PDA

View Full Version : The Story of Me

wordsmith
October 17th, 2007, 04:06 PM
"Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after." - Anne Morrow Lindbergh

"Write only if you cannot live without writing. Write only what you alone can write." - Elie Wiesel

Well, I hardly know where - or how - to begin. I've been a writer almost as long as I've been. After learning to read from my older brother and sister when I was four, I was writing by age five. My first creative writing project came along about a year later. I did have the good sense to lose all of those early efforts long ago.

My reading taste as well as my writing is fairly eclectic -- Mystery, Adventure, Spy Thriller, Family Saga, Historical Romance, Fantasy ... Short story, novella, novel, fiction, non-fiction.

Hey! I'm easy.

I've been marginally published but still waiting for that "now, at last, I can retire from my 'day job' and focus on my writing," sale. I'm currently trying to get cover letters finished on two manuscripts and get submissions out to agents. That shouldn't take long ... a year, two at the most. I stumbled across Coffee Time while cruising for Writers Forums (which is one of my favorite methods of avoiding working on my submissions.) Bad, bad.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Dani
October 17th, 2007, 04:35 PM
:welcome: wordsmith!

We're glad that you found us here at CTR and hope you have a great time here with us reading and posting. :biggrin:

Good luck with your manuscripts! Cheerleader

Karenne
October 17th, 2007, 09:49 PM
So happy that you have joined our forum family!

Can't wait to learn more from you!Twirling

Susan Kelley
October 18th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Glad you're here and that you've found one of my favorite ways to procrastinate also. But never underestimate the importance of the networking you do on cool places like this. Coffee Time is one of my favorite places to visit and read what's happening. I love the 'digging' questions and they do great reviews. Have fun and get to work on those cover letters.

ChristieSilvers
October 19th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Welcome Wordsmith! It's very nice to meet you. :)

sjwilling
October 20th, 2007, 01:49 AM
Hey, Mildred Fodder! Dani, you didn't tell me we had new victims, Uhm, members here.

:biggrin:

S.J.

Dani
October 20th, 2007, 02:15 AM
I was trying to save any newbies from your invite into the woods. :roflmao:

sjwilling
October 20th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Did I mention anything about the woods? did I? did I? All I mentioned was introducing them to Mildred.

See.

I'm not such a bad guy after all.

:whistling:

S.J.

Dani
October 20th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Yeah, but Mildred is a chainsaw and you also said victims and I know what that means.

:lol:

wordsmith
October 20th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Hey, Mildred Fodder! Dani, you didn't tell me we had new victims, Uhm, members here.

:biggrin:

S.J.

I remember the trees of the wood when they were no more than seedlings. I birthed them and nurtured them, tended them when they were in pain, consoled them when they suffered. I have protected them and they have cradled me. We have shared the knowledge of life through the ages and I have called them each by name.

If I were you, swill... er... sjwilling, I'd go easy with the vic label until you know who you're dealing with. Just for now, though, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

But consider yourself warned!

Dani
October 20th, 2007, 10:46 PM
WooHoo! Nice job wordsmith! :biggrin:

He's really a funny guy, but he likes to chop things up out in the woods and I don't mean trees. :whistling:

sjwilling
October 21st, 2007, 10:02 AM
Did I say victim... Silly me...

I meant Mildred's friends....

Surely you don't mind if Mildred has friends...

S.J.

Dani
October 21st, 2007, 05:49 PM
As long as Mildred keeps her chains off the people. :biggrin:

CharmedGirl
October 21st, 2007, 06:38 PM
Welcome to CTR Wordsmith.

Don't mind SJ he tries to get everyone into the woods for the party...ummm just say no to the party and you'll be perfectly safe. LOL

wordsmith
October 22nd, 2007, 08:17 AM
Welcome to CTR Wordsmith.

Don't mind SJ he tries to get everyone into the woods for the party...ummm just say no to the party and you'll be perfectly safe. LOL

I never object to a good party. And then afterward, I can reminisce with the ... um ... survivors.

sjwilling
October 23rd, 2007, 12:03 AM
Me and Mildred like to make friends don't we Dani?

:)

S.J.

CharmedGirl
October 23rd, 2007, 12:04 AM
Lucky Dani took Mildred off you SJ. Otherwise no one would be safe. LOL

Dani
October 23rd, 2007, 12:14 AM
Me and Mildred like to make friends don't we Dani?

S.J.
You two like to make friends alright.

What I'm wondering is which parts you're out of now that you want Mildred back to help you get.

:roflmao:

sjwilling
October 23rd, 2007, 12:21 AM
Well I need a couple of Archies. I'm thinking of starting the golden Archies Handburger joints.

Uhm, angus cows and hamburgers...

S.J.

Dani
October 23rd, 2007, 12:25 AM
Uh huh...Sure you do. Now tell me what you really want! :lol:

CharmedGirl
October 23rd, 2007, 12:29 AM

Ummm Dani by the sounds of your post he wants the spice girls to come to the party and sing. The first ever song they sung called Wannabe had those exact words in it.

"I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want"

:lol:

Dani
October 23rd, 2007, 12:32 AM
You just had to go there didn't you?

And I already got that song in my head thank you very much.

CharmedGirl
October 23rd, 2007, 12:35 AM
Hey you're not the only one that is singing the Spice Girls song now

:arghhhh:

sjwilling
October 23rd, 2007, 12:40 AM

Uhm, a big lottery win, a movie contract with Stephen Spielsberg, five books in the New York Times bestsellers list, having to turn down guest of honor slots at conventions due to over demands on my time...

AND I WANT MY MILDRED BACK!

But that last one isn't too important

S.J.

CharmedGirl
October 23rd, 2007, 12:44 AM

S.J.

That isn't going to happen :lol:

Dani
October 23rd, 2007, 12:46 AM
Uhm, a big lottery win, a movie contract with Stephen Spielsberg, five books in the New York Times bestsellers list, having to turn down guest of honor slots at conventions due to over demands on my time...

But that last one isn't too important

S.J.
You don't want much do you? :lol:

sjwilling
October 23rd, 2007, 12:52 AM
*Pets George*

Uhm, Who's Mildred?

:devil:

S.J.

Dani
October 23rd, 2007, 12:55 AM
:wideeyed: You're bad! I'm telling Mildred!! :P:

CharmedGirl
October 23rd, 2007, 01:01 AM
OMG poor Mildred. She'll feel like she's not loved anymore. awwww

wordsmith
October 23rd, 2007, 08:02 AM
Well I need a couple of Archies. I'm thinking of starting the golden Archies Handburger joints.

Uhm, angus cows and hamburgers...

Come to thnk of it, I haven't seen Angus around. Hmmmmmm. And where is Archie??????????

sjwilling
October 23rd, 2007, 11:35 AM
Off to <S>be</S> get a sandwich?

S.J (file://\\S.J).

Dani
October 23rd, 2007, 12:15 PM
*shakes head* What did you do to Angus and Archie, S.J.?

I know you're guilty of something. You have that look in your eyes.

sjwilling
October 23rd, 2007, 12:16 PM
*Wipes tomato ketchup off chin*

Me?

:innocent:

S.J.

Dani
October 23rd, 2007, 12:21 PM
:rolleyes: I can't believe you. Even without Mildred you still manage to act up.

*note to self...Get George away from S.J.*

sjwilling
October 23rd, 2007, 12:24 PM
:LOL:

I've only had a few years to practice being evil, Uhm, I mean for my evil octuplets to learn how to be evil.

They're doing pretty well huh?

:eek:

S.J.

Dani
October 23rd, 2007, 12:35 PM
I think it's about time that I find the pretty jackets that tie in the back for you and the octuplets. :biggrin:

wordsmith
October 24th, 2007, 05:20 PM
*Wipes tomato ketchup off chin*

Me?

:innocent:

S.J.

First time I've ever seen O neg ketchup.

Hmmm. I'm starting to get a little suspicious about this place.

Dani
October 24th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Just don't go to the woods with him by yourself and you'll be just fine. :lol:

Linda L Lattimer
October 25th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Hello Wordsmith and welcome, it is good to have you with us

Linda

wordsmith
October 25th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks, Linda. Has anyone ever called you Triel (tri-L)?

Now a serious question. It seems rather sleepy on most of the boards here. Several promising threads but they are all covered in cobwebs by now and nothing else happening.

What's up?

Dani
October 25th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Well one reason is that no one's been discussing on them lately and another is that not everyone looks all over at the different areas to see what's being said. I know, sad, but true. :(

You are more than welcome to start them up again if you have a comment you'd like to make about what's been said. I've had to do that with a couple of threads before.

sjwilling
October 26th, 2007, 01:31 AM
It also helps if you get me walloping them with Mildred, when Dani lets me :)

Seriously I think people need encouragement to keep the threads up, part of the tutorial I want to write will mention the need to be proactive on the threads as a way of drawing folks in to listen to what you have to say too.

The CTR forum is like any other part of RL, participation increases recognition, increases the fun, enjoyment factor.

I rather like the joke section in Keri's lobby thread. I can tell bad jokes all day and peeps laugh at them. :)

Hey, Dani, I think I must be sick... I was serious for more than a paragraph...

:swoon:

S.J.

Dani
October 26th, 2007, 01:41 AM
OMG!! It's a miracle...I think I'm gonna faint from the excitment!

I'm very proud of you for being serious for a change. :biggrin:

wordsmith
October 26th, 2007, 09:46 AM
It also helps if you get me walloping them with Mildred, when Dani lets me :)

I rather like the joke section in Keri's lobby thread. I can tell bad jokes all day and peeps laugh at them. :)

Don't let it go to your head; they're just being polite. With Mildred there with you they're too chicken not to!

Now we'll just have to see what we can do to liven up the rest of this place. Go, therefore, S.J., and spread joy and excitement and wonderment throughout the boards.

iow, go stir things up and cause some trouble.