PDA

View Full Version : The Perilous Pumpkin Contest

sjwilling
October 16th, 2007, 10:04 PM
It's Pumpkin time again and I desperately need your :helpsmilie:!

Whisper the witching cat has a contest for you at this hallowed hour.

http://home.comcast.net/~sjmsmith44/sj_willing/newsletters/images/whisper_hat2.jpg

Following a weird dream I had the other night here are three pumpkins representing the three evil pumpkins in my dream that tried to hunt me down. There was Shotgunseed, Scythestalker and the most evil of all...

http://home.comcast.net/~sjmsmith44/sj_willing/newsletters/images/halloween_pumpkins.jpg

And therein lies the problem. They refused to stop hunting me until I could name the third and most evil pumpkin -- or invested in a sixty pound bag of kitty treats. Whisper swears they have nothing to do with her! So the competition is to foil the cute little witch kitty and name the third pumpkin for me.

If you would like to enter the contest, and there are a bunch of halloween trick and treat bags to be won. Leave a response here with your name for the evil pumpkin. And hopefully one of you will find the right name and scourge the evil pumpkin once and for all.

Please try to save me and my bank balance from a fate worse than :death: . Whisper has given me until Midnight EST on 31st October to find the name or the Pumpkins will be using me for pie!

*shivers*

S.J.

tree220
October 16th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Rumplestiltskin FlyingWitch

sjwilling
October 16th, 2007, 11:29 PM
:lol:

No fair that's been used before.

:) Oh, alright I can put you in the draw. :) I'm such a nice guy.

Besides which someone has hidden Mildred.

:(

S.J.

Dani
October 16th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Beelzebubumpkin

I know I have a strange mind!

I put Mildred up for your own good S.J., so if you want her back you need to behave youself and use her for the right reasons and not cutting people up. :roflmao:

sjwilling
October 16th, 2007, 11:57 PM
Cutting peeps up :wideeyed: :eek: :innocent: :whistling: :swoon:

Moi?

Never.

:winkiss:

lol love the name thanks for entering

S.J.

Dani
October 17th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Sure, act all innocent now, but I know what's going to happen when you get her back! :lol:

Glad you like the name. I though it was fitting seeing that the last pumpkin looks devilish. :biggrin:

sjwilling
October 17th, 2007, 12:08 AM
yeh he does doesn't he. maybe that's why he's the most evil :arghhhh:

S.J.

CharmedGirl
October 17th, 2007, 12:56 AM
OMG that chainsaw has gone into hiding finally. Now hopefully it's safe to walk in the woods

Dani
October 17th, 2007, 12:57 AM
Hehehehe!! He's not going to like that you said that! :whistling:

sjwilling
October 17th, 2007, 01:55 AM
*sniff* It's always been safe to walk in the woods. Just as long as you didn't go with me :)

And I don't get it, why do my pics keep not showing up for this contest *sigh*

S.J.

Dani
October 17th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Not sure about the pics. I had to right click and click on show picture to get them to show the first time and since then they've worked.

sjwilling
October 17th, 2007, 02:13 AM
It's really weird sometimes the pics show up for me and sometimes they don't

:(

S.J.

Dani
October 17th, 2007, 02:19 AM
It happens and it's okay for now. :biggrin:

LesleySpeller
October 17th, 2007, 09:45 AM
How about...
Lucifuge Pumpacale
hehehe

sjwilling
October 17th, 2007, 10:14 AM
:LOL: cute name Lesley

S.J

Carolan Ivey
October 17th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Gourdzilla.

sjwilling
October 17th, 2007, 01:21 PM
:roflmao:

Nice one!

S.J.

BethRe
October 19th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Count Gourd-devil

sjwilling
October 20th, 2007, 02:58 AM
:whoohoo: Thank you BethRe and welcome to CTR :)

It's always exciting to meet new people on the forum.

Whatever you do though don't believe all the nasty rumors you hear about me. Only a few of them aren't true...

S.J.

christy
October 20th, 2007, 11:33 AM
HoW aBoUt DeMoNsEeD?

sjwilling
October 20th, 2007, 11:36 AM
LOL nice one, I like it. Thanks Christy.

:notworthy:

S.J.

christy
October 20th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Or... Spawn of Cucurbita *

*Pumpkin Seed is an herbal medicine used for bladder irritation, problems with urinating, and kidney stones.
Another name for Pumpkin Seed is: Cucurbita pepo

sjwilling
October 20th, 2007, 11:51 AM
LOL I could have done with some of them a couple months back.

Had a blocked kidney because of a 3/4 inch kidney stone, which led to a six week infection. That was a fun time... not.

Interesting herbal fact. Wish I knew more about herbs I'd love to be able to include them in my writing more.

S.J.

christy
October 20th, 2007, 11:59 AM
OUCH! Hope you're doing better.

I wish I knew more about herbs also...my massage therapist talks alot about them and also about essential oils. I'd like to take a class.

sjwilling
October 20th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Doing much better now thanks, :)

A course on herbs, or even a really big book on them would be nice, I've always been fascinated reading about them. I learned a little while back that all the old apothecary recipes that used "blood of toad" and "eye of bat" stuff, those terms were apparently names they used to describe certain bits of certain flowers. So an Apothecary knew exactly what herbal ingredients to use for his mixes.

Things like that fascinate me.

:smartass:

S.J.

A.E. Rought
October 20th, 2007, 04:20 PM
How about:

Luseedfer the Red or Vlad Pumpkul?

sjwilling
October 20th, 2007, 05:56 PM
LOL very apt... Thanks A.E.

S.J.

jmiller
October 24th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Gyphon the High Vulk.

BethRe
October 24th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I have also suffered from large kidney stones I had one that was an inch had 6 lithotripsys to get rid of it I ended up in the hospital 11 times that year. I totally sympathize with you

sjwilling
October 29th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Ouch Beth, yeah, Lithotripsy isn't fun at the best of times. My icky was the kidney infection that took six weeks to clear.

Hope you're doing better now.

S.J.