PDA

View Full Version : Valencius Covers His Tracks

sjwilling
September 29th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Unedited Excerpt.

After lunch Julia, thankfully, refused my offer of help to clean up. As a human I think I’d have felt pleasantly full. As a vampire I was feeling decidedly bloated, and uncomfortable. Two major meals after fifty years fast was a decidedly unwelcome sensation. At least I didn’t embarrass anyone by being sick. The trouble was I was hungry. Eating food replaced none of the l’esprit de la vie I needed. And last night’s l’asile de paix had been interrupted by the dream. I was feeling parched.

I walked up to the room, wondering if there was a way to sneak out to the car and retrieve a few of the embalming fluid cans without anyone noticing. Later, before dark but after everyone had dispersed a bit. Just in case I headed for my room, a little l’asile de paix wouldn’t go amiss in the meantime.

“Hey?”

I jumped. Linda pushed open the door I was halfway through closing. I glanced wistfully at the bed. No rest yet I guess. She gave me an apologetic look.

“I thought we could talk more about what we need to do next,” she said. I know you’ll be wanting to do your thing on the internet, but, you know. I just wondered.”

I stifled a groan. I felt tired, yes, but I did need Linda’s help, and she seemed eager. Yet it was dangerous, having her alone in my room woke another sort of hunger; one that I’d never felt before. No, I had felt it once. On the elevator with Sharon—before that kiss…

I felt tremendously guilty. So quick to abandon my feelings for Sharon and transfer them to Linda. No, I still felt the same about Sharon, in fact wanted her more than ever. It’s just, dammit, I felt the same darned way about Linda.

What the hell should I do? Logically I should forget about both of them. At least until this mess was over. But I couldn’t, wouldn’t, I didn’t know what I felt. The whole damn thing was too confusing.

“Val?” Linda queried. “You okay?”

I pulled my thoughts together and ran a hand through my hair. I had to act normal, before all else.

“Just a little tired.” I told her. I looked at her face. The warmth of life bursting from her eyes, dark brown, almost black. She was a true child of the forests. My gaze lingered over her lips. Full. Tempting. Oh, so tempting.

I mustn’t look at her. Reluctantly I tore my gaze away.

“Uhm I’ll just set it up.” I walked quickly to the small table, trying to avoid her gaze, fully aware of how her breathing and heartbeat had quickened in those moments. She followed me to the laptop. The hunger in my body grew as she neared.

“Val?” Linda, concerned, caught my hand.

That touch electrified me, ignited me, burned somewhere deep. Instinct took over as I spun to face Linda, cupped her face with one hand, drew her close with the other.

I kissed, no, ravaged Linda’s lips. The flood of energy burst into me. Assuaging my hunger but fuelling it too, I needed more. I kissed harder, more fiercely, drew harder, absorbed.

I felt Linda struggle at first, weakly. Yet as I pumped more and more of my charmé into her the struggles ceased. She wrapped arms and legs around me, rubbed against me, her body complying to my every touch. Felt her lips, tender voluptuous lips, bruise against mine.

It became dizzying. The heady flow of energy swirling in body and mind like a psychic tornado. It blocked out all knowledge of the room, the world and everything. Everything save for the woman in my arms—and that kiss. I felt her arousal rise, peak. Heard her climax, her cries smothered by my lips. Felt her go limp, and slack in my arms.

My cell phone rang.

It took several of the persistent tones to break into my thoughts enough to distract me. Dizzy, confused, I broke off the kiss. Linda hung pale, and virtually lifeless, in my arms.

S.J.

CharmedGirl
September 29th, 2007, 11:55 PM
At some moments a cell phone ringing is a bad thing :lol:

Poor Linda she needs help big time but this story sounds awesome can't wait to read more :)

sjwilling
September 30th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Thank you :) . It's one of my favorite stories, heading up to nine novels in a series where Val ends up getting into more trouble each time until he, finally, discovers who the mega bad guy is and saves the world. :gun_bandana:

S.J.

Dani
September 30th, 2007, 01:10 AM
OMG!! This was awsome. I want more to read now!! I'm not being very subtle about it am I? :roflmao:

sjwilling
October 2nd, 2007, 03:07 PM
:lol:

Well, honestly, this last year I've just about lost all my beta readers due to minor things like death, divorce, etc. if any of you guys would like to beta for me I'd be honored.

S.J.

Dani
October 2nd, 2007, 07:09 PM
You mean reading the book before it gets published? :biggrin:

sjwilling
October 2nd, 2007, 07:52 PM
Yep, reading it before it gets published. Even better in some ways because you can make comments about mistakes, character behaviour, plot, do you like this bit, don't like that bit and so on.

Doesn't mean I'll always do what you suggest but I take each comment and see if it fits my image of what the book is supposed to be, and make changes as neccessary.

I know I'm not a perfect author and having friends beta my stuff has saved my butt quite a few times E.G. in Poseidon VII the hero's military rank changed three times until a beta friend pointed it out to me :shame:

:unsure:

S.J.

Dani
October 2nd, 2007, 08:04 PM
Wow, that's cool though. I might be able to do that for you. I'm pretty good at finding grammatical errors and things. This could be fun. :biggrin:

sjwilling
October 2nd, 2007, 08:08 PM
If you can do grammatical errors I would love you for life. Grammar is my biggest downfall, something I'm struggling to change but it's a long haul.

:notworthy:

S.J.

Dani
October 2nd, 2007, 08:12 PM
For some reason English was always my best class! Call it ODC on my part too. I always hated to have something not worded or spelled right, so I tried my best even though it seemed to come very naturally to me for some reason.

sjwilling
October 2nd, 2007, 08:19 PM
Well, if you don't mind can I put you on my Beta list?

It'll be a month or two before I finish anything but would appreciate your help kicking it into shape :)

S.J.

Dani
October 2nd, 2007, 08:48 PM
Sure you can! I'll give it a go. :biggrin:

sjwilling
October 2nd, 2007, 08:57 PM
Done, you be added. Thanks lot!

S.J.

Dani
October 2nd, 2007, 09:26 PM
You're welcome and thank you for asking!!