PDA

View Full Version : What do you like least about summer?

Pamela tyner
May 14th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Todayís topic: What do you like least about summer?

The heat, sunburns, mosquitoes? Or if youíre a parent it might be hearing these two words: "Iím bored". Whatís your least favorite thing about summer?

Everyone who replies will be entered into a drawing for some prizes to be given away at the end of the week. Winners announced May 19th.

MAStacie
May 14th, 2012, 08:09 AM
I'm not a heat person, so when it gets really hot I get super grumpy... though coming from the UK I can say it rarely gets 'super hot'. :clap:

fionaglass
May 14th, 2012, 08:40 AM
I'm with M.A. - I don't do heat. Anything up to about 25c (er, about 75F, I think) is fine. Above that I melt. ;)

JayeShields
May 14th, 2012, 10:34 AM
The worst part of Summer
Hands down...my epic sunburns. :nah: Sizzle much?
A close second would be overly packed beaches.

Stephanie Beck
May 14th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Sunburn!! I hate them, they hurt...and I have three super fair skinned minions who burn just as crispy as quickly as I do. I think I need to buy stock in sunscreen companies because it's a major investment in the summertime for our family. Oh, and mosquitoes. Hate those stinking things.

Stephanie Beck :)

JayeShields
May 14th, 2012, 12:12 PM
I bet your fair-haired minions don't have anything on me. :flamingmad:
I'm going skin flaking off my forehead to prove it. LOL
You're so right, Stephanie, Banana Boat is rich as **** because they have the sunscreen, and also the after-burn cream if you dare not to use it. So either way, they're making $$$

Sunburn!! I hate them, they hurt...and I have three super fair skinned minions who burn just as crispy as quickly as I do. I think I need to buy stock in sunscreen companies because it's a major investment in the summertime for our family. Oh, and mosquitoes. Hate those stinking things.

Stephanie Beck :)

ErinPatrick
May 14th, 2012, 01:26 PM
The sun. Both because of the heat and because I burn way too easy.
I was born and raised in Ohio, but now I'm living in Georgia. Last year was my first full summer here and I barely made it through the months. I'm already too hot, and it's only May.

Aimee Duffy
May 14th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Living in Scotland, I have to say the midgies are the worst part. They are EVERYWHERE. And they like to bite me. Evil little beasties.

My Website (http://www.aimeeduffy.co.uk)

PepperAnthony
May 14th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Like some of you, I melt in summer weather. Anything over 80 degrees and I am a puddle of misery. I do like the evenings, though, when the breeze comes in the open doors and windows.

Aimee Duffy
May 14th, 2012, 05:00 PM
The uk doesn't see much above 25C, well not where I'm from. But I went to Mexico one year and sizzled with my factor 8. Will pack spf50 next time I think!

Kaylie Newell
May 14th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I'm a weird one who likes the heat. The hotter the better ;) What I like least about summer is that it doesn't last long enough- I always go through a little "fall funk" after the last of the warm weather fades and the Oregon rain begins : /

Ella Jade
May 14th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I'm going with the sun. Its not that I don't love the vitamin D, but I'm Italian and my skin turns a bronze or an olive no matter the amount or SPF of the sunscreen. People are always commenting about how I must spend hours baking in it. I'm also accused of hitting the tanning beds until December because the tan takes that long to fade...

LaceyWolfe
May 14th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Humidity! As a Georgia girl....it might be 95 degrees...but with the humidity, it fees like 110. Blah.

CapeFearLibn
May 14th, 2012, 07:23 PM
I live in the South...and Summer is my least favorite season. I hate the humidity and the heat and the tourists and the bright, burning sun. I hate the bugs (mosquitos, no seeums, etc.), the high electric bills, my lack of a beach bod, and my pasty white skin. I hate sweating and the fourth of July and crowded beaches...and did I say TOURISTS.

Kayla M. Thomas
May 14th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Must say bad thunderstorms. They worry me. But I love the warm days, beach and lake and cookouts.

Patricia Bates
May 15th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Hmm I love the heat - hate the fact I have to burn before I can tan - sporting a massive sunburn at the moment and it hurtslike the dickens. Mosquittos area also a huge issue for me - I hate seeing the welts when my son has his allergic reaction. And the copious amounts of beer that usually gets spilled all over my front drive by the neighbors and guests who are running back and forth and congregating in the parking lot...after they've already drank a case lol.

Ashlynn Monroe
May 15th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I hate the humidity. In WI we have winter and humid, the weather isn't why people live here. Tornados freak me out. I'm not a fan of bugs. My list of what I love is longers lol. I love the green. Flowers are wonderful. I enjoy biking. I like Riverfest and taking my kids to the Dells. We have a blast and I get far more exercize this time of year. I love being able to send the kids outside to play and get the energy out too.