PDA

View Full Version : How to Make A Book Video part 2 by Linda Hadaway

lindajo
June 9th, 2012, 12:29 PM
How To Make A Book Video *

<O:p></O:p>

Part 2
By Linda Hadaway
( www.lindahadaway.com (http://www.lindahadaway.com/)) check my videos first- if you’d like

Pictures and music. They are the body and soul of your book video. There are free royalty pictures available on line. There are also ones you pay for. I choose to buy mine- because…first and foremost- I wanted to make sure I am doing everything legal. I did end up e mailing the site to ask different questions- I did not want to be sued over using a picture. Again, shop around to different site- some are more spendy that others. I use 123rf Stock Photos; Big Stock; and I Stock Photos. Create your account ( it’s free) and log in. The you type in what image(s) you are looking for. You can spend literally hours upon hours looking at photos. When you find one you like- click on “lightbox” and give it a name- probably your novel name. You can do that for as many as you want. When you have decided on which pictures you want to buy- simply click on it and different sizes and prices will come up- by this time- you should have bought some credits. For the videos- I buy the smallest image. That’s all you need. However, if you are self publishing and buying the book cover-you will want the largest and one size smaller. These sizes work well to download- for self publishing- and if you want to make your own book markers ( lots of places on the web to do that).
Once you have all your pictures, you can start downloading them onto your video program. The book cover will – most likely- be your choice for the first slide. If you don’t have your book cover first, go ahead and fill in the sides- you can always “move” them over later. This is where I use my notebook pages - my “story” line. ( See part one from last week)
Some photo sites even have short videos-( seconds) that go with the picture for a few seconds…ex. The picture shows a couple- click on the video and the couple actually kisses. These are more expensive—of course, but another option to add to your video. Be sure to check the MB size- your video program may not have the capacity to “carry” the video.
Usually there is already a “timed space” between each picture. I would advise – for now- leave it as is. You can change later- after you have incorporated your words and music; effects, ect.
When all your pics are downloaded so ahead and run it- again- don’t change the time settings yet! This is where I play with each frame. Do I want to fade in or out? Zoom in? This is time consuming- however your goal is to have a great video! Next, add your words..play around with different effects, fonts, pace of words, etc. I save the last picture to include the publisher- where they can buy the book, my web site address, and that book video is by…me. I also space this last page to stay playing for a few seconds..so the reader has time to read it.
Breathe……………
* I just found out yesterday that term "book trailer" is a US Registered trademark to Circle of Seven Productions. Therefore I will now refer to it as a “book video.”
<O:p> Next week- Part 3- finishing it up.</O:p>