. They seemed to glitter darkly with lust, entranced with her taking command. He seemed confident enough to let her do it all. But Harriet knew it wouldn't be too long before John took over.

For now, she was happy to do the work.

Harriet undid his shirt buttons. She parted the black fabric to reveal a chest that belonged in a music video.

"Jesus."

He raised one eyebrow. "What?"

She looked at him sideways. "Like you don't know." Harriet slipped the shirt off John's powerful shoulders and let it drop to the floor. She took a step back, looked up at John briefly, and raised her own top over her head. That joined John's shirt on the floor. She breathed in nervously as his eyes took in her body. She reached up and unpinned her hair, but the clip snagged. Coffee Girl's attempt to seduce Model Man? Failed. She tried to rip it out, without showing how much it hurt.

John reached behind her and freed it easily. He ran the diamonte clip over her nose, the centre of her mouth, between her breasts. It gently nicked her bare skin.

"Everyone in that restaurant was looking at you," he murmured. "I can't believe you're here with me."

Knees weakening! Was the guy wearing an ear-piece, getting fed great chat-up, skirt-down lines from his own personal Cupid, or what?

John's fingers found their place in the niche between Harriet's ribs and hips. He guided her towards him, and she suddenly felt intensely shy. She fed herself some lines: Keep going girl. You can do it. Do it for the pecs! Biting her lip, she took John's tie and pulled it over her own head. He shook his head and cupped her face in both hands. Again, that perfect kiss. Her nipples hardened, brushing lightly against his smooth chest.

"I'm never going to get these boots off," she whispered.

"You'll have to leave them on then, won't you?"

Can't wait to get my hands on this book. It looks very interesting. Are you in the middle of a new book right now or are you getting read for one to come out. I can't wait to read more by you.

Anna Fallon
June 22nd, 2007, 12:30 AM
OOOh pick me, pick me I have one, actually two...snippets of my stories just out in Midnight Raunch Digest. I have two stories in it, one is a bonus short.

Excerpt from A Slave To Love

His lips gently brushed hers, the softness of his tongue ran over the outline of her mouth. Her heart skipped a beat as he nibbled so gently. Rick knew how to make her feel cherished. When she pleased him, he showered her with sweetness. When she displeased him, Rick’s ways of punishment took Marissa to the edge of sexual extremes. Then he held her and lavished her with tenderness, Marissa could not imagine ever being with anyone else. And yes, just like today, she sometimes purposely displeased him. Admitting she was a dirty slut who loved to get nasty was half the fun.
“Good girl. Now, how are you, my lovely?” His fingers played over the front of her silk top, her nipples forced hard against the material. Kissing her gently again, roaming his tongue softly around the crevices of her open mouth. Opening her mouth to him completely, Marissa throbbed with desire.
“I’m fine, thank you, Rick. How are you?” Her laughter as sweet as a babbling brook, Rick smiled. He did love her, very much.
The thought of losing her frightened him. Insecurities convinced him a creature as gorgeous as Marissa would never stay with someone like him of her own accord. But here she was. None of his previous girlfriend’s possessed the courage or strength to submit. He would never hurt Marissa, Rick took care not to push her too far, too soon. Today would see if she truly loved and trusted him. Today would prove once and for all, if the last three months would become permanent and perhaps the massive solitaire diamond ring in his pocket could find its way onto her perfect finger.
“Ah my love, I am fine now thatI am here with you.” Rick usually made himself late because he stood watching her. Amazed at her beauty and the things she allowed him to do, her willingness to please. You could never pretend to be a submissive; subs had a will to serve and please, it was the thing that made them happiest. It wasn’t about weakness. His hands lingered on her pert ass cheeks, squeezing his appreciation of her rock hard, muscular body.
Closing her eyes, knowing what was ahead, Marissa braced herself. Stopping his hands on the seam of her underwear, Rick’s hand quickly traveled back up and gathered a handful of hair.
Read More... (http://www.midnightshowcase.com/Raunch1.htm)

Master Husband-Bonus Short
Apart from the one set of tracks, it looked to be undisturbed. Must have been a lucky guess then. The other bike went out of sight now, but this trail held the only way in or out of the clearing, so Steven knew he had whoever it was cornered. It briefly occurred to him this could be quite a dangerous situation, being alone. He decided not to step away from his cycle. At least then he could use the emergency tracking switch if he needed sudden back-up. For now, he would play it cool; his eleven years experience as a cop taught him to be careful.
Once the clearing opened up he saw the black bike parked in the middle of the grassed area. The rider still sat on the bike, facing Steven. Steven stopped short of pulling up beside the other bike. He wanted to make sure he was first in line to the exit should he need to make a hasty retreat. But he was close enough to be able to hear the rider speak and get a good identification. As it was late in the day, he decided a warning to stop the dangerous riding in this area might be enough. Pulling his helmet off his head Steven spoke in his best authoritative voice.
“Pretty dangerous riding back there. I could take you in for
speeding.”
The other rider said nothing, just shrugged.
“Do you have anything to say for yourself? You Hell’s Riders have been a problem lately. That stops today. With me.” Steven watched as the rider stepped off the bike and stood beside it, legs apart. Over six foot tall, by the looks of it and for the first time Steven realized the black boots were thigh highs with criss-cross laces up the front and eight inch platform soles. Jesus, he thought and swallowed hard. Trying to keep his composure, he repeated his question, “I asked if you had anything to say?”
The rider facing him nodded, helmet still in place, and turned.
Steven almost cried out when he saw bare ass cheeks protruding from the leather pants. The rounded shape of the cheeks confirmed this to be a female. The material wasn’t there. And neither was any underwear by the look of it.
Story blurbs
Slave To Love, Anna Fallon
When the end of submissive Marissa’s three-month trial period with Dominant lover Rick nears, she’s ready to do anything to see
that he keeps her.
Master Husband, Anna Fallon
Becoming a motorcycle cop might prove very exciting indeed for Steven Barret. His fetish for leather comes out with a surprising
gang member.
Orola, the Warrior Priestess, The Kiir, Herbert Grosshans
She found shelter and love when she needed it. For a short time, she was happy and ecstatic to be part of a miraculous
transformation.
Buttered Fingers, Mae Powers
Kitty wanted to make her fantasy a reality; but she needed to find just the right man for her unusual, but pleasurable whim.
Getting It On, Mae Powers
Johnny has desired Sarah for a long time now. He’d love to make this hot babe completely his. Problem: Does she want him too?
Ten and Counting, Randall Lang
It’s been ten years since she has seen her old school friend. Their reunion ignites V-E-R-Y adult feelings, and in a restaurant
of all places.

A.E. Rought
June 22nd, 2007, 10:07 AM
I guess if I knew exactly what contemporary exotica was, I might dig something up... Anyone wanna help a noob out??

Anna Fallon
June 22nd, 2007, 09:04 PM
Contemporary is set in modern times like today. Is that what you meant? LOL I'm probably way off

Dani
June 22nd, 2007, 11:11 PM
Your excerpts are great! I can't wait to read the rest of the stories. Alas, so many great things to read, so little money...LOL The story of my life when there are such great authors out there! Keep up the excellent writing ladies!

Anna Fallon
June 23rd, 2007, 02:27 AM
Thank you so much. I so pleased you liked them. If it helps Midnight Showcase have a sale on all there e-books until September. Novels and digest are all going out at $4.00 each and the short story Romps are priced at $2.00.

You'll find this digest on the homepage www.midnightshowcase.com (http://www.midnightshowcase.com)

I know my TBR list seems to get another two on the bottom as I get one off the top LOL. I wish I didn't know so many great writers!

Karenne
June 23rd, 2007, 04:48 PM
Sale (perks up) did you say Sale?

Always love a good sale!:yes:

Anna Fallon
June 23rd, 2007, 06:30 PM
yep sale...that word is like the word chocolate. The mere sound of it perks us up. hehe

Dani
June 23rd, 2007, 07:33 PM
Isn't that the truth! Sale and chocolate are always words to get my ears to perk up. It's so sad, but oh so true.

Anna Fallon
June 23rd, 2007, 07:46 PM
:notworthy: Imagine a sale on chocolate!

Dani
June 23rd, 2007, 08:27 PM
May I just say...YUM!!! :tt1: I'd be there with bells on buying what I could. My butt would get big and my doctor would be screaming at me, but I'd love every minute of all that chocolate.

MimiRiser
September 1st, 2007, 06:37 PM
"Long ago he stole her innocence. Now he's back for the rest of her..."

ROMEO'S REVENGE by Mimi Riser
(contemporary comedy erotic-romance / heat level 3)
Available NOW from Amber Heat (http://www.amberquill.com/AmberHeat/RomeosRevenge.html)

http://amberquill.com/AmberHeat/pics/med_RomeosRevenge.jpg

BLURB:
Twenty years ago, Giorgio and Angel starred in Romeo and Juliet, and
their offstage affair ended almost as tragically as the play's. True,
he let his father drive them apart, but the secret "Juliet" took with
her when she left has kept them apart. Or so Angel thinks. How could she
guess "Romeo" has a secret, too? What is she to think when he grabs
her from their high school reunion and carries her off to his bed?
Certainly not that he wants her back. More likely this is the madman's
way of paying her back. Definitely, Angel's in deep trouble now, about
to go straight up in smoke as old passions flare to life. Will she
find a way past the Past? Or will her heart be broken again while the
rest of her fries to a cinder? All she knows is whoever said "revenge
is a dish best served cold" never had to deal with the scorching
Giorgio Lorenza.

===========================
EXCERPT:

...His house? Not in this lifetime.

Angel bit back a scream as he made a sharp U-turn in front of oncoming
traffic. Her fingernails dug gouges in the upholstery of the bucket
seat into which she was strapped. "Like hell I'm going to your house.
I'm getting out of this car. Now. Even if I have to jump."

She fumbled to release the catch of her seatbelt.

Giorgio's hand closed over hers, stopping her. "Don't you think you're
being a little melodramatic?"

No, she didn't think so. She knew so. That was one of the effects he
had on her. After all, it was in drama class that he'd first noticed
her, right? It was her acting skills he'd first admired.

She jerked her hands free from his. "I can't help it. You bring out
the drama queen in me."

"I'll bring out more than that before this reunion is through."

The way he said it, she doubted he meant their high school class
reunion either. They were driving away from the high school--which
suited her fine since she hadn't wanted to see the damn place anyway.
But where they were headed suited her even less.

If they were headed toward a personal reunion, that was.

Heat and cold together rose in her at the thought--warm waves of desire
mixed with icy prickles of dread. She must be misreading him. He
hadn't loved her before, hadn't contacted her in all the time
since--two frigging decades. He couldn't possibly be suggesting now
that they...

She shook her head. "Why are you doing this? We haven't seen each
other in years, for God's sake. And we didn't exactly part on the best
of terms, in case you've forgotten. How the hell do you expect me to
react?"

He reached for her hand again, found it. Her breath hitched as his
fingers curled around hers. Electric shivers shot up her arm and,
damn, but she sensed he felt them, too.

"That's how," he said.

Which meant what? That he wanted her to tremble like this? He expected
her to go all weak-kneed and weak-headed for him again?... Oh, God, this
was leading somewhere she didn't want to go. She struggled to pull
away her hand.

He hung on. "I remember what happened before. I don't expect you to
believe this, but it wasn't any easier for me than it was for you."

"You're right. I don't believe you."

"Fine. You'd better believe this, though." His grip tightened and he
drew her hand straight to his stick shift. Not the Jaguar's, the one
between his legs. "Feel that?"

Holy shit. How could she miss it? She battled for breath as he pressed
her palm against his erection. A very large, very hard erection. Like
a nightmare and a dream come true, his husky voice echoed in her ears.

"I still want you, Angel. And you can deny it up, down, and sideways,
but I think you want me, too."

She wasn't denying it, damn it. She knew she wanted him, had known it
since his eyes met hers in the parking lot outside the school. She
just didn't want to want him. That was the problem. Limp as a noodle,
she collapsed back in her seat when he released her hand.

"I've gone insane, that's what I think." She groaned with the words.
"God, I have such a headache."

Giorgio chuckled. "And we're not even married yet. I thought that
excuse was reserved for longtime wives."

With a smooth twist of the wheel, he turned the Jaguar onto a circular
driveway before a huge white Victorian, and braked to a halt. His
passenger was out of her seatbelt, out of the remains of her shoes,
out the door, and running across an expanse of green velvet lawn in
her stocking feet before the car's engine shut off.

Marriage? Cripes, she wasn't insane. He was.

"Angel!" The madman raced after her and caught her by the arm as she
darted through a break in the hedge that separated his yard from the
neighbors--who appeared to be in the middle of a pool party. The pool
in question being smack on the other side of the hedge.

Two splashes sounded as Angel tripped on the rim and belly-flopped
into the pool's center, taking Giorgio, hanging onto her arm, with her.

Raucous applause greeted them when they crawled, dripping, out onto
the ground and staggered to their feet.

"Just like when we played Romeo and Juliet," Giorgio muttered. He
grabbed her shoulders and pushed her back through the hedge.

She shook him off. "Hell, we never got cheers that loud after the show."

"Only because you didn't wear a thong then."

Angel stopped in mid-step to glance at herself. Shit. In all the
activity, her snug little designer dress had ridden up, giving a new
crowd an eyeful of her scanty panties. She made a strangling noise in
her throat and tugged down the skirt again.

"I liked it better the other way," Giorgio said.

The man had a real death wish, didn't he?

Shoving past, she beat him to the Jaguar. Please let the keys be in
the ignition. If they were, she could steal the thing and drive
herself back to the school and her Mercedes. She'd had all the fun she
could stand for one reunion.

But the keys weren't in the ignition. Damn. She'd have to call Tina on
her cell, and demand a rescue. Except...

Her cell was in her purse.

Which had gone swimming with her.

It probably wouldn't work now, would it?

"Fuck." It was a sign of her upset that she said the word. She used
the nastier curses only when she was really, really pissed. "Fuck,
fuck, fuck!"

"Good idea." Giorgio's voice sounded from behind her. "Let's slip out
of these wet clothes and into something warm and dry. Like my bed..."

===========================
Read more on the story's page at AMBER HEAT (http://www.amberquill.com/AmberHeat/RomeosRevenge.html)

Thanks for letting me share,
Mimi :)

Tara S Nichols
September 1st, 2007, 11:32 PM
i have four I'm waiting to hear replies back from but nothing i can hand out yet. Hope for me, then i'll dish.

Dani
September 2nd, 2007, 12:11 AM
I'll be hoping for you cause I love to hear people dish!! :whoohoo:

Tara S Nichols
September 2nd, 2007, 12:43 PM
"Oasis of My Heart" Might just be exotica. It has some steamy sex scenes that is for sure and it is contemporary... so here goes!!

“When Sadie found the hat, he had to hide his smirk. It was all going according to plan. She held it out for him, looking pleased. He smiled slyly, but instead of taking the hat, Dustin moved toward her slowly, deliberately. He gazed at her intently, wanting her to understand he meant to seduce her. Reaching out, he took her hand, leaving the hat still in her grasp. He turned her hand over gently so her wrist was facing up, then he slid his fingers along the tender skin he found there. Then, still staring deep into her eyes, he traced a heart with one finger ever so lightly. She started to pull back, but he held her fast. Her eyes darted up, and she looked up at him in alarm. He lowered his head and lightly kissed her wrist where he had drawn the heart.
“Thank you,” he murmured, his voice husky.
She made a small squeak, as though she was about to say something, but it caught in her throat. He kissed her wrist again, this time allowing his lips to linger, to feel the heat emanating from her, to inhale the natural scent of her. The effect she had on him made it impossible for him to hide his attraction for her. If he wasn’t careful, he could become consumed by it.
He slowly straightened and stood so he was only a few inches away from her. Standing this close, he could see the swell of her sun-kissed breasts down the V of her shirt. He let his eyes linger there, wanting her to know he was admiring her, admiring them, wanting them.
He urged her closer until her breasts pressed against his chest, pushing them up even higher. She was breathing quicker now, and her eyes were still wide with apprehension, but she didn’t protest. With his free hand, he cupped her thigh and pushed her leg up and against him so she could feel the effect she had on him. With his groin against her leg, she was sure to feel the bulge against her inner thigh. He wanted her to know how she made him feel, how hard he got when he was around her. Yes, he thought, seeing her eyes widen, she felt it. She licked her lips nervously, her upper teeth biting into her lower lip. The effect this had on him brought a rush of blood to his groin. He was aware of his own rapid breathing, and he struggled to contain it.
Taking the hat from her, he set it lightly on her head and lowered both her arms to her sides, loosely bringing them behind her back so her breasts were brought forward. His fingers brushed against her buttocks. She continued to look up at him, her blue eyes now questioning and slightly confused. He wanted to urge her down to the ground right there, tear away her clothes and satisfy his desire for her. He wanted to do this more than anything. He lowered his head to her ear and murmured, “Now that I’m in your debt, how would you like me to repay you?”
To his surprise, she jerked away from him. She stood back, a wild look blazing in her eyes. Perhaps that was too much charm, he thought, slightly amused. He noticed she rubbed her wrists as though he had hurt her, but he knew he hadn’t been rough, and she was shivering visibly. He frowned, slightly alarmed. Had it just been too intense? he wondered.
“Sadie?” he said, stepping toward her. He wanted to go back to the blissful place they had been just seconds ago. He reached out, but she evaded him and took another step back.
“No, don’t. I…I have work I still need to do,” she said abruptly.
That was a poor excuse if he’d ever heard one. He had gotten to her. She was resisting him because she was turned on and didn’t want to admit it. Sadie the Siren was feeling things for him that she would rather keep to herself. Well, not today, baby. He would break down that barrier she kept putting up between them if it took the rest of his life, and he’d have fun doing it, too.
“Really?” he said hungrily, advancing another step. “I could let you get back to your work if you promise to go out with me later this evening.”
“No,” she said flatly. “No. And I mean it. And I don’t like being bossed around like this.”
“You think I’m being bossy?” he said, startled by her accusation.
She hesitated then nodded.
Bossy? He repeated the word over in his mind, trying to think how he had come across as officious. Perhaps she didn’t like it when he had restrained her; that did seem to be when she had first pulled back. Up until then, she was all for it. With the wind knocked out of him, he let his hands drop to his sides. Either way, she was clearly sending him packing. Other than arguing about it with her, there was no point in pursuing it right now.
She tossed his hat to him, and he caught it without thinking. Before he could say another word, she turned her back to him, her arms crossed over her chest, and walked along the narrow path back toward her house.
“Sadie…I…” he started then let his words trail off. He wanted to explain, to ask what was wrong, but he felt like that would be pushing her. He was confused, and he wanted answers. It didn’t make sense to him. So she wasn’t ready. Not yet. He’d keep at her, though. He’d break through that shyness, and he’d satisfy his lust for her. He’d just try a different, softer approach.
“Okay.” He shrugged nonchalantly. “For now. But I intend to ask you again.”
She didn’t respond.
He left then, walking away without another look back. He desperately wanted to glance over his shoulder to see if she was watching him, but he wouldn’t reward her with the knowledge that he was feeling insecure. She wasn’t predictable, that was for sure, and he wasn’t used to feeling insecure.”

Available through http://www.cobblestone-press.com

Dani
September 2nd, 2007, 10:22 PM
This was a great excerpt Tara!! BouncyBunny

Thanks so much for posting it for everyone to read.:whoohoo:

taylortryst
September 17th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Hi everyone,

My e-book, Leather & Lace was just released from Ellora's Cave.

You can view my website at: www.taylortryst.com (http://www.taylortryst.com) or go to www.ellorascave.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=9781419912511&Page=Page1 (http://www.ellorascave.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=9781419912511&Page=Page1) to buy now.

Here's an excerpt from Leather & Lace. Hope you enjoy. It's hot, so reader beware!

Leather and Lace
ISBN 9781419912511
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Leather and Lace Copyright © 2007 Taylor Tryst
Edited by Helen Woodall.
Cover art by Croco.
Electronic book Publication September 2007

Cleo was so wet, and as they stumbled up the staircase, their fingers interlaced, she was unable to tear her mouth from his. He was like fire, and the worst of it was that she wanted to be burned.
His flesh was hot to the touch, and his mouth, dear God in heaven, thank you for that amazing mouth.
Exploring, sampling, taunting. She wondered if he tasted this delicious all over and desperately hoped she’d find out.
He stepped into the living room, heading for a black leather sofa and reaching up to loosen his tie.
"No," Cleo scolded. "Don’t." She knocked his hand away. She wanted to be the one who undressed him, wanted to be the one in control.
She was always in control and didn’t plan to give it up anytime soon. It was how she’d stayed alive in her line of work. How she kept her heart from being broken for so many years.
Though part of her wanted to give this man everything, to allow him to control her, her mind screamed out, demanding that she employ the only survival method that had worked all of these years.
If she was going to do this, she decided, she planned to enjoy the hell out of it and do it her way.
"Sit," Cleo demanded, motioning Luke toward her black leather sofa.
Luke was so prim and proper in his expensive suit and those designer shoes. She wanted to tear away the layers of control that he prided himself in, and draw out the real Lukas Lace.
Oh, he checked that shit, all right. He was certain to keep it hidden, to keep his emotions hidden behind lock and key and hide what he really wanted from everyone.
He spent his entire life doing what his father had wanted him to do and being polite and proper, as his mother had required. Business and etiquette classes by age ten. He was a fine young man.
He was the perfect son, the perfect boss and the perfect executive but Cleo needed to be the one woman who drove him over the edge. The one woman who helped him break all of those stuffy rules.
In her book, rules didn’t apply.

Cleo’d had a desperate desire to peel off those clothes the minute she’d seen him. To ruin that good-boy image he so dutifully portrayed. She put her foot on the arm of the couch and bent forward to unbuckle her stiletto.
"No," Luke said, shaking his head. "Don’t."
Oh, Mr. Lace wanted to play. Cleo smiled wickedly. She was very good at playing games.
"I said sit," she countered. He reached for her wrist but she palmed his chest and gave him a shove. She pushed him back into the sofa and bit her bottom lip.
She wasn’t one of his minions.
She wasn’t one of the women who threw themselves at his feet. She would do as she pleased and he would like it.
She’d see to that.
"I’ll come," he warned her as she straddled his lap and he hissed as if in physical pain. He ran his palms over her thighs.
"You’re so hard," Cleo whispered, grinding against his cock.
"I want you," he growled. "I can’t remember the last time I wanted anyone like this." He tugged on her hair, pulling her head back and leaning in to kiss her neck.
Cleo moaned as his lips found her bare skin.
"Maybe never," he told her.
Cleo pulled back and nipped his lower lip, staring boldly into his eyes, eyes that were flickering with blue flame.
She grasped his face between her palms and shoved her tongue into his mouth.
The kiss was deep and fast, hard and thorough. Panting, gasping for air, they consumed, feeding off one another as if giving life.
Cleo ground her hips against the bulge in his pants. Hearts racing, she lost all conscious thought.
"Jesus, Mary and Joseph—" Luke tore his mouth from hers. He squeezed her hips, trying to get control.
If this kept up, he definitely wouldn’t last more than five seconds. He was a grown man, for God’s sake, not some pubescent teen on his first date.
Premature ejaculation wasn’t something he’d had to consider since Rebecca Ross in junior high. Not even then, when the mere sight of female flesh sent him over the edge, had he been so out of control, reacted so primitively.
Luke closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He attempted to ignore the rock-hard boner that was trying to pull an Incredible Hulk and rip its way out of his pants.
It had been too long since he’d had sex and this woman was unlike any he’d ever encountered. Couldn’t even be compared.

It was as if there had been no one before and there’d be no one after, for either of them.
The air filled with her flowery scent and he ran his hands down the long arch of her back and to the slope of her ass.
The moment he’d laid eyes on her in the lobby of his office building that morning—and yes, he was certain it had been her—he’d felt the earth shift around him like there’d been a quake.
She’d disappeared in the crowd and now that he had found her, she wasn’t getting away.
Fate had brought them together. Luke never challenged fate.
Her skin was creamy, as pale as midnight moonlight and her features cut with razor-sharp angles that took her beauty to a whole new level.
She wasn’t a perfect ten with the thin, gaunt look a model was required to maintain. She didn’t have perfect bone structure and there was no delicacy there.
Only dramatic strength. From the slash of her cheekbones, to arched brows that framed her emerald eyes burning with flecks of gold and brown, she was all power and intensity.
Cleo reached down between them and ran her hand over the bulge in his pants, tracing the outline of his cock beneath the fine fabric of his suit.
"No—" Luke shuddered. He grabbed her by the wrist and shook his head, pleasure so powerful it was almost painful filling his body and soul. "I’ll come…"
He had to take control or this was finished and he’d disappoint her. Disappoint them both.
He released her and drove his hands through her glorious hair. He pulled her into him, bucking his hips and capturing her mouth with his for a punishing kiss.
God, he loved her hair, her amazing body, the taste of her mouth.
He drove his tongue against hers, battling to take control. Tasting, seeking and feeding off her succulent flavor.
Cleo nipped his bottom lip, fighting him for control. She was making a power play but she was failing to control the zone, Luke thought with a half-smile.
Luke slid his hands up her athletic thighs and gripped her hips, pulling her against his throbbing cock, dry-humping her.
"Bed?" he commanded. He stood so suddenly that she gasped. Her legs instinctively wrapped around his waist as he cupped her ass and held her against his cock.
No more teasing. He wanted to fuck her now. Had to have her. "Where…is…it?"
"Didn’t take you for the traditional type," Cleo teased, grabbing his bottom lip between her teeth and biting.

taylortryst
November 27th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone,

Hope that you're having a great holiday season so far.

Come to my home page, Taylor Tryst (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=389)and join in on my holiday poll. Tell me what the best, most romantic gift you've ever given is and the winner will win a small prize and be added to the interactive area of my website.

Thanks and happy holidays,

Taylor Tryst
www.taylortryst.com (http://www.taylortryst.com)

Leather and Lace
Buy Now (http://www.ellorascave.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=9781419912511&Page=Page1)

taylortryst
January 26th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Hi everyone,

I've had a bit of the winter blues and have been busy with research...so I've been out of touch.

Hope everyone is doing well. Anyone read anything great lately????

Taylor Tryst

www.taylortryst.com (http://www.taylortryst.com)

Karenne
January 26th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I get you on the winter blues. I am with you on that one.

Well hang out with us more..we will entertain you!Laugh it Up fuzball

Shelley Munro
January 29th, 2008, 03:18 AM
SUMMER IN THE CITY OF SAILS
by Shelley Munro

Sexual hunger stabbed at her mind, her body. All over. "Again,
Nikolai. Please."

His soft chuckle brought another shiver. His finger stroked again,
but this time instead of stopping, his digit continued its journey
and feathered over her needy clit. A jagged sensation streaked the
length of her body. Summer arched into his touch, aching for more,
for total, body-pulsing ecstasy.

"Greedy little thing," he mused.

"Not little," Summer panted.

"Notice you're not denying the greedy," Nikolai drawled, doing
another pass with his finger.

Bother the man. Not only was he teasing now, he was pushing her
higher. "Damn straight," she gritted out.

The third pass of his finger made tingles spring to life. They
spread outward from her clit in a soft wave. She bit her bottom lip,
preparing to fly, but the tingles dissolved, along with another
tingling roll like the end of a wave on its journey to the shore.
Disappointment bopped her over the head and brought a frown to the
surface. Heck, was that it? Summer relaxed in Nikolai's hold, her
gaze remaining locked to his.

"At last," he muttered in a guttural voice. "Surrender."

Before she could react, he lifted her higher and sealed his mouth
around her clit. A gentle flick of his tongue against her swollen
core brought the fizzing anticipation back to the fore. Her hips
jerked as he flailed her clitoris. Once. Twice. Three times. Summer
exploded with a wallop of heat, shards of sensation rocketing to
every pleasure point in her body.

Gradually, she came to her body again. She'd kept her eyes on
Nikolai the whole time, but only now did she register the fiery heat
and promise in his eyes.

"Tell me you have condoms," he said in a hoarse voice.

Summer batted her eyelids at him. "If I were a teaser, I'd say no,
but I wouldn't do that sort of thing to you."

"Only because you want me to fuck you," he muttered, a tide of red
highlighting his cheekbones.

Summer nodded thoughtfully, and manfully hid her smirk. "Yes, there
is that. Top drawer, in the cellophane bag."

Nikolai lowered her hips to the mattress then bounded off the bed.
He yanked the wooden drawer open, rifled through the bag, and pulled
out the unopened box Summer had purchased that afternoon. He turned
to her with a frown, totally unconscious of his body in a way that
Summer really admired. From this angle, his cock appeared huge. Pre-
cum glistened on the tip, and just like that, Summer was hot, achy
and desperate for his touch.

"Hurry," she urged.

His brows shot up toward his hairline. "Glow-in-the-dark, Summer?"

"Yeah."

"Neon green?"

"It was a toss up between glow-in-the-dark, chocolate flavored or
raised dots for great stimulation."

"What happened to normal, everyday condoms?"

"They left along with your sense of adventure?"

Nikolai ripped open the packet and pulled out a foil-covered square.
For a few seconds, he stared at the bright green package. Then he
glared at her. "You tell anyone about this, I'll deny it."

"I wouldn't dare," Summer deadpanned.

Nikolai barred a set of white teeth in a low growl, but Summer saw
the humor lurking beneath. Physically, the man was much bigger than
her but his size didn't inspire fear. "On your stomach," he ordered.

"Up on all fours."

"Oh! A new position."

"Yeah, the spanking position," Nikolai drawled. "Because I sure as
hell haven't met any woman who needs a spanking more than you."

"I've heard across the man's knees is better."

Nikolai groaned and shook his head. "If you don't shut up, I'm gonna
gag you as well."

"Tie me up? Oh, I like the sound of that!" Summer cooed.

The foil wrapper crackled as he tore it open. A snort escaped, and
Summer noticed another imperceptible shake of his head. "They're the
color of an ogre," he muttered.

An imp rattled Summer's cage. "Is that what you call it?" She stared
fixedly at his cock, taking delight in the twitch she
witnessed. "Ogre."

"Your mother didn't wash your mouth out nearly enough."

"Enough that I don't like the taste of soap."

Nikolai rolled the condom on and prowled to the edge of the bed.

Summer flicked off the bedside lamp. She stared at his erection, a
long, thick batten that glowed soft, neon green. "They work!"

The disapproving snort of a man pushed almost to the limits bounced
off her bedroom walls. Summer grinned and decided to act the
submissive. Just for the moment. She shifted onto her side and then
moved to her knees, still smirking. Nikolai cupped the round globes
of her buttocks, his thumbs skirting close to the entrance of her
vagina. Juices surged at his touch, and the laughter left her, a
groan trembling at her lips instead.

"This is gonna be hard and quick," Nikolai muttered.

Available now in print and e-format
http://www.ellorascave.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=1-4199-0136-2 (http://www.ellorascave.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=1-4199-0136-2)

gincat61
January 29th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I'm just all thumbs (on both hands and toes) in terms of posting on the board!

My petit blurb:

A quest for power brings three succubi face to face with the one thing they don't need in their demonic lives.

My not so petit blurb and excerpt may be found on: http://www.darkedenpress.com/book_gin-glynn-dark-succubi.html

My Readers' Appreciation Contest with the gorgeous gem earrings may be found on:
http://ginnyourtea.blogspot.com for post January 22, 2008

Grins and Kisses,
Gin

Dani
January 29th, 2008, 03:03 PM
SUMMER IN THE CITY OF SAILS
by Shelley Munro

Available now in print and e-format
http://www.ellorascave.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=1-4199-0136-2 (http://www.ellorascave.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=1-4199-0136-2)

Ummm, Shelley, this was quite an excerpt. I think it just warmed the house up. Oh wait, that's me! :biggrin: