PDA

View Full Version : Her first party....

ChristieSilvers
October 26th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Ahhh, the years fly by so quickly. My oldest daughter will be 11 in December and she'll be going to her first party tonight where I'll be dropping her off and then picking her up when it's over. Such a bittersweet time.

Dani
October 27th, 2007, 02:45 AM
I remember my son doing that for a school dance in elementary school. I think I started to cry when I left him, but it's the typical mom reaction sometimes. I guess that I was making up for not crying on the first day of kindergarten. :lol:

ChristieSilvers
October 27th, 2007, 08:12 AM
LOL I always cry on the first day of kindergarten. DD had a great time last night, but her daddy insisted that we pick her up early. It was enough for him to let her go so I was ok with picking her up a little early. LOL. Poor daddy!

Dani
October 27th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Awww, poor daddy, he's not ready to let his little girl grow up. That's sweet. :)

The only reason that I didn't cry on the first day of kindergarted was because I was used to having to drop him off at daycare. Now, the first day I had to leave him there...I cried like a baby.

:lol:

Karenne
October 28th, 2007, 02:06 AM
We have all been there Christine. I do understand.HugMe

Lorraine
October 28th, 2007, 10:50 AM
It's funny because from the minute our babies are born we are eagerly waiting for their next stage of growth....when we know it's a real smile (and not gas), their first words and steps. We tend to gently push them to their next phase. And then without warning, they are on the bus heading for kindergarten, their first dance, proms and what..??? moving away to an out of state college?
When my little girl stepped on that enormous school bus for the first time, I wasn't prepared for the pain of that separation. But you adjust.
Anyone familiar with the song (might be called Turn Around) with the words..."Where are you going, my little one, little one? Where are you going, my baby, my own? Turn around and you're tiny. Turn and around and you're grown. Turn around and you're a young wife going out on your own."

I still cry every time I hear that.

ChristieSilvers
October 28th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Awww, that is so sweet Lorraine. I have to agree fully. We can't wait for the next milestone and then the next and then the next when they are small, but as soon as they become more independent we want those little babies back again. Parenthood can be soooo scary at times, but so worth it in the end. :)

Lorraine
October 28th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Hi Christie,
I was curious about your vampire book and checked out your website. I had a couple of questions on your ezine stuff so I sent you an email via your website.
But as I said in my email, I found your story connecting a vampire and werewolf quite interesting. When was it published?

ChristieSilvers
October 28th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Hi Lorraine. I replied to your email. :)

As for my book, A Midnight Infatuation was released on October 1st. It's still going through the process of getting on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc. and all that jazz. But, for right now it's available for sale on my website. Right now I'm working on book 2, which is tentatively titled A Birth at Dawn. This will be a series about the two characters (Alex the vamp and Fiona the werewolf) and I'm sooooo loving the storyline.

If you have any other questions feel free to hit me up. I'm always happy to chat. :D

Jennifer
November 16th, 2007, 01:09 PM
How was your daugher's first party?

I could definitely relate Irish Wolf!! My daughter is only 3.5 years old. I cried when she started preschool! Lol!

ChristieSilvers
November 16th, 2007, 08:02 PM
She had a great time, but Daddy insisted that we pick her up early. LOL. Poor guy. :D