PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

Maura Anderson
November 2nd, 2007, 01:03 PM
I just joined CoffeeTime Romance and wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.

I'm an author of paranormal erotic romance though I do through in the occasional contemporary if the mood strikes. My first book is already out through Aspen Mountain Press - Del Fantasma: Texas Tea (http://www.aspenmountainpress.com/del-fantasma/erotica/texas-tea/prod_65.html). It's gotten some great reviews, including 5 cups from Coffeetime, which is how I found these boards.

I just turned in my second story - a novella called Gift of the Holly King that will appear in Aspen Mountain Press's holiday anthology - Babes in Toyland II.

I have four more stories waiting in the wings :)

My day job is software engineering and I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, where a lot of my stories are also set. I've got a wonderful husband who is very supportive and a young son (my oldest one has moved out on his own). I also serve 7 cats and a parrot, not counting the feral cat colony.

I'm also a pagan - though a wiccan (Mohsian) high priestess, I actually practice a more shamanic mix currently. I have far too many hobbies to mention them all as well, most of which have suffered from my writing success. Trying to fish small beads out from under the laptop keys is NOT fun.

Please come on over to my website (http://www.realmsoftheraven.com)and blog (http://www.realmsoftheraven.blogspot.com)for a visit or hang out with me here. I LOVE to hear what people have to say!

Karenne
November 2nd, 2007, 02:03 PM
I am so happy that you found us Maura! You are a great addition to our forum family! Congratulations on the new books coming! Your site is lovely!HugMe

Dani
November 4th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Welcome to the forums Maura! I hope you have a great time here reading and posting with everyone. :biggrin:

It sounds like you're a very busy person around your house especially with your pets (I have cats too so I know how they are...LOL!).

I can't wait to hear more about your stories! Your story in the second Babes in Toyland book sounds like it's going to be interesting just because of the name. I'll also be investing in the book because I loved the stories in the first one and I have a feeling that I'll love this one too. The first one introduced me to a few new authors and I'm hoping this one will too. Cheerleader

Maura Anderson
November 4th, 2007, 01:10 AM
I don't think you'll regret Babes in Toyland II either. Fun things and a good variety of types of holiday stories, too.

You'll have to let me know what you think when you read the anthology.

Nicole Gestalt
November 15th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Ok I admit I'm curious about the anthology just from it's name. I've not read the first one so sorry if this question is just so obvious!

Anyway here it is ;)

For the anthology were you given a specific 'toy' to use in the story or did it just have to contain a toy of somesort - or something else... lol ok so what I'm trying to ask is was their a submission theme for the stories?

Gift of the Holly King sounds like it will be an interesting story even just from its name. Am I right to assume that it will have a slightly pagan/wiccan slant to it?

I hope you had a great Samhain by the way!

Maura Anderson
November 15th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Ok I admit I'm curious about the anthology just from it's name. I've not read the first one so sorry if this question is just so obvious!

Anyway here it is ;)

For the anthology were you given a specific 'toy' to use in the story or did it just have to contain a toy of somesort - or something else... lol ok so what I'm trying to ask is was their a submission theme for the stories?

It's actually called that because it's comprised of holiday stories. I didn't name it :) The submission theme was very broad - holiday novellas - and our EIC went over them to get a good mix of different winter holiday traditions and themes. There is really quite a variety.

Though, I have to admit, the idea of the "toy" based ones is really interesting. Have you seen The Pink Chair Diaries (http://www.pinkchairdiaries.com/)yet? That's a site of small free read stories that are almost all centered around a blow up sex chair. My contribution is called "I Dare You" (http://pinkchairdiaries.com/2007/06/10/i-dare-you/) and is also on my website's free reads section. Lots of good shorts there :)

Gift of the Holly King sounds like it will be an interesting story even just from its name. Am I right to assume that it will have a slightly pagan/wiccan slant to it?

I hope you had a great Samhain by the way!

Thank you! Bright Blessings to you, too.

Gift of the Holly King is, indeed, a paranormal erotic romance that is based on the wiccan legend of the Yule battle between the Oak King and the Holly King. The heroine, Kayleigh, is a wiccan priestess and the hero, Ilex, is the Holly King. There's a short exceprt on my site (http://www.realmsoftheraven.com/gift-of-the-holly-king/)but I didn't want to ruin the story for anyone :lol:

You'll find I write almost exclusively paranormals and many of them are pagan or wiccan based, or simply based in derived systems of magic and belief, even from mythological roots. It's a big part of my own life so it's a big part of my writing.

The Coyote Clans series is based, in part, on Native American beliefs about coyotes and in part on psychic abilities.

Mr Maura refers to it as dumping thousands of years of pagan religion, beliefs and history into a blender and then seeing what comes out after I bake it :)

Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear what you think!

Michelle Hasker
November 25th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Hi!!!!

I found you :)

Daisy Love Smilie (minus the kiss....I don't know you that well...yet ;) )

Maura Anderson
November 25th, 2007, 10:17 PM
EEEP

*hides under the coffee table*

Michelle Hasker
November 26th, 2007, 12:23 PM
*eats flowers and looks for something better to give you!

DiscoDancingCarrots

lol

Linda L Lattimer
November 26th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Hello Maura, so good to have you with us and that cover is hot, hot, hot

you have a neat website

hugs Linda

Maura Anderson
November 28th, 2007, 04:08 AM
Thanks, Linda!

It's a pleasure to be here!