PDA

View Full Version : Come chat with me Friday Dec 21st PST 9:00 - 5:00 - Prizes!

Deanna Jewel
December 20th, 2012, 12:52 PM

I will be in here most of the day Friday so I hope you have time to stop in and chat about my new book, Whispers at Ghost Point. It will be available Sunday evening at your favorite online stores! All who comment will be in the drawings to win some last minute gift cards for Christmas plus copies of my e-books throughout the day!

Please share the link so we can have a fun crowd on Friday. If all goes well, I'll probably be back Friday night also! Feel free to leave a comment now and I'll count those for the 10:00 am giveaway for a $10 gift card to get us started! Sound like fun? I hope to see all of you here sometime Friday! Thanks so much!

Why do we love being frightened when we read? Do some stories just scare the hell out of you? LOL Tell us about some of the those book titles! For me, there were a few....Ashes to Ashes by Tami Hoag to name one! I kept the lights on!

See you Friday!! Bring your friends!

PS - You will need to register here and log in to be included in the chat but it's a great site for readers!

lynnareynolds
December 20th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Good Evening Deanna: I'm hoping to stop by tomorrow to "chat". If not, I hope everyone has a great time. Enjoy your holidays! I hope you will have time to sit back and enjoy the time. :propeller2:

Holly V
December 21st, 2012, 12:24 AM
Hello,thank you. Look forward to chatting with you tomorow.

Deanna Jewel
December 21st, 2012, 01:07 PM
Welcome everyone! I'm happy to see a few of you here this morning....or afternoon, depending on your time zone! For those who might want to click over and read about my new release coming out Sunday night, Click HERE (http://authorcharmainegordon.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/whispersatghostpoint-by-deanna-jewel) to also get your entry in at the interview! Today is the last day to get in on another $10 gift card!

To keep reading the posts here, just refresh your browser. Contest drawing times are: 11:00, 2:00 and 5:00 PST

So...what scares you most when you read and what are some of the books that have scared you?

katsrus
December 21st, 2012, 03:09 PM
What scares me the most when I read is that I am not going to like the book. Or sometimes I will get to the end and go is that it? Very rare but; it happens. I think I have only not finished a book once cause I just didn't get it. And if your talking scary book I really haven't read any. But; I would say any demons. Anything to do with true stories of them. Shivering.

Deanna Jewel
December 21st, 2012, 03:48 PM
Sue, thanks for stopping in! YOU are the winner of the 11:00 drawing! Whoohoo!

There are demons in Whispers at Ghost Point!!! I can't wait to get it out there tomorrow night!

I like the suspense thrillers...makes me leave the lights on for a while when I finish reading! What a chicken! LOL

katsrus
December 21st, 2012, 04:24 PM
Wohoo! Thank you! I better not read it in the dark. LOL. Still looking forward to your book even if it has demons. Scares me more when I watch my ghost shows on TV just before bed and real people say they see them. LOL. The supsense thrillers do keep me on the edge of my seat if it's a good one but; I usually want to read it to the end to find out what happens. LOL. Everyone must be working today or shoveling some snow. We got hit with a lot of snow yesterday.

katsrus
December 21st, 2012, 04:25 PM
I forgot to leave my email in case you need it.
katsrus(at)gmail(dot)com

Misty_G
December 21st, 2012, 05:26 PM
What scares me the most is when I am getting into a really good scary book and I have totally lost myself in it and then something in my house will make a noise and I just sky high. The book that probably scared me the most was the set I read as a preteen about an evil that takes over cheerleaders bodies.

Misty_G
December 21st, 2012, 05:37 PM
So I'm not sure how to post on this but I'm going to try this way. The thing that scares me when reading is when you are so into a scary book that you are lost in it and then something will make a noise in your house and you jump sky high. The story that scared me the most was a series I read as a preteen by R.L. Stine called the Cheerleader Series. Cheesy I know but it did.

Deanna Jewel
December 21st, 2012, 06:06 PM
Hi Misty! I totally understand what you mean! It's happened to me and also happened while writing Whispers. I was at a spooky part when a shadow passed by my window outside and scared me right out of the story! Does that mean the book is good? LOL I sure hope so! Thanks for stopping by...

Misty, YOU are the 2:00 winner of the $10 gift card!! Thanks so much and enjoy! leave me your email addy!

Misty_G
December 21st, 2012, 06:08 PM
hope_170@hotmail.com and Thank you