PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see at Coffee Time Romance?

Karenne
October 4th, 2007, 06:21 PM
So...what would you like to see at Coffee Time Romance? What is something that you have seen at other places ..or maybe one place..that you would love to see incorporated here at Coffee Time Romance?

Do you have an idea of something that you think would be awesome?

Or do you just have something you have always wanted to share and would love for us to consider?

Any ideas, suggestions, etc., that you have for me...I am listening (wink)

Liadan
February 18th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I would love to see a forum for charities. There are some awesome ones out there other than Red Cross and others like that.

It would also give people the chance to do good for someone else. It's a positive thing in a world that sometimes forgets there are those less fortunate than we are.

Karenne
February 19th, 2008, 10:45 AM
What do you mean...like charities that authors are participating in so they know?

Liadan
February 19th, 2008, 05:12 PM
It could be a charity authors were participating in but I was thinking more along the lines of something anyone could. (i.e. donating clothing, time or money to different charities.)

hollie
February 20th, 2008, 11:12 AM
not sure how that would work we are all so far apart

Liadan
February 20th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Well as an add on suggestion, we could have it broken down by country.

Kim Smith
November 15th, 2008, 06:14 PM
My book has been catagorized at my publisher's as "mainstream fiction". It has romantic elements but not really a romance. I would like to know if there is a place at CTR for me?

hollie
November 15th, 2008, 06:23 PM
aww Kim of course there is a placeat CTR for you thats why we're Coffee Time Romance and more we love all books :lovepounce:

Kim Smith
November 15th, 2008, 06:51 PM
oh hollie you are dear dear dear :) and I appreciate all of the folks at CTR!

astonwest
November 15th, 2008, 08:24 PM
My book has been catagorized at my publisher's as "mainstream fiction". It has romantic elements but not really a romance. I would like to know if there is a place at CTR for me?
You just have to pull your chair up to the table...everyone makes a little more room. HEROES DIE YOUNG has very little (if any?) romance in between the covers. ;)

Kim Smith
November 15th, 2008, 08:45 PM
*pulling up a ladderback* do tell!

Karenne
November 15th, 2008, 11:53 PM

hey Kim

Yes, we do ALL books. We started off as romance and about 4 years ago added the 'and more' portion because there are just so many books. But by then everyone knew our names so...shrug

Kim Smith
November 16th, 2008, 02:05 PM
I am so glad to hear that, Karenne. It makes me feel even more welcome here, and I felt pretty darn welcome beforehand :)

So... I am here to stay. Love it to death!

hollie
November 16th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Welcome aboard, it gets addicting I've been here a year and i now have a bed in the corner of the basement Laugh it Up fuzball

astonwest
November 16th, 2008, 03:28 PM
*pulling up a ladderback* do tell!

HDY is mostly action, along with some suspense/intrigue.
The only items that could remotely be considered "romantic" would be the building tension between the MC and his female counterpart...and maybe the scene when his best friend's daughter (of suitable adult age, of course) tries to seduce him.

That black banner down in my signature tells a bit more. ;)

hollie
November 16th, 2008, 04:06 PM
HDY is mostly action, along with some suspense/intrigue.
The only items that could remotely be considered "romantic" would be the building tension between the MC and his female counterpart...and maybe the scene when his best friend's daughter (of suitable adult age, of course) tries to seduce him.

That black banner down in my signature tells a bit more. ;)

That girl is frightening he needs to stay far away from her Laugh it Up fuzball even more so because her dad is his best friend.

rebelheart
November 17th, 2008, 03:35 AM
I think the charity idea is a well intentioned one, but not feasible. We are very wide spread, and if I want to donate to charity, I do it here at home. In fact, my hubby calls me a volunteer sucker. I tell him I'm just a girl that can't say no! I am already bombarded by charity seekers via media---ads, mail, churches, etc. If I wanted to go to a charity forum, I could just google it and find something.
I really look here for reading and writing motivation and inspiration. It's the time I set aside for myself (notice time I'm typing this) to focus on these pursuits without other intrusions, but I can't do that if I am distracted by charity calls. UNLESS these charity notifications were author/reader related. Only then, could I see such notifications being posted here; BUT even then, the author and the charity organization should already have the events posted on their sites. Julie
P.S. Welcome Kim

Bryn Colvin
May 11th, 2009, 06:27 AM
It might be nice to have a space where we can recommend books/websites/tools for research purposes... or should I just start a thread in the non-fiction section? My only reason for not doing so is that's very book orrientated, and there may be other resources to discuss that wouldn't quite fit.

Kim Smith
May 12th, 2009, 08:42 AM
I like that idea!

hollie
May 12th, 2009, 02:22 PM
So do we :huepfen017:

we're going to work on it and see what we can do