PDA

View Full Version : Happy November!

ChristieSilvers
November 4th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Wow, is it really November already? 2007 is almost over and this year feels like it flew by. Before we know it Thanksgiving will be rolling by, Christmas will be gone and New Year's Day will be over. 2008 here we come!

With November's arrival, NaNoWriMo rolls in. Is anyone participating in NaNoWriMo this month? This is my first year doing NaNo and I'm not off to a good start yet. :lol: I wrote on the 1st, but have been so busy with family stuff since then that I haven't written a single word since then. I'll definitely make up for it this coming week though. It's the first full week so that will help.

If anyone else if participating let me know and we can add each other as buddies. Good luck to us all. :)

Dani
November 4th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Good luck with that Chritsie!Cheerleader

I think that there are a few other authors that are doing this as well, but I'm not sure who at this point.

ChristieSilvers
November 4th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks Dani!! I'm working on it today. I refuse to lose. LOL!

Dani
November 4th, 2007, 03:53 PM
That's the type of attitude to have with this. :biggrin:

Karenne
November 4th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Nope..not me! I can't write (hangs head in shame) but Dani and I can be your cheerleaders Cheerleader

ChristieSilvers
November 4th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Great! I would love having some cheerleaders. :D

Here's the link to my page if you're ever curious as to how many words I've written. http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/200398

Dani
November 4th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Great Christie! I'll take a look every now and again. I hope you got to do some writing today! :)

Cheerleader Go Christie!!!Cheerleader

CharmedGirl
November 7th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Go Christie. I hope you got some writing done.

Okay I need a question answered...where in Australia can I purchase A Midnight Infatuation? Please help me locate it!

ChristieSilvers
November 7th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Hi. The book is still in the process of getting out to stores and getting placed on Amazon and such. So for now you can only purchase it from the publisher's site or directly from me. Click Here (http://stores.lulu.com/christiesilvers) for the publisher's site. I know that they ship to Australia because there are many Australian writers on there.

Thank you so much for your interest in my story. I hope the you enjoy it and please do let me know what you think afterwards. :)

Taryn Raye
November 7th, 2007, 04:00 PM
I'm doing NaNo Christie! I've already hopped over and added you. This is my 2nd NaNo- hoping for a 2nd "win" this year.

I'm scribbling butterfly over there.

ChristieSilvers
November 7th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Hi Taryn! Thanks for the add. I added you back. Wow, you are one speedy writer there! Congrats! :)

Taryn Raye
November 7th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Thanks Christie! I'll check for that request on myspace!

I'm a stay at home mom, which isn't say I don't have a lot to do, but I find a way to fit in writing. Last year was my first NaNo. I did it to prove to myself it wouldn't take me 10+ years to finish a novel ever again. Plus, I'm finding first drafts are falling out of me easily now since last NaNo- it's the editing that bums me out! LOL

ChristieSilvers
November 7th, 2007, 04:43 PM
I tried your MySpace link in your siggy, but it came back with:
Invalid Friend ID.
This user has either cancelled their membership, or their account has been deleted.

Here's my MySpace if you wanna pop over and add me http://www.myspace.com/christiesilvers

I'm a SAHM too, but I find it difficult to carve out a lot of time when the 2yr old is vying for my attention. :lol: She's very demanding... like her mommy. :lol:

I wanted to do the NaNoWriMo this year to prove that I could do it. I didn't HAVE to, but I thought I could. So I'm trying. We'll see what happens at the end of the month. :lol:

Ah yes, editing. I'm kind of on the fence about editing. I hate doing it, but when I'm doing it I find that more ideas will flow out and onto the paper. For A Midnight Infatuation, I ended up adding two new chapters in the middle of the book during editing. I tend to edit like 5 times before I'm happy with my books and I don't expect this one to be any different.

I'm grateful that the NaNo novels don't have to be GOOD. :lol: Good will come during editing. :)

Taryn Raye
November 7th, 2007, 04:48 PM
I see now why the link doesn't work- I need to change that...I put in my yahoo id rather than my correct one. Will hop over to yours right now. (Glad you clicked it...I hadn't even noticed and it's been like that for as long as I've been on here! LOL)

Taryn Raye
November 7th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Shew! That fixed it. I don't know what I was thinking when I put the link in! haha!

I dread the editing too, but I'm like you, once I get into it, I find things and ideas that fit in I wasn't expecting and end up taking out stuff that wasn't working at all, but replacing it with stuff that feels "right."

ChristieSilvers
November 7th, 2007, 05:02 PM
LOL Well, I'm happy to help. ;) I love adding new friends on MySpace. And to think that this time last year I didn't even have a MySpace page. :lol:

So see, editing comes in very handy! I'm writing and writing today, but I see things that I will probably take out, change or rearrange. I've rearranged a whole chapter before. :lol: BUT, I'm saving all of that for after November. It's hard not to edit yourself while you're writing though. It's a struggle, but I'll get through it. :lol:

In the end, we will have some fabulous novels to share with the world! :D