PDA

View Full Version : <gasp> So many participants!

Rayne Hall
September 30th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Hi all,

So many people have joined this seminar and are sending assignments, I'm overwhelmed! I'd expected maybe a dozen.

Since I promised everyone feedback for their assignments, and I'll cancel everything else I'd planned for today so I can keep my promise.

However, I've stopped writing individual replies to the introductions. There's no way I can keep those up as well. Will you please forgive me and accept a general "Hello all, good to have you here" ? :-)

Rayne

layssa
September 30th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Hi Rayne
Sorry your weekend's shot.

Would really love to be generous and say, hey, I'll bow out if you like, but darn it - I ticked this one way back, so... sorry.

Grab another shot of caffeine, be it in coffee form or chocolate.

Hope you meant it when you said 'good to have you here....' (hehehehehehe)

ColleenS
September 30th, 2012, 06:19 AM
There is nothing to forgive. Thank you so much for spending time with us today. We appreciate your help.

Best

Colleen.

Rayne Hall
September 30th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Of course I meant it. I'm delighted to have so many participants.

And I love critiquing! It's one of my favourite pastimes, splashing red ink over another writer's prose. :-)

I'm happy with how things have turned out. I'm just overwhelmed and wish the day would stretch to 48 hours so I could devote more time to every one.

<thinking> Maybe this is the perfect excuse for cancelling the following: kitchen tidy, bathroom clean, paperwork... :-D

layssa
September 30th, 2012, 06:48 AM
I do so love the way you prioritise, Rayne!

Cheers
Layssa

Of course I meant it. I'm delighted to have so many participants.

And I love critiquing! It's one of my favourite pastimes, splashing red ink over another writer's prose. :-)

I'm happy with how things have turned out. I'm just overwhelmed and wish the day would stretch to 48 hours so I could devote more time to every one.

<THINKING>Maybe this is the perfect excuse for cancelling the following: kitchen tidy, bathroom clean, paperwork... :-D

Fatherdragon1
September 30th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Geez! And here I was hoping for a second round of red ink, hahaha. It was fun anyway. I'm up for one of the longer seminars with you. :smartass:

Dragon :red_dragon:

HywelaLyn
September 30th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Yes, I was hoping for a second round too - but I'm very appreciative of the help with the excerpt I posted from my current WIP - and I really want to take part in one of the month long seminars too. Thanks so much Rayne.

Rayne Hall
September 30th, 2012, 11:38 AM
:-D If there was the time, I'd happily give everyone a second round of red ink, even a third.

Rayne Hall
September 30th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Be warned: In the month-long seminars, I make my students work! Some people like that. Some don't. :-D

Rayne Hall
September 30th, 2012, 11:43 AM
If you want to send in a second version, I may be able to critique it, depending on how many assignments arrive. If it slackens off, I may still be able to fit you in.

Rayne Hall
September 30th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I think I may have been rather too effective at promoting this seminar :-D

bonelover13
September 30th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I sent in a second draft to the assignments page under your response. Where should I have sent it?

JerryR
September 30th, 2012, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=Rayne Hall;164521]Hi all,

So many people have joined this seminar and are sending assignments, I'm overwhelmed! I'd expected maybe a dozen.

Since I promised everyone feedback for their assignments, and I'll cancel everything else I'd planned for today so I can keep my promise.

However, I've stopped writing individual replies to the introductions. There's no way I can keep those up as well. Will you please forgive me and accept a general "Hello all, good to have you here" ? :-)

Rayne[/QUOre]

Rahyne,
I posted my lesson yesterday. now i can't find the page it's on.
Did you get the lesson?

jerry Race

Rayne Hall
September 30th, 2012, 07:01 PM
I don't remember your name (so many new names at once!) but I'll see if I can find it. Just a moment.

Rayne Hall
September 30th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Hi Jerry,
I checked and found that you had indeed posted an excerpt in the right folder but it wasn't about the assignment I'd set (unless was thick and missed something). I'm pasting it below so you can find it.
I didn't see the actual assignment (10-250 words about a character entering through a door on a way to danger) from you.
Sorry, I have to go to bed now. It's past midnight and I'm tiiiiiiired. :-)
Rayne
JerryR Okay. hopefully I'm not as... (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/showthread.php?t=26711&p=164508#post164508) Yesterday, 11:00 PM
http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/styles/coffee/misc/tree_i.gifhttp://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/styles/coffee/misc/tree_ltr.gifhttp://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/styles/coffee/statusicon/post_old.png Rayne Hall Hi Jerry, The Assignment is... (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/showthread.php?t=26711&p=164516#post164516) Today, 03:52 AM

Rayne Hall
September 30th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Thanks for telling me. I'll go there. But it won't be tonight (It's past midnight here and I'm too tired to concentrate) or tomorrow (because my month-long seminar starts tomorrow and will need my full attention) but hopefully in the next few days. I assume we'll be able to access the threads still.
If the threads get locked or if I forget, contact me by email: rayne_hall_author@yahoo.com