PDA

View Full Version : Books, Books and More Books / May be a Give Away or Two

Gail Pallotta
May 15th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Be sure to come by on Thursday, May 17th, for Books, Books and More Books. Sweet romance authors Anne Patrick, Cindy Christiansen, Darcy Flynn, Danielle Thorne and Regina Andrews will join me. They'll be posting excerpts, reviews and blurbs from their books. It's a wonderful opportunity to find some great reads. There may be a give away or two. See you in my forum on Thursday, May 17th. The fun starts at 10:00 a.m., EST.

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Hi, Gail, and everyone checking in.

I'm posting a bit early because I have a couple of appointments today. I’m still looking forward to sharing a little about me and a lot about my books. If anyone is interested in winning a PDF copy of Hazardous Hideaway, just let me know. I’ll put you down for the drawing at the end of the day.

If you like sweet romance then you might like my books. I write sweet romance with comedy, suspense…and dogs! I have five books out:

Caskets and Corruption
Love on Laird Avenue
Braving the Blaze
Hazardous Hideaway
Not Quite Zen

The first three are in both ebook and print. The last two haven’t gone to print yet but will soon.
I’m really looking forward to sharing more about each book with you.

Please keep checking in with us and hope you are having a wonderful day.
Cindy

Cindy A. Christiansen - Sweet Romance Author
Sweet Romance, Comedy, Suspense...and Dogs!
Fly into a good book today at: http://www.dragonflyromance.com (http://www.dragonflyromance.com/)

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Good morning, Cindy. It's great to see you here. Wow! The give away offer is great. Anyone would be luck to win one of your sweet romance stories. Does this one have a dog in it?

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Hi Cindy,
I'm putting up a test post. I see there are three threads, but I can't see the third one. I'm going to up this one up and see if it appears on my screen.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 09:05 AM
smilies/balsmilies.gI got the fourth thread. Tell us a little about one of your books. I can't wait to hear about all of them.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 09:09 AM
:clap:It looks as though Cindy had to leave. Be sure to check out her "Saying Hello" thread and reply to it if you'd like to enter to win a copy of Hazardous Hideaway.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Now's a great time to introduce you to Sweet Romance Author Darcy Flynn. She's sharing a review for her new book.
Keeper of My Heart by Darcy Flynn<o:p></o:p>
Review by Kat - Forever Book Lover<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
The storyline wasrefreshing, it was a lovely tale proving once again that love triumphs despiteobstacles along the way. If you are looking for a hot passionate romance book,you won't find it in this but what you will find is a sweet romantic story oftwo people finding their way to one another. You will be delighted in thebantering between Katie and Max, you may even find yourself chuckling out louda time or two. Max sometimes may have come across pompous, but Katie had atendency to do "over the top" things. The author created some greatsecondary characters which added to the depth of Katie and Max. Ms. Flynnbrought to life a realistic fishing town and within a few short pages, you feltthat you were a resident in the quaint town of Paige Point.

The love that Katiehas for Pop is sweet, it made me think of my own grandfather and what I woulddo for him if he asked. It was cute to find that love can still happen even inyour twilight years.

Ms. Flynn spun awonderful tale and I am sure you won't be disappointed .<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 09:19 AM
smilies/balsmilies.gWe're off to a great start at Books, Books and More Books. Sit back, sip some coffee and browse. And, be sure to check in later.
I'll be giving away a free download of Love Turns the Tide and a link for a free download to a new magazine, Splickety. The magazine's not romance stories, but I've read them and they're fun reads, some with a touch of mystery, one with humor. Check out Cindy's give away in the "Saying Hello" thread and reply to it. There's more to come, so pop in all during the day.

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Good morning, Cindy. It's great to see you here. Wow! The give away offer is great. Anyone would be luck to win one of your sweet romance stories. Does this one have a dog in it?

Hi Gail,
This one actually has three dogs in it. But, Gracie, a Collie mix made the cover.

I've just partnered with Friends In Need Animal Sanctuary and will be donating proceeds from the sale of my books to them. We are having a fundraiser on May 23rd on Amazon. All of the money I make that day on this book will be donated to them. I'm very excited about it! Please consider buying the ebook for only $5.99.

Fly into a good book today at: http://www.dragonflyromance.com (http://www.dragonflyromance.com/)

regina_eileen
May 17th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Be sure to come by on Thursday, May 17th, for Books, Books and More Books. Sweet romance authors Anne Patrick, Cindy Christiansen, Darcy Flynn, Danielle Thorne and Regina Andrews will join me. They'll be posting excerpts, reviews and blurbs from their books. It's a wonderful opportunity to find some great reads. There may be a give away or two. See you in my forum on Thursday, May 17th. The fun starts at 10:00 a.m., EST.

Hi Gail and Everyone! What a great idea for a forum, Gail, and I'm thrilled to have the chance to join in! I'll be here as much as possible - wish I could stay with you full-time! Thanks again, Regina www.reginaandrews.com (http://www.reginaandrews.com)

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Book Title: Hazardous Hideaway

Author Name: Cindy A. Christiansen
Publisher Name: Secret Cravings Publishing
Release Date for ebook: March 7, 2012
ISBN #: 978-1-61885-203-8 (ebook)
Price: $5.99
Word count: approximately 64,000
Purchase Link: http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=13&products_id=175
&#183; BLURB: Riding a bucking bronco would be easier than the ride Dallas Mae Jenkins is on. While escaping an abusive relationship, she ends up in a wreck and stranded at a remote dairy in Utah. Worse yet, the presence of her horse whips up memories of an old town murder, and Dallas finds herself in serious danger.
The last thing Tom Allred needs is a wily female working at his dairy, especially one dragging up a murder he was accused of committing. Will Tom’s antacids hold out until he can get rid of Dallas? Or, will she lasso his heart?

REVIEWS: "Hazardous Hideaway is a triumph for Christiansen." 5 Stars, Manic Readers Reviews
"This book is a quick read because you find yourself eager to know what happens next. A well crafted tale that will leave you feeling uplifted. I highly recommend it." 5 Stars, Foxpaw Reviews
EXCERPT:
Dallas Mae Jenkins darted another frantic look into her truck’s side mirror for what seemed like the millionth time in the last fifteen hours. Each time, she expected to see her husband’s white Corvette speeding up behind her. She touched her split lip and then reached for her painfully bruised ribs. Smoke from the fire still lingered in her braided, chestnut hair. She grimaced.
The potholed Utah highway sped beneath her truck, and she could feel her horse shifting his weight in the trailer behind her. Dallas increased her speed, hoping to find a place to stay before nightfall. She wiped the sweat from her palms onto her blue jeans. She had managed to get away, but for how long? How easy would it be for Ray to track her from Apple Valley, California, to Cokeville, Wyoming? Maybe she should’ve headed farther east. Maybe she should go back to Trimble, Colorado, where she’d grown up on a small farm. No, she definitely couldn’t go there. Ray would find her for sure. But would Cokeville be any safer?
Heavens. She didn’t know what to do or where to go. Her thoughts came like mixed-up jigsaw puzzle pieces, and she couldn’t seem to make any concrete decisions. Clearly, she had to keep moving. She’d never been able to keep a level head. Anxiety rose in her no matter how many deep breaths she drew.
She tried not to look into her side mirror again, but the compulsion got the better of her. Nothing but open road lay behind her. Relieved, she released her breath and looked at the highway. A wide-eyed doe stepped into her lane. Without thinking, she tromped on the brakes. The horse trailer swayed. She jerked off the brake.
Please, don’t jack-knife!
The deer thudded against the grill, came over the hood and then smashed the windshield into a thousand spider-web designs. The right front tire jolted into a succession of deep potholes and burst, jerking the steering wheel from her hand. She swerved into the oncoming lane in front of a blue Dodge pickup. The man blared his horn in warning. She swung her truck off the highway into the brush. She tried to bring her rig to a slow stop but didn’t see the fence suddenly before her. She crashed through the barbed-wire, which ripped at her tires like claws, and then smashed into a large juniper tree and high-centered on the broken remains.
The wind hurled from her lungs as her head crashed against the door window. Something warm trickled down her cheek. She gazed into the rearview mirror to see blood oozing from a fresh cut across her forehead. Sunken coffee-brown eyes peered back at her under swollen purplish lids, her old bruises still distorting her features. Ray had really done a job on her this time. She reached up and touched a painful new bump appearing near her left temple. Her head reeled from the pain.
A man’s reflection caught her attention in the truck mirror. Panic gripped her. But, no, thankfully, he wasn’t Ray. The man looked to be in his mid-twenties, tall and lean. He had the long muscular strides of a horse and the wildness of a stallion about him as he marched toward her.
He threw open the truck door, his icy-teal eyes boring holes into her. “What in tarnation were ya doing back there?”
“The deer...it—” she began to say in a daze.
“So ya swerved into my lane?” he questioned, in a unique central Utah drawl.
“The tire...” A wave of nausea rippled through her.
“Typical female driver.”
Her horse, Yuletide, snorted and kicked at the confining innards of the horse trailer. Dallas gasped, realizing he might be hurt. She undid her seatbelt and sunk her cowboy boots down into the hot clay soil. Pain ripped through her, and she reached for her ribs. The ground swayed, her vision blurred. Her knees buckled like a folding chair, but the man caught her before she fell.
“Whoa, wait a minute. Are ya all right?” He kept a firm grasp on her arm.
“My horse,” she said, struggling free. “I’ve got to get to my horse.”

Cindy A. Christiansen
Sweet Romance, Comedy, Suspense…and Dogs!
Fly into a good book today at: http://www.dragonflyromance.com

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Here's a little Q&A about my writing and the dog thing. :)

So who is your target audience?
My books are appropriate for teens and up. Women like my books because they are like good old-fashioned romances used to be. Men enjoy reading my books because I touch on subjects they enjoy, like mining, car restoration, farming, construction and mystery. My books are really no different than an action comedy movie. And, of course, anyone who loves dogs will enjoy what they bring to my books.

Dogs are a little unusual in romance books. Why dogs?
In my world, life just isn’t life without a dog, so my characters enjoy them too. I grew up on a farm and have always been around dogs. Writing about them brings me joy and so does seeing them on the covers of my books. As much as we can, my family donates time and money to shelters. In these poor economic times, pets are abandoned, neglected and abused. I’m trying to raise awareness and make people more conscious of their choices. I believe in spaying and neutering pets and adopting from shelters. I also believe there is a lot of unnecessary animal testing going on and think it should be stopped. With the sale of my books, I’m contributing to various organizations that support abused and abandoned dogs.

Was there something in your life that you witnessed that made you want to pursue animal rights?
Growing up on an isolated farm, dogs were my best friends and playmates. But, I witnessed a great deal of animal abuse, intentional and unintentional. Kids would throw rocks at the cows or shoot their BB guns at the horses. People would throw garbage and rocks into the fields that would damage the farm equipment and ruin the crops. And most distressing, people even poisoned and shot our dogs. We found our Blue Heeler, Duke, on the back steps to our house with a bullet in her head. She lived, thanks to my father’s excellent veterinarian skills, but she was never mentally stable after that. It’s as painful to think about today as it was to experience then.

So why choose romance? Why not books about dogs?
For one thing, I don’t write fantasy. I think I can better show how much pets, particularly dogs, can enhance a person’s life by including them in a contemporary book.

So if the dogs in your books are not the main characters, what do you expect your readers to understand about them after they’ve read one of your books?
Dogs contribute to our world in some very marvelous and amazing ways, like sniffing out cancer, assisting the disabled, aiding the police and so much more. Showing them as part of our lives, even in books, is so important. We have a responsibility to our dog friends. They are not just here for our entertainment. We need to be accountable in our choices toward them.

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Since I'm dealing with sickness right now (both me and my son), I thought I'd share some common questions that I get asked about writing with chronic health issues.

Did you always want to be a writer?
As a child, I had a very prolific imagination. I’d watch shows like Gunsmoke with my dad and decide I wanted the episode to end differently. The next day, I’d act out the script using our horse trailer as the jail and the hay wagon as the stagecoach. I think that contributed to my writing career. (lol)
Honestly, I’ve always enjoyed writing, but I got my degree in Computer Information Systems and worked as a programmer/analyst for an aerospace company for a number of years until I got extremely ill. I ended up in the hospital, had to quit my job, went on complete bed rest but never recovered. Now I find myself with around thirty health issues which affect me cognitively and physically.

Wow! Do you care to share some of those health issues with us?
I have a hard time talking about it. I try very hard to ignore my issues and live a normal life. But, I do struggle every day. I’ve had Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome since my early twenties. This illness alone is characterized by incapacitating fatigue, issues with concentration and short-term memory, flu-type symptoms, lowered immune function and mandatory recovery time after physical and mental exertion. I also have Fibromyalgia, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes, Heart Disease, Liver Disease, Kidney Disease, and Hashimoto’s Disease, to name a few.

It must be hard living with that many health issues. How does it affect your writing?
The cognitive issues are hard. I forget words, mix up words, and keep typing the same word repeatedly. I have difficulty focusing (brain fog), can’t remember how to spell even the simplest words, can’t express myself verbally, and completely blank out when asked a question. The inability to retain information is an even bigger issue. I’ll hear valuable information that pertains to my book, but I can’t remember it long enough to write it down. I also forget the details to my own books. Very embarrassing.

On the physical side, I can’t sit, stand or lie down for any length of time. I must take frequent breaks when typing. If I work too long, it can send me into a relapse and I will be bedridden for days or even weeks. Also, the light from the computer screen can be painful. Headaches, eye pain, and dry eyes are common problems and are aggravated by continual computer use. Because my immune system is in a weakened state, I tend to catch the majority of bugs going around. That makes it hard to do book signing or make public appearances. Getting sick can mean months before I’m able to write again.

That’s got to be challenging. Why do you choose to write when it must be a hardship?
Perseverance is what one needs to get through life. Life isn’t meant to be easy. You will see that in my characters’ lives. (lol) I also find writing cathartic. It’s a chance to escape from my limitations and live through my characters. I have a desire to contribute to the world in some way. I want to show others that they can still accomplish their dreams even though they have limitations. I want them to know they can make a difference, and they should never give up their dreams.

I noticed on your website that you’re married and have two autistic children. How does this affect your writing?
I have a wonderful, supportive husband who lets me be me. He tries to help me in any way he can. We have two children on the autism spectrum with co-morbid conditions, and it can be very challenging most of the time. My family comes first, so there are times I’m not able to write for months. I don’t let that discourage me. I can still work out plot details in my head so that I’m ready when I can actually find the time to sit down and write.

With your health issues and your children’s disabilities, why did you choose dogs to support? Why not autism or CFS or something like that?
I thought long and hard on that decision. If I ever become famous enough to make the big bucks, I’d like to donate to both CFS and autism organizations. But right now, writing is an escape from all of that for me. My dogs have helped me through the difficult periods of my health issues and everyday life. They comfort, heal and soothe away our troubles. They’ve been there for my children through tough times. There’s no better way to repay these wonderful animals than to support their cause.

regina_eileen
May 17th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Hi Gail and welcome to all!

Looking forward to our chat very much and I wish I could stay the whole time! Just a brief intro - I write sweet inspirational romance novels, and you can learn more about my books at www.reginaandrews.com

Right now I'm writing the Sterling lakes series, a nine-book inspirational series for Desert Breeze Publishing.

Here's the cover art for my new release, "Glory of the Heart" which come out on June 1st! What do you think?3118

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Hi Gail and Everyone! What a great idea for a forum, Gail, and I'm thrilled to have the chance to join in! I'll be here as much as possible - wish I could stay with you full-time! Thanks again, Regina www.reginaandrews.com (http://www.reginaandrews.com)

Hi Regina,
Great to have you. Tell us a little about one of your books. You've been getting some super reviews.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Oh wow, Cindy! Hazardous Hideaway sounds like great read, and you've gotten wonderful reviews. I love the collie on the cover.
Thanks for sharing!

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Hi Gail and welcome to all!

Looking forward to our chat very much and I wish I could stay the whole time! Just a brief intro - I write sweet inspirational romance novels, and you can learn more about my books at www.reginaandrews.com (http://www.reginaandrews.com)

Right now I'm writing the Sterling lakes series, a nine-book inspirational series for Desert Breeze Publishing.

Here's the cover art for my new release, "Glory of the Heart" which come out on June 1st! What do you think?3118

That's a beautiful cover, Regina. I've read some of your writing and it just flows. A wonderful series.

DanielleThorne
May 17th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Hi Gail and friends!

Thanks for the invitation to drop by and say hello! I hope everyone is excited about spring turning into summer. I know I'm ready for some good books on those days I'm ready to relax after yard work or spring cleaning!

There are lots of sweet romance authors out there, writing inspirational stories and fun adventures. I look forward to meeting some new peeps today and dropping some excerpts on a few of my books.

This spring marked my sixth release, young adult paranormal, DEATH CHEATER (http://www.amazon.com/Death-Cheater-ebook/dp/B0078X2LHC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1329321034&sr=8-4), and it's a new genre for me. Anyone can check out my book list at my website, www.daniellethorne.com (http://www.daniellethorne.com), if you enjoy sweet romance on the high seas, environmental feel good stories, or even classic Jane Austen inspired Regency.

See you soon!
Danielle Thorne

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 10:31 AM
smilies/fam03.gifLove the excerpt to Hazardous Hideaway. It has lots of emotion and suspense with humor coming through too.

DanielleThorne
May 17th, 2012, 10:32 AM
That's a beautiful cover, Regina. I've read some of your writing and it just flows. A wonderful series.

I can say with all earnestness that Regina Andrews' Sterling Lakes series is a wonderful collection of romance stories that are funny, sweet, romantic and very inspirational. Highly recommended!

Danielle Thorne

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Hi Gail and friends!

Thanks for the invitation to drop by and say hello! I hope everyone is excited about spring turning into summer. I know I'm ready for some good books on those days I'm ready to relax after yard work or spring cleaning!

There are lots of sweet romance authors out there, writing inspirational stories and fun adventures. I look forward to meeting some new peeps today and dropping some excerpts on a few of my books.

This spring marked my sixth release, young adult paranormal, DEATH CHEATER (http://www.amazon.com/Death-Cheater-ebook/dp/B0078X2LHC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1329321034&sr=8-4), and it's a new genre for me. Anyone can check out my book list at my website, www.daniellethorne.com (http://www.daniellethorne.com), if you enjoy sweet romance on the high seas, environmental feel good stories, or even classic Jane Austen inspired Regency.

See you soon!
Danielle Thorne

Hi Danielle,
It's great to have you. I'm looking forward to your excerpts.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 10:38 AM
:clap:Tell us a little about your new book, Death Cheater.

DanielleThorne
May 17th, 2012, 10:49 AM
:clap:Tell us a little about your new book, Death Cheater.

Thanks, Gail.

If there's any way for a paranormal to be inspirational, I think DEATH CHEATER does that. I wanted to delve into the paranormal, but I wanted it to be realistic and courageous. I hope I met my goal!

Here's the cover blurb:

Athena Gray lives vicariously through her sister because people in general avoid her. Whether it's strange things like dead butterflies fluttering to life, or the time she saved her dying grandpa just by willing him to live, Athena knows that she is different. The only person who doesn't seem to think so is Dan, the most popular boy on Omega High School's baseball team.

Find out more at Desert Breeze Publishing (http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-259/Death-Cheater-Danielle-Thorne/Detail.bok)... or visit my website or online bookstores.

Danielle Thorne

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Danielle's a talented writer and cook. I made her Southern Chocolate Fudge Pie last night for a friend who's ill. We ate half the pie. LOL

DanielleThorne
May 17th, 2012, 10:51 AM
3120A low rumble echoed around me, and the tall, dark trees went still. Not even a leaf stirred. My heart hummed, and a tingle of apprehension made my palms damp. A snarl came from the shadow of a tangled thorn bush, and soft, padding footsteps shuffled in the late afternoon gloom. My breathing went ragged with fear. Maybe it was a raccoon or an angry squirrel.

Athena.

Whipping around, I stared hard into the murk. A voice. It sounded gentle, but at the same time it sent chills down my arms. I glanced up through the hooded canopy of tree branches and tried to see heaven.

God?

There was a growl, and the terror I'd been holding at bay zipped up my spine into my skull. I was sure my long hair stood on end, like when kids touched the electrostatic generator at the science museum.

Something was coming for me, and it wasn't something from the woods. It'd been following me all day. Maybe even my entire life.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Death Cheater sounds like a great read for any age. I'd like to read that. I love the signs, such as the fluttering butterfly. Would love to read an excerpt.

DanielleThorne
May 17th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Danielle's a talented writer and cook. I made her Southern Chocolate Fudge Pie last night for a friend who's ill. We ate half the pie. LOL

Haha! Thanks, Gail.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 10:56 AM
3120A low rumble echoed around me, and the tall, dark trees went still. Not even a leaf stirred. My heart hummed, and a tingle of apprehension made my palms damp. A snarl came from the shadow of a tangled thorn bush, and soft, padding footsteps shuffled in the late afternoon gloom. My breathing went ragged with fear. Maybe it was a raccoon or an angry squirrel.

Athena.

Whipping around, I stared hard into the murk. A voice. It sounded gentle, but at the same time it sent chills down my arms. I glanced up through the hooded canopy of tree branches and tried to see heaven.

God?

There was a growl, and the terror I'd been holding at bay zipped up my spine into my skull. I was sure my long hair stood on end, like when kids touched the electrostatic generator at the science museum.

Something was coming for me, and it wasn't something from the woods. It'd been following me all day. Maybe even my entire life.

Oh wow! Thanks awesome, Danielle. Sends chills down my spine. Are you going to write more young adult books?

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Death Cheater sounds like a great read for any age. I'd like to read that. I love the signs, such as the fluttering butterfly. Would love to read an excerpt.

No sooner said than done! LOL

DanielleThorne
May 17th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Oh wow! Thanks awesome, Danielle. Sends chills down my spine. Are you going to write more young adult books?

I plan to write a sequel to DEATH CHEATER, and I have a middle grade reader novel called THE SEA KING in the works--but adult contemporary romance for my peers is really my favorite topic. Just sweet Southern romance that will make people happy.

Thanks for the nods, Gail--

Danielle

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 11:04 AM
How about By Heart and Compass? Do you have an excerpt from it? I can highly recommend Turtle Soup. That was such a well written fun book to read.

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Thanks, Gail.

If there's any way for a paranormal to be inspirational, I think DEATH CHEATER does that. I wanted to delve into the paranormal, but I wanted it to be realistic and courageous. I hope I met my goal!

Here's the cover blurb:

Athena Gray lives vicariously through her sister because people in general avoid her. Whether it's strange things like dead butterflies fluttering to life, or the time she saved her dying grandpa just by willing him to live, Athena knows that she is different. The only person who doesn't seem to think so is Dan, the most popular boy on Omega High School's baseball team.

Find out more at Desert Breeze Publishing (http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-259/Death-Cheater-Danielle-Thorne/Detail.bok)... or visit my website or online bookstores.

Danielle Thorne

Danielle,
The blurb sounds intriguing. Is there a murder mystery in there besides the character development?

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=DanielleThorne;160574]I plan to write a sequel to DEATH CHEATER, and I have a middle grade reader novel called THE SEA KING in the works--but adult contemporary romance for my peers is really my favorite topic. Just sweet Southern romance that will make people happy.

Thanks for the nods, Gail--

That will be something to look forward to. You have lots of experience writing sea stories and diving in it. Tell us a little about your latest dive. What a wonderful way to gather background material for your books.

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Thought I'd post the video to Hazardous Hideaway. I'm planning on entering it in a contest. What do you think?

http://youtu.be/ioWs6j-5axM

DanielleThorne
May 17th, 2012, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=CindyDragonfly;160575]Danielle,
The blurb sounds intriguing. Is there a murder mystery in there besides the character development?

Hi Cindy!

No murder mystery in DEATH CHEATER but there are some close calls. ;)

Danielle

DanielleThorne
May 17th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Thought I'd post the video to Hazardous Hideaway. I'm planning on entering it in a contest. What do you think?

I LOVE the cover of HAZARDOUS HIDEAWAY. Beautiful dog--I love that about your books.

DanielleThorne
May 17th, 2012, 11:21 AM
[QUOTEYou have lots of experience writing sea stories and diving in it. Tell us a little about your latest dive. What a wonderful way to gather background material for your books.[/QUOTE]

I guess that's why I'm drawn to your book and cover, Gail. I love the beach and oceans.

My last dive was off of Key Largo last year. My 16 year old son had just been certified so he did several dives. I did one with him off a reef at about 60 feet. Sometimes reefs are very busy, sometimes there's not much going on. Depends on the time of day and how the environment has been effected. Sadly, global warming has bleached out and killed many Caribbean reefs, and then there's the problem with the Lionfish predator not native to our waters. They're picking over our reefs, too. :( It's sad--but the sea is still a beautiful, mysterious place.

I'd dive a lot more often if it wasn't so hard on my ears!

Danielle

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 11:21 AM

I love the cover and I loved the excerpt too. Posted about it earlier, but you were already gone. I'll see if I can find it.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 11:24 AM
[QUOTEYou have lots of experience writing sea stories and diving in it. Tell us a little about your latest dive. What a wonderful way to gather background material for your books.

I guess that's why I'm drawn to your book and cover, Gail. I love the beach and oceans.

My last dive was off of Key Largo last year. My 16 year old son had just been certified so he did several dives. I did one with him off a reef at about 60 feet. Sometimes reefs are very busy, sometimes there's not much going on. Depends on the time of day and how the environment has been effected. Sadly, global warming has bleached out and killed many Caribbean reefs, and then there's the problem with the Lionfish predator not native to our waters. They're picking over our reefs, too. :( It's sad--but the sea is still a beautiful, mysterious place.

I'd dive a lot more often if it wasn't so hard on my ears!

Danielle[/QUOTE]

You're diving experience is such great material for your books, and yes, I love the beach and the ocean. I enjoyed writing a book set at the shore. Do you have any more books planned with dive scenes in them?

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 11:29 AM
smilies/fam03.gifLove the excerpt to Hazardous Hideaway. It has lots of emotion and suspense with humor coming through too.

This tells us how lucky we'd be to win Cindy's book. Reply to her "Saying hello" thread and she'll enter you in a drawing at the end of the day for this great book.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I've always wanted to go to the Keyes. Haven't made it yet, but I plan to keep trying. Do you have any books set in that location or are most of your sea stories based on the Caribbean?

DanielleThorne
May 17th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I've always wanted to go to the Keyes. Haven't made it yet, but I plan to keep trying. Do you have any books set in that location or are most of your sea stories based on the Caribbean?

My books are all set in the Southern US and the Caribbean, with the exception of my Regency, JOSETTE, set in merry ol' England.

DanielleThorne
May 17th, 2012, 11:47 AM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="annotation text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:justify; text-indent:.5in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";} </style> <![endif]--> 3121BY HEART AND COMPASS
Danielle Thorne
www.daniellethorne.com (http://www.daniellethorne.com)

When Lacey Whitman buys a restored Victorian home, she never dreams discovering an antique diary will lead her back to sea and into the arms of the dive bum she’d rather forget. Her habit of living in the past comes to a screeching halt as diver Max Bertrand and the diary of his ancestor take Lacey on the quest of a lifetime: To discover and raise the privateer ship, Specter, and bring the treasure and legacy of a true hero home again. But will finding it cost her heart?

EXCERPT:
Sitting outside, one of the divers looked busy replacing the o-ring on a scuba tank.

"I'm looking for Max?"

The long haired employee didn't bother to stand, much less look up.

"So?"

"I'm Lacey Whitman, and I'm looking for the Max that owns the museum."

"You call that worthless shack a museum?"

Dumbfounded, Lacey couldn't think of any reply.

"What do you want?"

"I'm looking for Max," she repeated, feeling a flash of impatience. "I have some papers for him."

"Warrant, restraining order, or paternity test?"

After a pause in which she realized he was serious, she replied in frustration, "I have some research for the Bertrand family and someone at the museum told me to come down here."

Lacey caught herself biting her lip.

Finally, the man of absolutely no assistance put down the tank and stood up. Short and compact, he had amazing turquoise eyes that glowed from a dark, tanned complexion. Loose strands of sun-kissed brown hair blew about his face in the breeze.

"Max doesn't need anymore paperwork. He doesn't want to see your research, and he is not giving dive lessons."

"I didn't ask for a dive lesson."

The diver sat back down again, crossing thick tattooed arms over himself. They stared one another down until he won. It was cheating to look her over as if she was a sweet little morsel, but it worked.

"I just want to talk to Max," she demanded.

He stared back with no expression. "You just did. Now get off my beach."

Lacey's cheeks were already flushed from getting the once over by this beach bum. His insult made her red all over.

"I'll be sure to let them know at the Bertrand Museum," she threatened, as if it mattered.

She turned on her heel and stalked off but he called after her, "Lady, I am the Bertrand Museum!"

BUY NOW AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/By-Heart-and-Compass-ebook/dp/B003U8AFIG/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280802562&sr=1-10

BUY NOW PUBLISHER: http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-96/By-Heart-and-Compass/Detail.bok

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 11:50 AM
smilies/balsmilies.gMy husband is pacing and insisting on lunch. For anyone online or who comes by, please keep posting and visiting. We have lots going on. Great excerpts and reviews. A couple give-aways planned. Will be posting about a give-away for a free download of Love Turns the Tide after lunch.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 11:53 AM
3121BY HEART AND COMPASS
Danielle Thorne
www.daniellethorne.com (http://www.daniellethorne.com)

When Lacey Whitman buys a restored Victorian home, she never dreams discovering an antique diary will lead her back to sea and into the arms of the dive bum she’d rather forget. Her habit of living in the past comes to a screeching halt as diver Max Bertrand and the diary of his ancestor take Lacey on the quest of a lifetime: To discover and raise the privateer ship, Specter, and bring the treasure and legacy of a true hero home again. But will finding it cost her heart?

EXCERPT:
Sitting outside, one of the divers looked busy replacing the o-ring on a scuba tank.

"I'm looking for Max?"

The long haired employee didn't bother to stand, much less look up.

"So?"

"I'm Lacey Whitman, and I'm looking for the Max that owns the museum."

"You call that worthless shack a museum?"

Dumbfounded, Lacey couldn't think of any reply.

"What do you want?"

"I'm looking for Max," she repeated, feeling a flash of impatience. "I have some papers for him."

"Warrant, restraining order, or paternity test?"

After a pause in which she realized he was serious, she replied in frustration, "I have some research for the Bertrand family and someone at the museum told me to come down here."

Lacey caught herself biting her lip.

Finally, the man of absolutely no assistance put down the tank and stood up. Short and compact, he had amazing turquoise eyes that glowed from a dark, tanned complexion. Loose strands of sun-kissed brown hair blew about his face in the breeze.

"Max doesn't need anymore paperwork. He doesn't want to see your research, and he is not giving dive lessons."

"I didn't ask for a dive lesson."

The diver sat back down again, crossing thick tattooed arms over himself. They stared one another down until he won. It was cheating to look her over as if she was a sweet little morsel, but it worked.

"I just want to talk to Max," she demanded.

He stared back with no expression. "You just did. Now get off my beach."

Lacey's cheeks were already flushed from getting the once over by this beach bum. His insult made her red all over.

"I'll be sure to let them know at the Bertrand Museum," she threatened, as if it mattered.

She turned on her heel and stalked off but he called after her, "Lady, I am the Bertrand Museum!"

BUY NOW AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/By-Heart-and-Compass-ebook/dp/B003U8AFIG/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280802562&sr=1-10

BUY NOW PUBLISHER: http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-96/By-Heart-and-Compass/Detail.bok

Paternity test. LOL
What a fun excerpt, great tension and Bertrand is a guy I'd like to know.

regina_eileen
May 17th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Wonderful excerpt! Your books are fantastic, Danielle, and I encourage everyone to check them out. :-)

I have had fun meeting some new writers this morning, too, and I've loved your blurbs, excerpts and ideas that you've posted. I am looking forward this summer as I have them on my reading list.

So thank you, Gail, for brining us all together Innocent?

Here's a blurb from "Glory of the Heart", releasing June 1st.

Blurb:
Perrin Stafford, a war hero, has based his life on the ideals of his father and pursued a livelihood in the realm of stonework and masonry. Returning to Sterling Lakes, he finds the truth about his past in the attic of CC Cogshell’s house – and for CC, who has started a new life in the rural New England town, this seminal move in her life as she leaves a terrible relationship may lead her to places she never dreamed of going. It is through the past that they will both be able to move into their futures…will it be a future that they can share together?

MORE NEWS...
I also have a book, "In Good Faith" available at Awe-Struck Publishing, the same publishing house as Gail's "Love Turns the Tide". Here's a blurb and the link: http://bit.ly/JO115w

The cover looks like this:
http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/webkit-fake-url://B1C8D8EA-5A2A-4A88-A708-1220894B23B6/in_good_faith.jpg
BLURB

In Good Faith

Haley Hawthorne is a successful Art Director at a high-powered greeting card company in Manhattan. Designer clothes and expensive material luxuries are what she uses to try and fill the emptiness inside -- but it wasn't always that way for her.

Orphaned at a young age, Haley was raised in rural Dunbar Falls by her Uncle Nelson amid pasture lands and a clear sense of the things that matter most in life, including her joyful relationship with God.

One day Aaron Carrier, her old friend from Dunbar Falls pays her a surprise visit to her office at Sterling Greeting Cards with devastating news about Uncle Nelson. When she returns home to Dunbar Falls, Haley is faced with a professional decision upon inheriting Uncle Nelson’s air-conditioning company. More than that, she faces a crossroads in her heart. It is a crisis of faith, of loyalty and of love.

What does God want her to do? Will she be able to return home to Dunbar Falls and all that it has meant for her? And will Aaron Carrier be more than a friend?

LINK: http://bit.ly/JO115w

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I LOVE the cover of HAZARDOUS HIDEAWAY. Beautiful dog--I love that about your books.

Thanks, Danielle. I know publishers/authors who put dogs on the covers even if the book doesn't have one in it because it is a draw. I figured I should be doing it because I really like to focus on dogs since I donate to help them.

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 01:05 PM
I was just meeting with some ladies in my neighborhood. We were discussing how great sweet romances are and they wanted to know other authors who write sweet romance. Glad I had a few great names and book titles to suggest. :talkphone:

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Here's a little more about one of my most popular books, Love on Laird Avenue:

Book Title: Love on Laird Avenue

Release Date for ebook: Sept 25, 2011
ISBN #: 978-1-61885-023-2 (ebook)
Price: $4.99
Word count: approximately 65,500
Purchase Link: http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=13&products_id=136
· Release Date for paperback: Nov 11, 2011
ISBN #: 978-1-61885-095-9 (paperback)
Price: $12.50
Page count: 210 pages
Purchase Link: https://www.createspace.com/3723636
· BLURB:
Who said it would be easy for Tatum to leave her over-protective father, buy a 1911 bungalow, and start her own business at the same time? When things fall apart, literally, she hires a hunky home restoration specialist named Ryan to come to her rescue. She never dreamed he’d have his own ideas about protecting her...namely sabotaging her dates.
· REVIEWS:
"...a fine and much recommended read, not to be missed." Midwest Book Review
"...extremely funny and heart-warming." 4 Stars, Romantic Times Book Reviews
"This suspenseful seamlessly crafted book is delightful..." 5 Star​s, Conger Books Reviews
"...truly a comical story from beginning to end." 4 1/2 Stars, Manic Readers Reviews
· EXCERPT:
“Jen, this house is my worst nightmare,” Tatum said, raging over the phone as she waded knee deep through piles of laundry on the back porch. “How could this tiny little two bedroom bungalow with one tiny little bathroom and less than one-fifth of an acre cost over six hundred thousand dollars?”
“It’s all about location, Tate.”
She tried to pull the door closed, but a pair of designer jeans was caught in the door jam. “Yes, I’ve heard of location, but have they heard of the Lemon Law?”
“It doesn’t apply to houses. I told you we should have taken more time to check the house out, but no…you had to have it. It was your dream home. Remember?”
Tatum sighed. “Don’t remind me. There’s no way I want to admit I made a mistake to my father. He’s like a lion ready to pounce, waiting to prove that I’ve screwed up by moving out on my own and starting my own business at the same time.” She pulled at the t-shirt sticking to her sweaty body and tried to cool herself. Somehow, now that it was her house, even the air conditioning didn’t work.
Most importantly, there weren’t enough outlets in the house and certainly not enough in the den to run the computer equipment for her business. Maybe she should have figured that out when the switches were the old-fashioned little circle buttons, but she hadn’t had time to worry about it. She wanted this house, and someone else would have snapped it up had she let them list it.
“Any luck finding a renovator to start on the place?” Jen questioned.
Tatum headed for the dining room and flopped down in a chair at the table, studying her notebook. “I must have made about thirty calls in the last couple of days. Everyone keeps referring me to a…a Ryan Bulldarren of Bulldarren Renovation Specialists. They say he’s the only one in the city who will touch these old walls unless I want to run all the new wiring on the outside and enclose it in metal casings like they do now. Yuck.” She wiped at the sweat dripping from the nape of her neck.
“Sounds to me like you better call him.”
“I can hear the dollars per hour zinging up just for the word specialist.” Tatum bit at her fingernail.
“Come on, Tate. You at least have to call him and find out.”
“I already have. At least nine times in the last two days. I keep leaving messages.” She sighed. “I’m doomed. I can’t keep using your computer system. I’m independent, remember?”
Ding-dong.
“Gotta go, Jen. Somebody’s at the door,” Tatum said, screeching off the sticky, wooden chair.
She flipped her phone closed and swung the front door open. The coolest drink of water she had ever seen stood before her. He was right off some hunky handyman calendar.
“Can…can I help you?” Tatum tried to stop her eyes from blinking in disbelief.
“I’m Ryan Bulldarren. Co-owner of Bulldarren Renovation Specialists.”
“But I never reached you. I never talked to you. We never actually spoke…or anything.”
“You left me twenty-one messages, all of them desperate, with your name, phone number and address. This is the soonest I could get here. I’ve even had other construction companies calling me to call you back so you’ll quit calling them.”
“Oh, sorry about that.” She looked down and played with the carpet fibers in the rug with her big toe. She desperately wanted to sneak another peek at his bulging muscles underneath his paint-stained t-shirt and his lean hips beneath his work-worn jeans. He’d obviously done a lot of physical work in his day. His skin had seen the sun; his calloused hands had earned their pay. His sky-blue eyes melted her insides, and she curbed her desire to run her hands through his curly chocolate-brown hair. She kept her vision focused on a single fiber in the rug.
She heard him clear his throat.
“Ms. Stewart?”
“What?” she asked, still studying the floor.
“I…uh…do you think I could come in and take a look at the job?”
“Oh, excuse me. I was distracted by an earlier phone call. Please, come in.” She had to focus on the job. After all, her house was crumbling around her ears. She needed outlets in practically every room, the air-conditioning didn’t work and something was wrong with the plumbing.
“As I said on the phone, I need a bid on putting in outlets in my den, which I’m converting to my office. I just moved here, and I’m trying to start my own computer consulting business.” She pulled her clinging t-shirt away from her chest and flapped it to cool herself. “It’s not part of renovating, but do you think you could look at my cooling system?”
Ryan backed his way to the door. “Uh…I’ll…I’ll have an estimate to you about the outlets as soon as I can.”
“But you didn’t even go in the den.”
“How many outlets did you need?”
“At least four,” she yelled as he was slamming the door.
That was strange.

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Nothing like a video to entice a reader:

http://youtu.be/_oHt213CzVc

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Look at all the fantastic blurbs and excerpts. Wow! You ladies rock!

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Former combat medic Kory Wagner has been in four war zones, served three tours in Iraq, survived countless firefights, RPG’s, IED’s and even a helicopter crash. Now she’s home and out of the Army for good and someone is trying to kill her in her own backyard. Just as disturbing is the handsome sheriff who’s on the case.

Sheriff Sean Harding doesn’t quite know what to think of the decorated veteran that managed to outsmart an entire search party. What bothers him more is the body of a PI, whom she hired to find her sister's killer, was found dead in a building Kory owns. And Kory isn’t being very cooperative with helping him find the answers as to why someone would kill her sister and want her dead. Will he be able to keep her alive along enough to discover the truth?

Available at Desert Breeze Publishing (http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-227/Wounded-Heros-Book-One/Detail.bok), Christianbook.com, Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Wounded-Heroes-Book-One-ebook/dp/B0067DE258/ref=sr_1_52?ie=UTF8&qid=1321336626&sr=8-52), Barnes & Noble (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/wounded-heroes-book-one-anne-patrick/1107396600?ean=2940013446410&itm=14&usri=anne%252bpatrick), and most online bookstores.

Excerpt

The steel door creaked as she pushed it open, the sound echoing throughout the metal building. "Mr. Urlik?" She waited for her eyes to adjust to the change in lighting before stepping all the way inside. A wide stream of light from the door spread out in front of her. "Mr. Urlik. Are you in here?"

Kory heard a sound a few yards in front of her. She quickly scanned the area. Three rows of huge metal shelves lined the interior. She inched forward, peering around the corner of the second row. Mr. Urlik lay on his side, facing her, clutching his chest. His eyes were opened and his mouth moved, but no sound came out. A heart attack? She ran to him, knelt down on the cement floor, and took his hand. It was wet, slimy. She looked down and saw his hand covered in blood. Her eyes shifted to his chest. A large crimson stain spread across the width of his white shirt from a small hole near the center. He was breathing erratically. Experience told her a bullet had pierced at least one lung and he didn't have much time. She immediately pressed the heel of her right hand against the wound.

"I'm sorry," he murmured.

"Where's your cell phone?" Hers was in her backpack but she didn't want to waste valuable time digging it out.

"No time. Get out."

"Who did this, Mr. Urlik?"

He grabbed her right hand and squeezed it tightly. "You were right -- no accident."

His hand went limp.

Kory felt something in the palm of her hand, looked down and saw it was a key. She shoved it into her jeans pocket. A whizzing sound buzzed past her, followed by the unmistakable clink of a bullet ricocheting off metal. She instinctively threw herself over his body as another bullet struck metal. Kory felt for a pulse. There was none. She lowered her hand to his chest and felt under both arms and along his waist. I thought all PIs carried guns. Just my luck this one didn't.

She scrambled to her feet, as more shots ricocheted around her, and dove through an opening on the first row of shelves. A piercing pain sliced through her upper arm as she took cover behind some boxes. They wouldn't shield her from the gunfire but they would conceal her presence while she figured out how she was going to get out of there. She paused long enough to grab her cell phone from her backpack, wishing she hadn't when another bullet tore through a box beside her. She ducked lower to the floor.

Kory ignored the throbbing in her arm and slithered along the floor toward the back of the building. As a child, she and her sister, Callie, had often accompanied her grandfather to the warehouse where he worked on boats as a hobby. She remembered a back exit that led to the side parking lot and nearby woods. If she could reach the door, she had a chance of getting out of this alive. She looked down at the tear in her shirt, drenched with blood.

This isn't good!

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Hi Anne,
It's great to have you with us!

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I've read By Heart and Compass and Love Turns the Tide. They're both great books. I highley recommend them. Cindy, I haven't read any of yours yet but you're on my TBR list.

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 02:07 PM
It's great to be here. Thanks for the invite!

Hi Anne,
It's great to have you with us!

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 02:09 PM
A chilling, suspenseful excerpt from Kill Shot, Anne. I'll have to put that one on my TBR list too. I love mysteries, and yours are so good, the kind I can't put down.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 02:10 PM
I've read By Heart and Compass and Love Turns the Tide. They're both great books. I highley recommend them. Cindy, I haven't read any of yours yet but you're on my TBR list.

Thanks, Anne!

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 02:12 PM
http://annepatrick.weebly.com/uploads/3/7/5/6/3756406/6801768.jpg?205 (http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-98/Anne-Patrick-Fire-and/Detail.bok)
Fire Investigator Sadie McGregor has been called to her hometown of Emerald Point, Missouri to investigate a suspicious fire which claimed the life of a local college student. By appearance the fire looks like the girl was just careless. What Sadie and Sheriff Quinn Harrington discover will not only affect those close to them, but will rock the entire community of Emerald Point and put Sadie’s life on the line.

Sadie’s life isn’t the only thing at stake. Struggling with the guilt of having been responsible for the fire that killed her family, when she was only seven, Sadie doesn’t feel she’s worthy of God’s love and forgiveness. Will Quinn be able to prove otherwise before it’s too late?

Purchase the eBook at Desert Breeze Publishing! (http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-98/Anne-Patrick-Fire-and/Detail.bok) Christianbook.com
(http://www.christianbook.com/fire-and-ash-ebook/anne-patrick/9781936000944/pd/13543EB?item_code=WW&netp_id=868083&event=EBRN&view=details)or Amazon.com. (http://www.amazon.com/Fire-and-Ash-ebook/dp/B003U8AG12/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1278032308&sr=1-1)

EXCERPT

It was late afternoon before they arrived at the address the Ingram's had given them. Quinn parked his truck across the street and glanced up at the three-story brick building. "Third floor, right?"

Instead of an answer, Quinn heard Sadie's door close and looked over just in time to see her crossing in front of the truck, as usual, taking the lead. He smiled, grabbed the keys from the ignition, and reached for the door handle.

The sound of squealing tires caught Quinn's attention. He looked out his windshield as a black sports car pulled away from the curb. Shifting his gaze to the street, he saw Sadie was directly in its path. He jumped from the truck and yelled, "Look out!" then saw Sadie dive onto the hood of a parked car.

Quinn's heart pounded in his chest as he raced across the street. When he came around the front of the car she'd dove onto, he found her sitting with a dazed look on her face. He knelt beside her, "Are you okay?"

She blinked her eyes. "I definitely need to visit the gym more often."

He chuckled, relieved she was all right and that her humor was still intact. "I don't know I haven't seen a move like that since Starsky and Hutch."

"Will I need to call my insurance agent?"

He rose on his toes to peer across the hood of the late model Buick and saw a fairly good size dent in the hood. "I'm afraid so."

He offered his hand in assistance and she stood on wobbly legs. "Whoa!" She grabbed hold of his arm.

He steadied her by slipping his arm around her waist. "Are you sure you're okay?" Beginning with her forehead his eyes worked their way downward.

"I'm fine."

He spotted a dark stain near the left pocket of her jeans. "No you're not. You're bleeding."

"It must be my elbow, it's beginning to sting."

He gently raised it. Sure enough, blood seeped out of a one inch cut just below the bone. He took both her forearms and guided her backwards to lean against the Buick. "Stay put, don't move." He ran across the street to his truck, removed his first aid kit from behind the seat. When he returned, Sadie was nowhere in sight.

<CENTER>

"Another Fastastic Novel!!!! Anne Patrick's novel, "Fire and Ash" is a well-written novel that flows wonderfully...A fantastic read!"

Ursshebear - Night Owl Reviews (http://www.nightowlreviews.com/nor/Reviews/Ursshebear-reviews-Fire-And-Ash-by-Anne-Patrick.aspx)
Rating = 5 Stars
</CENTER>

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Anne, your latest book, Trespasses, sounds really good too! Tell us a bit about it.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 02:18 PM
What a great blurb and excerpt for Fire and Ash. It makes me want to know what's going to happen to Sadie. How sad for her to think she isn't worthy of God's love. I know this book will straighten that out. The journey's bound to be a good one.

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 02:20 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tlrM-Tc_3Ok/T3-jAxAJuBI/AAAAAAAABS4/l_eiw6Ye-Ls/s320/TrespassesCoverArtSM_72dpi.jpg (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tlrM-Tc_3Ok/T3-jAxAJuBI/AAAAAAAABS4/l_eiw6Ye-Ls/s1600/TrespassesCoverArtSM_72dpi.jpg)
Trespasses, Book Two WH Series

When the skeletal remains of three young women are discovered on the vacation estate of a U.S. Senator, the local sheriff enlists the help of Special Agent Gabe Landry and a local forensic sketch artist to help him solve the murders. As a profiler, Gabe knows his skills are useless until they discover the identity of the victims.

That’s where the beautiful and talented Mackayla Kensington comes in. Mackayla is all too familiar with the heartache of not knowing the fate of a loved one. The brutal murder of her own daughter is the driving force behind her determination to bring closure to families missing loved ones. Using her artistry skills, Mackayla works frantically to put faces to the skulls so that their identities can be revealed and the killer can be caught. When the killer realizes how good she is, it appears she may be the next to die.

Available at Desert Breeze Publishing (http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-227/Wounded-Heros-Book-One/Detail.bok),
Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Wounded-Heroes-Book-Two-ebook/dp/B008257TYK/ref=la_B002C793SE_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336881645&sr=1-1), Barnes & Noble (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/wounded-heroes-book-one-anne-patrick/1107396600?ean=2940013446410&itm=14&usri=anne%252bpatrick), and most online bookstores.

Excerpt
Gabe scanned the departing passengers, wishing he'd thought to bring a sign or something with her name scribbled on it. The only description he had was she's around five-eight, slender, very pretty, with long brown hair.

"Agent Landry," a woman's voice called out.

He turned to his left and saw a woman, or at least what he thought was a woman, approach him. She wore hiking boots, blue jeans, gray sweatshirt, and a backwards baseball cap. On her back, she toted a backpack almost as big as she was. She looked like she'd been trekking across the Himalayas. "They switched gates on us at the last minute." She offered her hand, along with a beautiful smile. "Mackayla Kensington. It's nice to meet you."

"How'd you know who I was?"

"I phoned Adam from the plane. He told me a federal agent would be meeting me, and you G-men all look alike."

"Do you have luggage?"

"I'm wearing it. I figured you wouldn't be leaving without me so I saved you a trip to baggage."

"Thanks. Appreciate it."

The trip from the airport to the parking lot was filled with polite conversation, mostly consisting of how much cooler it was compared to El Salvador. Arriving at his rental car, a gray Crown Victoria, he helped her off with her backpack. As heavy as it was, he wondered if she had taken along her whole wardrobe. "Do you want to pick up something to eat on the way to the lab, or do you need to get some sleep first?" he asked, slipping the pack into the trunk.

"I slept on the plane, and I'm not hungry."

Relieved of the pack, she was a lot smaller in appearance. A few inches shorter than him, he guessed she couldn't weigh much more than one-thirty. She was still wearing the backwards baseball cap, her brown hair neatly braided, draped loosely over her left shoulder. She looked to be in her mid to late thirties, somewhat older than he'd expected.

"You've only been a forensic sketch artist for six years?" he asked as he maneuvered his way onto the interstate.

"Yes. I was an art teacher previous. Seventh and eighth graders. I like this job better, the skulls don't talk back."

Gabe smiled at her. He liked her sense of humor. "So how long before you can get started?"

"I can get started tonight if you have the forensic data and Forrester left me his notes."

He liked her enthusiasm too. "Are you sure you're up to it?"

"The sooner we get started the sooner we can get these women home to their families."

"And the murderer behind bars," he added.

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 02:24 PM
She has had a rough go at it but God has placed Quinn and a few others in her life to prove God never forsakes us!

What a great blurb and excerpt for Fire and Ash. It makes me want to know what's going to happen to Sadie. How sad for her to think she isn't worthy of God's love. I know this book will straighten that out. The journey's bound to be a good one.

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 02:26 PM
What about you, Gail? Are you working on anything new?

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I enjoyed the excerpt from Trespasses. There's a bit of humor in this scene. That's great to go along with the mystery and suspense that are every present in an Anne Patrick book. "The skulls don't talk back." LOL

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah, my niece says my smart mouth comes out in all my characters :).

I enjoyed the excerpt from Trespasses. There's a bit of humor in this scene. That's great to go along with the mystery and suspense that are every present in an Anne Patrick book. "The skulls don't talk back." LOL

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 02:29 PM
What about you, Gail? Are you working on anything new?

Hi Anne,
Thanks for asking. I have a teen novel, Stopped Cold, that's looking for a publishing home. My current WIP is a romantic mystery with humor. Would love to see these two in print in the near future.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Yeah, my niece says my smart mouth comes out in all my characters :).
Too funny!!

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Awesome! Stopped Cold, is it a mystery too?

Hi Anne,
Thanks for asking. I have a teen novel, Stopped Cold, that's looking for a publishing home. My current WIP is a romantic mystery with humor. Would love to see these two in print in the near future.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Here's the link for a free download to "Splickety." I have a short story, "Lifeline," in it. The magazine is flash fiction. It's great to take to doctors' offices or anywhere a person has to wait. It's easy to finish a story. Mine is about a young lady whose father dies. Her mother can't take care of them, so the young lady is desperate. She finds an answer though, and the story has a happy ending.
I've read the other stories and liked them all. Here's a link for a free download http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/324163

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Awesome! Stopped Cold, is it a mystery too?

Hi Anne,
Stopped Cold is a mystery. A young man has a stroke from taking a steroid. His sister and her friends walk the edge of a dangerous sub-culture to find the drug dealers who sold it to him. His sister, Margaret, visits her brother at the hospital, goes to school, competes in swim meets and looks for the criminals. She grows fond of her friend, Jimmy, who's helping them. Four chapters of the book are on a site called Authonomy. Here's the link http://www.authonomy.com/books/42494/stopped-cold/ (http://www.authonomy.com/books/42494/stopped-cold/)

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Do you already have another WIP. You just finished Trespasses, but if I had to guess, I'd bet there's another in the works, either as an idea or on paper.

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Great. I've been reading a lot of short stories lately. I'll check it out.

Here's the link for a free download to "Splickety." I have a short story, "Lifeline," in it. The magazine is flash fiction. It's great to take to doctors' offices or anywhere a person has to wait. It's easy to finish a story. Mine is about a young lady whose father dies. Her mother can't take care of them, so the young lady is desperate. She finds an answer though, and the story has a happy ending.
I've read the other stories and liked them all. Here's a link for a free download http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/324163

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I'm working on book #3 in the series. There are a total of five under contract to be published through 2014. I also have a new release coming in July titled Fire Creek. It's the first in my KT Randal series. It's about a female mystery writer who gets caught up in a real life mystery that places her life in danger.

Do you already have another WIP. You just finished Trespasses, but if I had to guess, I'd bet there's another in the works, either as an idea or on paper.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 02:59 PM
:clap:I've enjoyed reading about your awards. I know you've gotten quite a few. Tell us about them.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I'm working on book #3 in the series. There are a total of five under contract to be published through 2014. I also have a new release coming in July titled Fire Creek. It's the first in my KT Randal series. It's about a female mystery writer who gets caught up in a real life mystery that places her life in danger.

Oh, that sounds good. Makes me think of "Murder She Wrote," but I know from reading your books, yours will be much more suspenseful than that.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I read Renegade Hearts. It was a fun book to read too, and I loved the scenes on the ranch. I felt like I was right there taking part in it. Tell us a little about it and how you came to write it.

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 03:10 PM
You're so sweet, Gail. Actually the premise is similar. Only Kasey is a lot younger and there is a handsome native american guy who tries to keep her out of trouble.

Oh, that sounds good. Makes me think of "Murder She Wrote," but I know from reading your books, yours will be much more suspenseful than that.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 03:12 PM
You're so sweet, Gail. Actually the premise is similar. Only Kasey is a lot younger and there is a handsome native american guy who tries to keep her out of trouble.

Oh interesting. I see. There's an opportunity for a romance too to go along with the suspense and mystery.

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Kill Shot was a finalist in the 2011 Grace Awards in the Myster/Suspense category.
Fire and Ash was a LASR 'Best Book of 2010' Nominee & it was Winner of The Romance Reviews 'Best Inspirational 2010'.
:clap:I've enjoyed reading about your awards. I know you've gotten quite a few. Tell us about them.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Kill Shot was a finalist in the 2011 Grace Awards in the Myster/Suspense category.
Fire and Ash was a LASR 'Best Book of 2010' Nominee & it was Winner of The Romance Reviews 'Best Inspirational 2010'.

Wow! Congratulations!

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 03:21 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qFzmW5S63xc/Trr6pWhffEI/AAAAAAAABI0/aqO4HFDmrHc/s320/RenegadeHeartsCoverSm.jpg (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qFzmW5S63xc/Trr6pWhffEI/AAAAAAAABI0/aqO4HFDmrHc/s1600/RenegadeHeartsCoverSm.jpg)

Single mother Jenny Holloway has her hands full running a 1200-acre ranch, and keeping her daredevil son out of the emergency room. So when her foreman suggests she hire on his son Gil Montgomery, who just got home from the war, Jenny jumps at the opportunity of having another skilled cowboy around.

Gil was used to taking orders, even from women. What he wasn’t prepared for was the feelings this little firecracker of a woman triggered in him. Jenny is a lot like the bronco she’s rescued and is now trying to break. The unexpected death of her husband has left her jaded and afraid to risk her heart getting broken again. Somehow, he has to gain her trust and prove that he isn’t going anywhere.

Purchase the eBook at my publisher (http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-206/Anne-Patrick-Renegade-Heart/Detail.bok), Christianbook.com (http://www.christianbook.com/renegade-hearts-ebook-music/9781612520810/pd/21201EB?item_code=WW&netp_id=953832&event=ESRCG&view=details), Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Renegade-Hearts-ebook/dp/B005MZ8GJU/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1316053113&sr=1-1), Barnes and Noble (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/books/1105618725), and most online bookstores!

Excerpt

Gil helped distribute and light all the candles. By the time they were done it was almost as bright as if the lights had never gone out.

"Thanks, guys," Jenny said.

Gil looked over at her. She looked miserable. "How's the pain?"

"It's okay."

It was the answer he had expected. Gil picked up a stack of magazines from a nearby table and moved to one of the chairs. He sorted through the titles of mostly ranching magazines until he found one on sports. The minutes crept by and every now and then they could hear a loud crash. As much as he hated being stuck somewhere where he couldn't see what was going on, he dreaded the moment when they would walk out of the basement. He'd seen on TV the amount of destruction a tornado could produce in the matter of seconds.

"Can I ask you something, Gil?" Jenny asked.

He glanced up from his magazine. "Sure."

"Earlier when we were leaving the barn and the lightning struck, what happened to you?"

He hesitated a moment, not quite sure how to answer her without leaving the impression that he was mentally unstable.

"Did you have some sort of a flashback?"

"Yeah," he admitted. "Loud noises and flashes of light sometime trigger's a memory. But it doesn't happen very often... I mean there's nothing to worry about."

"I wasn't worried, Gil. I was just curious. I'm sorry I brought it up."

He smiled. "Don't be. I didn't mean to sound so defensive. It's just some people, after learning that I was in the war, get a little nervous around me."

"I'm sorry people treat you that way. They shouldn't."

"No. What people don't understand is that when a soldier is in battle they don't have time to think about it, to process it correctly in their minds. So when they get home those memories that have been suppressed sometimes occur when we least expect them."

"That makes sense."

"The trick is to pretend that you're not shaken by them."

"I barely noticed."

"You're not a very good liar."

"No, I don't suppose I am. What happened is perfectly understandable though."

He smiled. "Thanks."

"You're welcome. Now will you stop hogging all the magazines and hand me one of them?"

He smiled as he got up from his chair and handed her all but the one he was looking at.

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Thanks, Gail.

Wow! Congratulations!

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I enjoyed Renegade Hearts. I like that excerpt. It's a sweet love story with a very interesting setting.

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Yes, but Jimmy Little Raven has his hands full keeping Kasey out of jail in the first book.

Oh interesting. I see. There's an opportunity for a romance too to go along with the suspense and mystery.

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 03:28 PM
I came up with the idea for this book while talking on the phone with my cousin in Missouri. She raises horses and even has a horse rescue opperation with a friend. She was a huge help while reseaching for the book.

I enjoyed Renegade Hearts. I like that excerpt. It's a sweet love story with a very interesting setting.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Yes, but Jimmy Little Raven has his hands full keeping Kasey out of jail in the first book.

Out of jail! Oh no. This does sound complicated.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I came up with the idea for this book while talking on the phone with my cousin in Missouri. She raises horses and even has a horse rescue opperation with a friend. She was a huge help while reseaching for the book.

I remembered there was a connection with someone you knew in ranching. Neat story.

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I must get back to work. I will try to stop in later and visit some more. If anyone is interested I will giveaway a PDF copy of Kill Shot at the end of the day. If you want to enter the drawing leave your contact info and quick note telling me you want to enter the drawing. Thanks! Enjoy the afternoon!

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I must get back to work. I will try to stop in later and visit some more. If anyone is interested I will giveaway a PDF copy of Kill Shot at the end of the day. If you want to enter the drawing leave your contact info and quick note telling me you want to enter the drawing. Thanks! Enjoy the afternoon!

Thanks Anne, and thanks for coming by. It's great visiting with you!

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Excerpt from a reviewby Glenda Bixler of Book Reader’s Heaven
Love Turns the Tide has a good solid story line that allowsreaders to immediately empathize with the main character. We could be walkingin her shoes—angry and upset over a broken relationship with a tarnished hero,forced to change jobs, move to a new location, leaving family and friendsbehind, and trying to once again gain the professional respect that can only beearned not demanded. Cammie is quick to share her concerns in prayers and to seekout scriptural references to guide her, sharing where she goes to find herinspiration to meet each day and move toward an unknown future. There is warmthand love surrounding Cammie and I quickly decided I wanted everything to turnout perfectly for her.
Even in the suspense and concern of the break-ins, readerswill be pleasantly surprised with the outcome, which, when it occurred, allowedCammie to make her most important decision for the future. Heartwarming andenjoyable reading from Gail Pallotta. The e-book is available from Awe-StruckPublishing. Don’t miss this one!

If anyone would like to have a free download of Love Turns the Tide, let me know!

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 03:46 PM
An Excerpt from LoveTurns the Tide by Gail Pallotta<o:p></o>
<o:p></o>
Cammieopened up the food and called out, “Here, ducky, ducky, ducky,” into the still,quiet night. She and Vic tore six slices of the ducks’ treats into small bites,throwing them over the rail without talking.<o:p></o>
ImmediatelyCammie heard, “Quack, quack, honk, honk.”<o:p></o>
“Ibelieve there are Canadian geese out there,” Vic said.<o:p></o>
“Ohyes, you know how those snow birds like to come south. I think they got here,loved Destin as much as I do, and didn’t want to go home.” She couldn’t believeher own words. Had she hidden her true feelings about Destin somewhere in herheart only to have them surface suddenly when she wasn’t expecting it?<o:p></o>
Victook hold of her shoulders with both of his strong hands, gently turned hertoward him. “Do you really like it, Cammie?” His eyes looked wistful, his facebathed in the fountain’s pink, blue, and yellow colors.<o:p></o>
“Yes,I’m enjoying living here much more than I thought I would.” Cammie pulled free,tore up several more slices of bread, and tossed them over the gray weatheredrail. “I had to move to Destin on such short notice. I’d never even visitedhere and had no time to find out anything about the place before I arrived.”She almost told him she’d had to hurry down here to interview him, but shethought better of that. “Needless to say, I begrudged the change at first, butnot now.”<o:p></o>
“Ihope I’m part of the reason you like it here.”<o:p></o>
Cammiestumbled for the right words. “Uh yes, I’m sure you are.”<o:p></o>
“Whatkind of statement is that? Am I, or am I not, part of the reason you likeDestin? Small angry furrows creased Vic’s handsome high brow.<o:p></o>
Cammiestopped tearing up the bread slice she held in her right hand. “Do you want anhonest answer?”<o:p></o>
“Please.”<o:p></o>
“Sometimesyou are, but other times you aren’t.”<o:p></o>
“That’snot much better. Would you mind giving me a ‘yes’ or ‘no?’”<o:p></o>
“Yes,I mind. Listen to the quacking. The ducks are hungry.”<o:p></o>
“They’re going toexplode. You’ve fed them nearly a whole loaf of bread.”<o:p></o>
<o:p></o>

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 03:55 PM
smilies/balsmilies.gWhat a great party we're having at Books, Books and More Books. Here are the Give Aways and how to get them.

From Cindy Christiansen, Hazardous Hideaway, a story with emotion, suspense and a bit of humor. Let Cindy know. Reply to the thread "Saying Hello." She'll hold a drawing tonight. In the subject line put Entering the Drawing for Hazardous Hideaway.

From Anne Patrick, Kill Shot. This is one of Anne's award-winning suspense novels. Look for her thread about Kill Shot and reply to it. In the subject line put Entering the Drawing for Kill Shot.

I'll give away a free download of Love Turns the Tide. Reply to the thread Excerpt from a Review of Love Turns the Tide by Glenda Bixler. In the subject line put Entering the Drawing for Love Turns the Tide.

For a free download of Splickety Magazine go to http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/324163

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 04:06 PM
smilies/balsmilies.gWhat a great party we're having at Books, Books and More Books. Here are the Give Aways and how to get them.

From Cindy Christiansen, Hazardous Hideaway, a story with emotion, suspense and a bit of humor. Let Cindy know. Reply to the thread "Saying Hello." She'll hold a drawing tonight. In the subject line put Entering the Drawing for Hazardous Hideaway.

From Anne Patrick, Kill Shot. This is one of Anne's award-winning suspense novels. Look for her thread about Kill Shot and reply to it. In the subject line put Entering the Drawing for Kill Shot.

I'll give away a free download of Love Turns the Tide. Reply to the thread Excerpt from a Review of Love Turns the Tide by Glenda Bixler. In the subject line put Entering the Drawing for Love Turns the Tide.

For a free download of Splickety Magazine go to http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/324163

You've been having fun without me. A lot of great excerpts!
Looks like there are some great giveaways too. Do authors get to get in on those? (lol)
Unfortunately, I just got home and now I have to run and pick up kids. That's how my days are...busy, busy, busy, even when I'm sick. :)

I'm going to leave a post about Braving the Blaze... wait for it... wait for it...

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Book Title: Braving the Blaze

Release Date for ebook: Nov 11, 2011
ISBN #: 978-1-61885-076-8 (ebook)
Word count: approximately 58,000
Purchase Link: http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=13&products_id=175
· Release Date for paperback: Feb 6, 2012
ISBN #: 978-1-61885-147-5 (paperback)
Price: $11.99
Page count: 168 pages
Purchase Link: https://www.createspace.com/3791405
· BLURB:
A wildfire volunteer is determined to stay single and become a veterinarian. He didn’t count on being assigned a pyrophobic woman or that accidents would follow her like wildfire. Can he keep the flames of desire he reluctantly feels for her under control long enough to keep them and his yellow lab alive?
· REVIEWS:
“If you are looking for a great afternoon read, then I recommend Braving the Blaze.” 5 Stars, Miss Lynn's Books and More
“…delightful story full of courage, friendship, and romance that kept me glued to the pages.” 5 Stars, Reviewer Anna del C. Dye
· EXCERPT:
​Dean Harward pulled his sunburst-colored Jeep Wrangler into his brother’s driveway. He rummaged through his overstuffed glove box until he found a paper towel to wipe the sweat and soot from his face. Despite putting on deodorant this morning, he stunk. The sweltering heat contributed to his ripeness and also added to the dangerous conditions of possibly the all-time worst fire in Utah.
He had to remind himself again why he needed to face another fire this summer. Yes, that important commodity—money. The pay lined his pocket for the veterinary program at the University of Colorado, but he didn’t like the high risks involved with firefighting. This summer would prove even more hazardous than usual.
“Come on, Dixie,” he said, ruffling his dog’s fur. “Let’s go meet the family.”
Dixie barked and jumped from the jeep. Dean slipped from his seat onto stiff legs, stretching his back from the long ride.
“Is that you, brother?” Jason said, stepping out the screeching screen door.
Dixie rushed toward Jason and jumped on him with enthusiasm.
“Whoa, Dixie. You about knocked me over.” He wrestled with her in a playful mood. “You need to teach your yellow Lab some manners.”
“I’ve been too busy. Besides, she’s a good dog,” Dean said, meeting them on the porch.
“Are those dark bags I see under those blue eyes? It couldn’t be just from the drive. And I swear I see gray in that brown hair of yours.” His brother grinned.
Dean ran a hand through his sweaty hair. “I doubt gray, maybe ashes. And as far as tired: I had a long drive, a tough semester and long nights with Dixie pushing me off the bed.”
“I told you not to get that started. You’ll never get her to stop sleeping with you now. When you get married, Dixie will be sleeping between you and your wife. Mark my words.”
“Just because it happened to you and Amy with Duke, doesn’t mean it’ll happen to me.” He laughed and ran his hand across Dixie’s fur again. “And besides, I’m planning on never getting married. You know that.”
Jason motioned for him to sit on the porch bench and then opened the screen door for Dixie to go in and play with the kids. “Still down on marriage I see. As your older brother, I want to advise you it isn’t all that bad.”
“I’ve seen what marriage did to all three of my brothers. It’s made you all fat and lazy and none of you fulfilled your dreams. This is one Harward who is going to be a veterinarian come hell or high water.”
Jason frowned toward Tushar. “I wish we had some of that high water to put out the blaze. Tushy is spreading through the mountains like a herd of stampeding cattle. They might have to start evacuations here. The air quality is reaching dangerous levels. I’ve got hay to get in, but I’m afraid to even start a piece of machinery since Barrett Sands burned to death on his farm.”
“I heard about that. Too bad. Wasn’t there something suspicious about his death?” Dean asked, pulling the paper towel out of his pocket and wiping the sweat dripping off his forehead again.
Amy appeared, smiling. “Hi, Dean. How about a refreshing glass of lemonade?” She sniffed. “And a shower?” She smiled and handed the glasses to Jason so she could pour.
Dean did smell as bad as a gorilla’s armpit. “I just wanted you to appreciate my ugly brother here.”
He had to admit Jason had picked well. Amy was a gem. Their nice home and three wonderful kids were a beautiful testament to that. But her amazing qualities didn’t change the fact that Jason was a farmer eking out a living on a hundred-acre farm in Beaver instead of an agricultural specialist like he’d planned.
And his brother, Kyle, hadn’t faired any better. He ended up with Charlotte in Logan working intermittent construction jobs instead of becoming an architect in New York. Even his little brother, Corey, now worked on home computers instead of getting his graphic design degree and moving to California to work for Pixar. Suzie getting pregnant with twins within the first couple of months of their marriage had put a stop to that.
Dean didn’t plan to get roped in the same way. Keeping women out of his life was the best decision he’d ever made. A lot of the guys at college had fallen like dead birds, getting snared by women they’d met on campus. The first thing they knew they were engaged, married, dropping out of school and working two jobs to support a family. A woman wouldn’t get in the way of his dreams.
“Thanks, honey,” Jason said. He kissed Amy on the cheek and then handed Dean a cold glass.
Jocelyn cried out. The boys squealed with laughter.
Amy jumped to her feet. “Oh, dear. Problems.” She rushed inside the house, the screen door slamming.
“So what do you think started the fire that killed Barrett?” Dean asked Jason.
“The fire pattern around him looked like someone had taken a drip torch and circled him. Strong winds rushed the fire toward the highway which didn’t even act as a barrier. They actually had to pull firefighters off Tushy to save the surrounding homes and farms near Manderfield.” Jason took a long drink. “They tried to blame his death on the van of fourteen illegal aliens who were also killed. They thought a blown tire and the sparks from riding the rim might’ve ignited the fire. But that theory doesn’t make sense—not even to the investigators. The wind had been blowing the other way. It clearly appeared the fire started in Barrett’s field and moved toward the highway. The investigators are considering a hot piece of farm equipment started the blaze, but I believe that like I believe a politician is honest.”
Dean savored the cold liquid as he swallowed. He’d heard about the van of illegal aliens. Had the smoke shrouded the driver’s vision and he’d swerved off the road? The sheer number of people in the van would’ve made the vehicle unstable enough to overturn. A blown tire could have added to the cause; however no one had lived to tell the story. The accident still didn’t explain the unusual fire pattern.
Jason refilled his glass. “I know any kind of spark can start a fire,” he continued. “But, Barrett hadn’t been out on his tractor or even his four-wheeler. He was moving sprinklers by hand right near the interstate. His farm borders I-15.” He swiveled the ice in his glass. “I don’t buy the whole story, but I’m still not too excited about jumping on my tractor in this heat. I’m also not too crazy about you heading into that fire.”
“You never are, Jason. Besides, they don’t put smoke-chasers in the middle of a fire. They save that for the experienced guys. We just tag along and put out little hot spots. That’s all. You know this is the quickest way I can earn enough money over the summer to continue college.”
“There are other things besides becoming a vet.”
“Not for me.” He squirmed like a worm on a hook. “So you’ll take good care of Dixie?”
What a ludicrous question. Jason would spoil Dixie as much as he did his three kids.
“She’ll help keep the kids entertained. Duke’s getting old and prefers to shade up.”
Squeals of laughter and rowdy barking came from inside, and Dean smiled. He handed his drained glass to his brother. “Tell Amy thanks for the drink, and next time I’ll wash off with a garden hose before I see her.”
Jason came to his feet, his face as blank as a washed blackboard. “Where are you going? You’re not leaving already? I thought you’d stay the night.”
“There’s a truck going up this evening. I’ll have an extra night I can help beat back the flames. Tushy’s already burned from I-15 south-east across Blue Valley into Birch Creek Mountain and Kent’s Lake.”
Concern furrowed his brother’s brow. “You take care.”
“Not to worry. I’ve done this before.” He turned to leave.
“Not like this one, Dean. They’ve already lost eight good men,” Jason said.
Dean looked over his shoulder. “Neither rain nor sleet nor fire will stop me from returning for Amy’s fried chicken. You tell her that.”
He slid onto the seat and fired up his Jeep. Truth be told, heading into Tushy didn’t have him feeling too ecstatic either. A woman could stop him from fulfilling his dream, but so could the fury of an uncontrollable fire.
He wouldn’t turn back. He might need the money, but he had a bigger reason. Tushy raged through the state, consuming homes, destroying forests and killing wildlife. A man couldn’t turn his back on that.

Cindy A. Christiansen

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Check it out:

http://youtu.be/5H1XwTMuM5s

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Just wanted to share my latest:

Book Title: Not Quite Zen

Release Date for ebook: April 11, 2012
ISBN #: 978-1-61885-243-4 (ebook)
Word count: approximately 60,000
Purchase Link: http://www.amazon.com/Not-Quite-Zen-ebook/dp/B007UQ4LU2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334670542&sr=8-1
&#183; BLURB: Therapy dog trainer and hospice aide Harmony Hastings takes a much needed Zen vacation only to return to sheer chaos at the Silver Sunset Senior Community. Who is the new, gorgeous, young doctor and why has old Doc Barlow disappeared? Why are residents being harmed?
Can Harmony keep her chakras in balance long enough to figure out the mystery before one of the baby boomers ends up dead? Is the mysterious doctor the guilty party, or is he only guilty of giving Harmony a terminal case of love?
&#183; REVIEWS: “Cindy Christiansen was a new-to-me author but three things about her book caught my eye-- sweet romance, suspense -- and animals! So glad I gave Not Quite Zen a try. A quick-paced read I recommend if you, too, love sweet suspense and dogs!!” 4 Stars, Reviewer Beth Cornelison
&#183; EXCERPT:
​Harmony looked in the restroom mirror and ran her fingers through her hair, trying to get it to lay in some kind of order. Hopeless. Her mint-green sweatshirt certainly didn’t complement her striped, blue, pencil-shaped skirt, but then neither did the torn, bloodstained blouse she still had on underneath. Oh well. If she could make it to lunch, maybe she could run home and change. At least it had started to dry. And why wouldn’t it? They kept the heat at ninety degrees year round. She’d never understand why old people liked it so hot. She’d be steam-boiled in an hour wearing this heavy sweatshirt. Only needing a summer wardrobe turned out to be one of the perks of working here. She fussed with her hair in one last attempt and then shrugged.
Nicole burst through the door. “What do you think of our new, hot doctor?” she asked. “Isn’t he gorgeous? All manly and everything. I can’t believe you made him operate on a…a dog?” She continued on into a stall. “You won’t believe what’s been happening around here. Things have been wacky ever since Dr. Warrick got here. Why do you think Dr. Barlow would take a leave of absence all of a sudden? He never has before. One day he was here, and the next he was gone. We never even saw him, didn’t even know he was going. We could’ve thrown him a party. And where did they come up with this new Dr. Hotty on such short notice? Not that I mind. He is so attractive. Of course it makes me sick to see all these old—these elderly women drooling all over him. Not that I blame them. He definitely is hot. The only thing is, I can’t find any information on our new doctor at all. He’s not from around here, not even Salt Lake.”
The toilet flushed.
“And in the short time you were gone,” Nicole prattled on, “we’ve had two almost fatal accidents. Two,” Nicole wailed, coming out of the stall and straightening her skirt. “You still look a mess.” She moved to the sink.
“Thanks,” Harmony returned. “What kind of accidents? To whom?”
“Residents. If it hadn’t been for Dr. Warrick, I don’t know what we’d have done.”
“Nicole, could you slow down and explain?”
“Well, Eddie Jockisch was in the exercise room. Connie stepped out, and the stand on the bench press buckled when he tried to put the weight back up. The barbell almost crushed him. He has a black eye.”
“What happened then?” Harmony asked intrigued. Nothing like that had ever happened while she’d worked here.
“Dr. Warrick saved his life.” Nicole shook the excess water from her hands.
“You mean, he was in the exercise room?”
“Yes. He was working out himself. Isn’t he handsome? So strong and…virile.”
Harmony nodded. There was no denying his attractiveness.
But, she couldn’t ignore the fact that he just happened to be on hand. Huh. Why would she be suspicious? That wasn’t really her nature. Dang it. It was too. She had become a distrustful, doubting ninny since the death of her parents. No. She had no reason to be thinking along those lines about Dr. Warrick.
“What else, Nicole?” she prodded.
“Well, Mrs. Kammerer’s oxygen alarm went off.”
“Her alarm goes off all the time. She always forgets to connect it to her CPAP machine at night.”
“No, no, no. Agnes said someone tried to smother her with a pillow.”
“It probably just felt like that when she couldn’t breathe.” A lump settled in Harmony’s throat.
Nicole threw her paper towel at the garbage can and missed. “Dr. Warrick had to resuscitate her.”
“Are you kidding me?”
Nicole nodded. “Really. Poor Agnes is afraid to go to sleep at night.”
“Didn’t Mrs. Lambert see anything? She’s her roommate.”
“Gladys was at the pool watching the male residents in their swim trunks. She keeps trying to get her daughter to buy her a bikini. Heaven help us all if she does. Honestly, I can’t remember ever having this much excitement at the community. Can you?” Nicole asked.
Harmony shook her head. She caught a glimpse of her own startled expression in the mirror and quickly veiled the emotion. Incidents happened around here all the time. Well, not all the time, not really—sickness and a few broken bones maybe. They had an excellent record compared to most assisted-living communities. They had one of the longest waiting lists in the state. Although wonderful, the nursing home section of the community where residents needed full-time care turned out to be a place seniors ended up rather than requested. If a resident in the assisted-living area became seriously ill, they received priority in the nursing home wing.
Senior facilities were lacking across the country due to the surge of baby boomers reaching old age. They were now the largest demographic group, and there was a shortage of geriatric doctors and nurses. Heaven forbid her grandpa would ever need to be in a nursing home. But if he did, Harmony hoped she’d be able to afford Silver Sunset.
“Good thing Dr. Hotty was around,” Nicole said.
“Isn’t it, though?” Harmony bit her lip and frowned.
It was good Dr. Warrick had been on hand to take care of things. She’d just feel better if she’d talked to Doc Barlow herself before he’d disappeared. Why wouldn’t he have mentioned something about taking a sabbatical before she left? He’d have to have known, or at least been thinking about a break. How else could they’ve gotten another doctor to replace him so quickly?
“Any ideas where Doc might have gone?” she asked.

Cindy A. Christiansen

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 05:12 PM
http://youtu.be/tp1tSegxcto

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 05:12 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6fUXF4Dvs-Y/TmrDAmDy29I/AAAAAAAABC8/0MW-PwLDrPo/s1600/OUT+OF+THE+DARKNESS.jpg (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6fUXF4Dvs-Y/TmrDAmDy29I/AAAAAAAABC8/0MW-PwLDrPo/s1600/OUT+OF+THE+DARKNESS.jpg)
Ex-FBI Profiler, Alex Michaels, is forced into hiding by the serial killer who murdered her twin sister and left her with a career ending injury. Meeting up with an ex-pro football player who is also facing an uncertain future, Alex makes Royce McIntire an offer he can’t refuse. Available in print and eBook at Champagne Books (http://champagnebooks.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=204), Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Out-Of-The-Darkness-ebook/dp/B004GKML3E/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_7), Fictionwise (http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/b110243/Out-Of-The-Darkness/Anne-Patrick/?si=0), Barnes and Noble (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/out-of-the-darkness-anne-patrick/1029826917?ean=2940043324672&itm=5&usri=anne%2bpatrick) and other online bookstores.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TjS9KDXzJkw/TmrC2lFhEbI/AAAAAAAABCw/eT0jOPzA_zQ/s320/SABOTAGE.jpg (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TjS9KDXzJkw/TmrC2lFhEbI/AAAAAAAABCw/eT0jOPzA_zQ/s1600/SABOTAGE.jpg)

District Judge Katie McKinley takes her career very seriously. No one knows that better than her old childhood friend and first love, Graham Bishop. Her ruling cost him his family’s ranch. So it’s no surprise when an attempt is made on her life that the sheriff turns his suspicions to Graham. As the two rekindle their love for one another, Katie refuses to believe Graham is guilty. But what if she’s wrong? Available in eBook at Desert Breeze Publishing (http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-119/Anne-Patrick-Sabotage/Detail.bok), Christianbook.com (http://www.christianbook.com/sabotage-ebook-anne-patrick/9781936000760/pd/14395EB?item_code=WW&netp_id=873381&event=ESRCN&view=details), Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Sabotage-ebook/dp/B004A14PWY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=books&qid=1288590463&sr=1-1), Barnes and Noble (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Sabotage/e/9781936000760?itm=3), and most online bookstores.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-emwRgwvtrnc/TmrCvt1TwqI/AAAAAAAABCo/Bqi0ertjEAI/s320/A+FAMILIAR+EVIL.jpg (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-emwRgwvtrnc/TmrCvt1TwqI/AAAAAAAABCo/Bqi0ertjEAI/s1600/A+FAMILIAR+EVIL.jpg)

Jordan Russell had the perfect life until the brutal monster from her childhood resurfaced, opening up scars she thought were healed. With the hope of finally finding closure Jordan leaves her cheating husband, and her career in the FBI, and returns to where her nightmare began. But what awaits her in Thorny Creek will push her to the very edge of sanity and bring her face to face with her abductor. Available in print (http://www.amazon.com/Familiar-Evil-Anne-Patrick/dp/1461118514) or eBook (http://www.amazon.com/A-Familiar-Evil-ebook/dp/B004YDPWN4/) at Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/familiar-evil-anne-patrick/1100228296?ean=9781461118510&itm=2&usri=anne%2bpatrick), or at most online bookstores.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-U0QqRa444fY/TmxQyftzbXI/AAAAAAAABDk/1NKcZIzW5Rw/s320/Journey+to+Redemption.jpg (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-U0QqRa444fY/TmxQyftzbXI/AAAAAAAABDk/1NKcZIzW5Rw/s1600/Journey+to+Redemption.jpg)
Detective Morgan Reynolds thought her nightmare was over when serial killer Gerald ‘The Slasher’ Tate was sent to prison for her husband’s murder. But she was wrong. The Slasher has escaped and he’s making it even more personal this time. Tate has kidnapped her son and is giving her 72 hours to find the answers he wants or Jared dies. Available in print or eBook at Whimsical Publications (http://www.whimsicalpublications.com/anne_patrick/Journey_to_Redemption.html), Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Journey-to-Redemption-ebook/dp/B005FCAHNI/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_12), Barnes and Noble (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/journey-to-redemption-anne-patrick/1104691260?ean=2940011440380&itm=2&usri=anne%2bpatrick), or at most online bookstores.

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 05:13 PM

Thanks for the link to Splickety. I'm on my way there right now!

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I love your covers, Anne. Sabotage is an especially intriguing cover because it looks like a photo negative. Interesting! Your blurbs really draw in the reader.

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Thanks Cindy! Jenifer Ranieri does most of my covers at DBP. I love her work!

I love your covers, Anne. Sabotage is an especially intriguing cover because it looks like a photo negative. Interesting! Your blurbs really draw in the reader.

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Also, the man and woman on the cover of A Familiar Evil inspired the story. I was looking for images for another cover and came across her photo and wondered what would cause her haunted expression. My muse immediately went to work discovering the answer :). Then when I found the photo of the man I knew right away it was Sam.

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Cindy, judging from your covers you must be a dog lover. I am too! I have a German Shepherd named Zoe. Several of my books have dogs in them. They make great characters :).

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I want to mention a couple of free reads I have available.

Christmas with Hope, companion piece to my Wounded Heroes series you can get your free copy here (http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-239/Wounded-Heroes-Christmas-with/Detail.bok).
Blackhawk pilot, Hope Erickson, and army ranger, Nick Cunningham, face danger on a daily basis in the battlefields of Iraq. But when their paths cross after a village ambush they face a threat much greater than either of them have prepared for. Will they risk their hearts to one another or does fate have other plans in store for them?

Also, you can pick up a free copy of Dangerous Deception here (http://www.amazon.com/Dangerous-Deception-Short-Story-ebook/dp/B007SYZ89E/ref=la_B002C793SE_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1337290998&sr=1-11).
Journalist Gwen Jacobs thrived on dangerous assignments. That is until her ambition led to the massacre of an entire African village. Now, a year later, she’s been offered a chance at redemption and the opportunity to expose the men behind the slaughter. Unaware of the secrets she carries, or the danger they could bring if exposed, philanthropist Jack Peterson and his small group of humanitarians welcome Gwen on their journey of hope with the understanding she will tell the world of the atrocities taking place amidst a civil war. But when Gwen’s deception is uncovered and a rebel commander learns who she is, not only is Gwen’s life on the line, the whole group could die.

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Cindy, judging from your covers you must be a dog lover. I am too! I have a German Shepherd named Zoe. Several of my books have dogs in them. They make great characters :).

Yes, I'm very proud to be a dog lover and they do make great characters. My late dog, Jiffy, helped me get through the worst of my bed-ridden days.
Now I have two dogs - Callie, a long-haired Jack Russell Terrier and Sprite, a Schnauzer. (Some days I can spell that and other days I can't. lol)
Sprite had been abused when we rescued him. He started having seizures at the age of three. They think the seizures are related to the abuse because there's nothing medically causing them. Who knows. It's just hard to watch him go through it.

I love the name Zoe. German Shepherds are one of the most popular and smartest breeds in the world. How old is Zoe?

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Thanks Cindy! Jenifer Ranieri does most of my covers at DBP. I love her work!

Awesome, Anne! Tell Jenifer I think she's amazing! Covers are soooo important!

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Hi Cindy and Anne,
This is great! I love all these excerpts and blurbs. How neat that both of you have dogs in your books. What fun. I'm a dog lover. I'm going to have to think about that. I had one dog with the most unique personality. She'd make a great character in a book. Have either of you based your dog characters off real dogs?

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Thanks Anne and Cindy for checking out "Splickety." I enjoyed all the stories in it, and I think you will too.

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Zoe is four years old, and yes, she is very smart. She truly amazes me sometimes. Before her I had a Husky named Scnook. I had him for twelve years.

Yes, I'm very proud to be a dog lover and they do make great characters. My late dog, Jiffy, helped me get through the worst of my bed-ridden days.
Now I have two dogs - Callie, a long-haired Jack Russell Terrier and Sprite, a Schnauzer. (Some days I can spell that and other days I can't. lol)
Sprite had been abused when we rescued him. He started having seizures at the age of three. They think the seizures are related to the abuse because there's nothing medically causing them. Who knows. It's just hard to watch him go through it.

I love the name Zoe. German Shepherds are one of the most popular and smartest breeds in the world. How old is Zoe?

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Hi Cindy and Anne,
This is great! I love all these excerpts and blurbs. How neat that both of you have dogs in your books. What fun. I'm a dog lover. I'm going to have to think about that. I had one dog with the most unique personality. She'd make a great character in a book. Have either of you based your dog characters off real dogs?

I've used events that have really happened with my dogs to portray dog characters. In Love on Laird Avenue, Bugsy, a Bullmastiff, steals a roast off the table and runs through the house with it. The heroine, Tatum, washes it off and still serves it to her guest. Something similar happened in my life, but, um, I'm not confessing to all the real details. :shifty:

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Zinger, Kory's German Shepherd in Kill Shot, was inspired by my dog Zoe.

Hi Cindy and Anne,

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Zoe is four years old, and yes, she is very smart. She truly amazes me sometimes. Before her I had a Husky named Scnook. I had him for twelve years.

Love Huskies. They are awesome dogs too. Like the name as well. Have you ever been to an Ugly Dog contest? We went last year to an event and the people are very competitive. We had a group sitting next to us and my son cheered for another dog he thought was uglier and the woman called him a very bad name. It kinda ruined the whole outing for us. They really needed to chill.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I've used events that have really happened with my dogs to portray dog characters. In Love on Laird Avenue, Bugsy, a Bullmastiff, steals a roast off the table and runs through the house with it. The heroine, Tatum, washes it off and still serves it to her guest. Something similar happened in my life, but, um, I'm not confessing to all the real details. :shifty:

LOL. That's too cute. I can see that happening. What a good way to get material for your stories.

Anne Patrick
May 17th, 2012, 06:21 PM
LOL. A lot of those dog contests are very competitive. I've never been to any Ugly Dog ones.

Love Huskies. They are awesome dogs too. Like the name as well. Have you ever been to an Ugly Dog contest? We went last year to an event and the people are very competitive. We had a group sitting next to us and my son cheered for another dog he thought was uglier and the woman called him a very bad name. It kinda ruined the whole outing for us. They really needed to chill.

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Zinger, Kory's German Shepherd in Kill Shot, was inspired by my dog Zoe.

That's neat. I really am going to have to consider that in my future stories. My dog with the unusual personality was part snauzer (sp?) and part terrier. She too was a stray, and I think she'd been abused. At first she got under the bed when we picked up the paper, but after a while she got over it. If we swished a towel in front of her, she'd put part of it between her teeth, back up on her haunches and put on the biggest growling show.

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 06:41 PM
That's neat. I really am going to have to consider that in my future stories. My dog with the unusual personality was part snauzer (sp?) and part terrier. She too was a stray, and I think she'd been abused. At first she got under the bed when we picked up the paper, but after a while she got over it. If we swished a towel in front of her, she'd put part of it between her teeth, back up on her haunches and put on the biggest growling show.

I wish our dog, Sprite, would have completely recovered from his abuse. Dogs are just like people, all different. He's a sweet dog, but he doesn't like strangers at all. People, really. I have a girlfriend who came to my house for several years every week and Sprite still barked at her every time. She can spend the weekend (she lives out-of-town now) and Sprite still barks at her by the end of the weekend. What's really weird is that he doesn't like it if anyone laughs loud. Challenging.

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Well, here's my final book:

Book Title: Caskets and Corruption

Release Date for ebook: July 15, 2011
ISBN #: 978-1-936653-93-5 (ebook)
Word count for ebook: approximately 60,000
Purchase Link: http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&cPath=13&products_id=91
· Release Date for paperback: Oct 4, 2011
ISBN #: 978-1-618850-79-9 (paperback)
Price: $12.50
Page count: 204 pages
Purchase Link: https://www.createspace.com/3700987
· BLURB:
Lizzie, a portrait artist of the dead, is looking for adventure amongst the living. But, after discovering a drug operation involving military caskets, she’s chased across the country with Phillip Van Dyke, a stiff-necked funeral director, and her sister’s hairless dog as a stowaway. Can she exhume Phillip’s heart before the drug cartel catches up with them?
· REVIEWS:
"This was a fun, lighthearted read with a lot of action and adventure." 4 Stars, Clean Book Reviews
"Wow! What a simply refreshing story." 4 Stars, Romancing the Book Review
"...a fun, fast read...with the little bald canine often stealing the show. ...enough twists and conflict to keep me fully engaged." 4 Stars, Coffee Time Romance
· EXCERPT:
“I can’t believe I’m actually in a graveyard in the middle of the night. Let alone in a hearse.” Lizzie wrung her hands together. “Why couldn’t we reach anyone at Peaceful Gardens? What if something bad has happened?”
“Try not to worry. This will all be over soon.” But Phillip’s face looked as dismal as a defaced tombstone.
“I hope so. I have job applications to fill out. What if someone has already called offering me a job?”
“There’s a crypt right up here on the right.”
“So after we’ve gotten rid of the hearse—ˮ
“Casket coach, Lizzie.”
“You’re as bad as Herbert. Hearse, casket coach…I don’t want to be in either one.”
“Why are you so put-off by death? Annie doesn’t seem to have a problem with it.”
“I don’t want to talk about it, all right?” She couldn’t deal with her issues in the middle of a graveyard. What poor timing. “I haven’t exactly seen a shrink about it. I just am. Can we get this over with?”
Phillip drove up a small dirt road. The headlights refracted against the smooth, cement building. She watched him cautiously glance around before getting out.
I can’t believe I’m doing this. She bolted out of the car and then dashed toward the back to be with him. He’d opened the door and had started to slide out the casket.
“What do you want me to do?” she asked.
“Grab the other end.”
She struggled with the weight.
“Could you hurry a little?” Phillip prompted.
“You try balancing on stilettos in the dark through this moist grass while carrying a heavy casket.”
In the distance, she caught sight of movement which flitted like a ghost between two headstones. She dropped her end and then screamed.
“What?” Phillip demanded.
“Over there. A ghost!” She could barely get the words to pass her lips. Her whole body had frozen into an ice sculpture.
“Lizzie, there’s no such thing as ghosts.”
They both paused, listening to the silence, the night as still as a tomb.
They took a few steps toward the crypt. The night air cracked and then something whizzed by within an inch of her shoulder.
“That is no ghost. Hurry, Lizzie. Pick up your end,” Phillip yelled.
Lizzie wanted to take off running but obeyed for some strange reason. Three more shots rang past them as they reloaded the casket.
She beat Phillip to the front seat. “Drive,” she yelled, turning the key for him.
As he drove away, she watched as the flash of gunfire illuminated the man just enough to make out his military uniform. Lizzie threw herself deeper into the seat, her heart racing. “It was him. We actually escaped with our lives.”
“It’s hard to be accurate with a pistol at that distance.”
“You seem very calm to me,” she said, brushing at an unruly strand of hair.
“We’re in trouble, Lizzie.”
“You think?”
“This is getting out of hand.”
“What other brilliant plans do you have in mind? I’m for abandoning everything and going home.”
“You know we can’t go home.”
“I want my life back.”
“They’ll find us,” he said, giving her a worried look.
“Who is this ‘they’ you’re referring to?”
“I don’t know, but we won’t be safe until we find out.”
She gritted her teeth. “How do you know so much about drug dealers?”
Pain seared across his face. “I just do.”
“Oh.” Obviously he didn’t want to share his experience. She didn’t want to press the matter. From talking with her clients, she knew getting your feelings out in the open helped the healing process. Phillip appeared to want to bury his past inside, festering forever.
“Tell me again why we can’t just go to the police?” she questioned.
Phillip gave an exasperated sigh. “We don’t know anything yet.”
“Let the police figure out the truth.”
“If you think turning everything over to the police will stop them from coming after us, you’re sorely mistaken.”
“But we’ll just tell them we don’t have the drugs.”
“Did you just crawl out from under a rock?”
She pursed her lips at him.
“Until we give the police enough information to arrest them, we’re still in danger. I’m afraid we are going to have to continue using ourselves as bait until they make a mistake.”
“You mean kill us.”
“No. I won’t let that happen.”
Lizzie folded her arms. “So now what do we do?”
“Wait until morning, try calling Dover again and get rid of the coach. We’ll just have to park somewhere out of sight and rest. You could probably stretch out in the back.”
“Are you kidding?”

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 06:49 PM
You'll either like or hate the music on this one. What do you think?

http://youtu.be/sRsNunz_9B4

CindyDragonfly
May 17th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Well, it's been a terrific day. I have to get dinner and attend a writer's meeting, so I better go. Don't forget about my giveaway.

Thanks so much for having me today, Gail. You're awesome!

Take care and best wishes to everyone,
Cindy

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 07:22 PM
smilies/balsmilies.gCindy Christiansen is giving away Hazardous Hideaway. Just let her know you want it by replying to her thread "Saying Hello." In the subject line put Entering the Hazardous Hideaway Give Away.

Anne Patrick is giving away a free copy of Kill Shot. Reply to her thread about Kill Shot. In the subject line put Entering the Kill Shot Give Away.

I'm giving away a free download of Love Turns the Tide. Reply to my thread Excerpt of a Review for Love Turns the Tide by Glenda Bixler.

Anne Patrick has two free reads on here. To find them, go to the thread "Free Reads."

To get a free download of Splickety Magzine click here http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/324163

Gail Pallotta
May 17th, 2012, 07:25 PM
You've been having fun without me. A lot of great excerpts!
Looks like there are some great giveaways too. Do authors get to get in on those? (lol)
Unfortunately, I just got home and now I have to run and pick up kids. That's how my days are...busy, busy, busy, even when I'm sick. :)

I'm going to leave a post about Braving the Blaze... wait for it... wait for it...

Sure! If there's something you'd like, go ahead and enter!!