PDA

View Full Version : rock hard cookies

Jennifer
September 24th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Can anyone share how they get their cookies to stay soft, moist and chewy? I make so many batches of cookies and try to perfect this but am never successful. When I take them out they are either not done or are on the softer side and then get rock hard. Thanks for any tips!

Karenne
September 25th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Fresh flour

room temperature eggs

room temperature butter

and a Preheated oven

Those are all important (wink)

jennzilla
September 30th, 2007, 02:07 AM
I also have one of those convection cookie sheets, the ones with the space between the two layers which keeps the bottom from getting too brown too quickly. I love mushy cookies, too though, so Karenne's pointers are much appreciated.

Oh and if all else fails, there's always The Great American Cookie Co!

:lol:

Jennifer
October 9th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I have never, ever tried room temperature eggs...maybe that is my problem. We will see. If not, I'm going to The Great American Cookie Co. lol. :)

Oh, these made my mouth water the other day on Food Network...HUGE cookies from Levain Bakery! www.Levainbakery.com I have never seen such expensive cookies, but they look so good!

AngelaSteed
October 9th, 2007, 08:50 PM
You might also want to try unsalted butter.

oh, and don't mix the batter too much or they'll turn out to be throwing stars.

Linda L Lattimer
October 10th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Jenifer I must have missed that on Food Network, the cookies look great. I, too, never leave my eggs at room temperature, guilty, here, so that is probably why mine never do right. I get in such a hurry. I am going to have to follow Karenne's advice

Linda