PDA

View Full Version : Care to share?

MM Pollard
August 1st, 2012, 03:38 PM
I see lots of views of Lesson 1. Woohoo. Would you like to share a little about yourself? You already know about me. It's only fair I know a little about you.

I also hope that at the end of the workshop, you will post your thoughts on the lessons here. I always welcome student feedback.

Thanks.

MM

J.D. Faver
August 1st, 2012, 04:48 PM
Hi MM!
I write romantic suspense and romantic thrillers, mostly. I have 9 independently published novels on Amazon and 5 on B&N. One of my novels, ON ICE is free today as a part of the KDP select program. If you would like to take a look and download a free copy here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Ice-Contemporary-Romantic-Thriller-ebook/dp/B00758KQ22/ref=la_B0050KEWMM_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1343852477&sr=1-5
I participate in a vicious critique group and I'm taking pages to be eviscerated tonight. I must like it, because I keep going back. No matter how many edit passes I make through a finished novel, someone can always find something else. Hoping this class can make my editing process bullet-proof, or at least stronger.
*hugs*
~JD

I see lots of views of Lesson 1. Woohoo. Would you like to share a little about yourself? You already know about me. It's only fair I know a little about you.

I also hope that at the end of the workshop, you will post your thoughts on the lessons here. I always welcome student feedback.

Thanks.

MM

CarolD
August 2nd, 2012, 12:59 PM
Hi, I'm Carol DeVaney. I write Contemporary with humor. As of March, 2012, I've indie published two novels and 1 short story. My next book is Not My Own, followed by A Cowboy's Hero. I'm looking forward to the class and applying to my mss. Thank you!

Kaye Spencer
August 2nd, 2012, 02:37 PM
Greetings. Kaye Spencer here. I see I'm a day late discovering this workshop, so I hope the 'better late than never' adage applies. :walking1:

I write romance with a bent toward the American Old West and cowboys. I have six books published and will re-publish a novella as a rewritten, full-length indie novel in 2013.

I also edit reviews for Joyfully Reviewed. I've taught school and/or worked as a principal, school psychologist, and special education director over the course of my many years in public education. I currently teach junior high and high school English, history, creative writing and, at the community college level, roughly every other year I teach psychology, sociology, creative writing, public speaking, English Compostion, literature, and humanities.

I'm looking forward to participating in this class. Thanks!

Kaye Spencer

MM Pollard
August 2nd, 2012, 03:45 PM
Glad you are here, Kaye and Carol. The more the merrier.

MM

janet2write
August 2nd, 2012, 05:19 PM
Hi MM,
I'm looking forward to this class. I always learn so much in your classes.

Janet R.

lynda_frazier
August 2nd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Hey Everyone,
I'm Lynda Frazier and write Romantic Suspense. My first book will be out the end of this year and I just found out today that my short story was chosen for an anthology. :smilingsun:so I'm excited! I truly need this workshop, My critique partners will agree with me. So off to lesson number one.
Lynda

madcapmaggie
August 3rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
Hi (waves). I'm Margaret, and my tween/sci ebook, "Relocated," was recently release by MuseItUp Publishing. I published the book of poems that goes with the book through CreateSpace.

I'm hoping that next week will be nice and boring. This week we discovered someone had stolen credit information and one of our dogs swallowed some mouse poison. Fortunately, the dog and the bank account are both going to recover.

MM Pollard
August 3rd, 2012, 06:22 PM
Hi, Margaret. Glad you're here. Glad to hear that the dog and the account will make it!

MM

Kay Angel
August 14th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Sorry to be so late. I am running waaayyy behind, I know. I'm working a full time plus job in the DC area and writing to meet a MS request deadline in my 'spare' time. I'm 43 YO, writing an urban fantasy/paranormal, which will probably end up on the erotic end of things. I'm unpublished so far, though I've worked in the publishing industry for a lot of years on the non-fiction side doing DTP and graphics.