PDA

View Full Version : A quick drive by hit and run.

sjwilling
September 28th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Grabbing a few minutes between rushing around and having way too much fun. Hey guys, no one told me ccould be fun!

Anyway wanted to recap the exciting events so far.

Started out at 1am in the rocky drive to Ohio from Virginia, arrived at 12:30 pm to be told there were no rooms at the hotel. Aaargh! Thankfully they found us a room at the top, back and just a few yards from Australia I think, but hey, it's a room.

Bought too many books at the collective book signing.

Got caught wearing my funny nose glasses.

Won the big writer's prize raffle prize and extended my reference book selection by almost a dozen books and some really quirky bits and bobs. Fun stuff!

Had a fun reunion with relatives of late wife. Will pop into their place on the way home Sunday to catch up with their kids.

Took some fun pics.

This is one of me wearing my brand new funny glasses, courtesy of Sue Charney,

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esjmsmith44/images/me_glasses.jpg

Notice the big hole in my pants pocket. This is a sign of a vigorously depleted bank account.

S.J. Notes to self... Do not ever attend another booksigning without welding wallet shut first.

And the second one is me and Sue Charney. With my brand new signed copy of her book The Cat Napped Lover.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esjmsmith44/images/me_sue_charnley.jpg

Missing you guys. Looking forward to regaining chat on Monday. (Plan to sleep for 26 hours on returning home Sunday.)

Night for now, have chowed down on major pain pills and am rapidly falling aslee.....

S.J.

CharmedGirl
September 29th, 2007, 12:02 AM
:arghhhh: from Australia. Good one :lol:

Love the funny glasses you're wearing SJ and make sure you keep that wallet shut wouldn't want you spending excess money :nah:

Well it was good to see you here for at least a little while and it's cool that you'll be back on Monday Cheerleader

Dani
September 29th, 2007, 12:18 AM
:roflmao: Those glasses are too funny S.J.!!! Sounds like you're having a great time there. Try to take it easy and don't over do it.

sjwilling
September 29th, 2007, 07:00 PM
LOL well I think I over did it. Am hurting like crazy, but hey I did meet lots of folks and I'm hoping it will help get me known some, even if it doesn't have an immediate effect on sales.

Shame I've been banned from alcohol, a nice Martini or two would really help right now.

:ban:

S.J.

Dani
September 29th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Alcohol and painkillers are a BIG :nono:. You know better too, so don't do it.

CharmedGirl
September 29th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Alcohol and painkillers are a BIG :nono:.

Big no no indeed SJ don't do it :lol:

NessyPerth
September 29th, 2007, 11:48 PM
oh yeah painkillers and alchohol! i know from experience it is BAD!!! :roflmao:

sjwilling
September 30th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Fortunately I can't drink alcohol at the moment anyway. Hurts the pancras too much. But i wait for the day I can imbibe again. :turned:

S.J.