PDA

View Full Version : The Last Celtic Witch

Pages : [1] 2

Lyn Armstrong
October 7th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Welcome everyone. I am very excited about my new release, THE LAST CELTIC WITCH. It was officially released this week at Resplendence Publishing. Read the great reviews at the end.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j188/bookwormjess/Animated_Banner.gif

The Last Celtic Witch<O:p</O:p

By Lyn Armstrong

<O:p</O:p

A painful death … A prophecy foretold

Pursued by evil forces for her powers, recluse Adela MacAye foresees her own agonizing death. She must seek the chosen one to produce an heir and pass on her Celtic powers. To fail would be the end of good magick, plunging the world into darkness. Conjuring a fertility spell she is led to a sensual chieftain who is betrothed to the sorceress that hunts her. Time is running out as fate and the future pursue her.

Plagued by enemies and undermined by sabotage, handsome Laird Phillip Roberts must save his clan from a bloody feud with an alliance through marriage … a marriage he does not want. After a night of white-hot sensual delights with the alluring witch, his heart commands he break the pledge of peace. With treachery around every corner, will he be too late to save …

The Last Celtic Witch?

“The Last Celtic Witch” is the first book from the Celtic Series.
Look for the 2nd book in January 2008
“The Celtic Witch and the Sorcerer”

The Reviewers are raving about THE LAST CELTIC WITCH.

The manipulation and intrigues found throughout the story kept me reading to see how things would turn out in the end. I found myself happily caught up in the exciting action of the story. This is a mesmerizing tale in which dark magic uses intrigue and manipulation to succeed in the battle between good versus evil. Their only hope is that the power of love will give courage and strengthen the power of one small woman …THE LAST CELTIC WITCH

4.5 Stars
Anita - Romance Junkies

The Last Celtic Witch is a story rich in history, and imagination. I
could literally feel what it must have been like to live in times when
being different could cost you your life. The villain of this piece is
so well drawn that you catch your breath in terror of what she is going
to do next. Adela as the woman alone who is desperate to find love and
in so doing continue her family line is exceptional. Phillip is
honorable, but he is not perfect, and I liked how Ms. Armstrong gave him
suitable flaws. The Last Celtic Witch is a keeper and not one you will
want to miss!
4 cups
Regina
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance

This novella weaves classic elements of love, loyalty, duty and good vs. evil into a compelling tale. The drama of two competing witches heightens the suspense. The sensual elements of this story are strong and varied, including same-sex and threesome scenes.
4 Stars
Jennifer R. Wells - Marani
Romantic Times Magazine

<O:p

Out of the books being released this week, the one I recommend the most is THE LAST CELTIC WITCH by Lyn Armstrong. I was sucked right into and I was excited to give positive feedback to the publisher about it.
Chantal
Beta Reader – Reading All Night Long

If you're in the mood for a highly sexual book that portrays many erotic situations along with a fast-paced plot, this book is for you.
3.5 Stars – An Excellent Read
Vee
Night Owl Romance

To buy now click on the title: THE LAST CELTIC WITCH (http://www.resplendencepublishing.com/m8_view_item.html?m8:item=978-0-9795721-1-1)

All the best
Lyn Armstrong
xoxo

Linda L Lattimer
October 7th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Lyn, really great reviews, congrats to you!!!

Linda

Lyn Armstrong
October 8th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Thanks! I am so pleased to receive such great reviews. I always thought that I wouldn't care what other people think of my work. It didn't matter what the reviewers thought, I loved my book...blah, blah, blah. But strangely, I am over the moon with those reviews.
:lol:

I hope you have a great day.

Lyn
xoxo

CharmedGirl
October 8th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Congratulations on those reviews Lyn. I'm really pleased that you're over the moon about them. Now I'll just have to go to the book store and get this book it sounds fantastic :)

Lyn Armstrong
October 8th, 2007, 11:16 AM
You won't be able to find the book in Australia just yet. Not until next year, but you can buy it direct from www.ResplendencePublishing.com (http://www.ResplendencePublishing.com) as an e-book. They will send a copy straight to your email address and you can download it.

I live in Florida now, but come from Australia. Brisbane, actually. How's the weather over there?

Lyn
xoxo

Dani
October 11th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Hi from a fellow Floridian Lyn! The reviews for the book are great! I love stories like this (that have a Celtic theme and have to do with witches) and it's on my to be bought list. :biggrin:

Lyn Armstrong
October 18th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Hi from a fellow Floridian Lyn! The reviews for the book are great! I love stories like this (that have a Celtic theme and have to do with witches) and it's on my to be bought list. :biggrin:
Hi Dani,

Thanks! I love those themes too. I fell in love with Scotland when I visited the country about 4 years ago. I was fortunate to be able to tour the UK for 6 weeks. But by the end, my poor daughter would say, "No! Not another castle."

LOL
Lyn
xoxo

Lyn Armstrong
October 18th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Woo Hoo! I will be cruising to Mexico in December. Again it comes down to... it's not what you know, it's who you know.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P></O:P>
As the Treasurer, I've been invited onto a huge beautiful cruise line as a VIP to check out the ship for FRW (Florida Romance Writers) conference we are having in Jan 2009.<O:P></O:P>
I'm basically just paying port taxes and will get a balcony suite. Mexico, here I come.<O:P></O:P>
I can't wait to sip tequila and explore the Mayan temple... probably at the same time. I'm so excited.<O:P></O:P>
Bon voyage!<O:P></O:P>
Lyn<O:P></O:P>
xoxo

Dani
October 18th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Lucky you! I'd love to go to Europe and see the castles and the countryside. I've also never been to Mexico either, so that sounds exciting!! Have fun on your trip! Cheerleader

Karenne
October 18th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I am with you on that one Dani! We should just go....HugMe

snicker..in our spare time!

Lyn Armstrong
October 18th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks Dani and Karenne. I'm looking forward to a vacation with just me and the hubby. It's been so long since we've had time away.

Dani
October 18th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Sure why not...Kick back with a good book, a couple of margaritas and relax!! :whoohoo:

Linda L Lattimer
October 21st, 2007, 12:48 AM
Oh Lyn how exciting, have some fun for me, too, when the time arrives

Linda

Lyn Armstrong
October 21st, 2007, 10:24 AM
Oh Lyn how exciting, have some fun for me, too, when the time arrives

Linda

Hi Linda,

I'll drink an extra cocktail for you...LOL. It's a hard job, but someone has to do it. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/icon6.gif

Have a great weekend, folks.

Lyn
xoxo

Linda L Lattimer
October 22nd, 2007, 03:39 PM
An extra cocktail, hmmm, yes that can be extra work, at times

Linda

Lyn Armstrong
October 22nd, 2007, 06:11 PM
What I love about cruises, is the only thing you need to stress about is deciding what cocktail to choose.

Any recommendation, ladies?

Lyn
xoxo

CharmedGirl
October 22nd, 2007, 07:25 PM
Try them all. A different cocktail each day :lol:

Lyn Armstrong
October 22nd, 2007, 08:04 PM
LOL...You are my kinda girl.

Lyn
xoxo

Dani
October 22nd, 2007, 10:41 PM
Try a Midori Sour or a banshee those are great! All though I'd have to agree with Bec (CharmedGirl) and go for the try them all deal. Like I was telling a friend the other day, you never know what you like unless you try it. :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
October 22nd, 2007, 10:55 PM
LOL...You are my kinda girl.

Lyn
xoxo

Thanks

I love trying all the cocktails when I go away on holidays :lol:

Lyn Armstrong
October 23rd, 2007, 10:45 AM
Good advice, guys. I just hope I don't get sea sick. The last cruise I went on, I was sick for three days until I went to the onboard doctor. He gave me a prick and I was all better. * I would say no pun intended, but I would be lying. LOL

Dani
October 23rd, 2007, 12:17 PM
Oh, let's hope you have a better time this time and not get sick.

Lyn Armstrong
October 24th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I hate to take drugs. Yukky.

Lyn
xoxo

Linda L Lattimer
October 25th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Don't know if I am spelling it right, but I haven't had a Mai Tai in a long time, maybe you could have one for me

Linda

Lyn Armstrong
October 26th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Mai Tai sounds great. I'll think of you when I have one unless, of course, if I have too many, then I won't be thinking much at all. LOL

:swoon:

Linda L Lattimer
October 26th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Lyn that was cute....

Linda

ms.raine
October 26th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Congratulations, after reading the four star review in Romantic Times. I put on my list.

Lyn Armstrong
October 29th, 2007, 08:49 AM
"Why, thank you, Ms. Raine," she says with her best southern accent. LOL
Being Australian, I love speaking in American southern accents. I don't know why. LOL Perhaps the film "Streetcar named Desire" had a huge effect on me as a child. "STELLA!!!"
Okay, it is Monday morning and I'm feeling a little nutty. Sorry.

Have a great week.

Lyn Armstrong
October 29th, 2007, 09:10 AM
As many of you already know. I am the Treasurer of Florida Romance Writers, and in 2009, FRW is having a writers conference with a twist. Instead of the boring old hotel venue, we are having our conference on a ship sailing the warm Caribbean waters.
We will have a fabulous time. So if you are interested in joining us, check out the info below.
Bon Voyage
Cruise With Your Muse

January 29th - 31st, 2009!

Set sail with the Florida Romance Writers on an exciting high seas
writing adventure.

It's Fun in the Sun 2009 on board Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the
Seas.

There will be great workshops, editors, agents, and speakers, plus
time to play on a private island in the Bahamas.

Space is limited. A $100 deposit can hold your place.

You must have valid passport, so don't wait to update yours.

For more info, go to www.frwriters. org

<!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStart|**|-~-->
Lyn
xoxo

Karenne
October 29th, 2007, 12:23 PM
oh neat! What a great idea! I bet you are going to get a lot of positive feedback on that!HugMe

Lyn Armstrong
October 29th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah, I can't wait. I am going on board the ship for a four day cruise to Mexico in December to check out the conference particulars, etc. It's a hard life. LOL :)

Karenne
October 29th, 2007, 04:51 PM
darn..I hate that you have been....forced into going on that for 4 days...horrible

(hand to forhead) the absolute horror of it

Innocent?

Dani
October 30th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Such a rough life you live. :roflmao:

Lyn Armstrong
October 30th, 2007, 09:10 AM
I know, my life is hell. LOL.

I'll just need to console myself with lounging by the pool with a Mai Tai, and gaze over the open blue sea.

It's hard being me. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/icon6.gif

Karenne
October 30th, 2007, 11:06 AM
(jumps up and down) take me! Take me!

I think you need...umm...a valetInnocent?

Lyn Armstrong
October 30th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Sure, you can be my personal secretary. The criteria is that you need to have a lot of fun. Think you can manage?

Lyn Armstrong
October 30th, 2007, 05:06 PM
My 1st printed book, THE LAST CELTIC WITCH finally came in a box today. I'm so excited. I have been walking around the house with the book clutched to my chest for the last hour. I don't think I can put it down. LOL

Yah!!!!

Let me know if you want an autographed copy.

Lyn
xoxo

Lyn Armstrong
October 31st, 2007, 03:42 PM
To all my ghoul friends and warlocks,

I wish you a spooky Halloween.
This is not the eve to be lean.
May all the witches and goblins come out to play
and while your kids run screaming away,

.... you get to pinch all their decent candy. LOL

Happy Halloween!
Lyn

Dani
October 31st, 2007, 05:52 PM
Cute poem Lynn! :biggrin:

FlyingWitch Happy Halloween!!! FlyingWitch

Lyn Armstrong
November 1st, 2007, 09:23 AM
Thanks Dani.
Are you tired after Halloween? I am exhausted. LOL...walked around in the rain with my dog and daughter.

Dani
November 1st, 2007, 05:49 PM
It's catching up to me now Lyn! I'm so tired I can barely see straight. :biggrin:

I live out in the country, so I don't have neighbors close that do the trick or treat thing, so I took my son and trick or treated in my cousin's neighborhood and then had to get him to relax after and get to bed (which he didn't want to do). Everyone that saw him thought his costume was awsome. He was a werewolf. :lol:

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa136/dani274/th_Halloween07_1.jpg

Lyn Armstrong
November 2nd, 2007, 09:43 AM
Oh how cute. LOL.
The problem is now, that there is way too much left over candy. And of course, I'm going to have to eat it. Ugh!
Temptation is a bitch. LOL
Lyn
xoxo

Lyn Armstrong
November 3rd, 2007, 09:28 AM
Yes, I have the Halloween blues. http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/blank.gif
The festive day is over and all my spooky decorations go back into their orange storage bin for another year. Sigh. I wish I could keep them up all year round, but I think the association will get cranky with me.
But that's okay. Xmas is next and I love those decorations just as much. Yah! Santa is coming to town. I hear some of you groan. Yes, I am one of those annoyingly cheery people around Xmas. Where I revert back to my childhood and clap my hands in wonder at the super Xmas tree in the shopping mall.
I just love the spirit of it all. Okay, enough about Xmas, I'm sure I blog more than once on the subject as the time grows near.
For now it is time to pack up my decorations and show my hubby the Halloween credit card bill. Who says you can't scare a grown man. LOL
Lyn
xoxo

Dani
November 4th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the compliment on my son's costume Lyn! :biggrin:

I don't get to do a lot of decorating at any holiday, but we do sometimes get Christmas decorations out for inside the house because my son loves them. The main ones we get out are animals with Christmas wreaths on them. It's actually a big set that was produced in the 80's and early 90's I do believe. I'll have to find the name to post. They are cute.

Lyn Armstrong
November 5th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Hi Dani,

It sounds wonderful. You'll need to post the name so I can look it up.

Cheers
Lyn
xoxo

Lyn Armstrong
November 6th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Yah! My book has just been put on Amazon.com. How cool is that!

Check it out.....

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Celtic-Witch-Lyn-Armstrong/dp/0979572118/ref=sr_1_1/103-4136988-2279042?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194362026&sr=1-1

Those who have read it, feel free to leave a review for me.

Thanks

Kisses Lyn
xoxo

CharmedGirl
November 6th, 2007, 07:54 PM
That's great news that the book has been put on Amazon Lyn.

Dani
November 7th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Lyn, the animal set I was talking about were produced by Nanco. The collection was called Christmas Animals by Tom Rubel. Here's a picture of the elephant that I found. All the animals have some sort of decoration on them like this one does.

http://i3.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/c1/bc/daa0_1.JPG

Lyn Armstrong
November 7th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Hi Charmedgirl,

There's no Big W in America, but there is a KMart branch here. Do you think they would sell them here?

Lyn
Aussie abroad

Lyn Armstrong
November 7th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Hi Dani,

Cute elephant. Thanks for the name.

Lyn
xoxo

Lyn Armstrong
November 9th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I'll be doing my first booksigning at Miami Book Fair this Sunday, Nov 11 at 11.30am - 1pm. (Murder on the Beach bookstore booth)
http://www.miamibookfair.com (http://www.miamibookfair.com/)
I am a little nervous about it. I mean, I know people love my book and I've had wonderful reviews, but still, to be in front of people who could pick up my book and then put it down would be devastating. http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/melancholy.gif
Lyn, take deep breaths and relax....oommmmm....oommmm. All will be well, grasshopper.
Okay, I'm good now. Yes, I often talk to myself like I am a chinese kung fu master. LOL
Anyway, if you are in the area, feel free to drop by and say hi. I would love to meet you. http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/anxious.gif
Lyn
xoxo

Karenne
November 9th, 2007, 05:18 PM
You will be fine Lyn! I will be with you in spirit if not physically. cough...a little to far for me to go..sorry honey!HugMe

Take pictures and let us know how it goes!

Good luck!:winkiss:

Lyn Armstrong
November 9th, 2007, 05:42 PM
LOL...thanks Karenne. Great idea to bring the camera. I didn't think of that. :0)

Kisses
Lyn
xoxo

Dani
November 10th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Dang Lyn, I wish I could be there. If there is any way I can get there, I will be. I'm about 4 hours or so North of where you're going to be, so it might be a little difficult to get there, but I will try. Now if you were in Orlando, Tampa or Lakeland I'd be able to go to these places easily.

You're going to do fine though and people will love you. Who knows you may find some new fans there too!! :biggrin:

Lyn Armstrong
November 10th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Thanks Dani. Actually, I will be doing a booksigning in Orlando next year. March 29 - April 1, 2008 at the Reading Festival. If you are in the area, I'd love to meet you.

Lyn

Dani
November 10th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Just tell me where at in Orlando and I'll be there. :biggrin:

I was over that way last Sunday for a book signing at the Barnes & Noble in the Altamonte Mall in Altamonte Springs. I met an author that posts here at CTR and a few new ones that I have put on my list to read.

I hope that you meet lots of fans in Miami and find new ones as well. :)

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 01:52 AM
awww lucky you Dani. You get to have a book signed by one of the authors here at CTR. I wish I could be in Orlando to get a book signed but I can't.

Dani
November 11th, 2007, 01:55 AM
I can help you with that! I told you before. Just tell me! :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 02:02 AM
Well when it gets closer to the signing dates I will have made up my mind. LOL

Lyn Armstrong
November 12th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Thanks Dani, I think I have posted the dates and places on CTR calendar for Orlando booksigning.

But I'll post again when the time draws near. ;0)

Kisses
Lyn
xoox

Lyn Armstrong
November 12th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Hi Charmedgirl,

Let me know if you would like an autographed copy. I send my books to Australia all the time. ;0)

Lyn
xoxo

Dani
November 13th, 2007, 12:07 AM
I'll check out the calander then.

Oh, I friended you on MySpace. I don't know how I missed not doing it sooner, but I have now. :lol:

Lyn Armstrong
November 13th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Oh cool. Send me a quick message so I know which name you are going under.

Lyn

Dani
November 13th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Message sent Lyn! :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
November 13th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I would love an autographed copy of your book Lyn. Thanks for that! :notworthy:

I've already got you as a friend on myspace and now I'm going to post a message :lol:

On myspace I go under the name Rebecca but I prefer Bec so I'm going to have to try and change that :tt2:

Lyn Armstrong
November 14th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Hi Bec,

Send your postal address to my personal email:
lynettearmstrong@hotmail.com and I'll organize that book for you. ;0)
Lyn

Lyn Armstrong
November 14th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Oh my God!!! My book, "The Last Celtic Witch" is on the Target website. LOL
How cool is that. ;0) Check it out....
http://www.target.com/gp/search/601-1566332-5342546?field-keywords=last+celtic+witch&url=index%3Dbooks-ta&ref=sr_bx_1_16 (http://www.target.com/gp/search/601-1566332-5342546?field-keywords=last+celtic+witch&url=index%3Dbooks-ta&ref=sr_bx_1_16)
I am so shocked. I never thought I would be brand at Target. My little heart is pounding. LOL
Lyn
xoxo

Lyn Armstrong
November 14th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Yeah, the booksigning went really well. I got to meet a lot of great people and in the end I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. LOL.
Joanne from Murder on the Beach Bookstore was wonderful and gracious as always. Thank you Joanne for having me, and her lovely sidekick, Jennie, was so much fun to have standing next to me on the day.
I love to hear when people talk about my book. I just stand back, listen and smile. It's like when a person compliments your child. You feel so proud. LOL
Thanks Jennie, you did a great job. Mystery romance author, Nancy Cohen also was my allie on the day. She is one of my inspirations as a writer. Thanks honey for helping me too. My friend, Aleka Nakis was the other author who was signing books on the end of the table. With so many commrade in arms, I had a wonderful day. Not to mention my hubby was pacing nearby. Okay, he was a little bored, but when no one was around he would sneak in a kiss. LOL...my hero.
I would like to esspecially thank all those who stopped by and bought THE LAST CELTIC WITCH. I appreciate your support at my first booksigning.
I hope you all have a great week.
Kisses
Lyn
xoxo

Dani
November 14th, 2007, 06:23 PM
http://www.target.com/gp/search/601-1566332-5342546?field-keywords=last+celtic+witch&url=index%3Dbooks-ta&ref=sr_bx_1_16 (http://www.target.com/gp/search/601-1566332-5342546?field-keywords=last+celtic+witch&url=index%3Dbooks-ta&ref=sr_bx_1_16)
I am so shocked. I never thought I would be brand at Target. My little heart is pounding. LOL
Lyn
xoxo
That's so awsome Lyn!! Congratualtions on getting on the Target website. Cheerleader

Oh, and I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience at the book signing. :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
November 14th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Send your postal address to my personal email:
lynettearmstrong@hotmail.com and I'll organize that book for you. ;0)

I will send you an email today. Thanks again Lyn! :)

xoxo

This is great news about making it onto the Target Website. Way to go! I'm really glad that the book signing went really well also :)

Lyn Armstrong
November 15th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks Bec and Dani. It is such an exciting time for me and things are rolling along so fast. People used to tell me that when you get published, everything happens at once.

They were not lying. :lol:

CharmedGirl
November 17th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Wow you must be having a good time though Lyn which is great to hear. LOL

Lyn Armstrong
November 19th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks Bec. Yes, I had a wonderful time. I love to meet new people. Being an author, you tend work in a solitary office (usually home) and it's hard when you don't have that contact with people on a daily basis.
So when authors get out and about like at conferences and such, we really do go a little wild. LOL We get giddy with socializing.

Lyn Armstrong
November 21st, 2007, 11:28 AM
Okay, so it's not a happy day for the turkeys, but I wish all the best for those who get to gather with their friends and family. Being so far away from my family, I really do envy people who get to spend the holidays with their families.
You get to enjoy all the wonderful food and sibling rivalry along with barely suppressed issues you have been holding in since childhood, just itching to blast out onto your loved ones. LOL.
Oh, maybe that's just me. But all in all, I love spending time with my family. Unfortunately, I have to put a 2nd mortgage on my house and fly for 2 days to get to see them.
May you enjoy these moments.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Kisses Lyn
xoxo

Dani
November 22nd, 2007, 02:43 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Lyn!!

hollie
November 22nd, 2007, 06:37 PM
:english: we don't do thanksgiving but i wish you all well

hollie
November 22nd, 2007, 06:41 PM
:confused: Lyn i still can't get your book it isn't on amazon for the uk.:no:

Dani
November 22nd, 2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks Hollie! It was a great one for me. :wub:

CharmedGirl
November 25th, 2007, 08:43 PM

We don't do Thanksgiving here either :dots: not fair

Lyn Armstrong
November 26th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks Dani. When is your birthday? It must be close to Xmas.

Lyn
xoxo

Lyn Armstrong
November 26th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Oh Hollie,

You can't get my book either? Doh! It's on Amazon.com in America. I'm sure they will send it out to you but I don't know how much it would be for P&H. If you would rather, you can send me a $20US money order made out to Resplendence Publishing and I can post one from my batch and autograph it for you too. ;0) Let me know if you are interested.

All the best
Lyn
xoxo

Dani
November 27th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks Dani. When is your birthday? It must be close to Xmas.

Lyn
xoxo
It's the 27th of December Lyn. I was due on the 11th of December, but I guess I decided that I wasn't ready at that point and I waited 2 weeks. My mom told me that they didn't have Christmas that year because everyone was sick with the flu and in the ER. She teases me sometimes and tells me it was my fault. :lol:

Lyn Armstrong
November 27th, 2007, 09:31 AM
LOL...oh dear. The Irish wolf that stole Christmas. :)

CharmedGirl
November 27th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I have a friend who was born the 24th of December and he loves getting presents two days in a row. LOL

AussieHeMan
November 28th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Then you've got your cousin who is born on New Years Eve Bec. LOL

hollie
November 28th, 2007, 05:34 AM
xmasreindeer I was born new years eve as well :biggrin:

Lyn Armstrong
November 28th, 2007, 11:39 AM
He's lucky. I am amazed his family doesn't combine the two and he ends up with just Xmas presents. I hear that is what a lot of people do. Which would be a bummer.

Lyn
xoxo

hollie
November 28th, 2007, 05:28 PM
xmasreindeer I always got that but its not to bad now i've got kids they like to make a fuss for everyone so i get christmas and a birthday now Bouncy Icon Smilie

Dani
November 28th, 2007, 10:00 PM
LOL...oh dear. The Irish wolf that stole Christmas. :)
:roflmao: Now that was a good one! I guess I kinda did though.

xmasreindeer I always got that but its not to bad now i've got kids they like to make a fuss for everyone so i get christmas and a birthday now Bouncy Icon Smilie
That's too sweet that they like to make sure that you get both now! Cheerleader

Lyn Armstrong
November 29th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Hollie,

Yeah for kids. Don't ya just love their enthusiasm.

Hey, Bec, is AussieHeMan your cousin?

CharmedGirl
December 3rd, 2007, 12:02 AM
He isn't my cousin Lyn he's a friend that is all. LOL

Lyn Armstrong
December 3rd, 2007, 10:44 AM
Oh, I see.

Lyn
xoxo

CharmedGirl
December 11th, 2007, 10:11 PM
I'm trying to get a couple more of my friends to register here because they love vampire / wereanimal / witch books but they tell me they don't get a lot of spare time to be able to post messages. I told them that was a lowsy excuse. LOL

Lyn Armstrong
December 12th, 2007, 09:58 AM
LOL...That's right, it is a lousy excuse. LOL
How's the weather in Australia. Is it getting hot? In Florida, it's winter, but it is not cold, the temp is just lovely. However, I am going on my cruise to Mexico tomorrow and true to Floridian karma, a tropical storm is set to arrive just as we are leaving. UGH!!!! I hope the seas won't be too rough. :0(

Dani
December 12th, 2007, 03:54 PM
You mean we're actually going to get a tropical storm in December? I've loved having the cooler weather lately and I hope it lasts.

Have fun on your cruise. Drink some good drinks for me!! :biggrin:

hollie
December 13th, 2007, 04:44 PM
xmassnowmanbuild i'm just not going to mention our weather

Lyn Armstrong
December 18th, 2007, 12:27 PM
The drive to the port and boarding the ship went really well. I was expecting delays, but they shuffled us on board within 40 mins. The ship was huge! With a theater, promenade, rock wall climber, pools for adults and families and an ice skating rink. Who knew I could skate on the open sea. http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/crazy.gif
After taking my trusty pills for seasickness, I was free to eat the lovely food on the smorgasbord. With a full tummy, I went to suntan on the deck....ahhhh, relaxation, you can't beat it. This is so cool. Time for a drink. Waiter!!!
After watching a gorgeous sunset, I got dressed in a red gown, formal night, tonight. Luckily, I am being treated as a VIP by the lovely cruise corporate manager. Free cocktail party...yippee!!!
Lyn

CharmedGirl
December 19th, 2007, 12:24 AM
LOL...That's right, it is a lousy excuse. LOL
How's the weather in Australia. Is it getting hot? In Florida, it's winter, but it is not cold, the temp is just lovely. However, I am going on my cruise to Mexico tomorrow and true to Floridian karma, a tropical storm is set to arrive just as we are leaving. UGH!!!! I hope the seas won't be too rough. :0(

Yeah it has been hot here Lyn. I've been relaxing in the pool on really hot days. LOL

It looks like we're going to get some serious rain here though!

Lyn Armstrong
December 19th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Oh wow. I remember the hot Xmas'. I can't say that I miss them. LOL. It's nice in Florida around this time of year. The only time of the year you don't have to have the a/c running. It's like a winter in Cairns.
Lyn
xoxo

Lyn Armstrong
December 19th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Argh - hangover! I had to rise for an early meeting in the cruise conference room. I felt like a lab-rat trying to find the rooms, ducking in and out of the halls. LOL. Finally, I arrived a little worse for wear. I should have stopped at the last Pina Colada. http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/blank.gif
The meeting was well worth the headache it took for me to get there. I am so excited about FRW's conference in 2009. The cruise ship is going to be rocking with the wild romance authors. Woo Hoo!
I've already scoped which bar is best to hang out and meet up with my buddies. The "Two Poets" is an Irish bar in the middle of the promenade. Apt name for us writers. Cocktail anyone? Ugh...okay, so maybe I will slow down tonight. Is that the ship swaying or me?
Tomorrow is Mexico! Yah! I can't wait to see the Mayan ruins, Tulum. It's going to be so cool. These ruins overlook the Caribbean Sea. I'll take lots of photos.
I love this ship...can I live here?
Lyn

Lyn Armstrong
December 20th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Last night the ship rocked so hard, I thought I would fall off the bed. The ship met the tropical storm that was creeping its way up the coast. Argh, it must have known there were Floridians onboard. LOL
My husband loved it, he said it rocked him to sleep. Me, I'm a different kettle of fish. (Aussie saying) When my bed is moving, I can't get to sleep. http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/depressed.gif
We arrived in Cozumel, Mexico at 8am. Booked a tour to see the Tulum ruins, created by the Mayan civilation thousands of years ago.
The ferry ride over to the main land was a little rickety. It felt like the boat was put together by a glue stick. But we survived. No seasickness so far. Drugs are working...yah! Unfortunately, a little girl did not have such luck. On the ferry, this girl looked awful. Her mother sat her on one of the outside seats next to the railing. Four rows of people behind her moved out of the way in case flying chucks came their way via the wind. Sitting in the back row, it was quite funny to watch people freak out. I didn't shuffle to the side. I was far enough back, not to be bothered by it. The little girl made it to the main land without mishap.
After a long bus ride, we trekked a mile to see the ruins. Puff, puff, pant, pant. At least I am working off the cruise food.
It's so amazing that the ruins are still standing to this day. Regal and intimidating, they sat overlooking the blue Caribbean Sea.
Well, it's back to the bus. Puff, puff, pant, pant. Who told Mexico it could be so hot and humid in winter? Didn't they know I was coming to explore? LOL. Okay, so now I am sounding like a spoiled diva. Guilty as charged. http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/blush.gif
After a little shopping in Mexico, I was exhausted. I can't wait to get back into air conditioning and the luxury of the cruise ship.
Once on board, I booked into the spa for a hot stone massage. Ahhhh. Life is good.
Lyn

Dani
December 21st, 2007, 12:52 AM
Sounds like you're having a great time Lyn (with the exception of the storm). Get a massage for me too and make sure a really hot guy is giving it to you! LOL!:devil:

Lyn Armstrong
December 21st, 2007, 10:23 AM
On the home stretch now. Wahhh. I don't wanna go home. http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/listless.gif But I do miss my own computer and bed. Funny, how it is in that order. I think I must be sobering up. LOL
How will I live without the waiters bringing me everything and anything I could want? I guess I will just have to survive. Sigh.
The ship pulled into the port at 7am and since we were the last to get off ( They had to pry my fingers away from the railing) it didn't take long to go through customs and immigration.
I still have not regained my land legs, cause that would make me a landlubber. LOL. Sorry, I couldn't resist the pirate talk.
I turned around for one last look at the gigantic ship and sighed. Not to worry, I'll be back onboard in 2009 for the Florida Romance Writers conference.
If anyone is interested in this conference and meeting me onboard for a booksigning and cocktail, go to this website: www.frwriters.org (http://www.frwriters.org/)
The conference is going to be blast! See you there.
Lyn

Lyn Armstrong
December 21st, 2007, 10:24 AM
Hi Dani,

Yes, I did that. I had a wonderful massage by a hottie. Hmmm. Nice hands. LOL

Lyn
xoxo

Linda L Lattimer
December 21st, 2007, 09:55 PM
Lyn, sounds exciting, so glad you are had some fun and relaxation

Linda

Dani
December 21st, 2007, 10:26 PM
I'm so glad you had fun on your cruise Lyn! Cheerleader

I'm sorry you had to get off the ship and come back to reality, but just think of all the amo you now have to use in your writing...A hottie that gives massages, drinks that are only a waiter away and a tropical paradise...Yum!! Just add in some hot and steamy sex scenes, a plot with a bit of mystery or a challenge for the characters and you have the makings of a great book (like I need to tell you how to write...LOL). :biggrin:

Lyn Armstrong
December 23rd, 2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks Linda.

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays.

Here's to next year. May it be prosperous and creative.

All the best
Lyn
xoxo

CharmedGirl
December 26th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Glad you had a great time Lyn.

Christmas was awesome and I got lots of presents. Finally got a new bookcase, well I actually got two new bookcases but one I have to put together myself. LOL

Lyn Armstrong
December 31st, 2007, 03:04 PM
Don't you hate when you have to put together a bookcase. LOL...I'd rather write a complex romance novel.

Kisses
Lyn
xoox

Lyn Armstrong
December 31st, 2007, 03:06 PM
My Wish for You in 2008

May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips! May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May the problems you had forget your home address! In simple words ............

May 2008 be the best year of your life (so far)!!!

Kisses Lyn
xoxo

CharmedGirl
December 31st, 2007, 07:18 PM
I think 2008 is going to be a very good year except that due to cyclone weather the fireworks had to be cancelled. awwwww totally sad!

Dani
January 1st, 2008, 12:09 AM
ChampagneCelebrateHappy New Year!!! 2008Glasses

Lyn Armstrong
January 1st, 2008, 12:51 PM
Oh bummer. I know in Australia it's illegal to buy fireworks, but here the average person can buy them and set them off in their backyard. It seems weird to me to have them going off so close to home, but so far my house hasn't been set on fire. Touch wood. ;0)

hollie
January 2nd, 2008, 02:59 PM
Don't you hate when you have to put together a bookcase. LOL...I'd rather write a complex romance novel.

Kisses
Lyn
xoox

I don't get new bookcases i just send to books to mum's she has 2 spare bedrooms and a lot more room than me but i still keep about 200 books at home.

Linda L Lattimer
January 2nd, 2008, 04:47 PM
Lyn, love your wish for 2008 and hope yours is blissfully wonderful

hugs Linda

Karenne
January 2nd, 2008, 09:27 PM
Oh yeah...I want those wishes!

CharmedGirl
January 3rd, 2008, 03:14 AM
Oh bummer. I know in Australia it's illegal to buy fireworks, but here the average person can buy them and set them off in their backyard. It seems weird to me to have them going off so close to home, but so far my house hasn't been set on fire. Touch wood. ;0)

People still buy them here in Australia even though they're illegal.

Dani
January 3rd, 2008, 07:17 PM
They are illegal in some counties here in FL too, but people get them anyway. The people that buy them illegally will understand why they are illegal when they lose their house or something to being stupid.

Lyn Armstrong
January 4th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Wow, you are lucky to have another storage place for books. I have to constantly trim down my books to my fav's, otherwise my house would overflow with mountain piles of books. LOL
I end up giving away a lot of books. :(

Lyn Armstrong
January 4th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks Linda...:)

Lyn Armstrong
January 4th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Hi Dani,

Oh I didn't realise they were illegal in Florida too. There are so many places selling them in the open.

Dani
January 6th, 2008, 01:06 AM
They're not illegal everywhere in FL, but in some counties they are. My county allows them, but then again most of my side of the county is farm land still. I think only in times of draught will you see more counties making them illegal.

Lyn Armstrong
January 6th, 2008, 01:15 PM
A friend sent this quote to me and it resonated deep within me.
"A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided.”
~Anthony Robbins
I think about how many times I have wanted to do something but ended up not having the time or enthusiam to start. This quote says it all. For whatever reason, I have truly not decided yet. So if it is meant to be, I need to decide it to be so and start the action.
That is Lyn's "deep and meaningful" for this weekend. LOL.
I hope you all have a great Sunday with lots of action.
Lyn
xoxo

Dani
January 7th, 2008, 12:15 AM
ROLF... Your "deep and meaningful" for the weekend... You're too funny. The quote was just that though and very true.

Lyn Armstrong
January 7th, 2008, 10:35 AM
LOL...Hi Dani.
I'm glad you liked the quote.
Argh, it's MONDAY. I want it to be the weekend again. LOL
Oh well, back to work.

I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go.....(cue whistle sequence) LOL

Have a good week!
Lyn
xoxo

Dani
January 7th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I so hate that song just because I do owe. LMAO!!

Sorry you have to go back to the daily grind today. Mine starts tomorrow and I have to go haggle with a doctor's office about not sending paperwork to my insurance company or me. I mean how hard is it to make a copy of the paperwork and put it in the mail? That's why I have to go there and make sure that they copy it for me so I can send it off to the insurance and have a copy for my records. I have issues with this place and after I get what I need from them we will no longer be taking my son there. Okay, I'll get off my soap box now.

On the bright side of it, my son goes back to school tomorrow!! WooHoo!! Bouncy Icon Smilie

Hope you have a great week too Lyn!

hollie
January 7th, 2008, 05:39 PM
A friend sent this quote to me and it resonated deep within me.
"A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided.”
~Anthony Robbins

Its right i found that when i stopped smoking if you just think you should do some thing you never manage it you have to decide you are going to and then its still hard

hollie
January 7th, 2008, 05:41 PM
ok guys where are the mood thingees you all got i can't find them

Linda L Lattimer
January 7th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Thought I would send a hello your way, Lyn, in hopes that things are good for you today

Linda

Dani
January 7th, 2008, 11:21 PM
ok guys where are the mood thingees you all got i can't find them
The mood thingees (as you call them...Laugh it Up fuzball ) are located under the private message link in the upper right hand corner of the screen. :biggrin:

Welcome, IrishWolf.
You last visited: Today at 03:54 PM
Private Messages (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/private.php): Unread 0, Total 0.
<!-- / dropdown mood select by sniper start -->My Mood: http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/mood/Sleepy.gif (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=31086#)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("moods", 1); </SCRIPT>

I copied mine so you could see what it will look like to find it (just incase you need it). <!-- / dropdown mood select by sniper end -->

Karenne
January 8th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I thought they were just kind of fun...you know something new for the new forum look and the new year. What do ya'll think?

Dani
January 8th, 2008, 11:16 PM
I think it's cool! You've done another excellent job honey!! HugMe

hollie
January 9th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks Dani i would never have found it

Dani
January 9th, 2008, 12:06 PM
You're most very welcome Hollie! :biggrin:

Lyn Armstrong
January 9th, 2008, 12:31 PM
On the bright side of it, my son goes back to school tomorrow!! WooHoo!! Bouncy Icon Smilie

God bless school! LOL Says one pooped mother to another.
Lyn

Dani
January 9th, 2008, 12:34 PM
I know that feeling Lyn. Trust me.

I'm celebrating because my son went back to school yesterday!! WooHoo!! *Dances around wildly and sings* Hi ho the kid's in school. Hooray!!! Laugh it Up fuzball

Lyn Armstrong
January 9th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Thought I would send a hello your way, Lyn, in hopes that things are good for you today

Thanks Linda,

I am so busy this week. Is it this time of year or am I just under a lot of deadlines? LOL. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/xthud.gif

How is everyone else going?

Lyn
xoxo

Lyn Armstrong
January 9th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Thanks Dani,

I wasn't sure of this either. LOL.

Lyn

Lyn Armstrong
January 9th, 2008, 12:40 PM
What would we do without school. My daughter had an assignment due in today. She had the whole winter break to do it, but only remembered yesterday. UGH!!!!!
Who gives an assignment on a school break. Needless to say, we were both up till the early hours of the morning working on this damn thing.

Dani
January 9th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I'm always here to help Lyn. :biggrin:

Lyn Armstrong
January 9th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Aw, thanks hon. Can you build a solar system model? LOL

Karenne
January 9th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Been there..done that!

How fun...a solar system model. Much better than the things I had to build when I was in school.

You might be able to fine what you need on the internet. Do they give you instructions?

Dani
January 9th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Okay, now you're asking for too much. I can do a lot of things, but that's a little out of my league. Laugh it Up fuzball

I can barely remember the names of the planets and now they're saying that Pluto isn't a planet anymore? I'm confused, so I wouldn't be any help. Sorry.

Lyn Armstrong
January 10th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Do they give you instructions?[/quote]

Ha ha! Instructions. I don't think her school knows what that is. We are suppose to mind read what she needs to do.:swoon:

Lyn Armstrong
January 10th, 2008, 10:36 AM
LOL No problem Dani. I guess on the plus side, I am learning all over again what the solar system is about. When I was in school, that info was not in a memory cell with high priority.

Karenne
January 10th, 2008, 12:26 PM
snort....the solar system has changed GREATLY since I was in school (glares and thinks don't ask my age)

But it is fun to build! By the way...Michael's has a solar system kit for kids to build for school projects (wink)

Lyn Armstrong
January 10th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the advice. ;0)

Dani
January 10th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Good luck Lyn. I have a feeling you're gonna need it. :biggrin:

Lyn Armstrong
January 11th, 2008, 11:12 AM
LOL...thanks Dani, me too.

Dani
January 12th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Hey Lyn, I got to see a picture of you on the Lake County Library website for the Festival of Reading event that you're going to be at and I have to ask, is red your natural hair color? It's beautiful!!

hollie
January 13th, 2008, 11:46 AM
our kids don't have to do stuff like that they get homework but nothing to that level

Lyn Armstrong
January 15th, 2008, 11:06 AM
You are lucky Hollie. But it's only a matter of time. LOL

Lyn

Lyn Armstrong
January 15th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Hey Lyn, I got to see a picture of you on the Lake County Library website for the Festival of Reading event that you're going to be at and I have to ask, is red your natural hair color? It's beautiful!!

Thanks Dani, but unfortunately, no. Actually, after years and years of coloring my hair red, I have gone back to my original color of dark brown. Well, as close to the bottle dark brown as I can get. LOL. My actual color is brown and gray. Ugh. Can't fight those grays.

Kisses Lyn
xoxo

hollie
January 15th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Ha! there is an advantage to being blond no gray hair Bouncy Icon Smilie

Dani
January 15th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Cool Lyn! After seeing that picture I could see you with brown hair, but it's a bit difficult because I've seen the red first. :biggrin:

Hollie, you can still have gray even if you're a blonde. My mom's friend is a blond and you can see her gray because it looks darker against her blonde, but it actually looks good on her. LOL!

Lyn Armstrong
January 16th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Well you know what they say....
Blondes have more fun,
Red heads do the damage,
but the brunette gets the man.

Ha ha. So I am in the middle of getting the man and stuffing him up.

Dani
January 16th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I like that. LOL!

Lyn Armstrong
January 17th, 2008, 10:24 AM
LOL...hmm, maybe that should be my new logo.

I get the man, but then I damage him for all others. LOL
Maybe I should stick with "History has never been so erotic".

Speaking of erotic historicals. The second book to my Celtic Series is coming out next Tuesday, Jan 22nd. THE CELTIC WITCH AND THE SORCERER.

If you love the first book, THE LAST CELTIC WITCH, you are going to flip for this one. It is very HOT. Oh my God, the hero in this book is soooo freakin dark and sexy. He is my fav so far. LOL Gotta love an evil sorcerer.

Anyway, I'll let you all know when it is released and where you can get it.
Wait until you see this cover. YUM!!!!

Dani
January 17th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Yay Lyn! :clap:

I can't wait to see it!Bouncy Icon Smilie

Lyn Armstrong
January 17th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks Dani. :0)

hollie
January 17th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Cool Lyn! After seeing that picture I could see you with brown hair, but it's a bit difficult because I've seen the red first. :biggrin:

Hollie, you can still have gray even if you're a blonde. My mom's friend is a blond and you can see her gray because it looks darker against her blonde, but it actually looks good on her. LOL!

Touch wood i not got any yet

Speaking of erotic historicals. The second book to my Celtic Series is coming out next Tuesday, Jan 22nd. THE CELTIC WITCH AND THE SORCERER.

please please please lyn :notworthy:

Lyn Armstrong
January 17th, 2008, 06:32 PM
LOL...you are too cute, Hollie.

Lyn
xoxo

Lyn Armstrong
January 22nd, 2008, 12:20 PM
Hi all,
I usually don't blog about movies, but I went and saw this wonderful movie called, 27 Dresses. It was so funny and sad and romantic. This is a real chick flick, so boys, I wouldn't recommend it for you.
I just love all that wedding stuff and finding true love. Call me a girly girl, but I love romance and everything that has to do with. We need more of these romantic comedies and less violent, bloody, shoot em-dead-before-they-speak type gory movies. I for one would rather laugh than cringe in disgust. But that's just me.
Probably why I write about romance rather than horror.
Well, this has been Lyn's two cents worth. Ladies, go see 27 Dresses, it's excellent. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/icon14.gif
Lyn
xoxo

Karenne
January 22nd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks Lyn! I went and looked at your blog. I appreciate the heads up because I am SO picky about movies!

Lyn Armstrong
January 22nd, 2008, 04:11 PM
No problem, Karenne. I liked it, so I hope you do too. If a movie gives me a LOL, then I like it. ;0)

Lyn

CharmedGirl
January 22nd, 2008, 07:49 PM
Hi all,

Well, this has been Lyn's two cents worth. Ladies, go see 27 Dresses, it's excellent. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/icon14.gif
Lyn
xoxo

Lyn I went and saw this movie yesterday. OMG I loved it so much and can't wait until it is out on DVD. I'm going to definitely get it. I had to go with my boyfriend's mum because he wouldn't take me to see it however I had to go see I am Legend with him. Just once I would like him to take me to see a Chick Flick. LOL :)

Dani
January 22nd, 2008, 10:23 PM
Hi all,
I usually don't blog about movies, but I went and saw this wonderful movie called, 27 Dresses. It was so funny and sad and romantic. This is a real chick flick, so boys, I wouldn't recommend it for you.
I just love all that wedding stuff and finding true love. Call me a girly girl, but I love romance and everything that has to do with. We need more of these romantic comedies and less violent, bloody, shoot em-dead-before-they-speak type gory movies. I for one would rather laugh than cringe in disgust. But that's just me.
Probably why I write about romance rather than horror.
Lyn
xoxo
Thanks Lyn! I've been looking at this movie debating on whether to see it or not and I was leaning toward watching it. Now I'll definately watch it. HugMe

Lyn Armstrong
January 23rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
I know, men can be a pain. My hubby is not too bad, he would usually go see a chick flick with me if I nag him enough. LOL.

Dani, lets us know what you think of the movie.

Have a great day, ladies.
Lyn
xoxo

Lyn Armstrong
January 24th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Yes, the second book to the Celtic series is now available in ebook format.
The Celtic Witch and the Sorcerer was such a pleasure to write. If you liked the first book, The Last Celtic Witch, you'll absolutely flip for this one.
THE CELTIC WITCH AND THE SORCERER

As a Celtic Witch, Gavenia Roberts possesses the power of good magic. With a few simple words, she can command the weather to do her bidding, ensure a bountiful harvest despite a severe drought, and even summon a star down from the heavens. But all the magic in the world cannot grant Gavenia the one thing she desires most… her freedom.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
As powerful as he is ruthless, Laird Tremayne Campbell lives in a world of shadows and carnal perversion. Though he has the ability to wield dark magic with a mere thought, all of his powers cannot protect him from an evil curse that threatens his very existence. To lift the curse, the sorcerer must spill the enchanted blood of a Celtic witch. But after imprisoning Gavenia in his tower, her beauty and inner light is all he could think about.<O:P></O:P>
Can he sacrifice Gavenia to save his life and eternal soul? Or will he face the fires of hell for the love of a Celtic witch?<O:P></O:P>
<O:P>To purchase, click on the title THE CELTIC WITCH AND THE SORCERER (http://www.resplendencepublishing.com/m8_view_item.html?m8:item=22-201-105-401-2). </O:P>
<O:P>Like the first book in the Celtic series, this historical romance is very erotic, so be warned. LOL</O:P>

www.ResplendencePublishing.com (http://www.resplendencepublishing.com/)
ISBN 22-201-105-401-2

Dani
January 25th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Congratulations on the book being released!! Bouncy Icon Smilie

Lyn, are you going to be at the book signing Saturday in Altamont Springs at the Barnes & Noble? I'm going to try to get there to see Aleka again and I was wondering if you were going to be there too.

Oh, and if I get to see the movie I'll be sure to let you know.

Lyn Armstrong
January 25th, 2008, 03:02 AM
Hi Dani,

No I won't be up there for B&N signing, but I will be up in Orlando and Deland come late March/early April. I'm doing a huge book signing at the Romance Reading Festival/coffee houses and libraries. I've been told today that a library near Deland has been asking after me for a while to do a program for them. Wow, they must like me in Deland. LOL.
I can't wait for the festival. It should be really good.
Hope to see you there, Dani.
Kisses Lyn
xoxo

Dani
January 25th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Cool! Deland's not that far from me either. If something comes up over there please tell me.

I'm going to try to make it over to the reading festival, but there are so many places that people will be and they all seem to be spread out, but I'll manage.

Lyn Armstrong
January 25th, 2008, 02:38 PM
LOL...you are a wanted woman. I think Aleka and I will be playing tug of war with you.
"I want Dani!"
"No, I want her!"
LOL
Lyn
xoxo

Dani
January 25th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Laugh it Up fuzball

At least I know I'm loved now!

I can make time for both of you!:biggrin:

Lyn Armstrong
January 25th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Yah...we'll definately will have to go out for a drink. And I suppose that silly Aleka can come too. LOL...just kidding. Me love her long time.

Lyn
xoxo

CharmedGirl
January 27th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Lucky you Dani. I wish I could get to a book signing somewhere.

Dani
January 27th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Maybe you will ond day. See if there are any authors in Aussie that you read that will be doing some. I know there are quite a few that are down under with you. Shelley Munro is one, Denise Rossetti is another and of course Keri. You can look up your local Borders store and look at what event they have scheduled in the comming days or whatever.

CharmedGirl
January 27th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Hmmm that is a really good idea about Borders. I was there just the other day I don't know why I didn't look at their upcoming events when I normally do.

Lyn Armstrong
January 31st, 2008, 11:50 AM
Lucky you Dani. I wish I could get to a book signing somewhere.

Ah yes, but you have Tim Tams. LOL :tt2:

Karenne
January 31st, 2008, 01:02 PM
drool....Tim Tams.....drool

hollie
January 31st, 2008, 02:12 PM
Ah yes, but you have Tim Tams. LOL :tt2:

I got Tim Tams from Keri for the christmas comp but we can't get them here :(

Dani
January 31st, 2008, 02:13 PM
I still, to this day, have never had Tim Tams before. I need to have Bec send me some. LOL!

hollie
January 31st, 2008, 02:14 PM
my kids ate all mine in about 2 days Cookiesmilies

Dani
January 31st, 2008, 02:20 PM
Poor you. Did you get any at all?

hollie
January 31st, 2008, 03:12 PM
I got 2 and they didn't last till christmas like i'd planned but thats kids for you

Lyn Armstrong
January 31st, 2008, 04:32 PM
Hi Dani,

If you go to a World Market, they sometimes sell Tim Tams, but they are called something else though. I can't remember at this point in time. If I go before my book signing in Orlando, I'll pick you up a packet. ;0)

Lyn
xoox

Lyn Armstrong
January 31st, 2008, 04:34 PM
my kids ate all mine in about 2 days Cookiesmilies

Oh nooo. Bummer, Hollie.http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/xthud.gif

Dani
January 31st, 2008, 07:52 PM
Hi Dani,

If you go to a World Market, they sometimes sell Tim Tams, but they are called something else though. I can't remember at this point in time. If I go before my book signing in Orlando, I'll pick you up a packet. ;0)

Lyn
xoox
Cool Lyn, That would be totally awesome, thanks! When is the Orlando date again? That way I can get it down on my calander correctly and not screw it up. LOL!

Lyn Armstrong
February 1st, 2008, 10:17 AM
Here is my schedule for Orlando booktour:

Sat March 29 Booksigning and panel discussion
1pm Magnolia Room
Everett Kelly Convocation Centre at the Lake Sumter College

Mon March 31 Booksigning and program
4pm-6pm Paisley County Library

Tuesday April 1 Booksigning and reading
7pm PJ Coffeehouse
Public Library of Tavares

There will be more bookstores added, but for now that is what has been confirmed for the Festival of Reading Romance.

Hope to see you there.
Kisses
Lyn
xoxo

Dani
February 1st, 2008, 12:44 PM
Thank you Lyn!!! HugMe

Now all I have to do is copy this into my calander so I have it. :biggrin:

Lyn Armstrong
February 3rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
No problem, Dani. I hope we catch up some time. I promise not to eat the Tim Tams on the way there. Although....it is a long drive...LOL.

Lyn
xoxo

Dani
February 3rd, 2008, 11:09 PM
I'll understand if you do. I hear they are really yummy.

Lyn Armstrong
February 3rd, 2008, 11:15 PM
LOL...oh yeah. And you have to eat them the Aussie way. There is a certain way to bite into this cookie and then dunked into a hot drink to melt the chocolate. LOL...I've become so Americanized. It's not really a cookie, it's a bicky.

Lyn
xoxo

Dani
February 3rd, 2008, 11:19 PM
A bicky...What's that?

hollie
February 4th, 2008, 06:35 AM
a biscuit is basically anything you can dunk you call them cookies (i think) but over here a cookies are a type of bicky if that helps???

Lyn Armstrong
February 4th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks Hollie. Yes, in America you call them cookies, in Australia/UK, we call them biscuit (bicky). It's just a different term. ;0)
Since I'm an Aussie in America, I tend to talk Ausmerican.

My poor kid is so confused. LOL
Lyn

hollie
February 4th, 2008, 12:17 PM
i tend to talk Yorshire which isn't quite the same as the rest of the country when i go to cornwall (like this Friday) my nan has problems understanding the slang but that might be cos she's Welsh

Dani
February 4th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Thanks Hollie and Lyn! I had a feeling that's what it was, but I wanted to be sure. I really have to learn the lingo. LOL!

Lyn Armstrong
February 5th, 2008, 11:51 AM
LOL...no problem.

You'll soon learn it hanging around with us.

Lyn
xoox

Lyn Armstrong
February 5th, 2008, 05:54 PM
For a limited time only, I will be giving away the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> book in the Celtic series, THE CELTIC WITCH AND THE SORCERER in ebook format for everyone who buys a copy of the first book, THE LAST CELTIC WITCH from www.ResplendencePublishing.com (http://www.resplendencepublishing.com/) in ebook format.
<O:p
Once you have purchased THE LAST CELTIC WITCH, email me at lyn@lynarmstrong.com (lyn@lynarmstrong.com) and send me the order number from Resplendence Publishing book sale receipt.

May you enjoy the sensual delights of both historical romances.
Celtic series…history has never been so erotic.
Lyn Armstrong
www.LynArmstrong.com (http://www.lynarmstrong.com/)
www.myspace.com/readlynarmstrong (http://www.myspace.com/readlynarmstrong)

Lyn Armstrong
February 12th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I will be chatting with other romance authors in the Resplendence Publishing forum from 6-10pm EST. There will be lots of goodies and free giveaways, so come join us for a Valentine Day chat - Love is in the Air.

Lyn Armstrong
The Last Celtic Witch

Dani
February 12th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Cool Lyn! I'll try to make it over to say hi if I can. :biggrin:

Karenne
February 12th, 2008, 07:02 PM
yeah (clapping) I can't wait to see the turn out and hear about all of the books!Twirling

Lyn Armstrong
February 13th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Thanks Dani and Karenne. Unfortunately, I couldn't stay online for long, but I was able to post a few things. Doesn't help when there are tornado warnings around my area. Ugh!

Lyn
xoxo

hollie
February 13th, 2008, 05:17 PM
i will try to pop in but as 6 your time is 11 here i wont there for long

thanks for the card it was here when i got home from cornwall

CharmedGirl
February 14th, 2008, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the postcard Lyn. It must have arrived while I was away on holidays.

Lyn Armstrong
February 14th, 2008, 10:27 AM
You are welcome ladies. If anyone wants to recieve a postcard from me telling them about my new releases on the Celtic series go to my website and click on MAILING LIST.

So, what do you think about the new cover on THE CELTIC WITCH AND THE SORCERER? Is my hero dreamy or what? LOL smilies/cloud9.gif

Lyn Armstrong
February 14th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I had my first book signing at Barnes & Noble last night. I sat beside three wonderful authors and terrific ladies. Aleka Nakis, Nancy Cohen and Cindy Thomson. We sat on a panel and discussed our books, heros, genres and a whole host of other things.
It was a great turn out and even though the previous night Sth Florida was on tornado warnings, the weather cleared up for our event. Whew!
But I think the best part was a lady had previously brought my book, THE LAST CELTIC WITCH and came back to the bookstore to see me for an autograph. How cool is that! Warms the cockles of my heart. ;0)
I hope everyone has a great Valentines Day. http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/kiss.gif
All the best
Lyn

Dani
February 14th, 2008, 04:05 PM
If I could have driven that far I would have, but I'll see you at the end of March. Bouncy Icon Smilie

CharmedGirl
February 14th, 2008, 04:57 PM
That is great about the book signing Lyn. I bet it was a lot of fun.

Lyn Armstrong
February 15th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah. I am excited to finally meet you.

Lyn Armstrong
February 15th, 2008, 07:42 PM
That is great about the book signing Lyn. I bet it was a lot of fun.

Thanks, yes, it was a lot of fun. March is going to be huge. I have two reading festivals, three libraries and a coffeehouse to sign my books at. Whew! I'm exhausted already. LOL

CharmedGirl
February 16th, 2008, 01:44 AM
You're going to need plenty of rest. You'll definitely be exhausted once March is over.

Lyn Armstrong
February 17th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Oh yeah! But I am loving the opportunity to sign my books. Yah! It is soooo much fun.

Lyn
xoxo

hollie
February 17th, 2008, 06:14 PM
hope it all goes well for you and you wont be to busy to write more celtic witch books ~ hint hint

CharmedGirl
February 17th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I'm going searching in all the bookstores here where I live to see if I can get the first Celtic Witch book. I really want to read it and the Shivers Anthology that is now out in print because it has Nuit Aux Trois by Melinda Barron in it. LOL

Lyn Armstrong
February 18th, 2008, 09:46 AM
hope it all goes well for you and you wont be to busy to write more celtic witch books ~ hint hint

Hi Hollie,

I'm writing the third book in the Celtic series, Heart of a Warlock. But I've had to make sacrifices in scheduling "writing" time. Things had to be moved, people were dissappointed, but in the end, I had to be true to my calling, true to my creative muse.

My characters nag and nag until I sit down and tell their story. LOL

But in all truth, I wouldn't want to do anything else than write. This is my happy time. smilies/cloud9.gif

Lyn Armstrong
February 18th, 2008, 09:52 AM
I'm going searching in all the bookstores here where I live to see if I can get the first Celtic Witch book. I really want to read it and the Shivers Anthology that is now out in print because it has Nuit Aux Trois by Melinda Barron in it. LOL

Hi honey,

If you don't find The Last Celtic Witch in Australia, you can go to Amazon.com and get them to send you a copy. But if you can find my book in Australia, take a pic for me. Cause that would be so cool.
It would be nice for OZ to support one of its authors. LOL

Did you know there is a bookstore in Brisbane city that only sells romance novels. It's called Rosemary Romance. I've met Rosemary at Romantic Times Conferences in the States and have visted her store. She is really lovely. If you get to go in, tell her I said hello.

hollie
February 18th, 2008, 02:09 PM

i hope you find it it's a brillient book i can't wait to read the second one

Hi Hollie,

I'm writing the third book in the Celtic series, Heart of a Warlock. But I've had to make sacrifices in scheduling "writing" time. Things had to be moved, people were dissappointed, but in the end, I had to be true to my calling, true to my creative muse.

My characters nag and nag until I sit down and tell their story. LOL

But in all truth, I wouldn't want to do anything else than write. This is my happy time. smilies/cloud9.gif

Is it going to be a long series ~please~:smilingsun:

Lyn Armstrong
February 18th, 2008, 05:24 PM
So far Resplendence Publishing has contracted four books in the Celtic series. That is all I had originally proposed to them, but who knows, I may be persuaded to write more on the Celtic series. I also have other novels in my head just busting to be written. Either way, you'll get a lot more stories from me. http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/icons/xreading.gif

Kisses Lyn
xoxo

CharmedGirl
February 18th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Hi honey,

If you don't find The Last Celtic Witch in Australia, you can go to Amazon.com and get them to send you a copy. But if you can find my book in Australia, take a pic for me. Cause that would be so cool.
It would be nice for OZ to support one of its authors. LOL

Did you know there is a bookstore in Brisbane city that only sells romance novels. It's called Rosemary Romance. I've met Rosemary at Romantic Times Conferences in the States and have visted her store. She is really lovely. If you get to go in, tell her I said hello.

Well I definitely go searching for that bookstore Lyn. I will definitely take a pic for you if I find the book here in Australia. :turned:

Lyn Armstrong
February 19th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Yah! Thanks hon. ;0)

CharmedGirl
February 28th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Lyn I'm going to the Rosemary Romance bookstore tomorrow in the city. They have some really great books in there. I can tell now that I'm going to come home with at least twenty books. LOL

Lyn Armstrong
February 28th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Lyn I'm going to the Rosemary Romance bookstore tomorrow in the city. They have some really great books in there. I can tell now that I'm going to come home with at least twenty books. LOL

LOL, that's great. Ask Rosemary if she remembers me from Romantic Times Conference? The tall romance writer from Brisbane. Hippy

Lyn

Lyn Armstrong
March 7th, 2008, 12:05 PM
What are ebooks, you ask? No, it is not erotic books, although I love those too. LOL.
Ebooks are electronic version of a book that you can download onto your computer from a publisher’s website. What I like most about ebooks is that they are the greenest way to read. They are environmentally friendly because they don’t need paper, ink or energy for production and shipping. It’s all done over the internet.
And, for readers who like instant gratification, you can download a book within minutes and start to read immediately. Plus, ebooks are a fraction of the cost of a printed book. Yah!!!
I have an e-reader which allows you to download the book from your computer onto a handheld device which is the size of a book. E-readers can hold hundreds of books, instead of having to store them on your bookshelf at home.
Okay, I must admit, I still love the printed novel, but I am all for the convenience of taking loads of ebooks with me when I travel with the light weight of a e-reader.
Try an ebook today, whether you have an e-reader or just would like to read a book on your computer. It is super easy to do.
For one of my ebooks in the Celtic series click on the title.
Book 1 THE LAST CELTIC WITCH (http://www.resplendencepublishing.com/m8_view_item.html?m8:item=02-201-105-401-1)
Book 2 THE CELTIC WITCH AND THE SORCERER (http://www.resplendencepublishing.com/m8_view_item.html?m8:item=22-201-105-401-2)
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h303/riksza/Animated_Banner.gif
Have fun!
Lyn

Linda L Lattimer
March 7th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Lyn, that was great about the booksigning, I know I would be tap dancing all over the place...

Linda

Lyn Armstrong
March 10th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks Linda. It was really cool.

Lyn
xoxo

Lyn Armstrong
March 10th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I'm so excited. The second book in the Celtic series, THE CELTIC WITCH AND THE SORCERER has just be put on Amazon.com in print. Yah!!!
This book follows the first one, The Last Celtic Witch.
Just click on the title and it will link you to Amazon.com.
THE LAST CELTIC WITCH (http://www.amazon.com/Last-Celtic-Witch-Lyn-Armstrong/dp/0979572118/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195163466&sr=1-1)- book 1
THE CELTIC WITCH AND THE SORCERER (http://www.amazon.com/Celtic-Witch-Sorcerer-Lyn-Armstrong/dp/1934992038/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205160270&sr=8-1)- book 2
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h303/riksza/Animated_Banner.gif
Happy reading.
Lyn
xoxo

Dani
March 10th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Lyn, are you going to have this book with you at the Lake County Festival of Reading events? I'll pick up both of the books then if you will.

Lyn Armstrong
March 11th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Hi Dani,

I think I will have both books at the event. Here are the places I will be signing with Aleka.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x153/TiaFanning/AlekaandLyn.jpg

hollie
March 11th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Lyn, are you going to have this book with you at the Lake County Festival of Reading events? I'll pick up both of the books then if you will.

Dani you will love it the first one is lovely i haven't got the second one yet (hint hint) but i can't wait

Dani
March 11th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Hi Dani,

I think I will have both books at the event. Here are the places I will be signing with Aleka.
I told Aleka that I'll be seeing y'all on Saturday the 29th for sure. I'm thinking about going over on Friday night and getting a hotel room so that I don't have to get up early to drive over. Are the both of you coming up early? I also said to Aleka that maybe we could lunch together after the even, but she said something about an author meeting afterwards, so she wasn't sure. If both of you come up early and I over there early, maybe we could have dinner together or something. We'll see what happens. :)

Dani you will love it the first one is lovely i haven't got the second one yet (hint hint) but i can't wait
Hollie, if she has the 2nd book there would you like me to pick it up for you and mail it? Let me know before the 29th of the month.

Lyn Armstrong
March 12th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Hollie, you are soooo subtle. LOL. I'm still waiting on my stock to come in. Don't worry sweetie. You'll be my first email when the 2nd book hits the doorstep. ;0)

Lyn Armstrong
March 12th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Hi Dani,
Friday night sounds good. On Saturday we doing an author panel around 1pm as well as signing books all day long.
Send me an email at lynettearmstrong@hotmail.com and we can exchange info.
Kisses
Lyn
xoxo

hollie
March 12th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Hollie, if she has the 2nd book there would you like me to pick it up for you and mail it? Let me know before the 29th of the for the month.

Thanks Dani i'm just cheaking Lyn hasn't forgotten me (not that i give her much chance)

Hollie, you are soooo subtle. LOL. I'm still waiting on my stock to come in. Don't worry sweetie. You'll be my first email when the 2nd book hits the doorstep. ;0)

I know Rob's always saying that but it works with him so i tend to forget it doesn't always work with everyone smilies/bluebutterfl

Lyn Armstrong
March 13th, 2008, 10:38 AM
LOL...I love it. You can be unsubtle all you want with me. "Unsubtle" is that even a word?
Well it is now. LOL

Lyn
xoxo

hollie
March 13th, 2008, 01:06 PM
if you want it to be a word i'll agree as it descibes me well i've been
known to creep and beg as well

Lyn Armstrong
March 14th, 2008, 10:35 AM
LOL...you are too funny.

Lyn
xoox

Lyn Armstrong
March 19th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Hearing and seeing ghosts is something that is not new to me, so when my publisher from Resplendence, Leigh Collet, asked me to stay at a haunted hotel at Cassadanga, Florida with her, I thought what the heck. It should be fun.
Cassadanga is a small country town filled with mediums, psychics and spiritualists, so the energies were incredible. A huge fan of ghost hunting, Leigh had all the equipment to seek out the spirit world and record their exsistance scientifically. A human beacon for earth-bound spirits, she knew I would draw them to me, and would have a greater chance of an encounter with me on her team. With two other paranormal romance authors, we walked around the old town, experiencing and seeing shadows in the woods and amongst the old houses.
We didn't have long to wait before the spirits started to find us. The first night, it was 6am when I was sleeping on the ground on a mattress when I heard a rustling of petticoats beside me come out of the bathroom. Since the other girls were in bed on the other side of the room, I knew that when the heavy skirt touched my leg, an icy chill went through my veins, along with a loud ringing in my right ear, that a ghost was standing over me. Even though I have been touched by ghosts before, you never really get used to the deathly chill that lingers long after their presence leaves. Athough, I did not look up, I felt a lady lean over me as if to say, "What are you doing on the ground?"
I whispered to her to leave me, cause I really needed to sleep and her energies were keeping me awake. She respectfully left. I sat up and the other girls sat up too. I asked them if they felt the lady, but they said no. Only heard me whispering. Leigh was upset that no ghosts came too.
The next day, the owner told us that was a ghostly figure of a lady was seen walking into the rooms with towels. Her skirts had petticoats like in the early 1900's. I figured it was her, coming to check on the occupants and found me on the floor.
The next night, we decided to go further into our investigation. Leigh was determined to see a ghost and have one touch her. Come back tomorrow to read what happened when another ghost visited us in the middle of the night...and did not leave.
Lyn

Dani
March 19th, 2008, 05:03 PM
That sounds totally cool Lyn! I bet you'd be inundated with ghosts up in St. Augustine. That's the oldest city in FL and has pleanty of ghosts. Unfortunately, I have yet to see one everytime I've been there, but I've felt something (or one) watching me once while I was in the Castillo de San Marcos. It got cold in some areas that shouldn't have been (it was summer and high hot winds too).

Lyn Armstrong
March 19th, 2008, 06:02 PM
That sounds totally cool Lyn! I bet you'd be inundated with ghosts up in St. Augustine. That's the oldest city in FL and has pleanty of ghosts. Unfortunately, I have yet to see one everytime I've been there, but I've felt something (or one) watching me once while I was in the Castillo de San Marcos. It got cold in some areas that shouldn't have been (it was summer and high hot winds too).

Oh I love St. Augustine. It's my favorite haunted town. And some of the chambers in Castillo de San Marcos are heavy with eerie sensations. With so much bloody history, it isn't any wonder that there would be spirits lurking around. Maybe even pirates. ;0)

CharmedGirl
March 19th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Oh my pirates. I wonder if Captain Jack Sparrow is hiding there. I wouldn't mind running into him. LOL

Dani
March 20th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Oh I love St. Augustine. It's my favorite haunted town. And some of the chambers in Castillo de San Marcos are heavy with eerie sensations. With so much bloody history, it isn't any wonder that there would be spirits lurking around. Maybe even pirates. ;0)
Oooh, pirates!! That would be so cool. I have to go back soon. I miss it there. My gran was raised there, so she took my mom and I up once to show me the city (because I had never been before) and both of us where she lived (she was out on the island). I had a grand time there and loved going back for my cousin's wedding. Of course I just love going up there on the weekend for down time.

Have you been to the lighthouse there? I've never been, but I'll get there someday. I usually stay around St. George Street and head over to Potter's Wax Museum to see if they have any new additions.

hollie
March 20th, 2008, 10:15 AM
i love ghost stories we have loads of them in York every thing from Roman soilders to a child who died durring the plague (but not from it). i'm spoiled when it comes to stuff like that York is still the most haunted City in Europe

Lyn Armstrong
March 20th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Hi Dani,

Yes, I have been to the lighthouse in St. Augustine. I think it was after the Ghost Hunters have been there. I seemed to be following them around unintentionally. LOL. Well that is what I am telling their lawyers. LOL.

Lyn Armstrong
March 20th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Oh my pirates. I wonder if Captain Jack Sparrow is hiding there. I wouldn't mind running into him. LOL

Hmm, running into Captain Jack Sparrow...maybe I can write a book on it. LOL. Do you think Disney would get cranky if I made it into an erotica? LOL

Lyn Armstrong
March 20th, 2008, 11:43 AM
i love ghost stories we have loads of them in York every thing from Roman soilders to a child who died durring the plague (but not from it). i'm spoiled when it comes to stuff like that York is still the most haunted City in Europe

I loved living in England. All that history and old buildings. I can imagine how haunted York could be. Do you have any ghost stories, Hollie?

Or does anyone want to share their experiences? Feel free to tell all. :err:

hollie
March 20th, 2008, 05:54 PM
oh god theres over 100 ghosts and over 500 hauntings(never understood the difference) we have ghost walks every evening (best in winter it's darker) and exabitions they even have a festival (never been) its part of the life here even people who say they don't believe in ghosts will tell you about the roman army under the lord mayors house and i know from expeience the theatre royal is haunted by this creepy grey lady who keeps putting lights on in locked boxes

Lyn Armstrong
March 20th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Okay, let's continue the ghostly saga of my weekend. When we left off yesterday, I had a lady ghost touch me in the middle of the night, waking me up with chills.
My friend, Leigh really wanted to find a ghost and have it touch her. So paranormal romance writer, Tara Greenbaum, Leigh and I used special equipment to record ghostly experiences. Late at night, it was quiet in the small and dark town. An eerie coldness crept into the night air as we walked around the deserted streets. After finding odd cold spots, we walked toward the edge of town, into a darkened park.
It was so odd. We were told not to go into the trees or to leave the town's edge, but we wanted to see what was out there.
The single lamp in the park flicked off, completing the spooky feel. By taking only a few steps into the park, the temperature dropped about 50 degrees.
We then went back to the hotel and took some photos and tried to record EVP's (Electronic Voice Phenomena) that could not heard by the human ears. Sitting down in the dark parlor, Leigh saw a short black shadow run past the window behind my head. But other than that, we didn't feel anything around us.
So off to bed we went.
I heard a tap, tap on the wall next to me, which made me jump. Because we were on the 2nd story floor and the other side of the wall was outside. Then I crawled into bed and heard scratching noises that Leigh also heard. But then it stopped.
After settling in bed, I went to sleep. A few hours later I woke from a humming noise in my ear that sounded like a plane flying really close. But it wasn't. Then I felt something touch me, sending icy chills up my arm. I woke up and said, "Hello".
Sitting up I shook Leigh awake and told her there was a child in the room. I asked the child to come forward and touch my friend. Leigh put her hands out and then felt the same sensation as I did. At last she had contact.
We had bubble wrap in our room and the child began to pop the bubbles. The spirit was fascinated with it. For hours the ghostly child popped those bubbles. Since I wasn't going to get any sleep, I got up and digged out more bubble wrap, but this time, the bubbles were huge, so the sound would be louder.
I put it on the chair and went back to bed. After a couple of minutes I heard.
Pop, pop, pop. It was so cute.
The next morning the owner told us a little girl has been seen waundering the halls looking for her mother. I'm thinking, she had fun in our room the night before. http://x.myspace.com/images/blog/smileys/complacent.gif
All in all, Cassadanga was an incredible experince. One I am willing to visit again and again. Next time I want to visit one of the mediums.
Lyn

Lyn Armstrong
March 20th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Wow, Hollie, that sounds like fun. I love going on ghost tours. Even if just to get the historical side of events and places.