PDA

View Full Version : May 19th/20th chat and giveaway

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Hi all. As noted on the newsletter I sent around yesterday, I'll be hanging around this little corner of the world for the next 24hours, answering questions and giving away some prizes. So, ask away! Just remember that I am on the other side of the world, and it's currently after 10 at night, so I will be going to bed in an hour or so. But I will be back tomorrow (my time!)

Jeriha
May 18th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Welcome Keri!! :)

I haven't read books by you but just checked your website.. Its awesome!!!

Love the covers, background scheme etc.. Very eye-catching..

I can keep you company before others start arriving.. 6pm on my end.. ;)

Tell me a little about yourself and your books please..

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Hi Jeriha. I write dark urban fantasy (or, as I like to describe them--vampires, werewolves, sex and violence :whistle: <g>)</g>

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 09:45 AM
well, it's nearly midnight here, so I'm off to bed. I'll be back in the morning to answer your questions, though. And remember, you have to participate if you want to win a prize!

Jeriha
May 18th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Hi Jeriha. I write dark urban fantasy (or, as I like to describe them--vampires, werewolves, sex and violence :whistle: <g>)</g>

Hahahaha.. Sounds goooddd.. Lusty Drool Smilie

CapeFearLibn
May 18th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Keri...I don't think I've read any "dark, urban fantasy." Is it present day? Futuristic? What makes it dark? The violence...or is it apocalyptic? I'll go over and check out your website.

lilpixie
May 18th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Just popping in to say I love your books Keri.Have a fantastic day.

faerymom
May 18th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I really need to pick up this series it sounds wonderful.... can't beat a vampire and werewolf

Crystal

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Keri...I don't think I've read any "dark, urban fantasy." Is it present day? Futuristic? What makes it dark? The violence...or is it apocalyptic? I'll go over and check out your website.

Urban fantasy/dark urban fantasy is usuually set in present day, and can feature all manner of fantasy creatures, though its usually vampires and werewolves. My two biggest series--The Riley Jenson, Guardian series and The Dark Angels series--are both set in the future but they're not really futuristic, in that it is basically the world we currently live in (if that makes sense)

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Just popping in to say I love your books Keri.Have a fantastic day.

glad you enjoy them, lilpixie! :)

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I really need to pick up this series it sounds wonderful.... can't beat a vampire and werewolf

Crystal

No, you can't. Although the new series--Dark Angels--does feature a reaper who isn't half bad (if I have to say so myself)

Jess W.
May 18th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Hi Keri! I absolutely LOVE your Riley Jenson Guardian series!! I was hooked within the first chapter, book 1 and became an instant fan. Your books all are not only "keepers" for me, but re-readers as well and I never get tired of them! The books in your other series are in my need to read pile...I am currently digging my way to them :)

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 05:44 PM
thanks Jess W--glad you enjoy them all so much

Rebecca Allen
May 18th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I really enjoy your books and think it is neat you take time to chat or respond to your readers.

Esperanza Gutierrez
May 18th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Hi Keri. I know that you are currently working on book 5 of Risa's book. Do you have an idea how many books you plan to write? Also is there anything else you are working on?

Kimberly Caldwell
Keri - maybe I missed something in the last Riley novel, but when the new spin-off series came out, it seemed that it was set several years forward, and Riley and company were all changed (the kids, being out of the Directorate...etc). Was that intentional? Or did I miss a book? I was pretty sure that I had read everything.

Kelly Baker
Hi Keri! I am so in love with Riley! I was hooked from the get go, and OH SO SAD when her series ended. At least we get to see her a little bit in Risa's books!! I just can't say enough how much I love all of your books! And oh, yes, I re-read FREQUENTLY!! LOL!! I can't wait for the next release! Keep writing your magic!! Please come to the States for a tour someday!! :O):orange:

Sinacious
May 18th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Hello Keri,

I was wondering if you had an idea of what kind of series you're going to do after the Dark Angels series is complete?
If so can you give us a hint at what type of main character we'll be reading about? I've always found Succubi to be really intriguing.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to answer some questions!

Andrea Woloszanskyj
May 18th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Hi Keri!

I'm from Toronto, Canada. and I've read through every single of your books that is available through our public Library system. Now I'm in withdrawal!!!! I absolutely LOVE your writing and can't get enough of the books. Can't wait for the next one to come out. Please, oh please, send it to Canada!!!

:)

Andrea

Kim Jacobs Schafer
May 18th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Just want to say I love your books and can't wait to see what Riley gets into next!!

Kim Jacobs Schafer
May 18th, 2012, 07:18 PM
I am new to this but I wanted to say I absolutely love this series!! You manage to bring the characters to life so well my mother and I actually caught ourselves talking about things in the books as if it was real and we knew Riley:)

Kristen Smith Burns
OOoo that's an idea - reread. I just picked up and put down Fifty Shades of Grey.. have you checked that out Keri? Everyone else seems to have. Gotta say, it was just a bit too...yeah, a bit too somethin for me. I'll stick to soft-core. There's things I dont want to know in-depth detail about. lol
Ok, cuz I'm a noob, what's an ARC?

AliciaJ13
Keri Arthur, I love your books! And I cannot wait to read Darkness Devours! What an amzing cover on Risa 3 by the way! Do you have any say in the covers of your books, because Risa 3 is completely different from all of your other covers. I found your books 4 or 5 years ago and when I started reading your Riley Jenson Series I was just blown aways by your talent at creating a story that grabs the reader so easily!

Thank you so very much for the chance to win a copy of Darkness Devours and I look forward to seeing whats in store for your future books!

Alicia Jespersen

Abby B
May 18th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Hi Keri! You are a freakin GENIUS!!! I love The Riley Jenson books... I'm on Deadly Desire right now and I`m loving it... I was hooked from the first page of the first book... Not sure why I waited so long to read them!!

AliciaJ13
May 18th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Keri Arthur, I love your books! And I cannot wait to read Darkness Devours! What an amzing cover on Risa 3 by the way! Do you have any say in the covers of your books, because Risa 3 is completely different from all of your other covers. I found your books 4 or 5 years ago and when I started reading your Riley Jenson Series I was just blown aways by your talent at creating a story that grabs the reader so easily!

Thank you so very much for the chance to win a copy of Darkness Devours and I look forward to seeing whats in store for your future books!

Alicia Jespersen

a_charol
May 18th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I read the first two Dark Angels books this winter and re-read Riley Jenson. Looking forward to the next in Dark Angels. It was strange to see Riley as the responsible wife and mother. Is there going to be any short stories for Riley bridging the time span?

Missy_G
May 18th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Keri...Love your books!!! Ok i saw your old books are going to be re-released, any chance you will write another Spook Squad book? That was the first series I read of yours long, long ago and I loved it!

Also in the next Risa book do we learn more about Azriel? And how many books do you plan for the series? I am really loving this series didn't think you could top Riley but I was wrong.

Thanks!!

AliciaJ13
May 18th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Hey, Keri! How long have you been at this? What I mean is how long have you been writting? Do you enjoy hearing from your fanbase? I have read so many of your books and I absolutely love them! What inspires you the most when writting and do your characters give you new ideas for other books or continuations in the series?

Sheryll1974
May 18th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Hi Keri! I am a huge fan. I read all of Riley Jensen and now I am reading Risa! Thanks for telling such great stories.
Sheryl
sheryll1974@netscape.net

FierySky
May 18th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Hi Keri,

So I'm not sure if this is this thread is live. It's the 18th here still. I guess you live in the future :) I picked up a used copy of Book 4 of the Riley Jensen Series last summer, for a quarter. I loved it and ended up buying the rest of the series, which I only do for the books that are Keepers! We're still waiting for Boor 4 of the Dark Angels series. Thanks for being such an awesome writer.

Amanda Decker
May 18th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Hi Kez, big time fan, (lol bug u on fb :) ) do you no if the (was titled) 'Friends like these' has been picked up yet? From your descriptions it sounds awsome and I'd love to read it.
I have everything you've published and live the lot.
Counting down to 'Risa's' next adventure.
All the best! Cheers from sunny Shepparton :P

holly.collins1
May 18th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Hey Keri!! I can not wait for Darkness Devours to be released. I absolutely love that series!! Love all your books actually =)

Donna A
May 18th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Hi Keri. Just stopping by to say hi. I never can follow these things. Wanted to say thanks for the hours of escape.

Sheryll1974
May 18th, 2012, 07:37 PM
I am a huge fan! I have read all of Riley Jensen and now I am reading about Risa! THanks for telling such great stories.
Sheryl
sheryll1974@netscape.net

Cassandra Hicks
May 18th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Hi Keri! As of the moment I don't have a question but I would like to tell you that I absolutely love your books! I look forward to each new release and can't wait for the next one!

penkay
Hi, Keri, Just stopped by to say I've been with you since the Imajinn days and I still love your books. I also recommend them to my customers.

Dino0429
Keri - I just want to say you are one of my favorite authors. I stumbled on the Riley Jensen Guardian series one day and was hooked. I then got a few of my friends hooked on the series. The Dark Angels series is just as good and I love that you continued the characters. I cannot wait for the next book, I know it will be as good as all the others.

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 07:42 PM
I read the first two Dark Angels books this winter and re-read Riley Jenson. Looking forward to the next in Dark Angels. It was strange to see Riley as the responsible wife and mother. Is there going to be any short stories for Riley bridging the time span?

I'm sorry to say there won't be. I pretty much suck at writing short stories (even if I've done a couple of them). Riley's story is pretty much finished for me and I really wouldn't know what else to do with her anyway (the reason I ended the series in the first place)

Rebecca Allen
May 18th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Hi Keri, I love your bboks and think it is really nice of you to interact and chat with your readers.

Sheryll1974
May 18th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Love all your books

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I really enjoy your books and think it is neat you take time to chat or respond to your readers.

without readers, I wouldn't be able to make a living out of writing, so it's me who should be thanking you all!

Stacie Paolini
May 18th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Hello Keri. Sitting in the hairdressers going back to the bright red of supanova. My friend that had never read your books prior to coming to your panel in Melbourne, is devouring my collection of your novels like a werewolf on a full moon. Glad to have converted another fan lol

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Hi Keri. I know that you are currently working on book 5 of Risa's book. Do you have an idea how many books you plan to write? Also is there anything else you are working on?

There's going to be 7 books in the series. I can't imagine writing more than that, though the ending will be left open enough that I could if I wanted to. I do have another series in the works--two, actually. I've talked about both on my facebook page--the first is the rewritten 'with friends like these' which now has the working title, 'who needs enemies', and the second is my phoenix story. Both are out on submission, so no idea when--if--they'll be published just yet.

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Keri - maybe I missed something in the last Riley novel, but when the new spin-off series came out, it seemed that it was set several years forward, and Riley and company were all changed (the kids, being out of the Directorate...etc). Was that intentional? Or did I miss a book? I was pretty sure that I had read everything.

No, that was intentional. I needed Risa to be an adult in the new series, so I had to skip forward over twenty years to do so. And I thought it would be fun to get glimpses of Riley and her family years down the track

FierySky
May 18th, 2012, 07:49 PM
I am amazed at how many genres you have crossed over with your books. Fantasy, romance, paranormal, murder/mystery. Was that intentional or did it just happened?

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Hi Keri! I am so in love with Riley! I was hooked from the get go, and OH SO SAD when her series ended. At least we get to see her a little bit in Risa's books!! I just can't say enough how much I love all of your books! And oh, yes, I re-read FREQUENTLY!! LOL!! I can't wait for the next release! Keep writing your magic!! Please come to the States for a tour someday!! :O):orange:

Glad you're enjoying the books, Kelly! And I am coming to the States--twice this year, in fact. I'll be in Anaheim in July for RWA (romance writers of america), and they hold a massive booksigning session that's open to the public if you're anywhere near there (details here: http://www.rwa.org/cs/literacy_autographing ). I'll also be in NY in Oct, but I'm not sure what signings I'll be doing there yet.

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Hello Keri,

I was wondering if you had an idea of what kind of series you're going to do after the Dark Angels series is complete?
If so can you give us a hint at what type of main character we'll be reading about? I've always found Succubi to be really intriguing.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to answer some questions!

Nothing has been contracted yet, but as I mentioned above, I have 2 new series in the works. The heroine in one is a phoenix PI, and the heroine in the second is a siren/elf half breed PI. I seem to have a thing for private investigators at the moment. lol

zumzum
May 18th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Hi all. As noted on the newsletter I sent around yesterday, I'll be hanging around this little corner of the world for the next 24hours, answering questions and giving away some prizes. So, ask away! Just remember that I am on the other side of the world, and it's currently after 10 at night, so I will be going to bed in an hour or so. But I will be back tomorrow (my time!)

How many books are currently planned in the Risa series? Also when is the next myth and magic book coming out?.

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Hi Keri!

I'm from Toronto, Canada. and I've read through every single of your books that is available through our public Library system. Now I'm in withdrawal!!!! I absolutely LOVE your writing and can't get enough of the books. Can't wait for the next one to come out. Please, oh please, send it to Canada!!!
Andrea

all my books should be available in Canada! They're part of the commonwealth, and Piatkus have the commonwealth rights (and release them everywhere)

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Just want to say I love your books and can't wait to see what Riley gets into next!!

Thanks, Kim! :)

AliciaJ13
May 18th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Hello all! How is everyone?

Sheryll1974
May 18th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Huge fan! Love all of your books

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:01 PM
OOoo that's an idea - reread. I just picked up and put down Fifty Shades of Grey.. have you checked that out Keri? Everyone else seems to have. Gotta say, it was just a bit too...yeah, a bit too somethin for me. I'll stick to soft-core. There's things I dont want to know in-depth detail about. lol
Ok, cuz I'm a noob, what's an ARC?

I won't pick up fifty shades on principle. I'm sorry, but a book that started off as fanfic using someone else's characters being published seems inherently wrong. NOTE: I have nothing against fanfic if its done for fun rather than profit. And yeah, the characters in fifty shades no longer bear the twilight names, but it still seems wrong to me. Which is a personal opinion, and obviously one few agree with, if sales are anything to go by!

Oh, and an ARC is an advanced reading copy. So it's an uncorrected proof of Darkness Devours, the book that comes out in July

zumzum
May 18th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Loving the Risa books and can't wait for the 3rd book. Do you know how many books will be in the Risa series?

Also, will there be another book in the Myth and Magic series?

hwawrejko
Riley is my absolute favorite series. Love the new one too.

KeriArthur
What an amzing cover on Risa 3 by the way! Do you have any say in the covers of your books, because Risa 3 is completely different from all of your other covers.
Alicia Jespersen

Glad you're enjoying the books, Alicia! The reason for the cover differences is that I switched publishers. Darkness Unbound and Darkness Rising were both with Bantam Dell, and Darkness Devours (and the rest of the series) is with NAL. NAL are aiming more for the urban fantasy market with the covers, whereas Bantam tended to aim more to the romance market. They're doing the same sort of covers for the re-release of Beneath a Rising Moon and Beneath a Darkening Moon

TerryM
May 18th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Hey Keri!
Just wanted to say that I LOVE the Riley Books! Are you going to do another one for her? Is she going to find another "mate" or is she going to stay with Quinn??

Would love to see a new story for her!

You are an awesome author!

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Keri...Love your books!!! Ok i saw your old books are going to be re-released, any chance you will write another Spook Squad book? That was the first series I read of yours long, long ago and I loved it!

Also in the next Risa book do we learn more about Azriel? And how many books do you plan for the series? I am really loving this series didn't think you could top Riley but I was wrong.

Thanks!!

It's unlikely I'll write another Spook Squad, although there was a 4th planned that tied up the series. I'm afraid it's been so long since I've written in that world that I just don't think I could ever get back into it. Besides, there's too many other books I need to write at the moment :)

And yes, you learn more about Azriel over the course of the series, although he still is very secretive :)

Kylie Scott
May 18th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Hi Keri :orange:

Big fan of your's! Love the Riley Jenson Guardian series.

I myself am trying to give the writing ago. I have all these amazing story lines play out in my minds eye, I write down everything as I see it. My question to you is, how do you keep on track? I get so caught up in the details, I feel I wonder too much from the story at hand.

Thank you for sharing your amazing talent with us :whistle:
Kylie Scott

Sheryll1974
May 18th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Huge fan Keri! Read all of Riley and now reading Risa!

Jess Gilbert
Hi Keri! I love your books and have adore the new Dark Angel series! In the books it said that all reapers go by the name Azriel, will we ever learn a more personal name for him? Will we also learn more about his life as a reaper?

KeriArthur
Hey, Keri! How long have you been at this? What I mean is how long have you been writting? Do you enjoy hearing from your fanbase? I have read so many of your books and I absolutely love them! What inspires you the most when writting and do your characters give you new ideas for other books or continuations in the series?

I've been writing since I was 12, but I only got serious about it 20years ago (back in 1990). Took me nearly 10 years to get published, so it wasn't a fast career move by any means!

I love hearing from my fanbase (I'm on my facebook page nearly every day responding to questions etc). It's one of the best things about being a writer :)

I'm not sure what inspires me--I just get these ideas/visions/scenes in my head and have to get them down on paper! I think a writer's brain is wired weirdly (we don't see dead things, we just talk to imaginary characters. lol)

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Hi Keri! I am a huge fan. I read all of Riley Jensen and now I am reading Risa! Thanks for telling such great stories.
Sheryl

Thanks Sheryl! Hope you enjoy the dark angels series, too

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Hi Keri,

So I'm not sure if this is this thread is live. It's the 18th here still. I guess you live in the future :) I picked up a used copy of Book 4 of the Riley Jensen Series last summer, for a quarter. I loved it and ended up buying the rest of the series, which I only do for the books that are Keepers! We're still waiting for Boor 4 of the Dark Angels series. Thanks for being such an awesome writer.

the thread is live, even if it is the 18th where you are :) Glad you picked up book 4 and enjoyed it enough to hunt down the rest of them. Book 3 of dark angels is out july, and book 4 in nov. book 5 will probably be out 6 months after that

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Hi Kez, big time fan, (lol bug u on fb :) ) do you no if the (was titled) 'Friends like these' has been picked up yet? From your descriptions it sounds awsome and I'd love to read it.
All the best! Cheers from sunny Shepparton :P

Hey Amanda, nice to see you here! :) Friends like these hasn't been picked up yet. Will let everyone know as soon as it is :)

And if Shepparton is anything like Kilmore today, it's hardly sunny! I've got the winter woolies on. lol

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Hey Keri!! I can not wait for Darkness Devours to be released. I absolutely love that series!! Love all your books actually =)

Hi Holly! Glad you're enjoying the books :)

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Hi Keri. Just stopping by to say hi. I never can follow these things. Wanted to say thanks for the hours of escape.

yeah, they can be painful. I find it a little easier if its linear mode rather than threaded, if that's any help. And all my posts have quotes in them, so they're easier to pick out if you just want to read my replies :)

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Hi, Keri, Just stopped by to say I've been with you since the Imajinn days and I still love your books. I also recommend them to my customers.

wow, you are a long time fan. Thanks :)

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Keri - I just want to say you are one of my favorite authors. I stumbled on the Riley Jensen Guardian series one day and was hooked. I then got a few of my friends hooked on the series. The Dark Angels series is just as good and I love that you continued the characters. I cannot wait for the next book, I know it will be as good as all the others.

thanks for hooking all your friends! I think you will enjoy Devours--lots of interesting things happen ;)

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Huge fan Keri! Read all of Riley and now reading Risa!

hope you enjoy it!

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Loving the Risa books and can't wait for the 3rd book. Do you know how many books will be in the Risa series?

Also, will there be another book in the Myth and Magic series?

there will be 7 books all told in the dark angels series. ANd, sorry to say, there won't be any more myth and magic books

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Hey Keri!
Just wanted to say that I LOVE the Riley Books! Are you going to do another one for her? Is she going to find another "mate" or is she going to stay with Quinn?? Would love to see a new story for her! You are an awesome author!

Riley did the moon ceremony with Quinn, so she and he are mates until death. But, sorry to say, there's no more Riley books or short stories coming. My time with her is over--I have new characters to torture! lol

AliciaJ13
May 18th, 2012, 08:31 PM
I've been writing since I was 12, but I only got serious about it 20years ago (back in 1990). Took me nearly 10 years to get published, so it wasn't a fast career move by any means!

I love hearing from my fanbase (I'm on my facebook page nearly every day responding to questions etc). It's one of the best things about being a writer :)

I'm not sure what inspires me--I just get these ideas/visions/scenes in my head and have to get them down on paper! I think a writer's brain is wired weirdly (we don't see dead things, we just talk to imaginary characters. lol)

Well, yes I agree. The writer's brain is wired differently. I should know, as I am currently trying to write my first paranormal romance. :D

AliciaJ13
May 18th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Glad you're enjoying the books, Alicia! The reason for the cover differences is that I switched publishers. Darkness Unbound and Darkness Rising were both with Bantam Dell, and Darkness Devours (and the rest of the series) is with NAL. NAL are aiming more for the urban fantasy market with the covers, whereas Bantam tended to aim more to the romance market. They're doing the same sort of covers for the re-release of Beneath a Rising Moon and Beneath a Darkening Moon

Oh I hadn't realized you have switched publishers. I really enjoyed seeing the cover of Darkness Devours. I love Risa's wings!

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Hi Keri :orange:

Big fan of your's! Love the Riley Jenson Guardian series. I myself am trying to give the writing ago. I have all these amazing story lines play out in my minds eye, I write down everything as I see it. My question to you is, how do you keep on track? I get so caught up in the details, I feel I wonder too much from the story at hand.
Kylie Scott

the main thing to concentrate on at this stage is simply getting the story down on paper and finishing it. It doesn't matter how crappy that first draft is, it doesn't matter how far the storyline wanders, as long as you have something down on paper, it can be fixed. No first draft is fab--even for those of us who are published.

If getting ideas for different stories while you're writing one, then what I usually do is jot them down and save the file, with the promise of coming back to them once you've finished the story at hand. That usually does the trick

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Hi Keri! I love your books and have adore the new Dark Angel series! In the books it said that all reapers go by the name Azriel, will we ever learn a more personal name for him? Will we also learn more about his life as a reaper?

yes, you will learn his name--either in book 5 or 6, depending on which way I decide to end book 5. And you do learn more about the reasons why he is a dark angel rather than a reaper :)

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Well, yes I agree. The writer's brain is wired differently. I should know, as I am currently trying to write my first paranormal romance. :D

good luck with it!

hypermama
May 18th, 2012, 08:38 PM
I absolutely LOVE Riley Jensen!! The first thing that ever struck me about her was the stilettos with wooden heels, handy for doing in a vampire. That is what sucked me into the series, I read the entire series in a week. I loved it.

Thanks for writing great books!

AliciaJ13
May 18th, 2012, 08:40 PM
good luck with it!

Thanks, means a lot to get encouragement from Authors!

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:46 PM
I absolutely LOVE Riley Jensen!! The first thing that ever struck me about her was the stilettos with wooden heels, handy for doing in a vampire. That is what sucked me into the series, I read the entire series in a week. I loved it.

Thanks for writing great books!

I thought the wooden stiletto heels were a very logical thing in a world filled with vampires! Glad you enjoyed the series :)

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 08:48 PM
okay, off to walk the dogs before they start gnawing the future in frustration. Keep the questions coming, and I'll answer when I get back (in about half an hour)

will draw the first prize--a dark angels mug--then too :)

AliciaJ13
May 18th, 2012, 08:51 PM
I thought the wooden stiletto heels were a very logical thing in a world filled with vampires! Glad you enjoyed the series :)

I absolutely love the idea of Stiletto's with wooden stakes as heels! It was just great! Also I loved that everytime Riley went into a car garage she was attacked by some paranormal creature with a vengence or intrest in her.

AliciaJ13
May 18th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Keri, do you have any plans for new series in the future?

Krista MacDonald
May 18th, 2012, 09:02 PM
What are your plans after the Risa books? Have you made any yet?

~Krista

maria1272
May 18th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I love all your books. I so love the Riley Series. I got several friends addicted to the books. Tks..

AliciaJ13
May 18th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Kez, If you could work with any author who would it be?
Do you like to give your characters names with meanings?
Did you ever think you would become an author, and if so did you imagine your works becoming so popular?

acm2586
May 18th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Keri, I really love your books and usually speed through them as soon as they're out. Waiting for the next book is always so excruciating, though. Could you recommend some other series and/or authors that I would enjoy in the meantime based on my enjoyment of your writing style/subject matter?

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Keri, do you have any plans for new series in the future?

yep, there's two--one around a phoenix heroine, and the other featuring a siren/elf hybrid. In both cases, they're private investigators. One is sexy, one is more straight urban fantasy (violence, little sex) :)

Kirsten Duclos Abrams
May 18th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I love your books. I speed through them when they come out and look forward to the next. Keep up the great writting. Thanks for entertainment.

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 09:27 PM
What are your plans after the Risa books? Have you made any yet?

~Krista

there's two series in the works--one featuring a phoenix, the other an elf/siren hybrid. neither is contracted yet, so I can't say when--or if--they'll be out.

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Keri, I really love your books and usually speed through them as soon as they're out. Waiting for the next book is always so excruciating, though. Could you recommend some other series and/or authors that I would enjoy in the meantime based on my enjoyment of your writing style/subject matter?

well, I don't read a whole lot in my genre any more; when I read for pleasure, it's generally horror/regency romance/mystery stuff. But check out all the deadline dames (deadlinedames.com)--I blog with them all and they've got some great books. Also, check out another mate, M J Scott. She's a crit buddy, so I may be a little prejudice, but her stuff is fab

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 09:31 PM
okay, as you can see, I'm back from walking the dogs. So, about to draw the winner for the mug. I'll be using your post number and a random number generator to pick all the winners today, so the more you post, the more chances you have of winning :)

here we go......

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 09:36 PM
and the winner of the dark angels mug is.....drum roll.....post 45, FierySky (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/member.php?u=9454)! congrats. Send an email to kez@keriarthur.com with your address details, and I'll post it next week.

and sorry for not replying to the question in that post--I sometimes lose track when lots of comments come in at the same time. Have answered it below.

Amanda Brooke
May 18th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I would love the ARC. I've never posted to this site, so I hope I am doing it right. :)

Jerseyjazz
May 18th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Love your books, I got hooked on the Riley Jensen series and Have Risa's books in my TBR pile...I know once I start I won't be able to put them down :-)

What do you do for down-time?

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I would love the ARC. I've never posted to this site, so I hope I am doing it right. :)

you're doing it right. The ARC winner will be drawn later this afternoon (my time), so the more questions you post, the more chances you have :)

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I am amazed at how many genres you have crossed over with your books. Fantasy, romance, paranormal, murder/mystery. Was that intentional or did it just happened?

I was intentional. I love to read all those genres, so it was almost natural that I'd combine them all in my stories. Having said that, I have tried to write 'straight' genre novels, but I always end up killing someone in romances, and I pretty much suck at straight fantasy stuff

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Hello Keri. Sitting in the hairdressers going back to the bright red of supanova. My friend that had never read your books prior to coming to your panel in Melbourne, is devouring my collection of your novels like a werewolf on a full moon. Glad to have converted another fan lol

oh, bright red--lovely! Wish it would stay red in my hair, but it fades really really badly. Glad your friend is loving the books!

Kirsten Duclos Abrams
May 18th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Keri -
Have you ever thought or have plans to write a Young Adult series?

FierySky
May 18th, 2012, 09:43 PM
and the winner of the dark angels mug is.....drum roll.....post 45, FierySky (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/member.php?u=9454)! congrats. Send an email to kez@keriarthur.com with your address details, and I'll post it next week.

and sorry for not replying to the question in that post--I sometimes lose track when lots of comments come in at the same time. Have answered it below.

Thank you so much! I'll cherish it!

kyliep301
May 18th, 2012, 09:43 PM
any chance of you popping up to canberra in the near future?

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Kez, If you could work with any author who would it be?
Do you like to give your characters names with meanings?
Did you ever think you would become an author, and if so did you imagine your works becoming so popular?

I'm not sure I could actually work with another author--I like controlling my characters too much. That said, if I had the chance to work with James Herbert or Dick Francis (who has unfortunately passed away) I would jump at it

I always look at the meanings of names before I decide to use them, although sometimes the names just happens (Like Risa)

I always wanted to be a writer, but there were lots of times I thought it would never happen. Esp in those first ten years of seriously trying but getting lots of rejections. And no, I had no idea they would ever be this popular--that they are is so amazing to me :)

kyliep301
May 18th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Just tried to post a question but hasn't come up, I'll try again

any chance of you coming to canberra?

Jerseyjazz
May 18th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Is it difficult to come up with the book titles?

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Love your books, I got hooked on the Riley Jensen series and Have Risa's books in my TBR pile...I know once I start I won't be able to put them down :-)
What do you do for down-time?

downtime for me is watching TV (shows like NCIS, NCIS LA, Hawaii 5-O, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural--although I'm a few seasons behind that now), weeding my garden, and photography. I love taking photos :)

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Keri -
Have you ever thought or have plans to write a Young Adult series?

No, simply because I don't believe I have the right sort of voice for a young adult novel. Plus, I don't read them, so I really have no understanding of them. I'd rather concentrate on adult stuff (that's more my strength) :)

Kirsten Duclos Abrams
May 18th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Keri -
What is the most important advice you were given before you were discovered?

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Just tried to post a question but hasn't come up, I'll try again

any chance of you coming to canberra?

yeah, sometimes it takes a while for the posts to show--and sometimes they appear (for no logical reason) on a previous page. WHich is why I sometimes miss them. It's a good idea to repost if I don't answer--if only because that gets you more chances to win something :)

And yes, I'm coming to Canberra. I'm one of the special guests at Conflux this year. Not sure if I'll be doing signings elsewhere--will have to see if any bookstore is interested

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Is it difficult to come up with the book titles?

generally, I've been fairly lucky with book titles. Most of them have been pretty obvious from the story line. The dark angels series has been harder, because we're using darkness as part of the title in all of them, and have to find something to match both it and the story. Interestingly, I've actually kept most of my own titles--I think there were only two titles in the riley series that the editor didn't like, but I came up with new ones that they used

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Keri -
What is the most important advice you were given before you were discovered?

write what you love because you're going to be stuck writing it for a long time :)

Jerseyjazz
May 18th, 2012, 09:57 PM
awesome, the only one on your list I haven't seen is Supernatural. Thank you for shaing your time & talents with your readers, we really appreciate it.

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 10:00 PM
awesome, the only one on your list I haven't seen is Supernatural. Thank you for shaing your time & talents with your readers, we really appreciate it.

the first 5 seasons of supernatural are brilliant. I think they've lost the plot a little since then (from what I've seen and read), but hey, Sam and Dean (the two heroes) are still very watchable :)

Kirsten Duclos Abrams
May 18th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Once Upon a Time is amazing! What a season Finale that was...I cant wait to see what comes next. Supernatural has gotten a bit weird, but the brothers are pretty hot :)
Do you ever come over to the states, and do you do books signings here?
This is so cool that you do this for your fans... Thanks

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Once Upon a Time is amazing! What a season Finale that was...I cant wait to see what comes next. Supernatural has gotten a bit weird, but the brothers are pretty hot :)
Do you ever come over to the states, and do you do books signings here?
This is so cool that you do this for your fans... Thanks

Haven't seen the last 4 eps of Once Upon a Time yet....I'll be doing so this weekend. I want to smack some sense into Charming right now, so I'm hoping that all gets resolves a little!

Yes, I do come to the States, but generally for conferences. I'll be at the RWA conference at Anaheim in July--they have a signing event open to the public (details here: http://www.rwa.org/cs/literacy_autographing ) and I'll also be at Comic Con in NY in Oct, but I have no book signing details for there yet

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 10:11 PM
okay, off to find me something for lunch. Back in about an hour. Keep those questions coming! I'll be drawing the winner of the T-Shirt next (probably around three my time) and the ARC will be drawn in the evening around 6 (my time, which would be early AM for most of those in the States)

Kirsten Duclos Abrams
May 18th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I am sure you have been asked this before, but when you read in your spear time, who are your favorite authors??

AliciaJ13
May 18th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Keri-
When will you be giving away more prizes?

AliciaJ13
May 18th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Keri-
When will you be giving away more prizes?

Oh, nevermind you already answered that question just below me. Can't wait to see who wins the Shirt and the ARC!!!!!

hypermama
May 18th, 2012, 10:58 PM

I know! They make so much sense!

I've put the rest of your books on my "please please please buy me these books" list.

Christine from Canada (we discussed the -30C weather a while back smilies/chill.gif)

AliciaJ13
May 18th, 2012, 11:18 PM

Crystal

Oh my gosh Keri Arhtur is an amazing author! The Riley Jenson Guardian Series is just wonderful! Riley and Qhuinn are an amazing couple and I am sure you would love this series, then once you finish these books you can move onto Ms. Arthur's Angel series which is a spin off of her Riley Jenson Series.

KeriArthur
May 18th, 2012, 11:20 PM
I am sure you have been asked this before, but when you read in your spear time, who are your favorite authors??

all time favourites are Dick Francis and James Herbert. I also re-read Lord of the Rings every other year :) I do also read a lot of regency romance (because its so totally different to anything I'd write) and love Eloisa James and Julia Quinn

lilpixie
May 18th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Whats your most wanted to read book at the moment ?

AliciaJ13
May 18th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Keri-
What kind of research did you have to do for your Angel/Risa series?

AliciaJ13
May 18th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Ms. Arthur-
What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview? How would you answer that question?

KeriArthur
May 19th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Whats your most wanted to read book at the moment ?

I'm actually reading Why we get fat, and what to do about it, by Gary Taubes at the moment--it's something I've wanted to read for a while. I'm not sure I have a next 'must read'--I have piles of to-be-read books, but I also have a stack of to-watch movies, and I tend to go through those first

KeriArthur
May 19th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Keri-
What kind of research did you have to do for your Angel/Risa series?

I generally research myths and legends to uncover the bad guys, and I've been doing a fair bit of research on witches, ceremonies, and the like, because I didn't want to get that wrong. Other than that, not much. I mean, I've been writing in the Riley world for a while now, so I know that fairly well :)

KeriArthur
May 19th, 2012, 01:23 AM
okay, have drawn the winner of the T-shirt, and its post number116--Kirsten Duclos Abrams. Congrats! Send an email with what size you'd prefer (small to xlarge are the choices) to kez@keriarthur.com with your address details, and I'll pop it in the post for you. Next up, the ARC, which will be drawn at 6pm my time (about 2 and a half hours away)

KeriArthur
May 19th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Ms. Arthur-
What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview? How would you answer that question?

Not sure I can answer that one, because everything I can think of I have been asked over the course of the last few years!

Jamie Marrie Robinson
May 19th, 2012, 03:07 AM
I am so chopping at the bit for the next book!

Sinacious
May 19th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Nothing has been contracted yet, but as I mentioned above, I have 2 new series in the works. The heroine in one is a phoenix PI, and the heroine in the second is a siren/elf half breed PI. I seem to have a thing for private investigators at the moment. lolI love the sound of the siren/elf. I hope that it does wind up getting pushed forward into a contract (I can't imagine any reason why it wouldn't with your writing abilities).

Either way I can't wait for the next Dark Angel book to come out or anything else you'll be putting out!

Emmalou
May 19th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Love your books Keri, Riley Jensen books definitely got me into reading the paranormal/dark urban fantasy books - and now I am hooked! Will there be any new Riley books at all?

FierySky
May 19th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Haven't seen the last 4 eps of Once Upon a Time yet....I'll be doing so this weekend. I want to smack some sense into Charming right now, so I'm hoping that all gets resolves a little!

Yes, I do come to the States, but generally for conferences. I'll be at the RWA conference at Anaheim in July--they have a signing event open to the public (details here: http://www.rwa.org/cs/literacy_autographing ) and I'll also be at Comic Con in NY in Oct, but I have no book signing details for there yet

Do you post somewhere when you you'll be making appearances? NY is a long drive but it's possible. I hope you've had a chance to visit other parts of the US besides the big cities. NY and the city life is very different from New England (which if you don't know is the Northeastern part of the US that was first settled). I've never been to a comic con, but they sound great. I'll try to set the date aside when I find it.

Jeriha
May 19th, 2012, 05:17 AM
yep, there's two--one around a phoenix heroine, and the other featuring a siren/elf hybrid. In both cases, they're private investigators. One is sexy, one is more straight urban fantasy (violence, little sex) :)

niceeeeeeee combinations.. where do you guys come up with these?? :)

KeriArthur
May 19th, 2012, 06:25 AM
I am so chopping at the bit for the next book!

well, it's only just over a month away now! :)

KeriArthur
May 19th, 2012, 06:27 AM
I love the sound of the siren/elf. I hope that it does wind up getting pushed forward into a contract (I can't imagine any reason why it wouldn't with your writing abilities).
Either way I can't wait for the next Dark Angel book to come out or anything else you'll be putting out!

these days, nothing is ever certain in the publishing world, and Who Needs Enemies is now where near as sexy as Riley or Risa. They may refuse it for that reason alone.

KeriArthur
May 19th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Love your books Keri, Riley Jensen books definitely got me into reading the paranormal/dark urban fantasy books - and now I am hooked! Will there be any new Riley books at all?

sorry Emmalou, but no, there won't be any more Riley novels. I'm too busy torturing Risa these days! lol

KeriArthur
May 19th, 2012, 06:29 AM
niceeeeeeee combinations.. where do you guys come up with these?? :)

In my case, I have a very warped imagination. lol

KeriArthur
May 19th, 2012, 06:39 AM
sorry about the late posting, but the board has been freezing up on me!

anyways, the winner of the Darkness Devours ARC is Kirsten Duclos Abrams! Congrats Kirsten. As with the other winners, send an email to kez@keriarthur.com with your postal details, and I'll get that out to you next week.

Thanks for participating in today's chat, everyone! I'll pop into the board randomly tomorrow, so if you have any other questions, feel free to ask them!

FierySky
May 19th, 2012, 06:39 AM
In my case, I have a very warped imagination. lol

I love your imagination. The wolf hybrids have been fascinating, and a phoenix sounds intriguing. Would the Phoenix have actual wings this time? Now I'm bummed because I'll have to wait. How long does it take to publish a book?

KeriArthur
May 19th, 2012, 06:41 AM
I love your imagination. The wolf hybrids have been fascinating, and a phoenix sounds intriguing. Would the Phoenix have actual wings this time? Now I'm bummed because I'll have to wait. How long does it take to publish a book?

she can take three forms--human, fire and phoenix (a bird). It has to sell first, then it take somewhere between 6--9 months to go through the edits etc and come out

FierySky
May 19th, 2012, 06:46 AM
she can take three forms--human, fire and phoenix (a bird). It has to sell first, then it take somewhere between 6--9 months to go through the edits etc and come out

Well I certainly I hope it sells (Though your books must sell easily, because they are great.) That has to be the most fascinating description for a book I've heard I'll year and I don't even know the storyline. I'd defintely pick it up.

KeriArthur
May 19th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Well I certainly I hope it sells (Though your books must sell easily, because they are great.) That has to be the most fascinating description for a book I've heard I'll year and I don't even know the storyline. I'd defintely pick it up.

let's hope you're right!

FierySky
May 19th, 2012, 06:57 AM
let's hope you're right!

Do you write on only one series at a time until the series is finished, or do you do other books in between?

KeriArthur
May 19th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Do you write on only one series at a time until the series is finished, or do you do other books in between?

I generally only write one book at a time, but I often write another book in between each of the series books. Who Needs Enemies was completed after I'd finished Risa 4. I'm now writing Risa 5, and when I finish it, I'll probably work on the sequel to Who needs Enemies :)

FierySky
May 19th, 2012, 07:12 AM
I generally only write one book at a time, but I often write another book in between each of the series books. Who Needs Enemies was completed after I'd finished Risa 4. I'm now writing Risa 5, and when I finish it, I'll probably work on the sequel to Who needs Enemies :)

Will these books released at the same time in the US as there? I was just looking at your website and it says Beneath a Darkening Moon will be available in May of 2012, but Amazon says October. Do you know if the date was changed?

KeriArthur
May 19th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Will these books released at the same time in the US as there? I was just looking at your website and it says Beneath a Darkening Moon will be available in May of 2012, but Amazon says October. Do you know if the date was changed?

Beneath a Rising Moon was supposed to be coming out in May but I found out last week (via amazon) that it had been delayed until July. Beneath a Darkening Moon is supposed to come out Nov, as far as I know. Whether it will or not is anyone's guess at this stage.

Kirsten Duclos Abrams
May 19th, 2012, 07:59 AM
sorry about the late posting, but the board has been freezing up on me!

anyways, the winner of the Darkness Devours ARC is Kirsten Duclos Abrams! Congrats Kirsten. As with the other winners, send an email to kez@keriarthur.com with your postal details, and I'll get that out to you next week.

Thanks for participating in today's chat, everyone! I'll pop into the board randomly tomorrow, so if you have any other questions, feel free to ask them!

I have emailed you my postal info. Thank You so much. It was fun chatting and I look forward to the next opportunity. :)

AliciaJ13
May 19th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I had a wonderful time chatting with you yesterday! And congrats to the three winners!
Have a nice day, and good luck with your future endeavours!