PDA

View Full Version : Intro - Maura Anderson

Maura Anderson
October 26th, 2007, 12:02 AM
(Not the Maura that's already here).

My name is Maura Anderson, I'm an author paranormal and contemporary erotic romance and published through Aspen Mountain press. CoffeeTime gave me a very lovely review of my first book - Del Fantasma: Texas Tea (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/BookReviews/Delfantasmatexastea.html)and I discovered these forums when poking around the site after that.

I'm a software engineer by day and I'm a wife, mom and author by night. I have cats and a parrot as pets and way too many hobbies to count.

You can visit my website (http://www.realmsoftheraven.com) and blog (http://www.realmsoftheraven.blogspot.com)and see what I'm up to at any point! Tomorrow is Flash Fiction Friday and my October newsletter is coming out soon (albeit a tad late - I just turned in a new novella).

Pleased to meet all of you. Now to look for some trouble!!

sjwilling
October 26th, 2007, 01:18 AM
:whoohoo: Dani, Karenne, Bec, I beat you all again. Wow, the second time in a row I've got to be the first to welcome the new guy. :smartass:

Hi Maura, I think I wore them out in the witching hour thread. LOL

Welcome to CTR and tell us about your books.

*sticks tongue out at Dani and co.* see I can be nice to the new guys.

:roflmao:

S.J.

Dani
October 26th, 2007, 01:36 AM
:welcome: Maura!! I'm glad you found the threads here and hope you have a great time poking around here. I also can't wait to here more about your books.

S.J., I never said you couldn't be nice to people, but you always want to take them out in the woods to meet Mildred, so I get worried at times. :lol:

Maura Anderson
October 26th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Welcome to CTR and tell us about your books.

*sticks tongue out at Dani and co.* see I can be nice to the new guys.

S.J.

LOL - I can tell YOU are trouble!

I have one book out now called Del Fantasma: Texas Tea.

Blurb:
Photographer Lara Saunders has a lifelong secret Ė she can see and hear ghosts. When she was rescued from a near drowning by the ghost of a lighthouse keeper, he set her on a mission to document historic lighthouses and the lives of their keepers so they were not forgotten. Now on her third book in the series, Lara has arrived in San Diego to document the Old Point Loma Lighthouse but hasnít counted on becoming the target Cody Warren, the matchmaking owner of the Del Fantasma bar. Or falling in love with a handsome Park Ranger whose secret is even more strange than her own.

You can read more about this book on my website's page for it (http://www.realmsoftheraven.com/del-fantasma-texas-tea/), including some excerpts.

The book I just turned in is called Gift of the Holly King and will appear in the Babes in Toyland II Anthology from Aspen Mountain Press in mid-November 2007.

Blurb:
Recovering from a near-fatal accident, wiccan priestess Kayleigh Brennan has taken a leave of absence from her job to focus on recovering her health and rediscovering herself. When she discovers an ancient holly tree in a clearing behind her rented bungalow, she catches the full attention of Ilex, the Holly King. As his reign ends for the year and an ice storm moves in, will they lose each other again to the cycles of the year and of life?

It's still in edits so I don't have an edited excerpt yet. You can keep an eye on its page (http://www.realmsoftheraven.com/gift-of-the-holly-king/)to see one when it's ready.

Now I'm working on a book called Wake Me - another Coyote Clans book.

Maura Anderson
October 26th, 2007, 02:08 AM
:welcome: Maura!! I'm glad you found the threads here and hope you have a great time poking around here. I also can't wait to here more about your books.

S.J., I never said you couldn't be nice to people, but you always want to take them out in the woods to meet Mildred, so I get worried at times. :lol:

Thanks, Irish!

Mildred? Do tell.... I like things that lurk in the woods! :lol:

Dani
October 26th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Cool Maura! The books sound great. I'll have to read more about them soon. :biggrin:

I'm excited to hear that there will be a second Babes in Toyland book coming out. I have the first book and they always seem to put great stories in them, so I can't wait to get this one too. Cheerleader

Mildred is S.J.'s chainsaw that I have at this point in time and he wants her back, but I'm not giving in just yet. Once you meet her (especially if she's with S.J.) you'll go to pieces...Literally!

:lol:

sjwilling
October 26th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Mildred is gentle and nice and likes to meet people and take them to the handburger factory in the woods.

I mean, what's nasty about that. :whistling:

Besides it is halloween

:LOL:

Going to take a peek at your web page now...

S.J.

Maura Anderson
October 26th, 2007, 03:35 AM
I hope Mildred likes carving pumpkins.

Chainsaws are usually great at Just-In-Time-Pumpkin-Carving.

rgraham666
October 26th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Hi Maura. Nice to see you here. :)

Karenne
October 26th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Welcome to our wonderful forum family Maura!

So happy that you joined us!Cheerleader

Maura Anderson
October 26th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Waves at Rob - Hiya!!!

Maura Anderson
October 26th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Tonni1
October 26th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Hello nice to meet you