PDA

View Full Version : Chat with Class Act Books Authors

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 11:23 AM
It seems I'm late to the party thanks to work.
I've misplaced the rest of the authors from Class Act Books, so if anyone has seen them send them this way.

I'm Jacqueline Paige and one of the authors from Class Act Books.

I'll go round up the rest and be back shortly.

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Well, this has been quite the treasure hunt this morning, but I'm here now.

Hi, everyone. I'm Class Act Books author Linda Rettstatt. I've had my morning coffee and a cupcake (don't ask), so I'm all caffeined and sugared up and ready to chat.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Hey Linda!

I just flew in the door from work, still covered in coffee, latte's, cake and muffin batter. I've sent out a locator for the rest of the Class Act authors, so now I'll just run and change and be right back.

Maybe while I do that you could post our links, Linda, for the website etc... I have the location of our books here at CTR http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/BookStore/index/manufacturers_id/30

see you in a few

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Shoot, I clicked the wrong thing and got lost again. Okay, I'm back now and saved the link to the thread. Let me see if I can stop getting stuck in the revolving door and ending up outside.

I posted a blurb for my book, Renting to Own, but who knows where it went? I'll try again.

MeganHussey
August 18th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Hi Jacqueline and everyone! I'm Megan Hussey, a Class Act Books author. Welcome to our chat, I look forward to talking to everyone!

tvsweeney
August 18th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I'm here but it wasn't easy since no one answered any of my requests for how to get access. Also Internet is running slow today (guess the waves can't get in between the raindrops). Having to wait a long time for each page to load.

tvsweeney
August 18th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Toni Sweeney (and Icy Snow Blackstone) reporting!

tvsweeney
August 18th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Hey, this says I'm a "Hot Chocolate" member. Great, my favorite hot beverage (and cold) and in solid form and as frosting and over ice cream...

MeganHussey
August 18th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Oooh, hot chocolate sounds heavenly!:)

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I spilled hot chocolate all over myself this morning at work if that counts :err:

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I had a chocolate cream filled cupcake for breakfast. Does that count?

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Here's a blurb from my book, Renting To Own. (and pay attention, 'cause I'll be giving away a pdf later).

Twenty-three-year-old single mom, Lily Champion is finally getting her life on track: she's secured a decent job, is finally feeling the foundation settle beneath her feet, and is renting to own a house she loves. All is well. Until she is forced to quit her job and find another, her landlord puts her house up for sale, and her child’s father appears after five years, wanting to see his daughter. The last thing she needs now is not one, but two men pursuing her for romance.

http://www.classactbooks.com/processxml.asp?tid=RENTINGTOOWN&StyleSheet=title.xsl

(http://www.classactbooks.com/processxml.asp?tid=RENTINGTOOWN&StyleSheet=title.xsl)Linda Rettstatt
www.lindarettstatt.com (http://www.lindarettstatt.com)
(http://www.lindarettstatt.com)

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 11:59 AM
While we're waiting for the rest to find us maybe we could start by listing a brief bio, and what we have published at Class Act Books.

To help with finding things later, title your post with your name.

I'll be back to post mine just as soon as I comb the remnants of the latte mishap out of my hair. ugh!

tvsweeney
August 18th, 2012, 12:02 PM
So are we three the only ones here? On this lovely cloud-ridden Saturday?

tvsweeney
August 18th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I'm thinking we should've done this directly in the writer's loop. It's too complicated to get in here. The other way, it would've been open to anyone wanting to join in.

MeganHussey
August 18th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Hi I'm Megan. I have the titles Wild Sirens and Naked Siren, both mermen fantasy stories, at Class Act. Here is my bio:
Megan Hussey is a feminist erotica author known for writing paranormal-based fantasy romances. Many of her stories revolve around fantasy characters such as mermen, and strong, real woman heroines.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 12:08 PM
A few others are on route as soon as they can get free and as far as I know more will be here later. Cloud-ridden? It's a bright sun shiny day here in Ontario

So are we three the only ones here? On this lovely cloud-ridden Saturday?

tvsweeney
August 18th, 2012, 12:15 PM
I'm Toni V. Sweeney and I also write as Icy Snow Blackstone. As myself, I've penned Serpent's Tooth ( horror story), Wizard's Wife, For the Love in Adler's Brain, The King's Swordswoman, The Rose and the Dragon. As Icy Snow, I've written Runaway Brother, The Finer Gentleman, Bargain with Lucifer, and Brother Devil. Jericho Road was released this week.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 12:15 PM
From Class Act Books I have available:

The Magic Seasons series
Book I - From Beltane Magic
Book II - The Solstice Heat
Book III- Harvest Dreams
Book IV - Autumn Dance (TBR September 15th)

The Hidden Senses Trilogy
Mystic Perceptions
Dream Visions
Inner Reflections (coming soon)

I have an "Official" bio, which roughly translates into a very busy mom of five, an over-worked manager of chaotic cafe & eatery - I live on coffee and occasionally sleep.... OH and I have been writing for six years and presently have a dozen works in progress on the go. :dizzy:

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Oops, should have done this first. I'm Linda Rettstatt. I write both contemporary romance and women's fiction (most of which has a romance element). I guess I'm a romantic at heart. Though I'm multi-published, I'll be sharing my Class Act Books publication, Renting To Own, here today. I'm from Southwestern Pennsylvania originally, but for the past twelve years I've called NW Mississippi home. Though if you're a southerner, you know a yankee is never completely at home in the south. Just don't have same roots. But the people here have been very gracious to me.

When I'm not writing, I work as a social worker for a non-profit. What that means is, I work seven days a week, as many hours a day as possible, because I'm writing just about every available minute.

Glad to be here today.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I am paying attention, Linda :dog06:

Here's a blurb from my book, Renting To Own. (and pay attention, 'cause I'll be giving away a pdf later).

Twenty-three-year-old single mom, Lily Champion is finally getting her life on track: she's secured a decent job, is finally feeling the foundation settle beneath her feet, and is renting to own a house she loves. All is well. Until she is forced to quit her job and find another, her landlord puts her house up for sale, and her child’s father appears after five years, wanting to see his daughter. The last thing she needs now is not one, but two men pursuing her for romance.

http://www.classactbooks.com/processxml.asp?tid=RENTINGTOOWN&StyleSheet=title.xsl

(http://www.classactbooks.com/processxml.asp?tid=RENTINGTOOWN&StyleSheet=title.xsl)Linda Rettstatt
(http://www.lindarettstatt.com)

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Just a quick tip. If you scroll down to the posting window and click on Go Advanced, you can add your own title to your message post. e.g. your name, etc.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 12:19 PM
And I thought I never slept! That's quite the list, Toni. :err:

I'm Toni V. Sweeney and I also write as Icy Snow Blackstone. As myself, I've penned Serpent's Tooth ( horror story), Wizard's Wife, For the Love in Adler's Brain, The King's Swordswoman, The Rose and the Dragon. As Icy Snow, I've written Runaway Brother, The Finer Gentleman, Bargain with Lucifer, and Brother Devil. Jericho Road was released this week.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 12:21 PM
...and there is the option to reply with previous in quote, not to mention the cute little smiley's and whatnot :orange:

Just a quick tip. If you scroll down to the posting window and click on Go Advanced, you can add your own title to your message post. e.g. your name, etc.

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 12:21 PM
I am paying attention, Linda :dog06:

A hot chocolate bath is always a good wake-up call.

Miriam Newman
August 18th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Hey, this says I'm a "Hot Chocolate" member. Great, my favorite hot beverage (and cold) and in solid form and as frosting and over ice cream...

Hey, Toni! Congratulations on getting this up and running, I know it wasn't easy for me the first time I tried it. But congrats and hope you have a good chat.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Loved the second one, Megan. Are there more on the way?? Cheerleader

Hi I'm Megan. I have the titles Wild Sirens and Naked Siren, both mermen fantasy stories, at Class Act. Here is my bio:
Megan Hussey is a feminist erotica author known for writing paranormal-based fantasy romances. Many of her stories revolve around fantasy characters such as mermen, and strong, real woman heroines.

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Chapter One

<O:p</O:p"Lily, I need you in here. Now."

Not now. Lily Champion looked at her watch—five-twenty. Veronica Steadman appeared in the doorway and glared at her. "Lily? Now, as in right now." She turned and stalked back into her office.

Lily grabbed a steno pad and followed. Veronica sat on the edge of the polished oak desk, the phone to her ear. She waved a finger, indicating Lily should wait. Perspiration dampened Lily's palms. She couldn't be late again to pick up <ST1:p<st1:City w:st="on">Chelsea</st1:City></ST1:p, and she couldn't just walk out on Veronica.

"You're pacing like a caged cat. Sit down," Veronica ordered, hanging up the phone.

"Can this wait until tomorrow? It's after five o'clock, and I have to be somewhere."

"Where you have to be is right here. I'm scheduled for court first thing in the morning and I need you to go through these depositions, make sure there aren't any typos."

"I'll take them with me and meet you at the courthouse at seven-thirty in the morning."

"No." Veronica sat behind her desk, leaning back in the leather chair. She locked Lily in a piercing stare. "You must get your priorities straight. I need an assistant who wants to work. A lot of people would be grateful for this job."

"I do want to work, but I also have other responsibilities. I can't leave my daughter at the daycare center past six o'clock."

Veronica waved a hand through the air. "Then I suggest you hire a nanny or something. If you want to keep this job, you'll get it worked out. And if you're going to continue as my assistant, you have to be available to work my hours."

She leaned back in the plush leather executive chair and swiveled from side to side, oozing self-importance.

Lily imagined the chair tipping and Veronica crashing through the glass window, falling to the pavement twelve stories below. She shuddered.

Veronica leaned forward and snapped her fingers. "Hello? You haven't heard a word I've said. I hope you're more of a help to Arthur than you are to me. Otherwise, I don't know why we keep you."

With mechanical movements, as if she'd stepped outside of her body, Lily stood. Her hands balled into fists at her side. "Veronica, I think I have my priorities straight. And, you're right, I'm not the kind of assistant you need. I have a life apart from this office, an important one." She paused to swallow and to still the quiver in her voice. "I-I think you need to find someone else. I'll clear my desk on my way out."

The screech followed her from the room. "You can't just walk out. You have a job to do. You have to give reasonable notice." A pause. "Don't even think about asking for a reference."

In her mind, Lily flipped a middle finger at Veronica. Here's reasonable notice. She dumped her few personal items into a plastic bag and carefully placed the framed photo of her daughter in her purse.

The elevator made a slow crawl to the twelfth floor. Once inside, Lily pounded on the button for the garage level. She raced through the parking garage and, with a shaking hand, shoved the key into the ignition of her old <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pToyota</ST1:p</st1:City>. She fumbled in her purse for her cell phone and dialed the daycare. "Mrs. Colucci, this is Lily Champion. I'm running late, but I should be there in ten minutes, fifteen max. I know. I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

It sure wouldn't happen again. With no job, she couldn't afford daycare. But with no job, she wouldn't need care for her four-year-old daughter. Lily's stomach burned as she realized what she'd done. She lived paycheck to paycheck and she'd be lucky to get one for this past week, having failed to give reasonable notice.

Tears stung her eyes and she wiped them away angrily. "Just because that bitch, Veronica, doesn't have a life, it doesn't give her the right to judge mine," she muttered, lurching the car to a stop in front of the brick ranch that housed the Small World Daycare. She glanced at her watch. "Shit."

Mrs. Colucci met her at the door. "Lily, we've been through this before. We close at six o'clock sharp. It's not fair for you to be late so often. I have a family, too."

<st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pChelsea</ST1:p</st1:City> ran to Lily, throwing her arms around her waist. "Mommy, I thought you forgot."

"I would never forget you." She stooped and kissed her daughter's cheek, struggling to control the tremor in her voice. "Go get your things. I need to talk to Mrs. Colucci for a minute."

Lily waited until <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pChelsea</ST1:p</st1:City> was out of earshot. "I'm sorry. I got held up at work, but it won't happen again. <ST1:p<st1:City w:st="on">Chelsea</st1:City></ST1:p won't be coming back for a while. I know I paid for the month, but if I could have a refund for the balance…"

"Refund? You pay for a month at a time. If you don't use the month, you forfeit, unless you cancel before the fifteenth. Today's the twentieth."

"I know but, if you could just make an exception. I…I lost my job today and…" She bit her lip in a futile effort to hold back tears. Heat scored her cheeks. "Please. We really need the money." She hoped the 'we' would tug at the woman's heart.

Mrs. Colucci sighed. "Fine. Wait here. I'll have to write a check." She walked into the next room, grumbling, "You young people today have no sense of responsibility."
<st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pChelsea</ST1:p</st1:City> returned, hugging her stuffed sock monkey tightly. She looked up at Lily. "Mommy? Are you crying?"

Wiping her eyes, Lily forced a smile. "No, honey. I'm fine. My eyes itch, that's all."

Mrs. Colucci thrust the check at Lily. "Here, I figured it per day."

She accepted the check and, without looking at it, shoved it into her pocket. Her face burned with shame.

"Thank you. I really am sorry. <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pChelsea</ST1:p</st1:City>, say goodbye to Mrs. Colucci."

The little girl turned and wrapped her arms around the older woman. "G'bye. See you tomorrow."

The woman's face softened when she hugged the child. "Goodbye, honey. You be a good girl." She glared stone-faced at Lily. "You take good care of her."

Lily nodded and grasped <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pChelsea</ST1:p</st1:City>'s hand as they walked to the car. "Guess what? Mommy's going to stay home with you for a little while."
"But what about your job?"

"I'm going to look for a different job. But in the meantime, you and I are going to plant a garden in the back yard. What do you think of that?" She'd already planned the garden, figuring how much having home-grown vegetables and fruit, like strawberries, could save on the food budget.

"Can we plant watermelons?"

Lily laughed. "We'll see." <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pChelsea</ST1:p</st1:City> always thought big.

Linda Rettstatt

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 12:28 PM
A hot chocolate bath is always a good wake-up call.

Well, if it hadn't been at work it probably would have been better, Linda. :dizzy:

Miriam Newman
August 18th, 2012, 12:29 PM
FWIW, when I had a chat here I didn't realize the moderators were three hours behind us (I'm in PA, they're in CA), so I didn't get answers either until they got up. Can't blame them. It was like 5 a.m. their time.

Miriam Newman
August 18th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I'm still not sure how to use it, to be honest, so I'm responding to Jackie's reply here--waving. I know you guys have some good books out, so go to it, ladies! :)

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 12:31 PM
FWIW, when I had a chat here I didn't realize the moderators were three hours behind us (I'm in PA, they're in CA), so I didn't get answers either until they got up. Can't blame them. It was like 5 a.m. their time.

That explains a lot! thanks, Miriam.

tvsweeney
August 18th, 2012, 12:31 PM
It's Saturday, for crying out loud...where is everybody? Sleeping in? It's nearly noon here.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I'm still not sure how to use it, to be honest, so I'm responding to Jackie's reply here--waving. I know you guys have some good books out, so go to it, ladies! :)

at the bottom of each post there are buttons "reply" "Reply with quote" (which is how I'm doing it) and "Multi" ... no idea what the multi part is lol
Hi Miriam! :toot:

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Step into a world of magic and passions....
Take a dash of spice, heat it
Add a flash of magic and watch the sparks fly
Toss in a killer that's targeting women
Add a handful of witches from all paths to stir it all together...

FROM BELTANE MAGIC
Book I the Magic Seasons
Each were willing to spend their lives alone and safe; until they’re touched by Beltane Magic.
Can they survive their pasts to be together as they struggle to find a killer before the wheel turns again?
Extended Blurb:
Leena is a woman that is gentle in everything, her personality and moods. She always feels maternal with her closest friends and would go out of their way to look after any one of them. Her ability of controlling the elements and knowledge of plants make her magic abilities strong and unbreakable. She is a leader at work and in life, always working hard to keep those around her close, but never allowing anyone to get too close.
To the outside world she is just Leena Duncan, a quiet woman who works a normal job and lived a quiet life.
A few times a year she can openly use her magical gifts at celebrations within a small community of people she calls friends.
Having lived through the horrors that can come from the hands of someone you thought loved you; she decided never loving again would prevent more emotional scarring.
It takes one man at a rainy Beltane celebration to change everything she is comfortable with and one killer to change her safe world.
Owen is a man that reflects humour and cavalier vibrations to others, he is gentle and caring as is his ability to draw negative and heal others. If you didn’t know him, you would never realize he came from violence. Knowing how the real world can be, he has vowed to never put himself into the position, or allow anyone else that could open up the world he has carefully sealed shut forever.
He creates worlds and puts them on paper to entertain others. After years of using his imagination he finds out his friends can do things he thought only his mind created.
For his entire adult life Owen Grey has always played it safe and kept to his own world of writing, never getting too close to anyone.
Having lived a nightmare growing up he would never take the chance of repeating history. He may write about happily-ever-after, but knows it is pure fantasy and doesn’t exist.
Until her ...

Available at CLASS ACT BOOKS (http://www.classactbooks.com/processxml.asp?tid=FROMBELTANEMAGIC&StyleSheet=title.xsl)
AMAZON (http://www.amazon.com/Beltane-Magic-Seasons-ebook/dp/B006XNI92O/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_1)

THE SOLSTICE HEAT
Book II the Magic Seasons
Passion and magic that burns
Kasey is a woman that exudes energy and brightness; she is as equally passionate when angry as she is when she’s happy. The energy she carries from life comes through in all her magical workings with spells and stones, giving them great magical strength. She is a dreamer and often wishes she could re-write her own story so that she was charming and sophisticated enough to be with a certain wealthy male lawyer she wants more than anything else.
Chris is a force of strength and experience that is carefully hidden behind the easy mannerism he has adapted so carefully. There is nothing he cannot do where magic is concerned and he has tried all manner of things, whether right or wrong. His fortune has left him wanting for nothing else in life, except the one thing money can’t buy him, the woman he feels too unclean to approach.
Separated by two different life styles yet their passion and magic ignite sparks hotter than the Solstice heat.
Can they work out a way to be together as they try to stop a killer from striking again?
Available at
CLASS ACT BOOKS (http://www.classactbooks.com/processxml.asp?tid=SOLSTICEHEAT&StyleSheet=title.xsl)
AMAZON (http://www.amazon.com/Solstice-Magic-Seasons-Series-ebook/dp/B007L50HDC/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_t_1)

HARVEST DREAMS
Book III in the Magic Seasons
Rachel is a woman that lives carefree with a buoyant recklessness. She loves being a flirt and has spent many years indulging that side of her personality. Her energy draws others; her character is to protect all those that cannot protect themselves. When she’s not riding on life, she is helping children less fortunate then herself.
Steven is man that gives more than his energy usually allows. He is a highly respected pediatrician that always goes that extra step to ensure all in his care are receiving his utmost attention. He often sacrifices sleep to spend time with his friends, and he can’t seem to help affably chasing the skirt of the one woman that breaks his easy going charm and makes him forget he’s supposed to be the jovial. He hides his strength in body and magic, never letting others know that he is more than the carefree man with everything he needs.
Armed with magic and a plan for the Lammas festival as a group they are determined to stop the killer from harming anyone again. With a plan of his own, Steven decides he’s done waiting for Rachel to see that they’re meant to be together and takes things into his own hands.
Available at:
CLASS ACT BOOKS (http://www.classactbooks.com/processxml.asp?tid=HARVESTDREAMS&StyleSheet=title.xsl)
AMAZON (http://www.amazon.com/Jacqueline-Paige/e/B003LDHJAW/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1)
Autumn Dance
Book IV in the Magic Seasons
Coming September 2012
At the autumn gathering twelve angry and determined witches use their power to draw out the killer before anyone else can become a victim.

With his magic ability Dade has control like no other— if he had that in his everyday life he could have the one thing he wants.

Enter the Magic Seasons contest – 5 draws – 5 chances to win between April 30th &December 21st! Enter as often as you like. http://jacqpaige.blogspot.ca/2012/05/blessed-beltane.html

Jacqueline Paige
Step into a world of magic and passions. . .
All Things Paranormal
http://jacqpaige.webs.com/
http://jacqpaige.blogspot.com/

MeganHussey
August 18th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Loved the second one, Megan. Are there more on the way?? Cheerleader

Thank you so much Jacqueline, I love your work as well.:) And yes; do you remember Devon from the strip club and Paula, his favorite customer? I'll be telling their story in Man of the Seas; hope you enjoy!:)

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Thank you so much Jacqueline, I love your work as well.:) And yes; do you remember Devon from the strip club and Paula, his favorite customer? I'll be telling their story in Man of the Seas; hope you enjoy!:)

:omg_2: I can't wait!

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 12:50 PM
It's Saturday, for crying out loud...where is everybody? Sleeping in? It's nearly noon here.

Sleeping in? What is this and where do I get some? :sleeping:

I need some blurbs, Toni. I've read three of your books so far. I'm on a mission to read all my fellow authors at CAB, but I have to budget out my 'free' time. Take your pick or post 'em one at a time.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 12:59 PM
I'll work on posting some excerpts in a bit, but here's the gist of the Hidden Senses Trilogy

What price will they pay for the abilities they don’t want?

Mystic Perceptions

Does she risk everything again?

Blurb:
Jacinda Brown keeps to her safe existence doing investigative research, avoiding people and places with people. To most, it appears she has a normal life; blending completely undetected in her lonely continuation.

She doesn’t investigate people; she can’t get that close. Through her hand she can feel emotions, thoughts. With a touch she can see what has been.

Unfortunately fate tosses her into a situation where her carefully guarded secret and her own conscience are at war when she finds herself working with detectives to find a killer. Jacinda clashes with the very strongly grounded detective, Reid Merritt, destiny has forced her to work with.

At some point he begins to matter, making her decision harder. Will he look at her with abhorrence, like she’s some sort of freak when she’s through?

What will be the price, this time, for the ability she doesn’t want?

Dream Visions

Blurb:
Felicity has spent her life alone, moving from one place to another hiding a part of her no one has ever been able to accept, not even her own family.

For as long as she can remember she’s had dreams that lead her to a person that’s somehow connected with her. There are no answers or cures only misery for her when she can’t get anyone to believe her.
When a child reaches out to her, frightened and in the hands of strangers she forgets the reasons why she shouldn’t tell anyone and goes to the police. She finds herself sent for a court ordered psychiatric evaluation.

It’s not the first time, it won’t be the last. She packs up once again, ready to move as soon as she’s done with another so called doctor. From the moment she steps into the office everything changes and she finds nothing she expected.

Can the child be found before it’s too late or is she facing heartache again?

Jacqueline Paige
All Things Paranormal

MeganHussey
August 18th, 2012, 01:00 PM
:omg_2: I can't wait!

Thanks! And I can't wait for Autumn Dance, I'm sure it will be as beautiful as the others; it's at the top of my TBR list!

tvsweeney
August 18th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Tried to post an excerpt from Jericho Road but got informed I wasn't registered and was booted out. I'm back but it still won't let me post the excerpt unless I want to transcribe the whole thing here. Sorry.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 01:09 PM
The eight stood in a circle around the small fire pit. Outside the shelter, the rain poured so hard it was like a steady, deafening sound. Cora stepped closer to the fire and stared into it. She glanced up and nodded to Leena. Taking Dade’s hand, she whispered, “Let’s hope some ancestors are available tonight.”

Dade lifted her hand and kissed it before he let go. “I’ll make sure they are.” He picked up the shaker sitting in front of him and gently began to shake it from side to side. His lips moved in a silent chant, and he closed his eyes.

Owen watched as Leena and Steven both turned their backs to the circle and faced the pouring rain. Raising their hands, they lowered their heads in concentration. If he hadn’t seen it with his own eyes, he’d never have believed someone telling him.

As their heads came up, the wind seemed to continuously circle the shelter and block out the pouring rain. He could no longer see or hear the heavy downpour.

Not knowing what to expect next, he looked back at the others. Chris, Kasey, and Rachel were standing with their hands clasped and staring into the fire as the flames rose higher. The flames were almost white now, and he blinked to make sure it wasn’t just his eyes.

Dade’s motion with the rattle became faster and louder as he moved to stand beside Cora. Her head was thrown back and her eyes closed, and she seemed to be shaking with the rhythm of the rattle. Her eyes flew open, and she stopped shaking to look into the fire. He could see the sweat beading down her face, and her hands trembled. The look on her face told him she was afraid, but she said nothing. She reached empty hands toward the fire, and the flames flew higher. Not knowing what else to do, Owen went to stand behind her in case he was needed at some point.

She stepped back and cried out in fear. He caught up her shoulders and held her tight as Dade instructed him to do. Glancing over her shoulder and into the fire he saw, he wasn’t sure what, images but they blurred together and he couldn’t understand them.

Cora cried out again and sagged back against him. He caught her tight against his waist and held her to his chest. His own chest began to burn. He didn’t know what was going on, but he felt compelled to stop it. “Stop now!” He said roughly.

CLASS ACT BOOKS (http://www.classactbooks.com/covers.asp?Category=Author&txtSearch=Jacqueline%20Paige)

AMAZON (http://www.amazon.com/Jacqueline-Paige/e/B003LDHJAW/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_3)

COFFEE TIME ROMANCE (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/BookStore/pubs_product_book_info/class-act-books-c-69/from-beltane-magic-p-6696)

Jacqueline Paige
All Things Paranormal

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Anyone who is a reader and not a Class Act Books author? Justing taking a poll.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Tried to post an excerpt from Jericho Road but got informed I wasn't registered and was booted out. I'm back but it still won't let me post the excerpt unless I want to transcribe the whole thing here. Sorry.

Try clicking "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the reply window, Toni. I've just randomly been clicking things to figure it out myself.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Anyone who is a reader and not a Class Act Books author? Justing taking a poll.

I'm popping out to do some tweeting, Linda, to see if we can round up some more readers. :walking1:

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I'm popping out to do some tweeting, Linda, to see if we can round up some more readers. :walking1:

Go get 'em, Jacq.

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 01:18 PM
If there's anyone here who is in the Memphis, TN area, I'll be having a booksigning at The Woman's Exchange on Racine Street in Memphis on Thursday, September 20 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. They serve a great lunch, too, so please stop by to grab a book and (I'm told) beef tenderloin.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 01:25 PM
I just popped around to my fb page and I now have 101 likes! Another place it took me randomly trying things to figure out. I've very excited! :taz:

Speaking of likes Class Act has a fb page that none of us have really had a lot of time to promote, so here's the link http://www.facebook.com/pages/Class-Act-Books/

and hopefully I got the right link! hehe

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Toni, if you use Go Advanced, you should be able to paste in your except. You may have to fix the pacing a bit, but it should work. I did mine that way, but then had to go back and edit to get the spacing right.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 01:28 PM
If there's anyone here who is in the Memphis, TN area, I'll be having a booksigning at The Woman's Exchange on Racine Street in Memphis on Thursday, September 20 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. They serve a great lunch, too, so please stop by to grab a book and (I'm told) beef tenderloin.

Awesome!
Unfortunately I live 17 hours away on the other side of the invisible line or I'd be there, Linda!! Cheerleader

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Awesome!
Unfortunately I live 17 hours away on the other side of the invisible line or I'd be there, Linda!! Cheerleader

If you leave now, you'll get here by then.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 01:34 PM
If you leave now, you'll get here by then.

I've been going since 4am ... if I leave now I'll be some horrific traffic tragedy you hear about on the news later on. :scooter:

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I've been going since 4am ... if I leave now I'll be some horrific traffic tragedy you hear about on the news later on. :scooter:

Then stay put. We have enough highway mayhem down here.

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I'll be giving away a pdf download of Renting to Own later today. For your chance to win, just reply with a comment to either the blurb or excerpt posted here. I'll put names in a hat (well, in a salad bowl) and choose a winner later today.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I'll be giving away a pdf download of Renting to Own later today. For your chance to win, just reply with a comment to either the blurb or excerpt posted here. I'll put names in a hat (well, in a salad bowl) and choose a winner later today.

DrinkingCoffeeahhhoff to tweet that...

MeganHussey
August 18th, 2012, 01:50 PM
I've really been enjoying all the blurbs and exercpts; here is a little something from Naked Siren: Port Emerald After Dark!

Sure Jovan is a gorgeous, sensual male stripper; but like other dancers at the Siren Lounge-the hot new night spot that's rocking and teasing the female residents of Port Emerald, Fla.--he doesn't reveal everything. Indeed, these stripping sirens have secret 'day jobs' as mermen who swim and guard the waters of Port Emerald.
Lucia Wakefield is an erotica author who also owns a Port Emerald bed and breakfast; but after being burned twice in the romance department, she is more than ready to confine her desires to the pages of her steamy books. This changes when she meets Jovan, a gorgeous exotic dancer who seems to have a real love for water and the beach. She has no idea that this love runs almost as deeply as their newfound passion….
Jovan seduces Lucia through both long walks on the beach and sensual strip teases; yet even as he reveals his body and heart to her, he can't quite bring himself to reveal his fin. And as an unseen presence threatens the mermen of Port Emerald, he fears the imminent and disastrous colliding of his two worlds; and the destroyal of his new love.

Excerpt:

This day, she realized, another ethereal creature shared this stretch of beach. This one towered in height above all the rest; his long silken ebony hair proved a starling counterpoint to his golden surroundings, while his bronzed muscles merged perfectly with this ethereal environment.
From a distance she admired his planed back and long, trim legs, as well as the tight, taut derriere that bore his only article of clothing; a tight, sexy sea blue Speedo.
All tensions escaped Lucia's mind as she savored his masculine beauty, her enraptured gaze taking in every delicious inch of him.
And just when she was getting used to the vision of his marvelous backside, he had to go and turn around. Blast him.
Indeed, Lucia was unprepared for the glowing spectacle of the stranger's face; a study in sleek angular cheekbones and full, moist lips. Yet it was his eyes that impressed her the most. Really it was.
"Biggest blue eyes I ever did see." She giggled in spite of herself.
His broad, white-toothed smile also impressed her, especially as it now shone in her direction.
"Oh, criminy. He caught me ogling." Suddenly Lucia wished that her prized garden would open up and swallow her whole. Nonetheless she returned his smile and basked for a moment in his ethereal vision.
As their gazes caught, their surroundings dissolved and Lucia lost herself in his unbelievable beauty. Her heart raced and her senses stirred as she basked in his silken hair, his perfect body--and those amazing eyes. Her fantasies ignited as she imagined herself in his arms, his muscled form pressed up against her as he seized her lips in a passionate kiss.
"Yeah, sure. So likely." Tearing her gaze away from his, she focused instead on her own body; one that, in her estimation, did not equal his in terms of sheer physical perfection.
Full hips. Small breasts. Skin so fair she typically wore a hat atop her short blonde crop. These were not the traits that stirred the lusts of ardent beach boys.
Why, then, did this man stare at her like she was the only woman in the world? Why did his smile promise wicked delights and sinful pleasures she hadn't experienced in many years?
"Oh, who am I kidding?" She snorted. "I've never had anything this hot."
All too soon their moment passed. The loud, intrusive ringing of Lucia's front doorbell shattered her reverie, causing her to turn and stare through the classic French doors that lead to her living area.
She wanted to tell her visitor to vamoose, in the quickest, most efficient manner humanly possible.
Somehow, though, she didn't feel that this would be in keeping with the standard professional guidelines for gracious behavior dictated by the hospitality industry; especially since the visitor in question was a very good friend.
A reporter at the Port Emerald Post, Abigail Copeland had heralded the opening of Lucia's Luxury with a full-fledged business profile in their hometown newspaper. Aside from bringing her a lot of business, the story had borne an easy camaraderie between the two women.
"And, today of all days, I could use a good friend." With a heavy sigh she turned for the house, casting one last glance over her shoulder to bid her stranger goodbye--only to find that he was already gone.
"Ah, so the dude was a mirage." She shook her head. "Natch. Just my luck."
She froze moments later, as a long, sturdy fin arose in the waters of Port Emerald Bay. Graceful and contoured, the tail seemed one with the waves. Yet all too soon, it too was gone; immersed in a landscape of sun and sea.
"What was that?" Lucia trembled as she turned away.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Chris came out of his library to see the three men sitting in his living room. He paused and looked around. “Did I forget about a meeting?” Where were the women? “Where is everyone else?”
Dade leaned forward and rested his elbows on his legs. “We were instructed they were coming here after work and they have been locked in your little magic broom closet for the last hour.”
Chris raised his eyebrows. “Doing?”
Owen lifted his hands. “Won’t say.”
Steven slumped down, wishing for a nap. “They’re not too pleased being driven to and from work.”
“I see.” Chris turned and started down the hall. “Let’s see what they’re up to.”
The men got up and followed him.
He tried the doorknob to find it locked. “Kase, unlock the door.”
“Soon.” She called to him through the door.
He stood there glaring at the door. They’d locked him out of his own room in his own home! We’ll see about this. He stepped back and slapped and invisible command at the door.
Sparks flew off it and the door remained closed. “What the…”
Dade grinned. “Quite the little witch you have there Larkin.”
Steven whistled out a breath. “Just how much trouble can they get into with all your stuff in there?”
Chris still scowled at the door while he answered. “A lot!” He tapped the door with his hand. “Kassandra unlock the door.”
A gentle breeze blew over all four of them.
“That would be a polite no.” Dade said quietly.
“Like hell, I’ll be locked out of my own temple room.” Chris hissed. Stepping back he stared at the door, the handle shook. When he thought it was going to open it started to pour rain on the four of them. He waved a hand to stop it and looked at the men beside him. Dade’s long hair was soaked and the expression on his face was similar to how he himself was feeling about the whole thing.
“And that would be a mind your own business.” Owen said sticking his hands in his pockets.
Chris looked at Steven. “You have any ideas?”
Steven shook his head trying to get the water to stop dripping in his face then took a step away from the door. “Oh no. I’m plenty happy enough to wait until it opens on it’s own. You might like lighting striking you but I’m not too open to trying that.”
Chris shook his head. “Are you all afraid of them?”
Dade nodded. “I’ve seen what each one can do alone – especially your little innocent there my friend; the four of them together scare the hell out of me.”
Chris sighed and looked back at the door. “Kasey?”
“Yes Christopher?” Her voice came through the door again.
“You’re making me angry and I don’t want to do something I’ve promised you I wouldn’t.”
A wind breeze ruffled his hair. “I know you won’t Chris. Now go away I’m trying to concentrate here.”
His jaw dropped. Sighing he looked at the others. “Beer?” They nodded and followed him down the hallway.
“Seems you’re a bit afraid of their wrath too councilor.” Dade mumbled behind him.
“Shut up.” Chris growled and walked into the kitchen.

CLASS ACT BOOKS (http://www.classactbooks.com/processxml.asp?tid=SOLSTICEHEAT&StyleSheet=title.xsl)

AMAZON (http://www.amazon.com/Jacqueline-Paige/e/B003LDHJAW/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_3)

COFFEE TIME ROMANCE (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/BookStore/pubs_product_book_info/class-act-books-c-69/the-solstice-heat-p-8433)

Jacqueline Paige
All Things Paranormal

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I've really been enjoying all the blurbs and exercpts; here is a little something from Naked Siren: Port Emerald After Dark!

Sure .

Links for this?

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I have to check out for a bit due to an afternoon commitment. But I'll be back in couple of hours and catch up. Then I'll announce the winner of a pdf of Renting to Own.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I have to check out for a bit due to an afternoon commitment. But I'll be back in couple of hours and catch up. Then I'll announce the winner of a pdf of Renting to Own.

:M_Mbrown:bring back chocolate!

MeganHussey
August 18th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Links for this?

I forgot, thanks! Here's the link to the book page on Class Act: http://www.classactbooks.com/processxml.asp?tid=NAKEDSIREN&StyleSheet=content.xsl
And the book's Amazon page:http://www.amazon.com/Naked-Siren-Emerald-After-ebook/dp/B006XZ9XW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345312875&sr=8-1&keywords=naked+siren

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Toni, if you use Go Advanced, you should be able to paste in your except. You may have to fix the pacing a bit, but it should work. I did mine that way, but then had to go back and edit to get the spacing right.

Were you able to get in, Toni?

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Where did you come up with the idea for the Siren series?

tvsweeney
August 18th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I haven't seen any replies since Jacqueline's excerpt. Anyone new here?

tvsweeney
August 18th, 2012, 02:33 PM
<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-alt:"Palatino Linotype"; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Times-Roman; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-alt:Times; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:auto; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p.MsoBodyTextIndent3, li.MsoBodyTextIndent3, div.MsoBodyTextIndent3 {mso-style-link:"Body Text Indent 3 Char"; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-indent:.3in; mso-pagination:none; mso-layout-grid-align:none; text-autospace:none; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Times-Roman; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:Times-Roman;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-noshow:yes; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-noshow:yes; color:purple; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} span.BodyTextIndent3Char {mso-style-name:"Body Text Indent 3 Char"; mso-style-locked:yes; mso-style-link:"Body Text Indent 3"; font-family:Times-Roman; mso-ascii-font-family:Times-Roman; mso-hansi-font-family:Times-Roman; mso-bidi-font-family:Times-Roman;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>
There were two framed photographs on the tabletop and she picked up one. “Who’s this?”
It showed a dark man with an impassive, lined face framed by a pair of long braids. He was dressed in a tightly buttoned suit with a high, starched collar, and looked very stern and uncomfortable.
Logan took the picture from her, studying it a moment before replacing it beside the other. “John Red Hawk. My grandfather. First one in his family to attend any kind of institute of higher education, an art school. He’s an original American Success Story. And these…” He nodded at the other photograph, which showed a tall, smiling man, his long unbound hair blown by the wind against the throat of the brilliantly blond woman whose arms were around his waist. “Are my parents, Richard and Carleen. Dad was the one who ran the name together and made it one word.”
He picked up the photograph, looking at it with affection. “He was a friend of Uncle Sam’s, one of his students, in fact. When Mom came to New York to go to school, Uncle Sam wrote Dad and asked him to look her up. Guess he kind of played long-distance Cupid. Dad’s an artist, too.” He returned the picture to the sideboard. “Landscapes, mostly.” He gestured at the painting over the cabinet. “He did that.” In the lower right-hand corner in large precise lettering was the name Redhawk and directly under it the stylized figure of a bird in flight. “They live in an artist’s colony in northwestern New York. Place called Nissekequoqua Village.”
Lindsey studied the two faces in the photograph. Slowly, she touched one finger to his father’s sweep of dark hair. “You look like him,” she decided. “Except for the hair, of course.”
Logan smiled. He didn’t tell her that until he’d entered medical school, he’d worn his hair in two waist-length braids. His first-year roommate had been the most totally conservative, uptight, anal-retentive white man in captivity, and the long hair had been a bone of contention between them. One morning, he’d awakened to find his hair swinging about his ears and the controversial braids burning in the bathroom sink. His roomie thought he was actually going to be scalped before their suite-mates got Logan under control. He’d worn his hair short ever since, a concession to the white man’s world of acceptance.
“I’ve got a sister who’s a teacher in Auburn, New York, and a brother who lives across the border in Canada. He’s a guide.” Both were married to fellow Mohawks, neither feeling any need to try to enter the other world, nor understanding their younger brother’s striving for a balance of both.
“How’d your mother feel about you coming down here?”
“Typically mother-like. Worried, of course. Wrote Uncle Sam and asked him to look out for me. As if he’d be any help, living sixty miles away in Brunswick.”
“And your father?”
“Dad sees it as a rite of passage. A test of manhood. If I can survive here, I can make it anywhere.”
Lindsey looked up at him. “Is it true your mother’s folks don’t speak to her just because she married an Indian?”
“Of course not, and it’s Native American,” he corrected. “Not Indian.”
“What’s the difference?” She frowned and he thought it the most endearing little expression he’d ever seen.
“A lot. Indians are from India. The people of the Six Nations aren’t.”
“The Six Nations. Is that what they call themselves?”
“That’s what we call ourselves. We’re the Kanienhehaka.” He expected her to make some other comment, about his siding himself with just one people when he was part of both, but she didn’t.
Instead, she shrugged and looked at the photo again and said, “Well, I think it’d be a stupid way to act. Why, I’d be proud if someone in my family married an Ind--a Native American. Or if I were mar…” She stopped and looked up at him and blushed slightly, “I mean…” and stopped again.
Neither of them said anything, just stood there, looking at each other.
Logan was standing too close to her, and knew he ought to move away. He could see the quick rise and fall of the tiny breasts, realized one hand was even with her hip. He looked down at her, thinking how utterly small and innocent she looked. And white.
“Well?” Lindsey said softly. “Aren’t you going to kiss me?” Logan didn’t move. “You’ve been wanting to do it for about three hours now, haven’t you?”
Logan shook his head. “Four.”
He put his arms around her, pulling her slight body against his, almost lifting her off the floor. He felt her rise onto tiptoe and waver toward him before she regained her balance and then the slender arms were around his neck and she was pressing against him, mouth touching his in a very childish, very chaste closed-lip kiss.
He pulled away long enough to mutter, “Lindsey, maybe we’d better…” and she touched his cheek and whispered, “Shh,” and he kissed her again, thrusting his tongue against her lips, feeling them part and welcome his invasion eagerly. One hand moved to touch one tiny breast, feeling the nipple quiver into tautness against his fingers. She made a little protesting sound and raised her hand to push against his wrist but as it met resistance let it drop again. Logan’s fingers encircled the soft little mound.
He couldn’t know what she was thinking, that abruptly Lindsey realized that here was a man and not one of those silly awkward boys who were all gropings and heavy breathing. Here was someone who knew exactly what he was doing and what he wanted and frighteningly, he wanted her. She knew she ought to stop him. She could stop him with one word, but his hands felt so good touching her, making hot little shivers generate inside her in places she’d never felt them before.
Just a little longer. I’ll let him touch me just a little longer and then I’ll tell him to stop. But she never said the words, not even when Logan picked her up and without taking his mouth from hers, carried her into the bedroom.

tvsweeney
August 18th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Got it posted, but not getting any messages or anything showing that others are here.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Got it posted, but not getting any messages or anything showing that others are here.

I'm having a lag right now too, it was flying along now it's taking forever to get the messages. Maybe it's the time of day. Charlene was on twitter not long ago tweeting the link for here so hopefully she'll get in without problem.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I've never been in this forum before, so I don't know what's what just yet, have patience while I muck around. smilies/blush2.gif

http://youtu.be/uyJFR7rwTxg

MeganHussey
August 18th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Where did you come up with the idea for the Siren series?

Thanks for asking Jacqueline! As a long time Florida resident I loved the mermaid legend, but I always wondered why we didn't see stories about mermen; I thought it was time that the ladies had their own sexy sirens, so I started to write siren stories. They are all set in a mythical Florida town, and they all pair up hot male sirens with everyday women.:)

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Thanks for asking Jacqueline! As a long time Florida resident I loved the mermaid legend, but I always wondered why we didn't see stories about mermen; I thought it was time that the ladies had their own sexy sirens, so I started to write siren stories. They are all set in a mythical Florida town, and they all pair up hot male sirens with everyday women.:)

I think I need to move to a mythical Florida town :drooling[1]: But that is so true, there is pretty much every other mythical creature out there with stories of their own. It's a wonderful to read a book with new ideas.

MeganHussey
August 18th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I think I need to move to a mythical Florida town :drooling[1]: But that is so true, there is pretty much every other mythical creature out there with stories of their own. It's a wonderful to read a book with new ideas.

LOL; thanks, I agree. Also, you'll get a kick out of this; I was thinking of doing a promo bookmark that has one of my sirens on it along with the phrase, "Come on in Ladies, the water is fiiiine! Brought to you by the Port Emerald Chamber of Commerce.":)

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 03:45 PM
LOL; thanks, I agree. Also, you'll get a kick out of this; I was thinking of doing a promo bookmark that has one of my sirens on it along with the phrase, "Come on in Ladies, the water is fiiiine! Brought to you by the Port Emerald Chamber of Commerce.":)

Absolutely! And you must mail me one when you have them. :)

MeganHussey
August 18th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Absolutely! And you must mail me one when you have them. :)
Done!:) I'll let you know when it's ready!

Charlene Wilson
August 18th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Hi everyone! Just got back from the chapter meeting. Sorry I'm late.

I'm Charlene Wilson and I write paranormal romance for Class Act Books. Cornerstone Deep and Cornerstone Deep Echoes are the first two books in the Chronicles of Shilo Manor (http://shilomanor.com) series.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I'm going to be missing for a short time. Apparently my tills are having some sort of glitch at work and not sending the food orders to the kitchen printer. eek! (last time this occurred it was because someone unplugged the input cable... :nono:) I shouldn't be gone more than a half hour hopefully.

I know some more authors are on route and I keep getting hits for the reader likes ... so if you're out there lurking, jump in!

When I get back I'll get more of the Class Act Books trailers up.

Be back in a flash!

tvsweeney
August 18th, 2012, 04:18 PM
I haven't read the second book in the series, but I really enjoyed the first one, Charlene.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 04:20 PM

I'm Charlene Wilson and I write paranormal romance for Class Act Books. Cornerstone Deep and Cornerstone Deep Echoes are the first two books in the Chronicles of Shilo Manor (http://shilomanor.com) series.

Glad you made it! Go ahead and post some excerpts and trailers. I'll play catch up when I get back.
smilies/dancingspots

Charlene Wilson
August 18th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I haven't read the second book in the series, but I really enjoyed the first one, Charlene.

Thanks, Toni. I'm so glad. Poor Cole isn't done dealing with his mistake though. Book two really puts him through the wringer.

Charlene Wilson
August 18th, 2012, 04:37 PM

Chronicles of Shilo Manor

It's their nature - long lives and rebirth. They're from another dimension, one gifted with advance abilities, but they serve in Cornerstone Deep. They're the Wizards of Shilo Manor.

"We are of another plane. Only by ancient covenant do few know our true natures. We walk this world among you, beside you, loving you."

Cornerstone Deep

They outlive the mortals of this realm by thousands of years, and when it comes to love the cruel fact is reinforced. Reincarnation doesn't exist on this plane. They lose their wives to death with no hope of reuniting. Yet they continue to accept others for whatever time they have together. Save for Cole. His love for his last wife still burns in his soul four centuries after her death.

When the service they render to the noblemen of Cornerstone Deep brings him face to face with Anna, something unexpected happens. In a realm of silent souls, hers calls to him. He responds with a kiss—one that joined with the spell of servitude she inhaled, binds her soul.

Breaking ancient covenants, angering the lords, and bringing the gods' wrath upon him, Cole tries desperately to undo his wrong and free his love—despite the determination of the nobleman to keep her.

~ * ~

“My life is a mirage of endless time. But you in this moment engulf me, rivet my mind, encompass my soul.”

Charlene Wilson
August 18th, 2012, 04:42 PM

Cornerstone Deep Echoes
book two
Chronicles of Shilo Manor (http://shilomanor.com)

Mianna’s return heals Cole’s soul and he promises to follow her for the rest of his existence. But the past isn’t what he believes. The fight for her has only begun.

Lord Dressen’s obsession grows as unexpected knowledge is revealed. His search for Mianna has spanned six life times and he won’t give up now. The courts stand behind him. Power pulses through his veins. Determination peaks and not even Cole Shilo can stop him. He will win his prize.

Struggling to stay ahead, Cole’s anger explodes. Nothing is sacred when it comes to keeping his love—not even covenants made with gods. But, through all his efforts, lofty or damned, the truth remains. Will echoes of another life cause him to fail?

~ * ~

“Every breath you take is a song to my soul.”

Class Act Books: http://bit.ly/cabWilson

MeganHussey
August 18th, 2012, 04:58 PM

Welcome Charlene!:) Good to see you again.

Charlene Wilson
August 18th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Welcome Charlene!:) Good to see you again.

Good to see you too, m'dear. How are those hunky mermen? :virgo: (yeah, they didn't have a hunky guy one)

Charlene Wilson
August 18th, 2012, 05:07 PM
How is Dragon and the Rose doing, Toni?

Charlene Wilson
August 18th, 2012, 05:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2AoBur6iMlE

Charlene Wilson
August 18th, 2012, 05:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nE8ITk9oZ1g

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I'm back. Took longer than I hoped but all is well now.

MeganHussey
August 18th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Good to see you too, m'dear. How are those hunky mermen? :virgo: (yeah, they didn't have a hunky guy one)

Ha, I love that icon! (and actually it does have the fin and the hair of my merhunks!)

tvsweeney
August 18th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Actually, it's the Rose and the Dragon. The Dragon and the Rose was written by someone else. I guess it's going all right. I'm anxious to see Jericho Road online. IT was to be released Aug 15 but haven't seen it yet. I'm busy writing an erotic historical right now.

Charlene Wilson
August 18th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Actually, it's the Rose and the Dragon. The Dragon and the Rose was written by someone else. I guess it's going all right. I'm anxious to see Jericho Road online. IT was to be released Aug 15 but haven't seen it yet. I'm busy writing an erotic historical right now.

Oh, so sorry, Toni. You have a lot of books coming out this year!

Charlene Wilson
August 18th, 2012, 06:17 PM

Fantastic, Linda! I'm about 4 hours away on the other side of Little Rock.

tvsweeney
August 18th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Yes, about three or four more, I think.

tvsweeney
August 18th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Oops! Going to have to run. Nice talking to everyone!

Charlene Wilson
August 18th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Cornerstone Deep Sneak Peek #1

You Make My Mother Melt

A door slammed and a dark head of curls hit his chest.

The young woman stumbled back then pranced on her toes as she caught her balance.

He looked down at her, alarmed. “Forgive me. I should have been watching my steps.”

She shook her head as she caught her breath and smiled up at him with dark brown eyes. “Oh, my fault, really. I’m running late and…” her lips teetered. “Um,” she scanned him from head to foot.

Cole glanced down at his tailored black vest and trousers. No doubt, he was a conspicuous sight given their surroundings. His snowy white sleeves alone declared he didn’t belong among the stained, faded, and scuffed wear that was common there.

He caught her attention with his dark gaze as she lifted from her observation.

Her caramel complexion flushed. “Wow. Even your shoes are polished like glass. You’ve got be Tom.”
“Excuse me?” Few knew this alias. “Have we met?”
“I’m Amy.” She giggled and motioned down the way. “Charlotte’s my mother. She told me all about you. I thought she was exaggerating but,” she bit her lip, and her gaze flew over his lithe form again. “It’s so nice to meet you. I think it’s great Mother’s dating again. Oh, and I think it’s so romantic you have a special way of saying her name.”

Cole furled his brow.

She nodded. “Yeah, she told me all about it. ‘Sh’létte.’ She says it makes her melt.” She squinched her face, and he thought she was going to giggle again. “You make my mother melt.”

~ * ~

Find more about Cornerstone Deep, including free chapters, at ShiloManor.com (http://shilomanor.com/).
Get your own copy of Cornerstone Deep at Class Act Books (http://bit.ly/cabWilson).

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Well, I'm back. Finally. What's new? Looks like y'all have been talking to each other for the last four hours.

Hi, Charlene.

Charlene Wilson
August 18th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Well, I'm back. Finally. What's new? Looks like y'all have been talking to each other for the last four hours.

Hi, Charlene.

Welcome back. You've got it. Lol.

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Welcome back. You've got it. Lol.

and I forgot to bring the chocolate!

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 07:07 PM
and I forgot to bring the chocolate!

:oops:
Normally when I'm talking to myself I'm really talking to myself, so this is an improvement. lol

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 07:12 PM
:oops:
Normally when I'm talking to myself I'm really talking to myself, so this is an improvement. lol

I'm not sure talking to me will be much better. :eat: I'm eating dinner as I speak. Stuffed peppers with rice. Mmm-mmm. (I sure wish I'd remembered the chocolate.)

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure talking to me will be much better. :eat: I'm eating dinner as I speak. Stuffed peppers with rice. Mmm-mmm. (I sure wish I'd remembered the chocolate.)

Dinner, I should think of that soon. I tend to forget to feed me when the kids aren't here to remind me they need sustenance.
I've been working on some edits to keep myself awake while following along with the thread here. The fifth book in the Magic Seasons - Winter Mist is almost ready to send onto editor! :clap:

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Dinner, I should think of that soon. I tend to forget to feed me when the kids aren't here to remind me they need sustenance.
I've been working on some edits to keep myself awake while following along with the thread here. The fifth book in the Magic Seasons - Winter Mist is almost ready to send onto editor! :clap:

Don't you just love sending a new ms off to the editor? I have one I recently finished, and I'm sitting on it for a bit. I have four books coming out between January and June. I need to pace these book releases a bit.

Charlene Wilson
August 18th, 2012, 07:24 PM

Yay! That's great. I'm in revisions with Aumelan...really want that one to get done. *grumbles* Linda forgot the chocolate...

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Yay! That's great. I'm in revisions with Aumelan...really want that one to get done. *grumbles* Linda forgot the chocolate...

I'll share my last Hostess cupcake with you.:notworthy:

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Don't you just love sending a new ms off to the editor? I have one I recently finished, and I'm sitting on it for a bit. I have four books coming out between January and June. I need to pace these book releases a bit.

I agree! And why didn't you tell me this last year? When I agreed to release so many in one year, I didn't stop to think what that would mean. For 2012 I've had a new one come out every other month at Class Act Books and still have two at another publishers coming and one more for Class Act (possibly two but I can't remember right now lol) WriterCoffee It's been a crazy whirlwind of edits, rewrites, promotion and planning. Urgh!

Charlene Wilson
August 18th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I'll share my last Hostess cupcake with you.:notworthy:

Mmm nom-nom-nom. You guys write so fast. All of these new releases coming out. It takes me a long stretch to get a book ready.

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Lily meets Beau:

The sunshine kissed her bare shoulders as she stepped outside and locked the door behind her. She stopped and bought the newest issue of People, then crossed the street to Malone's for lunch. The bar area was jammed with men in business suits.
<O:p></O:p>
Lily spied a corner booth and hurried toward it. She reached the booth at the same moment as a guy in jeans and a denim shirt, sleeves rolled up to reveal muscular, tanned forearms. She stared at him, and he stared back.
"Uh, I think I was here first. Just stopped at the bar to get a glass of water." He held up the glass for her to see.
"But you weren't sitting here yet, so I think I got here first." Lily set her jaw and glared at him.
He grinned. "Are you alone?"
"That's none of your business." Lily inched the magazine onto the tabletop, claiming the space.
He glanced down to where she had laid claim to the table. "I'm not trying to pick you up. I'm alone. I just figured we could share the booth. That's all."
"Oh. Well…" She looked around the crowded restaurant—not an empty table or booth in sight.
"I guess so.
It's only lunch, right?"
"Right. No long-term commitment." He set the glass on his side of the table and waited until Lily was seated before sliding onto the bench across from her. "I'm Walker Beaumont. Everyone calls me Beau." He extended a hand across the table.
"Lily Champion. Everyone calls me Lily." She shook his hand loosely, noticing long, well-manicured fingers. She removed a menu from behind the condiments caddy and
stared at it.
"Lily. Nice name. So, what do you recommend?"
Without looking up, she answered, "I recommend getting here earlier for lunch."

Renting to Own is available at Class Act Books (http://www.classactbooks.com/processxml.asp?tid=RENTINGTOOWN&StyleSheet=title.xsl)and at Amazon.com and B&N.com

Linda Rettstatt

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Mmm nom-nom-nom. You guys write so fast. All of these new releases coming out. It takes me a long stretch to get a book ready.

I didn't write all these this year, I wish I had that much time. I'm also in rewrites for the final story in the Hidden Senses Trilogy. I keep telling myself to write single stories and honestly they start that way and then turn into a series or trilogy. My muse is a hyper-active slave driver I think.

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 07:37 PM
I didn't write all these this year, I wish I had that much time. I'm also in rewrites for the final story in the Hidden Senses Trilogy. I keep telling myself to write single stories and honestly they start that way and then turn into a series or trilogy. My muse is a hyper-active slave driver I think.

My muse has a habit of whispering in my ear, "Hey, listen to this. It's a great idea." And just when I get the summary written and start the darn thing, my muse goes on vacation and leaves me on my own. Apparently she's just here for ideas. I have to write the books. :hissyfit:

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Lily meets Beau:

smilies/band.gif Oh, nice.

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 07:42 PM
smilies/band.gif Oh, nice.

Thanks. It's a shame I couldn't give one away today. :sleeping:

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 07:42 PM
My muse has a habit of whispering in my ear, "Hey, listen to this. It's a great idea." And just when I get the summary written and start the darn thing, my muse goes on vacation and leaves me on my own. Apparently she's just here for ideas. I have to write the books. :hissyfit:

My muse introduces me to characters that only talk to me when I'm almost asleep... I don't manage a cafe because it's my favorite job, I do it cuz I get free coffee. NeedCoffee

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Thanks. It's a shame I couldn't give one away today. :sleeping:

I think the weather, for the most part, was working against us today. Even cloudy, everyone is out and about because it's not pouring or sweltering out. We should plan one when everyone is snowed in and can't go anywhere.

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Ladies, it's been fun chatting with you. But I'm fairly convinced no one else is planning to drop by tonight. I'm going to sign off and get some work done before sleep beckons. We'll have to do this again some time.

linda_rettstatt
August 18th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Thanks for trying to pull this together. It's a shame more authors didn't take advantage of the opportunity. Well, we'd have had more of us talking to each other, I suppose. Yes, the weather and a Saturday may not have made the ideal conditions for a chat.

Charlene Wilson
August 18th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Cornerstone Deep Sneak Peek #2

I Like That I Distract You

Anna sipped at the drink as she turned to her creation. The glass artwork sparkled beneath the studio’s fluorescent lights. As required, not one design that made up the trio was identical. The stained-glass montage blurred into abstraction, and she pressed her thumb and fingers to her temples. “This is impossible.” The cup teetered on a wipe rag as she sat it down and pulled her dark hair back into a ponytail.

“That’s why I chose you for the job.”

She turned with a start to the deep baritone voice. Lord Dressen’s lips curled into a crooked smile.

He tucked a hand under his tailored overcoat and rested it in his pants pocket. A gift box cradled in his other hand as he sauntered to her. “I know your work. And I know you won’t disappoint.”

She let her hair fall back past her shoulders and offered a small smile. She needed a break, but he was not that kind of break.

“I’ll do my best. But if you want me to finish on time, you really should stop dropping by. It only distracts me.”

He furled his heavy brows. “I like that I distract you. Besides,” he opened the box and set a bejeweled bowl on the table. “I brought you a gift, and I wanted to see those blue eyes sparkle when I gave it to you.”

Anna glanced at the shallow treasure. Gems adorned the black lacquered surface and gleamed in the bright lights. At least it’s not another piece of jewelry. As beautiful as they were, there would never be an occasion to wear them among her social class. She could at least use this for a…candy dish?

~ * ~

Find more about Cornerstone Deep, including free chapters, at ShiloManor.com (http://shilomanor.com/).
Get your own copy of Cornerstone Deep at Class Act Books (http://bit.ly/cabWilson).

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks for trying to pull this together. It's a shame more authors didn't take advantage of the opportunity. Well, we'd have had more of us talking to each other, I suppose. Yes, the weather and a Saturday may not have made the ideal conditions for a chat.

It's all good, we'll call it a practice run. At least now we know how to get here and how to work it. I'll see about setting up some more opportunities for us.

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Cornerstone Deep Sneak Peek #2

Intriguing to say the least. Thanks, Charlene!

Charlene Wilson
August 18th, 2012, 07:59 PM
It's all good, we'll call it a practice run. At least now we know how to get here and how to work it. I'll see about setting up some more opportunities for us.

Shall we call it, hun?

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Shall we call it, hun?

Yes 'mam I believe we will. I've been going sixteen hours now and I'm really starting to droop.

If anyone happens along after I've passed out, we're not hard to find http://www.classactbooks.com/covers.asp

Thanks for coming today, ladies, next round I'm amp up the promotion of the date and see if we can't find a person or two along the way.
Jacqueline Paige
All Things Paranormal

Jacqueline Paige
August 18th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks to CTR for having us today.

Have a good night, ladies.

Talk to you soon!

Jacqueline Paige

All Things Paranormal

Charlene Wilson
August 18th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Our first author/reader chat got off to a rocky start. Lol. For those of you who were too shy to hop in and didn't see a chance to enter to win Cornerstone Deep or Cornerstone Deep Echoes (I saw how many lurkers there were out there once we called it closed), I'll have a special giveaway at my blog, Charlene Blogs (http://charleneawilsonblog.blogspot.com), that will run from Aug 20th-23rd. Drop in and enter. Everyone will receive an e-copy of Cornerstones: The First Ten Chapters From Cornerstone Deep just for entering.

Until next time, may your dreams be magical.

MeganHussey
August 18th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I had a blast today; good night everyone!