PDA

View Full Version : Meet Gage Cantrell

bettysbassboat
September 27th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I enjoy writing a series. I guess it’s because I loved Dallas and Knots Landing. The back-stabbing, the scheming for more control, wealth and power, and the romances were great entertainment, but what I really liked most was seeing the same characters each week and getting to know more about them. As each show progressed into another year, we saw how the characters grew. Or what happened to them if they had left the show for a spell and then returned—just like in real life when you haven’t spoken to someone in so long and spend two hours on the phone catching up.

Johanna Lindsey was the first author I read who incorporated some of Dallas and Knots Landing into her work with her Malory clan. To this day, I enjoy every novel she writes about this wonderful, larger-than-life family, because even when she introduces new heroes and heroines, she brings back other members of the family so we can see how their lives have progressed. When I began writing the Weston Family Series, I wanted to do the same—keep the family growing and glimpsing what their lives have been like as the years passed. And now I’ve created another series, The Revolving Point, Texas Series. The heroes are outlaws turning to the right side of the law, and each story shows how previous heroes and heroines have settled into happy-ever-after while helping the town to rebuild after a fire nearly destroyed it. I introduced you to Buck and Roth last time, two heroes I hope you’ve taken to heart. Now meet the third hero—Gage Cantrell.

Gage Cantrell.

Ornery. Full of tom-foolery. I’ve had a Pinkerton on my trail for six years now. Think it’s about time I let him catch up to me and settle the matter—my way.

I wasn’t always in trouble with the law. In fact, I was studying to become an attorney. Growing up in Chicago, the son of a wealthy business magnate, it was expected of me to follow in my father’s footsteps. Make a good living. Marry a proper woman. Reside in a fancy mansion. Fate intervened, and here I am with a new identity, palming aces, robbing banks, enjoying the escape—with a posse on my tail and bullets flying over my head— more than the robbery itself, evading that damn Pinkerton. I can never go back home. And even if I could, I wouldn’t. Got something here in Texas that’s worth my staying put. And showing my face to the Pinkerton. After I send the bastard packing, I’ll claim Debra for my own.

If she’ll have me.