PDA

View Full Version : hey

freebrianh4
September 21st, 2007, 05:25 PM
Hello everybody my name is Brian Hollingsworth.

I am new here.

I am trying to write a horror book and could use some advise on how to write it. And what i need to do. Please help me if you can.

Brian

Karenne
September 21st, 2007, 05:44 PM
Hi Brian! Welcome to our forum family!

You should check out the Writer's Cafe. I bet you could get some great information there!Bunny

Dani
September 21st, 2007, 06:17 PM
:welcome: Brian!

I hope that you find the help here that you're looking for. There is pleanty of information in the forums and lots of great people that can probably help you. :yes:

Good luck on writing and enjoy your time here! :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
September 25th, 2007, 12:25 AM
:welcome: Brian

Good luck with trying to write a book. Hope you enjoy posting here at CTR

sjwilling
September 25th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Hint:

Keep humor in there, make sure that the hero and heroine have peeps they really care about. Use the fun they have enjoying each other's company as a counterpoise to the horrorific someone's going to die times. The contrast will enhance the suspense and terror.

Also keep it logical, and contrived free. There's nothing worse than reading a horror where the beastie can only be killed by fire and lo and behold in the middle of a jungle the hero discovers a flare gun.

Yeah, right.

Heh.

S.J.

P.S. Welcome to the forum, I'd introduce you properly but I haven't quite gotten the blood off the chainsaw yet...

:unsure:

S.J.

Dani
September 25th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Shhhhh, S.J.! You're not supposed to tell people about the chainsaw! It's a suprise! :roflmao:

sjwilling
September 25th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Shhhhh, S.J.! You're not supposed to tell people about the chainsaw! It's a suprise! :roflmao:

Oh, rats. Sorry I forgot. I was supposed to say

"Hey, we have this great retreat in the forest, little wooden hut and fast food restaurant. Makes perfect handburgers, uhm hamburgers." :swoon:

Mwahahahahah

S.J.

Dani
September 25th, 2007, 03:53 PM
You're just too funny!! :biggrin:

sjwilling
September 25th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Well I try to be. Like my mother always said, I was very trying.

S.J.

Dani
September 25th, 2007, 04:38 PM
I'm sure she ment something VERY different. :lol:

sjwilling
September 25th, 2007, 04:40 PM
You know, everyone tells me that.

:wazzapp:

S.J.