PDA

View Full Version : Cookouts

AngelaSteed
November 6th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Who says you can't cook out in the cold weather? I love grilling so we do it all year long, hot or cold. There's nothing like grilling when it's snowing outside! So, I'm going to add my own award winning recipe for potato salad that's sure to warm your winter days. ;)

Fiery Potato Salad by Angela Steed<o></o>

Ingredients:<o></o>
<o></o>
5-6 large red potatoes<o></o>
4 large eggs hard boiled<o></o>
1 cup mayonnaise<o></o>
½ cup sweet hot mustard<o></o>
¼ cup yellow mustard<o></o>
5 pieces hamburger chip pickles, diced fine<o></o>
1 small coarsely chopped sweet Vidalia onion<o></o>
1 small stalk of celery diced fine<o></o>
1 tsp. cayenne pepper<o></o>
1 tsp. chipotle pepper<o></o>
1 tsp. coarsely chopped black pepper<o></o>
1 tsp. celery salt<o></o>
1 tsp. hot chili oil<o></o>
1 tsp. garlic powder<o></o>
½ tsp. ginger powder<o></o>
Pinch of salt<o></o>
Roasted red chili peppers or chinese hot oil(optional but will light it on fire!)<o></o>
<o></o>
Directions:<o>
</o><o></o>
Slice the potatoes in one cube squares and boil them until they’re almost at mashing consistency (they should break in half easily, but not completely mash when pressure is applied. While the potatoes and hard boiled eggs are cooling off in the refrigerator, mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Refrigerate.<o></o>
<o></o>
Once everything is cool, cut the sauce into the potatoes. Do not over mix. Slice the boiled eggs and fold into the potato mixture (some potatoes will purposely mash). Sprinkle with cayenne pepper and more chipotle pepper and garnish with the roasted red chili peppers.

If you like spicy, you will love this!

Dani
November 8th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Ooooh, Angela this sounds super yummy!! I'm going to have to try it sometime. :biggrin:

AngelaSteed
November 8th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks Dani. I have to make it at least fifty times a year for family gatherings and cookouts. I hate peeling potatoes. :1eye:

Jennifer
November 16th, 2007, 12:48 PM
That sounds delicious! :) I'm all about potatoes.