PDA

View Full Version : Teri Smith Memorial Draw

sjwilling
October 8th, 2007, 08:55 PM
It's been almost a year now since my wife passed on--just two weeks before her first book was published.

In order to celebrate her life and her achievement in getting published, which was one of her life long desires, her co-author and I are running the Teri Smith Memorial draw.

It is very easy to enter so please come along and make this contest and remembrance of a very special woman, wife and mother something very special.

All the details and how the enter the draw are here (http://home.comcast.net/~sjmsmith44/contests.html).

I look forward to seeing you all, and wish you all a long, happy and successful life.

S.J. Willing.

CharmedGirl
October 8th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks SJ for letting us know about this contest. It's great that you're putting this up in rememberance of your late wife.

The question that you have to answer is really cool. I have some answers but I just have to choose which one to put

sjwilling
October 8th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Thanks Bec,

Once I've done a few more things on the PC am going to try and get on and play on the forum some :)

Been missing it.

S.J.

CharmedGirl
October 9th, 2007, 12:43 AM
That's cool SJ.

We've been wondering where you've been...well I have anyway :lol:

Dani
October 12th, 2007, 12:46 AM
This is great S.J.!

And Bec's wasn't the only one wondering where you were. :biggrin:

sjwilling
October 12th, 2007, 09:21 AM
:lol: I've got too many things on the boil Hmm let me see Here's my list of current tasks.

1. Write on Dante I
2. Try and sort out three years of Medical insurance mess (They're still trying to charge me for some of my late wife's medical costs) I have two archive boxes full of paper work for this :(
3. Pack up house hold for the coming move
4. Write newsletter
5. Maintain LiveJournal, Blogger, Beyond the Veil, Passionate Prose, MySpace blogs.
6. Prepare promo items for Epic and RT conferences
7. Chat here (yay!)
8. Write on Valencius, Space Burps and try and get a new novel started and finished for a January contest.
9. Fend off the constant attentions of a permanently hungry kitty
10. Spend at least an hour a day petting and comforting my Ties. Poor things get so lonely stuck in the closet all year.
11. everything else which doesn't fall into one of the above

See, where are my evil octuplets when I need them? They always vanish when there's work to be done.

:censored:

S.J.

Dani
October 13th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Dang S.J., that's a lot of work!

So, you're going to RT? I'm going to try to go myself. Here's hoping!!:biggrin:

CharmedGirl
October 13th, 2007, 12:49 AM
That sounds like a lot of work SJ.

Evil twins don't like to do work at all. They like to have fun. LOL

sjwilling
October 26th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for making this such a wonderful draw. We had so many people enter in the end that we had to add five more prizes to the original one we started with. Anyway to cut to the quick here are the lucky winners of the Teri Smith (and Genevieve Ward) Memorial Draw.

First prize : Danielle Keith
Second Prize : Bethann Miller
Third Prize : bredwell1434
Fourth Prize : Carolyn overholser
Fifth prize : Jen
Sixth Prize : Heather Bailey

Keep an eye on your mailboxes guys as I've already sent out the mail on how to claim your gifts.

Thank you all for participating and making this remembrance very special.

S.J.

Dani
October 26th, 2007, 05:13 PM
I get to say thanks you again to you here too! :biggrin:

I think I've thanked you a million times in messages last night and then in the Samhian Yahoo group earlier today, but I don't mind at all.:lol:

CharmedGirl
November 7th, 2007, 06:36 AM
Wow Dani you won another prize.

Congratulations!

Dani
November 7th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks! :biggrin:

It was the luck of the draw! :lol:

sjwilling
November 7th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Oh, hey, I finally managed to get those boxes finished and most of the prizes off. they should be there within a week. Will send copies of Teri's book when they get delivered.

S.J. <--- scurrying around the house trying to pack. :errrr:

Dani
November 7th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Cool S.J.! Cheerleader

Good luck with the move. I hope it goes smoothly for y'all. :biggrin:

I'll be back to chat more later. I'm off to Colin's doctor's appointment.

CharmedGirl
November 8th, 2007, 05:03 AM
Good luck with the move SJ.

Dani
November 8th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I got my package today S.J.!!! Cheerleader

Thanks so much I love everything in it. :biggrin: