PDA

View Full Version : What are your plans for this summer?

Pamela tyner
May 16th, 2012, 07:36 AM
My youngest son is graduating high school the beginning of June (if he gets that senior project finished!) and we have family driving up for that and they値l be staying a week+, so I値l be playing hostess (fun, fun), but beyond that I have no actual plans at this point. </SPAN></SPAN>

What are your plans for the summer?

Everyone who replies will be entered into a drawing for some prizes to be given away at the end of the week. Winners announced May 19th.</SPAN></SPAN>

MAStacie
May 16th, 2012, 07:41 AM
I'm due to give birth to my 3rd son any day now... so summer will be hectic! A brand new adventure. I also have a holiday booked for 5 weeks time.... which firmly outs me into the 'crazy' person category. :D

Ella Jade
May 16th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Every year we go to Rehoboth Beach, De and spend a week relaxing on the beach. Last year, I wrote Embracing the Unexpected while I was there. The kids are busy playing with the friends they've met through the years and I get lots of downtime! I'm looking forward to seeing what I can get written this year:)

We're going to Disney in August. That's our favorite vacation!

I hope everyone has a wonderful summer!

My youngest son is graduating high school the beginning of June (if he gets that senior project finished!) and we have family driving up for that and they値l be staying a week+, so I値l be playing hostess (fun, fun), but beyond that I have no actual plans at this point.

What are your plans for the summer?

Everyone who replies will be entered into a drawing for some prizes to be given away at the end of the week. Winners announced May 19th.

Aimee Duffy
May 16th, 2012, 08:10 AM
I'm off to Lanzarote next month, then a four day music festival in July. Need to escape this crazy weather! :)

ErinPatrick
May 16th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I don't really have any plans.
We just moved to Georgia last year, so I'm hoping to see a few of the things around Savannah. I'd like to go on a tour of the city.

JayeShields
May 16th, 2012, 11:10 AM
My goal is to get a job now that I have a degree :) Preferably a job where I have lots of time to write. The job I have right now gives me lots of time to write, but it's quite mundane work. I want to put my archaeology degree to work. Applied for a paid internship with the city but the odds are pretty slim. If I don't get hired soon I'm thinking of moving to Mexico because I have family that lives on the Baja Peninsula doing humanitarian work. I thought I could do the college grad couch surfer bit for a while and eat me heart out traveling and writing. I have to be in SF in august though for the Outdoor Lands festival in Golden Gate Park. Jack White is one of my favorite guitarists of all time. Yum :) I've written many a love scenes to his work...

JayeShields
May 16th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Congrats, girl! :clap: You're a brave one to take a newborn on vacation!

I'm due to give birth to my 3rd son any day now... so summer will be hectic! A brand new adventure. I also have a holiday booked for 5 weeks time.... which firmly outs me into the 'crazy' person category. :D

Kaylie Newell
May 16th, 2012, 11:19 AM
We have no concrete plans beyond spending a night or two away from home. I just want to be outside with my girls as much as possible :) Going to try and finish my third full length book this summer (crossing fingers).

PepperAnthony
May 16th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Hubby and I own a small business, so we'll be at our shop six days a week as usual. With the recession still firmly in place in our little town, the chance of even a long weekend away is very slim. But I'm hoping to get in some serious writing now that my kimo brain is starting to clear up. I can always write dream vacations for my characters. :)