PDA

View Full Version : Five Star Review for SEE ME from Night Owl Reviews!!

Natalie-Nicole
November 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM
SEE ME has just received a Five Star Review from Night Owl Reviews (http://www.nightowlreviews.com/nor/Reviews/Cateyblair-reviews-See-Me-by-Natalie-Nicole-Bates.aspx)! How fabulous is that?!

Score: 5.00 / 5 - Reviewer Top Pick

Since she was a little girl, Charlotte Anders knew she was special—she just didn’t know why. It’s 1896 as the story opens, and all Charlotte wants is to become a funeral director like her father. A tragic fire at a lumber mill changes Charlotte’s life forever, and that of a young man who has perished in the fire.

Flash forward to the present day and we find Carly (formerly Charlotte) still very much alive and still mourning the death decades earlier of her beloved husband Jamie. Carly has lost contact with her only other eternal friend, Xander, and now she’s hearing voices in her head.
Carly accepts an invitation from an online friend to help him appraise his collection of Victorian photographs in hopes that the persistent suitor in her head will sense a male presence and leave her in peace.

Little does Carly know that Daniel Tremont is someone special, too. Not only is he eternal like she is, but he’s the young man from the lumber mill fire all those years earlier. Daniel has been searching for Carly for over one hundred years, and now that he has found her, he has no intentions of letting her go. But can he make her see who he really is?

SEE ME is a cleverly written paranormal romance novella flavored with a bit of horror. We meet Carly and Daniel, who are both eternal and searching for the missing pieces in their life. The reader is not bogged down with tons of fancifully written backstory, but introduced via a love story to two people who through no real fault of their own cannot die and are just struggling to get along with a never ending future. Emotionally driven, we feel their pain, we see their struggle, we elate in their happiness. The beauty of this story is its simplicity. When simple is done right it is beautiful, and SEE ME is beautiful. The quintessential paranormal romance.