PDA

View Full Version : Seventy Days of Sweat Part 2

Nicole Gestalt
October 6th, 2007, 10:01 PM
The second round of the Seventy Days of Sweat will begin on October 15th it continue to January 15th (yes that is 93 days - they have counted in some holiday time)

The task for this time is to complete a manuscript and write at least 750 words a day (or however is needed to complete the manuscript). There is still time to sign up so those who are interested pop over to: 70 Days of Sweat (http://70daysofsweat.com/wordpress/)

I've signed up since I've got a huge amount of work that I need to get done and the last one was such a great incentive!

I'll keep you all posted on how things are going when it all gets started.

Linda L Lattimer
October 7th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Nicole, am I crazy, I went and signed up, we will see

Linda

Nicole Gestalt
October 7th, 2007, 08:49 PM
:whoohoo: Cheerleader

Thats great, and no your not mad :) Or if you are then your not the only one.

Good luck in it, I'll see you on the sign in days but let me know here how your doing too!

Linda L Lattimer
October 8th, 2007, 07:45 PM
I will Nicole, I think it sounds exciting

Linda

Nicole Gestalt
October 15th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Just wanted to say good luck to everyone taking part. The most important thing to remember is to enjoy it and just keep writing (which is sometimes so much easier said then done)

If anyone fancies popping in here to tell me how your doing I would love to know and will be full of encouragement, or a shoulder to cry on.

Good luck all :clover:

Linda L Lattimer
October 21st, 2007, 12:57 AM
Hi Nicole, I got a late start but am going to speed ahead, maybe with the days ahead. Gotta make up lost time

Linda

Nicole Gestalt
October 21st, 2007, 09:34 AM
Hi Linda,

Well don't worry too much it's early days and with all the days holiday given I'm sure you'll manage to make up the lost time. And the most important thing is that you feel your doing good, it doesn't matter really about the 65-100k in the end, it can just be a great way to get people to write a little everyday etc... Last time the idea had been to write 60k worth of things but I only hit 30k and I was very happy with that because my goal had been 10k. It got me writing and focusing on it in a way that I hadn't before and also reminded me how much fun writing can be.

I had been hitting my targets this week until yesterday hit. Saturday's are always bad days for me and writing so I sort of expected it but I feel rather upset at myself for not being able to do the writing! I'll just have to make it up today. I've got a big deadline looming so I'm hoping on getting it all done and polished by the end of the week. *fingers crossed!*

Hippy

Linda L Lattimer
October 22nd, 2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks Nicole, yes, I have quite a few things today that I have to get finished so not sure if I can add any more to mine today, but we do get to post on Wednesday how much we have written, is that correct??

Hugs Linda

Nicole Gestalt
October 22nd, 2007, 08:40 PM
Yup thats right check in days are every Sunday and Wednesday. Some people don't make both, others only sign in every now and then it really depends on the person etc.... I try and check in every time since it makes me count up how much I've actually done :) I'm usually really late on the Sunday check in but I get there.

Hope its going ok for you Hippy

Linda L Lattimer
October 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Well Nicole I didn't get to post yesterday, our rainy weather my net kept shutting me off, for some reason, so I will have to post on Sunday

Linda

Nicole Gestalt
October 28th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Thats alright Linda, just keep writing and sign in when you can.

I hope its going well so far.

Cheerleader Cheerleader Cheerleader

I'll put up my recent word count here this evening since I'm not sure where I am currently as I've had to have a little rejuggle of projects.

Nicole Gestalt
October 28th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Well after a sudden flurry of words today (about 3000 of them as it turns out - which is totally amazing for me) my two week word count stands at 15,943. Which works out to be just over 1000 words a day on average.

During these two weeks I've picked up three new projects (all of which need to be completed by next week) and moved one major one sideways so it's been a very eventful time.

Linda L Lattimer
October 30th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Nicole, as usual something came up Sunday and I failed to post but I have put a note to remind me tomorrow, perhaps I should set the alarm on my phone, hmmm, anyway so far about 12,213 to my record, and am going to try to do a bit more this evening, had some things to come up had to get done

Linda

Nicole Gestalt
November 1st, 2007, 10:05 AM
Linda don't worry some people actually only sign in on the last day to give an update. Your doing great though congratulations!

It feels good to get the words down doesn't it :)

Nicole Gestalt
January 15th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Today was the last day of the second round of Seventy Days of Sweat. I'll be putting up my 'word count' later this week once I've finished counting it. Although I wrote much more this time I didn't do as much as I would have liked. However I have had some success with the pieces I've done and I have written much more varied things then I would have done had I not done the challenge.

Hopefully there will be another one to come but I'll post more information up about when I find out more.

I hope everyone who took part enjoyed themselves and accomplished even the smallest goals.

Linda L Lattimer
February 3rd, 2008, 09:15 PM
I failed to go back online and add any more words but the last time I posted I said I was pretty sure I was done with the ending, but I could add more if necessary but I never added anymore. It was fun, Nicole

Linda

Nicole Gestalt
February 24th, 2008, 12:35 PM
The great thing about 70 Days is that it's more about personal goals then anything else and having a large group to fall back upon if you need to.

I'm glad you had fun Linda! I hoped you would.

I was more chaotic about it all but got some good pieces done in the end I think.

So now the next one begins on the 1st of March...anyone interested? :turned:

Nicole Gestalt
February 29th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Although this is a long time coming but since the third round of 70 Days of Sweat begins tomorrow I realised that I had to post up what I ended up doing last round.

Fiction 5+K
Urban Fantasy - still a work in progress

Fiction 1-5k
IoF - submitted
LiS - needing typing up and editing
MP - submitted, accepted and published
DSH - submitted and accepted
IS - WIP
Odd Fantasy - WIP
BDSM Piece - WIP

Fiction less than 1k
BaS - to be edited