PDA

View Full Version : Liz Maverick

HeartFelt Promos
August 14th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Liz Maverick
http://www.lizmaverick.com/

Crimson Rogue
Pros:
Liz Maverick has created an alternate reality where Vampires, Werewolves, Humans, and maybe even Demons exist together. (I hope to find out more about the Demons in Cyd's story.) There's a hint of a watered down cyber punk feel to the book and the world Maverick created is interesting enough that I can't wait to read what the other authors in the series do with it.

Cons:
As a Romance the hero and heroine were a bit thin for my taste. I liked what I knew about them, but they were not fleshed out and actions they took in the story line didn't have the consequences that we were primed to expect. (I'd be more specific but don't want to give away a plot point.) I know that because it is a romance, things need to end happily ever after, that's one of the main reasons I read romances, but Maverick could have altered the story line a bit to make the conclusion more believable. Honestly, I found myself more interested in Marius' story than I was in the hero, Dain's, story.

Conclusion
Maverick set up interesting characters for future books in the series that I hope to meet again and it is a great sci-fi/fantasy, but not necessarily a great romance with sci-fi/fantasy elements

SERIES: CRIMSON CITY

Once, this was the City of Angels. The angels are no longer in charge.

From the extravagant appetites of the vampire world above, to the gritty defiance of the werewolves below, the specter of darkness lives around every corner, the hope of paradise in every heart. All walk freely with humans in a tentative peace, but to live in Los Angeles is to balance on the edge of a knife. One woman knows better than most that death lurks here in nights of bliss or hails of UV bullets. She’s about to be tested, to taste true thirst. She’s about to regain the power she’s long been denied. And Fleur Dumont is about to meet the one man who may understand her: a tormented protector who’s lost his way and all he loved.

Theirs is one tale of many. This is Crimson City, where desire meets danger and more than just the stars come out at night.

The Crimson City Series:

Book #1: Crimson City, by Liz Maverick
Book #2: A Taste of Crimson, by Marjorie M. Liu
Book #3: Through a Crimson Veil, by Patti O'Shea
Book #4: A Darker Crimson, by Carolyn Jewel
Book #5: Seduced by Crimson, by Jade Lee
Book #6: Crimson Rogue, by Liz Maverick

The Crimson City anthology, Shards of Crimson, WILL be on a shelf near you in 2007. All five authors on board. Woo-hoo!

Regina
August 14th, 2007, 09:49 PM
I read a few of the books in this series and while good, there were definitely stories that I liked better than others. Marjorie M. Liu's was the best I think. I haven't read any of Liz Maverick's but she does have a new one out that definitely looks to have that cyber punk feel the cover is sort animeish. LOL