PDA

View Full Version : May Madness Party, Join Us on May 15th!

Miss Mae
May 10th, 2012, 01:03 PM
We're celebrating with Coffee Time and The Romance Studio! Though we'll check in all week long, (12th thru 19th), our special day, Tuesday May 15th, is when we'll be here to chat, have fun, run contests, and give away prizes!

Be sure to join us next Tuesday! We'll see you then! :clap:

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Good morning, Readers! Please join us today for our May Madness party. If you'll kindly keep all posts here at this thread, we'll be able to read right along and leave no one out. :)

Get ready for a fun-filled day of chatter, contests, prizes, and all sorts of goodies! We're so glad you stopped by! :)

CapeFearLibn
May 15th, 2012, 09:09 AM
That veil and those eyes...Pretty. I like the idea of a May Madness Party. Count me in!

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Hi Miss Mae,
Am I in the right place?

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Hi Miss Mae,
Am I in the right place?

Yes, Gail, you sure are! Good to see you, lady! :)

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Hi Cape Fear,
I believe Miss Mae's gone off line. She'll be back. We'll chat while she's gone. How's your day going? I've been working a little. It's difficult to keep up.

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 10:22 AM
There you are. Great to see you, Miss Mae. What have you been up to? I love your suspenseful books. Tell us about one of them.
How about Granpappy Beauregard's lemonde? Did you bring us some? May be a little early for that.

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 10:32 AM
:biggrin:While it's quiet, I'll take the opportunity to put up a brief blurb about Love Turns the Tide. Here it is:Cammie O’Shea suffers atraumatic split-up with her fiancé. At the same time a new job in Destin,Florida, calls her away from family and friends. Alone, her spirit broken, shehardly has the heart to meet her boss, Bill Collins, editor of The Sun Dial,let alone deal with the dynamicVic Delona, a real estate developer. Yet her job and the success of thepaper hinge on her writing a successful article about Vic and his newdevelopment. While she wants no new relationships he thwarts her efforts tocomplete the assignment, arranges extra meetings and attempts to court her. Sheresists his advances. But mysterious break-ins occur at Cammie and her friend’scondos. When Cammie and Vic launch their own investigation into the vandalism,Cammie grows close to him. In the midst of the confusion she gets anopportunity to return home to her old job. Will Vic solve the crimes and winCammie’s heart or will she leave Destin? <o:p></o>
<o:p></o>

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Duh, seems even though I'm logged in, when I go to another tab in my browser, it wants to make me "offline". Ah, the mysteries of Coffee Time! LOL

Yes, Gail, you need to talk more about Love Turns the Tide. How did you enjoy your interview with I.B. Nosey? :)

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I'm thrilled to be here... well, anywhere, actually. I've been sick with the flu and now sinusitis and bronchitis. Just a spring thing I go through.
Anyway, I’m looking forward to sharing a little about me and a lot about my books. If anyone is interested in winning a PDF copy of Hazardous Hideaway, just let me know. I’ll put you down for the drawing at the end of the day.
If you’ve found this forum, then you like sweet romance. But do you like comedy, suspense…and dogs too? That’s what you’ll get in my books. I have five books out:
Caskets and Corruption
Love on Laird Avenue
Braving the Blaze
Hazardous Hideaway
Not Quite Zen
The first three are in both ebook and print. The last two haven’t gone to print yet but will be soon.
I’m really looking forward to sharing more about each book with you.
Please keep checking in with us,
Cindy

Sweet Romance, Comedy, Suspense...and Dogs!
Cindy A. Christiansen - Sweet Romance Author
Fly into a good book today at: http://www.dragonflyromance.com (http://www.dragonflyromance.com/)

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 10:46 AM
:biggrin:While it's quiet, I'll take the opportunity to put up a brief blurb about Love Turns the Tide. Here it is:Cammie O’Shea suffers atraumatic split-up with her fiancé. At the same time a new job in Destin,Florida, calls her away from family and friends. Alone, her spirit broken, shehardly has the heart to meet her boss, Bill Collins, editor of The Sun Dial,let alone deal with the dynamicVic Delona, a real estate developer. Yet her job and the success of thepaper hinge on her writing a successful article about Vic and his newdevelopment. While she wants no new relationships he thwarts her efforts tocomplete the assignment, arranges extra meetings and attempts to court her. Sheresists his advances. But mysterious break-ins occur at Cammie and her friend’scondos. When Cammie and Vic launch their own investigation into the vandalism,Cammie grows close to him. In the midst of the confusion she gets anopportunity to return home to her old job. Will Vic solve the crimes and winCammie’s heart or will she leave Destin? <o:p></o
<o:p>

Your book sounds intriguing. I'd like to know what the traumatic break-up was all about? Any hints?

</o

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 10:49 AM
:whistle: Since there's no one here right now, but me. ): I'll post a little about a new magazine, Splickety. The stories aren't romance stories, but I've read them all, and I loved them. They're flash fiction, which means they're great to take along to read at doctor's offices or other places one has to wait. The great thing is, you can finish an entire story. In some doctor's offices, you probably could finish the whole magazine. LOL I have one story, "Lifeline," in it. It's about a young lady who loses her father, and her mother's not well. Her life's looking pretty dim, but she finds an answer. The story has a happy ending. Here's the link to get a free download online.
http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/324163

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I'm thrilled to be here... well, anywhere, actually. I've been sick with the flu and now sinusitis and bronchitis. Just a spring thing I go through.
Anyway, I’m looking forward to sharing a little about me and a lot about my books. If anyone is interested in winning a PDF copy of Hazardous Hideaway, just let me know. I’ll put you down for the drawing at the end of the day.
If you’ve found this forum, then you like sweet romance. But do you like comedy, suspense…and dogs too? That’s what you’ll get in my books. I have five books out:
Caskets and Corruption
Love on Laird Avenue
Braving the Blaze
Hazardous Hideaway
Not Quite Zen
The first three are in both ebook and print. The last two haven’t gone to print yet but will be soon.
I’m really looking forward to sharing more about each book with you.
Please keep checking in with us,
Cindy

Fly into a good book today at: http://www.dragonflyromance.com (http://www.dragonflyromance.com/)

Hi Cindy!

So glad you're able to come over, sorry to hear about the illness.

Yes, your stories are fantastic, and I'm so glad you include the four legged loves too! :)

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Miss Mae, I loved my interview with I.B. Nosey. He's such a fun guy. What's he got coming up? I can't find the icon to put around the question I'm answering.

Hi Cindy,
Glad you're here!:biggrin:

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 10:53 AM
That magazine sounds great, Gail. We need something that we're able to finish in one sitting. :) Congrats on your story being included in that issue! :)

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Miss Mae, I loved my interview with I.B. Nosey. He's such a fun guy. What's he got coming up? I can't find the icon to put around the question I'm answering.

Hi Cindy,
Glad you're here!:biggrin:

Do you mean the "reply with quote" button? It's on the bottom right of your post.

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Well, Gail, since you mentioned it....

smilies/champagne6.g

Grab a cupful...or even a whole jugful! LOL

CindyDragonfly
Hello Miss Mae and Gail!
Miss Mae,
I love your sweet romances and love the covers I've seen that you do for others.
Which do you love more: art or writing?
As an artist and writer myself, I love both for different reasons. What's your view?

Gail Pallotta
BashingHeadThanks for asking about the traumatic break-up in Love Turns the Tide. Cammie O'Shea, the main character, was engaged to be married to a guy she met at church. He seemed to be the dream guy, cooked, went to church with her. One night she heard on the news that he'd nearly beat a woman to death. When she confronted him he told her he'd been seeing other people the entire time they'd dated. It was a blessing she found this out before she married the guy, but she was devastated.

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 10:58 AM
:biggrin:So glad you brought Granpappy's lemonade. Slurp, slurp! It'll be good for Cindy too.

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 10:59 AM
BashingHeadThanks for asking about the traumatic break-up in Love Turns the Tide. Cammie O'Shea, the main character, was engaged to be married to a guy she met at church. He seemed to be the dream guy, cooked, went to church with her. One night she heard on the news that he'd nearly beat a woman to death. When she confronted him he told her he'd been seeing other people the entire time they'd dated. It was a blessing she found this out before she married the guy, but she was devastated.

Wow! That would be devastating. And to hear it on the news! That would take some time to get over.

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 10:59 AM
That magazine sounds great, Gail. We need something that we're able to finish in one sitting. :) Congrats on your story being included in that issue! :)

Thank you, Miss Mae. Well, the reply with quote was right under my nose.

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Wow! That would be devastating. And to hear it on the news! That would take some time to get over.

Yes, Cammie was having a very difficult time when she had to move to Destin and help start a newspaper or lose her job.

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Hello Miss Mae and Gail!
Miss Mae,
I love your sweet romances and love the covers I've seen that you do for others.
Which do you love more: art or writing?
As an artist and writer myself, I love both for different reasons. What's your view?

Hi Cindy,
Thanks for the kind words, and for asking. :)

Right at the moment I'm so busy with designing covers that I don't have time to write. I really do love the challenge of the covers, though, so I can't say that I'm disappointed that my writing is temporarily slacking. LOL

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 11:02 AM
:whistle:Miss Mae and Cindy,
Tell us about your books.

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Hi Cindy,

Right at the moment I'm so busy with designing covers that I don't have time to write. I really do love the challenge of the covers, though, so I can't say that I'm disappointed that my writing is temporarily slacking. LOL
I love your covers too, Miss Mae...and your books. We need at least 28 hours in a day. LOL

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Hi Cindy,

Don't you wish we didn't have so many repetitive day-to-day things to do like cooking, cleaning, washing, grooming, etc. so that we had more time? Sometimes I find it challenging. I just want to get on with the good stuff. :whistle:

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Cindy and Miss Mae,
I have to go soon to get some lunch then to an appointment. ): I'm coming back this afternoon around 2:30 p.m., and see if anyone's still chatting. I'd love to see some book blurbs about both your books and to hear a little more about Nosey. Share the link to I.B. Nosey, so everyone can go over and enjoy him.

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 11:15 AM
:whistle:Miss Mae and Cindy,
Tell us about your books.

Here's my first book:
Book Title: Caskets and Corruption

Author Name: Cindy A. Christiansen
Publisher Name: Secret Cravings Publishing
Release Date for ebook: July 15, 2011
ISBN #: 978-1-936653-93-5 (ebook)
Price: $4.99
Word count for ebook: approximately 60,000
Purchase Link: http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=13&products_id=91
&#183; Release Date for paperback: Oct 4, 2011
ISBN #: 978-1-618850-79-9 (paperback)
Price: $12.50
Page count: 204 pages
Purchase Link: https://www.createspace.com/3700987
&#183; BLURB:
Lizzie, a portrait artist of the dead, is looking for adventure amongst the living. But, after discovering a drug operation involving military caskets, she’s chased across the country with Phillip Van Dyke, a stiff-necked funeral director, and her sister’s hairless dog as a stowaway. Can she exhume Phillip’s heart before the drug cartel catches up with them?
&#183; REVIEWS:
"This was a fun, lighthearted read with a lot of action and adventure." 4 Stars, Clean Book Reviews
"Wow! What a simply refreshing story." 4 Stars, Romancing the Book Review
"...a fun, fast read...with the little bald canine often stealing the show. ...enough twists and conflict to keep me fully engaged." 4 Stars, Coffee Time Romance

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 11:15 AM
I'd like to start with one of my books, which is only 99 cents, and a P&E Winner in the YA category.

"When the Bough Breaks"

Blurb:

Late 1960's. Time of the Vietnam War, hippies, fishnet hose, and mini-skirts. Add a flirtatious wink from the baby blues of 'love'em and leave 'em' Parker Shane and 16-yr.-old Darlene Moore wonders if she'll ever be the same.

Winner of the 2009 P&E Readers Poll in the YA category, this is more than a romance tale. Suspense, intrigue, and danger will leave the reader gasping till the very end.

Find more at my site: http://themissmaesite.blogspot.com

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Don't you wish we didn't have so many repetitive day-to-day things to do like cooking, cleaning, washing, grooming, etc. so that we had more time? Sometimes I find it challenging. I just want to get on with the good stuff. :whistle:

Oh yes, they are so aggravating, and they're so circular. You cook, someone eats it and it's gone. You clean or wash, and it's dirty again. Phew! I've often wished I enjoyed cooking and cleaning. I have friends who do. I even have a couple who enjoy ironing. What's that?

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I even have a couple who enjoy ironing. What's that?

LOLOL, I hear ya! :)

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Sounds awesome, Miss Mae! I've never considered writing a book other than contemporary. It seems I have to do enough research on those. (lol)
Do you enjoy research?

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I'd like to start with one of my books, which is only 99 cents, and a P&E Winner in the YA category.

"When the Bough Breaks"

Blurb:

Late 1960's. Time of the Vietnam War, hippies, fishnet hose, and mini-skirts. Add a flirtatious wink from the baby blues of 'love'em and leave 'em' Parker Shane and 16-yr.-old Darlene Moore wonders if she'll ever be the same.

Winner of the 2009 P&E Readers Poll in the YA category, this is more than a romance tale. Suspense, intrigue, and danger will leave the reader gasping till the very end.

Find more at my site: http://themissmaesite.blogspot.com

Aww, Miss Mae, that sounds so good, and we need more books about the Vietnam era. I know how suspenseful your books are. I just couldn't put down the one I read unti I had it finished. I'll have to get this one on my TBR list. My husband, who was my boyfriend at the time, was in Vietnam.

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I've sure enjoyed chatting with both of you this morning:biggrin:. I gotta' go so I can make the appointment. When I come back, I'll be looking for more book blurbs and reviews. See you this afternoon.

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Do you enjoy research?

It depends. If I can find my answer in only 15 or 20 minutes, then I'm fine with it. But if it takes days, or weeks, nope, then I can't stand it! LOL

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I've sure enjoyed chatting with both of you this morning:biggrin:. I gotta' go so I can make the appointment. When I come back, I'll be looking for more book blurbs and reviews. See you this afternoon.

See you later, Gail. It's been fun! :)

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Here's a teaser from the first chapter of "When the Bough Breaks":

<!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->
The crop of blond hair readily identified Parker Shane. It’d been the only thing Darlene glimpsed when he breezed down the streets of Dalesville in his red Thunderbird convertible. Though she heard plenty of gossip about the ex-Marine, she hadn’t seen him up close and personal.

Until now.

Like a grounded fence post, he stood straight and sturdy. Rounded biceps flexed below the sleeves of his white t-shirt that stretched like a second skin. The taut fabric of his faded jeans pressed down the length of his long legs, the denim refusing to crinkle as he strolled through the doorway of Fat Man’s drugstore. Easing atop a stool at the soda counter, he hiked a tennis-shoed foot on the rung and swiveled around. His lazy glance gave the place an unhurried once-over.

Darlene dropped her spellbound gaze to the floor, then raised it ever so slightly to peek through her lashes. Parker directed his casual look at the brunette who sat in front of Darlene. Lowered lids hid the expression in the girl’s eyes, but a smile slowly dimpled at the corner of her full lips.

Darlene sat straighter. [I]Why is he staring at Gena? He has some nerve, with her boyfriend sitting right beside her. Swiftly, she looked again at Parker, then at her sister. Gena, notice Roy. Flirt with him! She cleared her throat in an effort to gain her sister’s attention. If Gena heard, she didn’t respond. Digging into her pocketbook, she extracted a small compact case and flipped it open.
Warning bells shrilled in Darlene’s mind. Something had to be done, and quickly. Leaning forward, she praised the young man who sat next to Gena. “You’re such a swell guy, Roy.” Deliberately, she raised her voice an octave higher, loud enough to reach her sister’s ears. “Thanks for buying these ice cream sundaes for us.”

Roy’s hand stilled from where he busily cleaned his glasses with a handkerchief. A warm grin spread his generous mouth. “No sweat,” he said. “Margo needs a break from babysitting every now and then.” His dark eyes teased the blonde who sat beside Darlene.

“Do I ever.” Margo licked hot fudge off the end of her spoon and shuddered dramatically. “I’ll never understand why my folks had eight kids.”

“But you didn’t need us tagging along on your date today,” Darlene insisted, frowning at Gena when she applied a fresh layer of lipstick. “You and Gena should spend time together.”

With a good-natured laugh, Roy re-settled the glasses on his nose. “Hey, I wouldn’t pass up a chance to be in the company of the three most gorgeous chicks in town.” He reached for Gena’s hand, and raised her fingers to his lips. “She and I will have our special moments later, won’t we, sweetheart?”

“Mmm.” Gena’s tone sounded preoccupied. Her free hand snapped the compact shut while her gaze flickered to Parker’s broad-shouldered form.

“That’s cool,” Darlene replied to Roy. “Would you like Margo and me to leave you alone now? We can…” A squeak came from the backside of Darlene’s booth, the noise cutting into her words. The occupant behind her rose to his feet and brushed by on his way to the jukebox. A moment later, a fast drum tempo of the latest Beatles song blared from the machine. The loud music made it almost impossible to talk, so she used it like a cover to hide her covert watch on Parker. Without warning, he flitted his blue eyes her way.

An odd sizzle raced through her, hammering her pulse to a dangerous level. Stop it. Look away. But she couldn’t. As if mesmerized, her gaze clung to his.

Parker held her eye contact for a moment longer. Then, he grinned, a slow, easy, confident grin before he swiveled back to the counter and beckoned to the soda jerk.

Darlene realized she was holding her breath. Slowly, she exhaled, air through her teeth hissing like a deflating tire. Drained of strength, she slumped against her seat.

Gena locked a captivated stare on Parker. Darlene grimaced, her skin prickling with trepidation. She’d never seen her sister look at Roy with such admiration.

She dared another peek. With his profile to her, she read Parker’s lips as he asked the teenage employee, “Who’s the redhead?”

For more information (to view the trailer, and see the NEW Kindle cover, visit this page at my site: http://themissmaesite.blogspot.com/p/when-bough-breaks.html
(http://themissmaesite.blogspot.com/p/when-bough-breaks.html)

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 11:40 AM
It depends. If I can find my answer in only 15 or 20 minutes, then I'm fine with it. But if it takes days, or weeks, nope, then I can't stand it! LOL

I've met authors who are all about the research. Good for them. I'm like you, 15-20 minutes and I'm changing the plot. (lol)

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Wow! Awesome, Miss Mae! You really sucked me in on that excerpt. You're an awesome writer. I say, cut back on a few covers and write more. (lol)

DanielleThorne
May 15th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Hi Everyone,

It's great to be with the Sweetest Romance Authors today! I'm catching up on the early birds' chat this morning and hope to see some new friends and visitors in as lunchtime rolls around.

I've been with the Sweeties for a couple years now--has it been that long? Since we all got together. Great authors offering clean romance reads and some of the most loyal and true online friends.

Enjoyed your blurb, Miss Mae. I also enjoyed WHEN THE BOUGH BREAKS. That was a good book. Enjoyed it!

Danielle Thorne

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Great to see you here, Danielle. I'd love to see a post about one of your books.

DanielleThorne
May 15th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Hi Cindy!

It's great to see you here today. I'm looking forward to getting to know more about you and learning about some of your books.

Danielle Thorne

DanielleThorne
May 15th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Oh yes, they are so aggravating, and they're so circular. You cook, someone eats it and it's gone. You clean or wash, and it's dirty again. Phew! I've often wished I enjoyed cooking and cleaning. I have friends who do. I even have a couple who enjoy ironing. What's that?

Well I've never ironed regularly in my life. I despise it. It truly is hard to write, edit or review, or create anything, while trying to take care of our families and run a household but it's really helped me to learn balance and keep things in perspective. We just have to do the best we can--

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Wow! Awesome, Miss Mae! You really sucked me in on that excerpt. You're an awesome writer. I say, cut back on a few covers and write more. (lol)

LOL, thanks, Cindy. :) And glad you liked the excerpt. :)

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Hi Danielle! Good to see you here. :)

Gals, I'm cutting out for lunch right now. I'll return shortly. :)

DanielleThorne
May 15th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Hi All (Lurkers included!)

Thanks for coming by the Sweetest Romance Authors chat today. While gabbing back and forth, I thought it'd be a good idea to introduce myself:

I'm the author of historical and contemporary romances--all clean reads. My first YA sweet and inspirational paranormal was released in February. When not promoting my books, I'm a full time editor for an online publishing company and also freelance on the side. I'm also the host of the growing blog, THE BALANCED WRITER.

You can check out my website at http://www.daniellethorne.com

And follow me at The Balanced Writer! http:www.thebalancedwriter.blogspot.com (http://www.thebalancedwriter.blogspot.com)

Stay tuned for some excerpts from my sea romance adventures and to meet more Sweeties!

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Book Title: Love on Laird Avenue

Release Date for ebook: Sept 25, 2011
ISBN #: 978-1-61885-023-2 (ebook)
Word count: approximately 65,500
Purchase Link: http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=13&products_id=136
· Release Date for paperback: Nov 11, 2011
ISBN #: 978-1-61885-095-9 (paperback)
Price: $12.50
Page count: 210 pages
Purchase Link: https://www.createspace.com/3723636
· BLURB:
Who said it would be easy for Tatum to leave her over-protective father, buy a 1911 bungalow, and start her own business at the same time? When things fall apart, literally, she hires a hunky home restoration specialist named Ryan to come to her rescue. She never dreamed he’d have his own ideas about protecting her...namely sabotaging her dates.
· REVIEWS:
"...a fine and much recommended read, not to be missed." Midwest Book Review
"...extremely funny and heart-warming." 4 Stars, Romantic Times Book Reviews
"This suspenseful seamlessly crafted book is delightful..." 5 Stars, Conger Books Reviews
"...truly a comical story from beginning to end." 4 1/2 Stars, Manic Readers Reviews

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Book Title: Braving the Blaze

Release Date for ebook: Nov 11, 2011
ISBN #: 978-1-61885-076-8 (ebook)
Word count: approximately 58,000
Purchase Link: http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=13&products_id=175
· Release Date for paperback: Feb 6, 2012
ISBN #: 978-1-61885-147-5 (paperback)
Price: $11.99
Page count: 168 pages
Purchase Link: https://www.createspace.com/3791405
· BLURB:
A wildfire volunteer is determined to stay single and become a veterinarian. He didn’t count on being assigned a pyrophobic woman or that accidents would follow her like wildfire. Can he keep the flames of desire he reluctantly feels for her under control long enough to keep them and his yellow lab alive?
· REVIEWS:
“If you are looking for a great afternoon read, then I recommend Braving the Blaze.” 5 Stars, Miss Lynn's Books and More
“…delightful story full of courage, friendship, and romance that kept me glued to the pages.” 5 Stars, Reviewer Anna del C. Dye

Cindy A. Christiansen
Sweet Romance, Comedy, Suspense…and Dogs!

DanielleThorne
May 15th, 2012, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE=CindyDragonfly;160305]3085

I remember seeing this book and a blurb before at in interview. It looks really marvelous.

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 01:10 PM
So maybe you've noticed that all my covers have dogs on them. Well before I announce my next book, I want to tell you why through a little Q&A:

I understand you write romance. What makes your books different from the rest of the romances out there?
I write sweet romance with comedy, suspense…and dogs! Most of the romantic suspense books out there don’t contain humor of any kind. They are more of a serious drama. I like to combine the two and include one or more dogs into the mix.

So who is your target audience?
My books are appropriate for teens and up. Women like my books because they are like good old-fashioned romances used to be. Men enjoy reading my books because I touch on subjects they enjoy, like mining, car restoration, farming, construction and mystery. My books are really no different than an action comedy movie. And, of course, anyone who loves dogs will enjoy what they bring to my books.

Dogs are a little unusual in romance books. Why dogs?
In my world, life just isn’t life without a dog, so my characters enjoy them too. I grew up on a farm and have always been around dogs. Writing about them brings me joy and so does seeing them on the covers of my books. As much as we can, my family donates time and money to shelters. In these poor economic times, pets are abandoned, neglected and abused. I’m trying to raise awareness and make people more conscious of their choices. I believe in spaying and neutering pets and adopting from shelters. I also believe there is a lot of unnecessary animal testing going on and think it should be stopped. With the sale of my books, I’m contributing to various organizations that support abused and abandoned dogs.

Was there something in your life that you witnessed that made you want to pursue animal rights?
Growing up on an isolated farm, dogs were my best friends and playmates. But, I witnessed a great deal of animal abuse, intentional and unintentional. Kids would throw rocks at the cows or shoot their BB guns at the horses. People would throw garbage and rocks into the fields that would damage the farm equipment and ruin the crops. And most distressing, people even poisoned and shot our dogs. We found our Blue Heeler, Duke, on the back steps to our house with a bullet in her head. She lived, thanks to my father’s excellent veterinarian skills, but she was never mentally stable after that. It’s as painful to think about today as it was to experience then.

So why choose romance? Why not books about dogs?
For one thing, I don’t write fantasy. I think I can better show how much pets, particularly dogs, can enhance a person’s life by including them in a contemporary book.

So if the dogs in your books are not the main characters, what do you expect your readers to understand about them after they’ve read one of your books?
Dogs contribute to our world in some very marvelous and amazing ways, like sniffing out cancer, assisting the disabled, aiding the police and so much more. Showing them as part of our lives, even in books, is so important. We have a responsibility to our dog friends. They are not just here for our entertainment. We need to be accountable in our choices toward them.

I've partnered with a fine organization--Friends In Need Animal Sanctuary. I am donating a portion of my proceeds to help abused and abandoned dogs. In fact, I'm sponsoring a fundraiser on May 23rd to raise money for them. I am donating EVERYTHING I MAKE on Amazon that day on the sale of my ebook Hazardous Hideaway to benefit them. I'm not asking anyone to make a donation, just buy my book, enjoy it, and I'll donate the money to help dogs. What do you say?

In my next post, I'll tell you all about Hazardous Hideaway.

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 01:13 PM

Testing how to post covers! :)

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=CindyDragonfly;160305]3085

I remember seeing this book and a blurb before at in interview. It looks really marvelous.

Thanks, Danielle. It has received some awesome reviews!

A serious fire which happened here in Utah sparked the idea for this story. During the fire, a family died on their own farm while moving irrigation sprinklers. Unable to comprehend how this could have happened, I conjured up this fictional plot. Throw in romance, phobias, a dog and some controversy over illegal immigrants...and you've got an exciting read. Illegal immigrants is a hot topic.

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 01:21 PM

Blurb:

<!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> ‘Coming home’ feels like anything but to Mona Murphy. Learning of the death of her grandfather is the only thing that can bring her back to the house of her tortured girlhood memories. But when the police chief, along with insurance investigator, Preston Hitchcock, alert her that Jerome Kincaid’s passing occurred under questionable circumstances, Mona feels morally responsible to discover the truth.

Instead, what she finds is that whoever harmed her grandfather seems intent on making her the next target. Who tries to run her down in the town square? Who locks her and Preston in the forgotten basement of the local library?

Mona knows her time is running short. Caught like a fly in a deadly spider’s web, she struggles to unweave the threads of danger before the lurking evil can pounce.

Excerpt from Chapter 2:

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->

Chapter 2
Preston rose to his feet, a closed expression sliding across his face. “Call Chief Banks.”

Mona stared at the stained cloths that lay on the ground. “Did you say blood?” She reached out to get a better look, but Preston pushed her hand away. “Careful,” he warned, “we don’t want these to get tainted. The blood needs to be typed, to see whether it’s animal or human.”

“What? Why?”

“Miss Murphy, call Chief Banks.” Preston repeated his request. “Have him to come out here. Now.”

He stressed the last word. Stumbling back into the house,she hurried to the phone and dialed the digits of the police station. Her trembling hand bungled her first try at hanging up the receiver.

[I]Nervous?

She spun on her heel, flitting about a wide-eyed look. Nothing could be seen in the oak beamed, knotty-pined paneled room except late afternoon shadows. Clutching her throat with cold fingers, she breathed through parted lips.

Go away.

Why should you be nervous? Or maybe it’s guilt?

“No,” she whispered aloud to the empty room. “I don’t regret leaving. I hated living here, in this house, with the madness—” She broke off, recalling Preston waited only a few feet outside the open door.

Quickly, she poured two cups of coffee and walked back to join him. He nodded his thanks.

“Why are you standing out here?” She wet her lips with a sandpaper tongue. “Let’s go inside.”

“I don’t want to take a chance of another cat or stray dog bothering this.” He balanced the dainty cup in both hands. “Plus, I need to leave the evidence as I found it.”

“What evidence? That’s nothing, but—but old towels Grandpa used to wipe the counter off after he’d chopped some beef or chicken for dinner. It can’t—” A shudder slinked down her spine. Not wanting to believe the possibility, she protested, “It can’t be like—it’s human blood.”

“That’s what Chief Banks needs to find out.”

Her gaze fell to his fingers. At the four knuckles of his right hand, pink lines zigzagged, glowing like strings of brightly colored embroidery thread. “What happened?” she asked, indicating the vivid scars.

“Fight. I missed when I tried to grab the knife’s handle. Took a lot of stitches to sew my fingers back on.” He flexed his fist, like he squeezed an invisible baseball. “I have to exercise regularly to try and get my grip back.”

Mona stared. “You got in a knife fight with someone in Copper Springs?”

“Not here. Nashville. That’s where I’m from.”

“Did the person try to rob you? What—?”

Preston shook his head. “I’d much rather talk about you, Miss Murphy.”

She looked away. “You’re really not interested.”

“What makes you say that?”

“You’re just trying to distract me so I won’t think about those towels.”

“Maybe. But maybe I’d like to get to know you better.”

“Why?”

“It’s my nature to be curious when I meet an attractive, mysterious woman.”

She tensed. “Mysterious?”

“Hell, yeah. Can’t you tell it’s driving me crazy wondering why you’ve served coffee wearing jeans and heels?”
More information at my site: http://themissmaesite.blogspot.com

DanielleThorne
May 15th, 2012, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE=DanielleThorne;160307]

Thanks, Danielle. It has received some awesome reviews!

A serious fire which happened here in Utah sparked the idea for this story. During the fire, a family died on their own farm while moving irrigation sprinklers. Unable to comprehend how this could have happened, I conjured up this fictional plot. Throw in romance, phobias, a dog and some controversy over illegal immigrants...and you've got an exciting read. Illegal immigrants is a hot topic.

Real life is definitely inspirational--not just stranger than--fiction.

DanielleThorne
May 15th, 2012, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=Miss Mae;160311]3088

This was a good mystery. Love the title.

DanielleThorne
May 15th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Just back in from my 3.1 mile run. Whoo-hoo! I started running for the first time in my ENTIRE life in February, actually I started by walking and beating my time every day, but this last week I have finally hit 3 miles. I'm slow but I can run 3 miles without stopping. It's a huge accomplishment for a couch potato like me--and to be honest I have THE BIGGEST LOSER show to thank for motivating me.

Re: Previous posts with book covers and blurbs--I really enjoy reading about your books and seeing the striking covers. A few I've already read--I hope everyone checks them out!

Anne Patrick
May 15th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Three miles is great, Danielle. Congratulations!!!

Just back in from my 3.1 mile run. Whoo-hoo! I started running for the first time in my ENTIRE life in February, actually I started by walking and beating my time every day, but this last week I have finally hit 3 miles. I'm slow but I can run 3 miles without stopping. It's a huge accomplishment for a couch potato like me--and to be honest I have THE BIGGEST LOSER show to thank for motivating me.

Re: Previous posts with book covers and blurbs--I really enjoy reading about your books and seeing the striking covers. A few I've already read--I hope everyone checks them out!

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Danielle, it doesn't hurt your knees??? I used to clog religiously and performed at all sorts of places. Now I can't even WALK a mile. But I do manage five miles when bicycling at the park.

That's wonderful about running, Danielle. But you were already slim and gorgeous! :)

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Hey Anne Patrick! Good to see you, friend! :)

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Okay. Here's the book I'm donating all of my proceeds on Amazon on May 23rd. The donations will go to Friends In Need Animal Sanctuary. You buy it, all donate what I make:

Book Title: Hazardous Hideaway

Release Date for ebook: March 7, 2012
ISBN #: 978-1-61885-203-8 (ebook)
Price: $5.99
Word count: approximately 64,000
Purchase Link: http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=13&products_id=175
&#183; BLURB: Riding a bucking bronco would be easier than the ride Dallas Mae Jenkins is on. While escaping an abusive relationship, she ends up in a wreck and stranded at a remote dairy in Utah. Worse yet, the presence of her horse whips up memories of an old town murder, and Dallas finds herself in serious danger.
The last thing Tom Allred needs is a wily female working at his dairy, especially one dragging up a murder he was accused of committing. Will Tom’s antacids hold out until he can get rid of Dallas? Or, will she lasso his heart?

REVIEWS: "Hazardous Hideaway is a triumph for Christiansen." 5 Stars, Manic Readers Reviews
"This book is a quick read because you find yourself eager to know what happens next. A well crafted tale that will leave you feeling uplifted. I highly recommend it." 5 Stars, Foxpaw Reviews
Cindy A. Christiansen
Fly into a good book today at: http://www.dragonflyromance.com

Anne Patrick
May 15th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Everyone's books look and sound awesome! Forgive me for not be more active today but I'm at work. I got my new (used) laptop today so once I figure it out later I hope to participate more tonight. Have a great day everyone!

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Okay, I have to mention my cyberspace reporter, I.B. Nosey. No, he isn't part of the sweetest romance, LOL, but he does interview them. :)

If you're an author of G, or PG (not PG-13) rated books, maybe you'd like this guy to interview you! More information is here:

http://mishapsofgumdropisland.webs.com

DanielleThorne
May 15th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Danielle, it doesn't hurt your knees??? I used to clog religiously and performed at all sorts of places. Now I can't even WALK a mile. But I do manage five miles when bicycling at the park.

Miss Mae, the thought of you clogging just makes me smile. My daddy used to clog when we were little to make us laugh and dance. He's from the Appalachian mountains of NC.

No, running does not hurt my knees but I have never had knee problems. I have lower back disc problems and so far neither running nor spin (cycle) classes are bothering me at all. But yoga sure does! Can't do it. Ouch!

It's hard for writers and readers to stay healthy. We have to encourage each other to get out there! And did you know walking burns the same amount of calories as running? So it really doesn't matter what we do as long as we get out and move around. :)

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 02:36 PM

I am so amazed by that. I just joined a group of LDS women writers called the Salt Lake Storytellers. They are a chapter of ANWA - The American Night Writers Association. There are a number of them that run marathons. It amazes me!
Congrats on that!

Cindy A. Christiansen

DanielleThorne
May 15th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Everyone's books look and sound awesome! Forgive me for not be more active today but I'm at work. I got my new (used) laptop today so once I figure it out later I hope to participate more tonight. Have a great day everyone!

So happy you got a new laptop. It's always so hard to let go of the old, isn't it? Like losing a family member. Have a great day at work, Anne. You're the best and I'm one of your biggest fans! Love love love your books!

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Oh, I LOVED clogging!! And wearing those cute outfits! LOL But it's very stressful on the knees, and now I even have a spur on one of my toes, so trying to do the double-toe (tap) makes me yell! LOL

Ah, I can imagine your dad clogging. They say 10 minutes of clogging equals 30 of jogging...and I believe it!

DanielleThorne
I am so amazed by that. I just joined a group of LDS women writers called the Salt Lake Storytellers. They are a chapter of ANWA - The American Night Writers Association. There are a number of them that run marathons. It amazes me!
Congrats on that!

Authors AND marathon runners? Wow, that's humbling. Talk about commitment! But the way I look at it, writing and finishing a novel is a marathon, too! lol

CindyDragonfly

Went out to Amazon on the other day and one of the first books that came up in Kindle was one of Anne's. That so cool! Looked like a good one too!

Cindy A. Christiansen

CapeFearLibn
May 15th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Danielle...Congrats on the running accomplishment. I'm an awful couch potato. I know it's not good for me but I just can't seem to get off my fanny!

CindyDragonfly
Authors AND marathon runners? Wow, that's humbling. Talk about commitment! But the way I look at it, writing and finishing a novel is a marathon, too! lol

LOL, Danielle. So true!

DanielleThorne
Oh, I LOVED clogging!! And wearing those cute outfits! LOL But it's very stressful on the knees, and now I even have a spur on one of my toes, so trying to do the double-toe (tap) makes me yell! LOL

Ah, I can imagine your dad clogging. They say 10 minutes of clogging equals 30 of jogging...and I believe it!

Hmm...I see a future post on my blog The Balanced Writer (http://www.thebalancedwriter.blogspot.com) featuring a picture of the elusive Miss Mae in her clogging dress!

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Hi Cape! Glad you got back to us! :)

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Hmm...I see a future post on my blog The Balanced Writer (http://www.thebalancedwriter.blogspot.com) featuring a picture of the elusive Miss Mae in her clogging dress!

Uhhhh....I don't think so! LOL

DanielleThorne
May 15th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Danielle...Congrats on the running accomplishment. I'm an awful couch potato. I know it's not good for me but I just can't seem to get off my fanny!

Thx but I'm no athlete. I'm really a couch potato, too. For some reason this year, The Biggest Loser show finally forced me to try and be able to run at least one mile. I guess I'll keep on going. Like Forrest Gump. lol

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Thx but I'm no athlete. I'm really a couch potato, too. For some reason this year, The Biggest Loser show finally forced me to try and be able to run at least one mile. I guess I'll keep on going. Like Forrest Gump. lol

Speaking of couches, I need to take a rest (sleeping sitting up on the couch because of bronchitis). Not much sleep the last two days. I'll be back later. Have fun.

Cindy A. Christiansen

DanielleThorne
May 15th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Sharing an excerpt from my best selling contemporary romance BY HEART AND COMPASS for readers and lurkers!

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="annotation text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:justify; text-indent:.5in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";} </style> <![endif]--> BY HEART AND COMPASS

Danielle Thorne
www.daniellethorne.com

When Lacey Whitman buys a restored Victorian home, she never dreams discovering an antique diary will lead her back to sea and into the arms of the dive bum she’d rather forget. Her habit of living in the past comes to a screeching halt as diver Max Bertrand and the diary of his ancestor take Lacey on the quest of a lifetime: To discover and raise the privateer ship, Specter, and bring the treasure and legacy of a true hero home again. But will finding it cost her heart?

EXCERPT:
Sitting outside, one of the divers looked busy replacing the o-ring on a scuba tank.

"I'm looking for Max?"

The long haired employee didn't bother to stand, much less look up.

"So?"

"I'm Lacey Whitman, and I'm looking for the Max that owns the museum."

"You call that worthless shack a museum?"

Dumbfounded, Lacey couldn't think of any reply.

"What do you want?"

"I'm looking for Max," she repeated, feeling a flash of impatience. "I have some papers for him."

"Warrant, restraining order, or paternity test?"

After a pause in which she realized he was serious, she replied in frustration, "I have some research for the Bertrand family and someone at the museum told me to come down here."

Lacey caught herself biting her lip.

Finally, the man of absolutely no assistance put down the tank and stood up. Short and compact, he had amazing turquoise eyes that glowed from a dark, tanned complexion. Loose strands of sun-kissed brown hair blew about his face in the breeze.

"Max doesn't need anymore paperwork. He doesn't want to see your research, and he is not giving dive lessons."

"I didn't ask for a dive lesson."

The diver sat back down again, crossing thick tattooed arms over himself. They stared one another down until he won. It was cheating to look her over as if she was a sweet little morsel, but it worked.

"I just want to talk to Max," she demanded.

He stared back with no expression. "You just did. Now get off my beach."

Lacey's cheeks were already flushed from getting the once over by this beach bum. His insult made her red all over.

"I'll be sure to let them know at the Bertrand Museum," she threatened, as if it mattered.

She turned on her heel and stalked off but he called after her, "Lady, I am the Bertrand Museum!"

BUY NOW AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/By-Heart-and-Compass-ebook/dp/B003U8AFIG/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280802562&sr=1-10

BUY NOW PUBLISHER: http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-96/By-Heart-and-Compass/Detail.bok

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 02:59 PM
:clap:Hi Danielle, Cindy, Cape Fear and Miss Mae,
I see you all have been busy since I've been gone. I'm going to read the threads and catch up!

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I enjoyed reading about all of your books. I've got to get Braving the Blaze on my TBR list. I love stories with dogs in them. I've read one of Danielle's books, and she's a great romance writer. I've also read Said the Spider to the Fly. Couldn't put it down.

I have to add to. Way back when...every night after dinner in the cafeteria when I was in college, we clogged. I went to a school in the mountains. We clogged at our fraternity parties. LOL.

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=DanielleThorne;160346]Sharing an excerpt from my best selling contemporary romance BY HEART AND COMPASS for readers and lurkers!

BY HEART AND COMPASS

Danielle Thorne
www.daniellethorne.com (http://www.daniellethorne.com)

Bertrand sounds like a guy I'd like to know. I have this book and can't wait to get to it. (:

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I enjoyed reading about all of your books. I've got to get Braving the Blaze on my TBR list. I love stories with dogs in them. I've read one of Danielle's books, and she's a great romance writer. I've also read Said the Spider to the Fly. Couldn't put it down.

I have to add to. Way back when...every night after dinner in the cafeteria when I was in college, we clogged. I went to a school in the mountains. We clogged at our fraternity parties. LOL.

Gail, we have so much in common! That's fabulous! :)

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Here’s the excerpt from LoveTurns the Tide that won the Clash of the Titles in the best weather / naturecategory<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
When she strolled on thewooden walkway to the gazebo that overlooked the seaside, seeing the beauty ofthe water and miles of white sand dotted with sea oats blowing in the breezestopped her in her tracks. What a sight it must have been for the discipleswhen they saw Jesus upright on the lake. The Bible said they were frightenedand thought it might be a spirit instead of Christ until he told them “…Takecourage. It is I. Don’t be afraid.” Then Peter walked on the water. As long ashe stayed focused on Jesus he never faltered, but when he became skeptical andturned his attention to the wind, he sank. In Matthew 14: 31, when Jesus caughthim he said, “You of little faith, why did you doubt?”<o:p></o:p>
Why did she doubt? Now whenshe needed God most with her life spinning out of control, for some reason shedidn’t understand she felt more estranged from him than she ever had. If onlyhe would take the weight of the failed romance, the new job, and a new home offher shoulders. She was saying her prayers and reading her Bible every day. Whatmore could she do? She strolled down the steps beyond the dunes amid the smellof salt and fish and stationed her chair in front of the sea, which seemed tocall to her. So she waded through it to a sand bar, where the roaring waterdrowned out every other sound as the brine splashed on her long thin blue beachjacket. While the white capped waves broke beside her, she swung her armsupward and breathed deep again and again.<o:p></o:p>
Before the sun grew too hot,she headed back toward her seat, where white seagulls with gray trim soaredoverhead, squawking, then landed in a flock and stood at attention likeminiature guards of the shore. Suddenly a sandpiper lit at the edge of theocean and drilled at something so fast his tiny beak blurred. Fascinated,Cammie leaned forward and wondered if she’d ever seen anything so cute.

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Gail, we have so much in common! That's fabulous! :)

Definitely kindred spirits!

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Did I see in one of the threads that you downloaded a cover image? I couldn't get it to work. How did you do it?

Miss Mae
May 15th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Click on the image icon, and when the box comes up, click on "basic uploader" (on the "computer" part). Then browse and find your cover. :)

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Click on the image icon, and when the box comes up, click on "basic uploader" (on the "computer" part). Then browse and find your cover. :)

Thanks! I think I'll try it. It didn't work. I'll try in one that's not a reply.

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 03:47 PM
:clap:3094 Oh wow! It worked! Here's the cover image of Splickety. I like that it's cheerful, purple and hot pink. Here's the link again for a free download. http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/324163

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 03:51 PM
:flowers:Before I go I want to invite everyone to come by my forum in Coffee Time Romance on Thursday, May 17th, for Books, Books and More Books. Darcy Flynn, Cindy Christiansen, Danielle Thorne, Anne Patrick, Regina Andrews and I will post book blurbs, excerpts and reviews. I can't wait to find out about all the great reads!
See you then.

DanielleThorne
May 15th, 2012, 03:58 PM
:clap:Hi Danielle, Cindy, Cape Fear and Miss Mae,
I see you all have been busy since I've been gone. I'm going to read the threads and catch up!

hi Gail,

Yep, I had a busy morning, lurked around the chat then went for a run and came back. I hope you've had a great day!

DanielleThorne
May 15th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Environmental Romance
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="annotation text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:justify; text-indent:.5in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";} </style> <![endif]--> TURTLE SOUP
Danielle Thorne
www.daniellethorne.com

Sea turtles may be endangered but after an encounter with marine biologist, Jack Brandon, nothing will stop Sara Hart from naming her deli, Turtle Soup. When Jack takes a job at the nearby Georgia Aquarium, Sara finds the environmental poster boy at her door, hungry and carrying a chip on his shoulder. Neither thinks the other has what it takes, until a scuba class reveals what lies beneath the surface.

Excerpt:

She came around the corner in response to the front door's bell. The girl from the airport, the one with his book, had hair piled up on top of her head, gold hoops hanging from her earlobes.

"Oh," she said, but something told him she suspected this moment would come. He glanced down the street to the aquarium. Turtle Soup? He felt a flicker of ridicule.

"Hey!" sang Conner. He pointed his finger and looked back at Jack. "Look! It's our little friend."

She smiled. "Sara Hart. You get tired of seafood?"

Conner went into pickup mode. "You never called."

"You never asked me to."

"I've been waiting for you to come by with my planner."

"You carry a planner?"

Jack felt like he was going to throw up. "If he did I'm sure you'd return it to him."

A cloud of menace passed over her face. "I didn't expect to see you in here. Wouldn't a place like this be against your principles?"

"Not unless you actually serve turtle."

"I cook clams," she said coolly. "I'd use turtle if I could get a hold of it."

"They're endangered, sweetheart."

She jerked back at his meaningless term of endearment. "I hear they're pretty tasty."

"Just because something's tasty," he answered, glancing over the counter at her waistline, "doesn't mean it's worth the trouble."

TURTLE SOUP HAS MOVED TO SMASHWORDS! READ THE FIRST 15% or BUY HERE:
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/23431

ALSO AT BARNES & NOBLE:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Turtle-Soup/Danielle-Thorne/e/2940011095993/?itm=1

DanielleThorne
May 15th, 2012, 04:10 PM
:flowers:Before I go I want to invite everyone to come by my forum in Coffee Time Romance on Thursday, May 17th, for Books, Books and More Books. Darcy Flynn, Cindy Christiansen, Danielle Thorne, Anne Patrick, Regina Andrews and I will post book blurbs, excerpts and reviews. I can't wait to find out about all the great reads!
See you then.

I will see you there, Gail!

DanielleThorne
May 15th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Dinnertime at my house. On my way to grill some hamburgers. I hope you'll enjoy the Sweeties chat thread from today and find some new books to read!

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I will see you there, Gail!

I'm planning on being on Gail's forum on Thursday. I'll post some excerpts that day.
Right now, I want to post my latest book information.

Book Title: Not Quite Zen

Release Date for ebook: April 11, 2012
ISBN #: 978-1-61885-243-4 (ebook)
Word count: approximately 60,000
Purchase Link: http://www.amazon.com/Not-Quite-Zen-ebook/dp/B007UQ4LU2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334670542&sr=8-1
· BLURB: Therapy dog trainer and hospice aide Harmony Hastings takes a much needed Zen vacation only to return to sheer chaos at the Silver Sunset Senior Community. Who is the new, gorgeous, young doctor and why has old Doc Barlow disappeared? Why are residents being harmed?
Can Harmony keep her chakras in balance long enough to figure out the mystery before one of the baby boomers ends up dead? Is the mysterious doctor the guilty party, or is he only guilty of giving Harmony a terminal case of love?
· REVIEWS: “Cindy Christiansen was a new-to-me author but three things about her book caught my eye-- sweet romance, suspense -- and animals! So glad I gave Not Quite Zen a try. A quick-paced read I recommend if you, too, love sweet suspense and dogs!!” 4 Stars, Reviewer Beth Cornelison

Cindy A. Christiansen

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Thought it might be fun to post a link to the YOUTUBE video for Not Quite Zen. What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp1tSegxcto

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 05:24 PM
This is one of my favorite trailers:

http://youtu.be/ioWs6j-5axM

CindyDragonfly
May 15th, 2012, 05:30 PM
If you are interested in a free PDF copy of Not Quite Zen, leave me a message and I'll enter you in a drawing.