PDA

View Full Version : This is me...

Scarlett Wilde
September 12th, 2007, 12:45 PM
I'm a 37 year old mother of three gorgeous (but hard work) kids. I'm married to an accountant but still have mounting debts. I have a mild form of ADD.

I've had some interesting jobs through the years being a mom is possibly the best - even if the hours suck, the vacation time is non-existant and the pay is utterly pathetic. I wouldn't swap being a mom with many things (except maybe a tub of Creme Brulee ice cream and a hot man to eat it off).

I started writing when I was about 15 to relieve boredom but my first big love is art. I went to art college at the age of 18 and feel that's when I started to really become the person I was meant to be. I have a diploma in fashion design but prefer life drawing and textiles. I have heaps of O'Levels and A'Levels - proving that I am complete nerd.

I started writing fanfics about 4-5 years ago, and that slowly altered into writing only original fiction, preferring paranormal romance/erotica thanks to a whole heap of encouraging praise from my readers. Most of the stuff I write is tucked away in notebooks - my preferred way of writing. I'm slowly getting the old stories typed up as I write new ones.

It's my dream to one day see a book I have written on the bookshop shelves. I'm getting closer and closer to that dream all the time - despite the people who seem to find a infinite amount of pleasure in putting me down. You know I always like to prove people wrong and jealousy doesn't go down well with me.

As I have already said, I prefer to write in notebooks and type up at my leisure. It means my updates are slower, but I edit as I type so it saves me time in the long-run. There's always method in my apparent madness. I never do anything or say anything without good reason - even if it looks slightly insane to other people.

I guess that's enough about me for now.

Karenne
September 12th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Welcome to the Group Scarlette!

You do have a busy life and yes...kids are hard work! I am with you on that one!

hopefully, you can find a relaxing atmosphere here in our forum!

Welcome to the family!Cheerleader

Linda L Lattimer
September 12th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Hi Scarlett, nice to have you aboard, I, too, have three children, and even though they are married now, it was hard work when they were home, at times, it is like they are still home, which I don't mind when they seek advice and stuff...I married very young and had my children young, and sometimes we were more like sisters than mom and daughters, it was fun...

I know one day you will have your book out there and I will look forward to reading it
Linda

CharmedGirl
September 12th, 2007, 08:25 PM
:welcome: Scarlette.

Have as much fun as everyone me and everyone else does at CTR. Can't wait to respond to some of your posts. :notworthy:

carolsuz
September 13th, 2007, 06:48 AM
Hi and welcome! I have three girls of my own and I understand being busy. The creme brule idea sounds good too. Looking forward to chatting with you.

Dani
September 17th, 2007, 12:22 AM
:welcome: Scarlett! Glad you found the forums! We all know what it's like having kids around (I have one...at times it seems like three though), so while you're here just relax, have a great time and post as much as you like.

I just have to say that I love your idea about the ice cream and the guy to eat it off of. That sounds right up my alley (shows you where my mind is though)! :lol:

Scarlett Wilde
September 19th, 2007, 12:02 PM
:whoohoo:Thanks for the welcome. I'm actually experiencing some computer problems at the moment so it seems I've just got here and now I might disappear for a while - hopefully it won't be too long though. There's so much to read here and catch up with. Enough to keep me out of trouble for a few days :)

Ahh my kids - yes, they are hard work. One is epileptic with behavior problems, the middle one is autistic and has learning problems and the youngest is four and so far the hardest work of all. She's highly strung and has a temper that scares most people *lol*

I've now finished writing in longhand my first novel and am in the process (when my dodgy laptop allows) of typing it up. Hopefully, I should have it done, edited and in it's final draft soon.

Thanks again for the wonderful, warm welcome Bunny

Dani
September 19th, 2007, 12:55 PM
You really do have your hands full. Kudos to you for writing the way you do along with taking care of your children!

I understand completely though because my son has an autistic spectrum disorder called Pervasive Developmental Disorder plus he's got learning disibilities and behavioral problems as well.

Anna Fallon
September 19th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Hope you get back soon Scarlette, and best of luck getting on shelves, it will happen if you keep at it.

Anna