PDA

View Full Version : Hey Keri

freebrianh4
September 22nd, 2007, 03:50 PM
I would like to know how you would start writing a book. I am trying to write a book myself and would like to get some tips and pointers from you of what I should do and how It must sound. thanks.

Its about a young woman who gets bitten by a werewolf on her way home from night school.
:wazzapp:

Brian Hollingsworth

KeriArthur
October 2nd, 2007, 05:53 PM
HI Brian

sorry about the delayed reply--I've only just noticed this question here.

The best way to start writing is to simply sit down and write. I know it sounds simplistic, but it's as simple as that. First drafts are never good--a story is made good in the editing, not the first writing bit, so don't worry about what it first sounds like or reads like, just write it. Once you know the overall story, and have a beginning, middle, and end, you can fix up the horrible bits.

Length wise, you're looking at a 100k (400 pages standard formatting--which is explained on my website) for an adult book. As to what it should sound like--everyone's 'voice' is different, so it's a matter of simply writing the best story you can. Don't worry about whether or not it fits what is already out there, just write a darn good story.

Good luck with it!

freebrianh4
October 6th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Thank you for your responce.

Just want to let you know i have a learning disability and it will take for ever to write it. I could use someone to help me write my book like a co-author or something. To write word for word of what i say. I have tenacy to freeze alot and not continue writing. well got to go see you later

brian

Angie61881
August 10th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Hey Keri
I'm a big fan of the Riley Jensen books is there any way you could get the nexted book out sooner. This wait is a killer. If not I'll just reread all the others. Or can you sujest some other books that are just as good?

Thanks
Angie

KeriArthur
August 17th, 2008, 05:28 PM
lol Angie. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do about the release date of the next Riley book. The publishers have all the power there, not the author. But the first book in my new series is coming out in October, so that's not too far away.

as for other recommendations, you could always try Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series or Jenna Black's Morgan Kingsley series.

JMCornwell
August 9th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I reviewed Full Moon Rising some time ago and have been too busy to keep up with all your other books (too big a stack to get through every week), but I definitely enjoyed Riley and the world she inhabits. However, which do you prefer ,the tortured hero or the unrepentant bad boy?

KeriArthur
August 12th, 2009, 01:40 AM
it depends on the story. I like bad boys more than the tortured hero though.