PDA

View Full Version : Day 2: Savor All The Flavors of Romance And Happy Mother's Day

GiannaBruno
May 13th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Things have been quiet since it's Mother's Day in the US and we all have mothers, are mothers, or are busy thinking about their mothers.

But yesterday's thread is still open. Be sure to leave a comment for a chance to win an ebook from Alice, Andrew or Gianna.

Today, the flavor is Contemporary Romance and Women's Fiction. All three of us write contemporary or women's fiction. I got my start reading romance when Grandma would hand her books down to me when she was done with them. I remember thinking, Grandma is reading this? At the time they were the old fashioned bodice ripper types, but we both devoured them

Let us know something about your mother or grandmother, aunts, sisters and all the mother figures in your life. How did they influence your reading tastes and choices--in either a good or bad way?bhowdysmilie.gif

CapeFearLibn
May 13th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I never knew that my mother was a big reader until a few years ago. I don't really remember her reading when I was growing up. It was my father who was the big reader...he read histories and biographies. Now she always has a book or two going. I wish that we would have shared more reads when I was younger.
catherinelee100 at gmail dot com

GiannaBruno
May 14th, 2012, 06:07 AM
What is your mom reading? It's never too late to start asking and discussing reading tastes. Could get a little awkward, though.:shifty:

Jess W.
May 16th, 2012, 10:07 PM
One of my grandmothers reads Inspirational romance (not my cup of tea) and she would have a conniption if she knew the books on my keeper shelves. My mom reads Christian fiction. It wasn't until recently I found some books on my other grandmother's shelves that match mine. We have discussed some authors we both like, but I don't have a lot of historical romance. I guess none of my relatives influenced my reading preferences one way or another.

lilpixie
May 19th, 2012, 09:15 PM
My grandmother played a huge role in my love of reading .She would get books off of the bookmobile that came through our area and I loved getting on the bus full of books with her as soon as I learned to read she would let me get as many books as I wanted I would get a box full each time they came and would devour them as fast as possible .Ive been a book addict ever since .