PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite summer foods?

Pamela tyner
May 15th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Today's topic is favorite summer foods (feel free to share recipes if youíve got them).

My favorite summer foods are watermelon and strawberries. We have a pick-your-own strawberry farm a mile or so from my house and I donít know what kind of magic they use, but they have the best strawberries Iíve ever eaten in my life.

Share your favorites and be entered into a drawing for some prizes to be given away at the end of the week. Winners announced May 19th.

CapeFearLibn
May 15th, 2012, 02:45 PM
OH MY...We get wonderful strawberries locally (available now--they're perfect). Soon we'll also have local blueberries. Amazingly, my hubby and I are working on a pretty good watermelon. It is huge, and seedless, and very good for so early in the season. I also love fresh sweet corn and beautiful red, meaty tomatoes. The off-season ones just have NO flavor. Why am I getting hungry???

Aimee Duffy
May 15th, 2012, 02:56 PM
The fruits a plus. I love all the berries in the summer. Gooseberry pie is my favourite, but I can't bake at all. Thankfully my gran is a baker by trade :)

My website (http://www.aimeeduffy.co.uk)

Kaylie Newell
May 15th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Strawberries!! (And whipped cream, of course)

PepperAnthony
May 15th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Salads are my favorite summer food. Lots of crispy greens, maybe chopped egg, bacon bits, little tomatoes and slivered almonds. Yum. I think I just figured out what we're having for dinner.

Tabitha
May 15th, 2012, 04:40 PM
This is my first time here - hope I do it right! And my favourite summer food - ooooh, my mouth is watering - slice up a pineapple, sprinkle on a mixture of fresh mint leaves crushed with sugar.