PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon A Time (an interractive story)

ellen
May 12th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Once upon a time....

Kelly wandered down the dusty road leading to her farmhouse. Sighing heavily, she eyed the dilapidated structure...

Linda LaRoque
May 12th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Kelly shifted the two paper bags of groceries on each hip a little higher praying they didn't break and spill all along the road. Ted had promised he'd at least fix the steps today but...

linda_rettstatt
May 12th, 2012, 10:51 PM
He had also promised to get their old car running by this week. New steps were definitely in order. Maybe she needed to get the ball rolling with a few steps of her own.

Linda Rettstatt
www.lindarettstatt.com
(http://www.lindarettstatt.com)Author of 2012 EPIC eBook Award Winner -Love, Sam

gypsy517
May 13th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Kelly is only a few paces from the porch and a cat shoots out to tangle in between her feet. Trying to balance on one foot and shouting for help she falls to the ground with groceries spilling all around her.

Julie Eberhart Painter
May 13th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Kelly is only a few paces from the porch and a cat shoots out to tangle in between her feet. Trying to balance on one foot and shouting for help she falls to the ground with groceries spilling all around her.

Remembering that" pride goeth before a fall," she fights to keep her balance. Then "along come Joe, and ordinary guy," (From Show Boat) He pulls her to her feet. They leaned over to gather the groceries, their heads within a steamy breath of each other.

"Joe? After all these years...? Joe?"

Victoria Roder
May 13th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joe stood straight his lips curling in a smile. "I'm glad my sources were right and you do still live around here."

Victoria Roder
www.victoriaroder.com (http://www.victoriaroder.com)

Julie Eberhart Painter
May 13th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joe stood straight his lips curling in a smile. "I'm glad my sources were right and you do still live around here."

Victoria Roder
www.victoriaroder.com (http://www.victoriaroder.com)

"Actually, I had no idea, and wasn't your real name Bill. 'Just my Bill.?' "

He looked at his feet, then handed the last of the groceries to her. "I could help you inside with that."

"I don't let strangers in my house."

"But I'm not a stranger."

"Joe is a stranger. Do you have a twin, Bill?"

January Bain
May 13th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Once upon a time....

Kelly wandered down the dusty road leading to her farmhouse. Sighing heavily, she eyed the dilapidated structure...

"Just give me another chance, Kelly we can make this work, I promise!" Joe's mask slipped, taking her by surprise.

JudeAZ
May 13th, 2012, 02:14 PM
"You bastard! How dare you show up now, after everything you put me through? Did 'your sources' also tell you how I had to sell my mother's prized porcelain clown collection to pay the Visa bill you ran through the roof?" Kelly pushed past him and stepped on the cat's tail, eliciting an indignant yowl from Buffy the Rodent Slayer.

J.A. Garland
May 13th, 2012, 02:19 PM
"Just give me another chance, Kelly we can make this work, I promise!" Joe's mask slipped, taking her by surprise.
The door on the house slammed shut...Ted. Panic flooded her limbs until she realized she hadn't done anything wrong. Joe was the one begging, Joe was the one -- she looked around, where was Joe?

January Bain
May 13th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joe stood silent. He was stunned by her refusal to see how he'd changed. By God, he'd even cut his hair for her after her "clean up your act" comment had struck home. And now all she could think about was Visa bills and that silly, useless precelain collection of "dust collectors".

judygg
May 13th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Hell, maybe he should have showered and shaved. Maybe cutting his hair wasn't enough. Little did Kelly know, though, those damned porcelain figurines she so loved and had sold to pay down the Visa bill were fakes. He'd sold the originals six months ago to pay his bookie. They'd be coming back to her, probably in shattered little bits, from the eBid purchaser. Oh, boy. This was gonna get a lot worse before long.

January Bain
May 13th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Looked iike his down-home-country southern charm might now be enough this time, unless, of course, he could bed her before she found out the truth...

Julie Eberhart Painter
May 13th, 2012, 04:52 PM
You don't think I'm going to fall for that again? Since I saw you last, I've sent at least 20 Joes like you home o ther mamas. You never did grow up and the mask of Bill is an insult.

judygg
May 13th, 2012, 07:49 PM
You don't think I'm going to fall for that again? Since I saw you last, I've sent at least 20 Joes like you home o ther mamas. You never did grow up and the mask of Bill is an insult.

And speaking of Bill, look who's roaring in on his big, mean Harley-machine. Hi, Billy, love. This is Joe. He's just leaving. Don't bother shaking hands with him, 'cause if you do, you're going to have to scrub down before you touch me, and baby, I can't wait that that long. Bye, Joe.

JudeAZ
May 13th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Bill strode to her side with that lanky roll she loved. He filled those Wranglers real well.
"You heard the lady," Bill said, looking at Joe like the Orkin dude looks at a roach. "Get lost."
But Joe held still.
The front door opened. "'S'up kids?" Ted asked, rubbing his eyes. "I got the handcuffs fixed. Who the hell is the grungy dude?"

Julie Eberhart Painter
May 14th, 2012, 07:21 AM
And so endeth a beautiful friendship. But could Kelly rise above herself and do the right thing? If so, what is the right thing? "Tune in tomorrow, same time, same station for another excitingadventure on " As the Trifecta of Life Turns."

January Bain
May 14th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Joe tried not to let his disappoint show as he spoke, "Kelly girl, you don't know what you're missing!" He turned and gave Bill a deadly stare and left after growling a warming, "I'll be back. See that you mind your manners, Bill. You don't want Wanda to find out you're here. That woman has a vile temper. Remember, this town isn't known for keeping secrets for long. You'd better watch your back."

Julie Eberhart Painter
May 14th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Oh, no! Not Wanda the wanna be, a avericious you-know-what! When will it all end? When can we get our lives back? ( Music rises.)

January Bain
May 14th, 2012, 08:59 AM
...And everyone knew Wanda. The notrious town pump!!! (music so loud it's deafening) Would she have the gall to come by or was her last foray into Bill's life disasterous enough?
Joe walked slowly over to his beat-up old half-ton, thinking of ways to use Wanda to his advantage and not in the way the rest of you are thinking!!!

Julie Eberhart Painter
May 14th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Meanwhile back at Wanda's apartment, she was slithering into her red satin dress. Adjusting her boobs to their best advantage, she stepped into her four-inch heals, imagining the spikes in Joe's chest. No one treated Wanda like that-- no one. Let Kelly grieve over the lost Joe. Revenge belongs to the injured party, and she was all that.

January Bain
May 14th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Bill didn't know what hit him as Wanda saysahed into Fast Eddie's.
"Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me!" Her smooth-as-honey voice flowed over Bill and left him hot and sticky and wanting more, much more!

Julie Eberhart Painter
May 14th, 2012, 11:06 AM
"Don't cliche me, you unfaithful tart."

"Oh, do you want to lick my icing? Or is Wendy the tart of of your heart?".

January Bain
May 14th, 2012, 12:13 PM
"You're such a romantic, Bill, you take my breath away! And you'll always be in my heart."
Damn but the woman was annoying, Bill thought, one moment right in his face, the next acting all pure and innocent.

Julie Eberhart Painter
May 14th, 2012, 12:54 PM
"You're such a romantic, Bill, you take my breath away! And you'll always be in my heart."
Damn but the woman was annoying, Bill thought, one moment right in his face, the next acting all pure and innocent.

When he got home, he'd had to discuss this with Joe, his brother.

Linda LaRoque
May 14th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Kelly slammed cabinet doors as she put groceries away. She turned on her brother Ted. He sat at the kitchen table finishing off his second sandwhich. "What the hell did you mean by that remark about the handcuffs?"

His expression sheepish, he hurriedly swallowed the food in his mouth. "I don't like those two guys, sis. I'd hoped Bill or Joe or whichever one stole from you would run thinking I'd called the sheriff."

She patted him on the shoulder. "I appreciate that." She sat in the chair beside him. "Have you ever noticed that the men I'm attracted to are worthless users?"

He nodded.

"I don't want you to be like them, Ted. I need help around here. I give you a list of chores and when I come home you've done nothing but lay around, watch television, and play video games."

His chin shot out in defiance.

"Don't argue. You know it's true." She slapped the table. "You're almost a man. If you don't change your ways, you'll be just like those leeches. They're always trying to live off a woman."

Her chin wobbled and she bit her lip to keep from crying. "If you want to live here, you're going to do your share or I'll kick you out."

Julie Eberhart Painter
May 15th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Kelly slammed cabinet doors as she put groceries away. She turned on her brother Ted. He sat at the kitchen table finishing off his second sandwhich. "What the hell did you mean by that remark about the handcuffs?"

His expression sheepish, he hurriedly swallowed the food in his mouth. "I don't like those two guys, sis. I'd hoped Bill or Joe or whichever one stole from you would run thinking I'd called the sheriff."

She patted him on the shoulder. "I appreciate that." She sat in the chair beside him. "Have you ever noticed that the men I'm attracted to are worthless users?"

He nodded.

"I don't want you to be like them, Ted. I need help around here. I give you a list of chores and when I come home you've done nothing but lay around, watch television, and play video games."

His chin shot out in defiance.

"Don't argue. You know it's true." She slapped the table. "You're almost a man. If you don't change your ways, you'll be just like those leeches. They're always trying to live off a woman."

Her chin wobbled and she bit her lip to keep from crying. "If you want to live here, you're going to do your share or I'll kick you out."

"I'm sorry, sis, I'll try to do better. Bt you do know how to mke a sandwch." He leaned back smiling that winnning smile. "I'll have another."

JudeAZ
May 16th, 2012, 11:22 PM
She stared at him for a moment. "Yeah, right. You've had two already, you bottomless pit. Now get going on fixing those steps."
He saluted her and slowly got to his feet, still grinning. "'Kay, Kell. But I'll only get hungry again."
Kelly shook her head, hiding the affection that surged in her heart. "A little hunger won't kill you, Ted. Go on."
But when he'd left, she stood at the sink for a long while, gazing across the yard at the ribbon of road snaking towards town. Joe and Bill...two bad pennies I can't seem to avoid. Why the hell do I always go for such jerks?

Julie Eberhart Painter
May 17th, 2012, 09:17 AM
She stared at him for a moment. "Yeah, right. You've had two already, you bottomless pit. Now get going on fixing those steps."
He saluted her and slowly got to his feet, still grinning. "'Kay, Kell. But I'll only get hungry again."
Kelly shook her head, hiding the affection that surged in her heart. "A little hunger won't kill you, Ted. Go on."
But when he'd left, she stood at the sink for a long while, gazing across the yard at the ribbon of road snaking towards town. Joe and Bill...two bad pennies I can't seem to avoid. Why the hell do I always go for such jerks?

She ran cold water and splashed her face in the soothing flow. It's got to stop. maybe I need to see a psychiarist. There are too many people playing with my head.

January Bain
May 17th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Standing there, hand shielding her eyes, she could see dust rolling in the pale distance. Someone was coming. She waited, wondering who it could be. The black SUV soon pulled up in a virtual dust storm in front of the house and a tall, gorgeous man with a sheath of papers climbed out. Damn, not Caldwell the banker!

Pasting a smile on her grim face and crossing her arms over her chest, she watched him warily as he made his way across the toy strewn lawn to the porch. When he accidently stepped on an unseen obstacle in the uneven gravel and swore aloud when he twisted his ankle, her woman's heart gave in and she rushed to assist him. As she offered her shoulder to lean on she could smell the wondrous odors of fresh body-wash tinged by manly musk. If only things were different…
</SPAN>

Julie Eberhart Painter
May 17th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Standing there, hand shielding her eyes, she could see dust rolling in the pale distance. Someone was coming. She waited, wondering who it could be. The black SUV soon pulled up in a virtual dust storm in front of the house and a tall, gorgeous man with a sheath of papers climbed out. Damn, not Caldwell the banker!

Pasting a smile on her grim face and crossing her arms over her chest, she watched him warily as he made his way across the toy strewn lawn to the porch. When he accidently stepped on an unseen obstacle in the uneven gravel and swore aloud when he twisted his ankle, her woman's heart gave in and she rushed to assist him. As she offered her shoulder to lean on she could smell the wondrous odors of fresh body-wash tinged by manly musk. If only things were different…

Maybe they could be different. She ripped her bodice, yelled RAPE, and fainted dead away. There, she thought, he can't sue me for his fall. We'll have a stand-off...forever. Cue the music.

January Bain
May 17th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Very clever, Julie! THE END

Julie Eberhart Painter
May 18th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Very clever, Julie! THE END

Don't you just love a happy ending!

January Bain
May 18th, 2012, 10:00 AM
It made me laugh! Love a happy romantic ending. Thanks for the fun everyone!

Julie Eberhart Painter
May 18th, 2012, 11:52 AM
It made me laugh! Love a happy romantic ending. Thanks for the fun everyone!

May the next book draw a larger audience.