PDA

View Full Version : Of Wolves and Vampires

theenforcer
November 7th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Greetings,

Well, this is my first post and I just wanted to start off by saying hello and thanks to Keri Arthur. I've completly fallen in love with Riley and her world.

In here I just wanted to post some of my random thoughts and feelings from the book...

I find the Wolves sexual freedom very refreshing, it's nice not to have to deal with the human hangups about sex and relationships.

I 've noticed that vampires tend to be divided into two type or classes, the kind who wash and the kind who do not was, lol!

Now about Quinn and Kellen, I love Quinn to death but he needs to open up. At first all the cloak and dagger stuff with him seemed to be very interesting and mysterious, however it has become very annoying. Though I suppose it is all part of his personality. It is hard to live in a relationship without trust (believe me I know) and that is the postion he has put Riley in. It does help he drop dead (literally) gorgeous and filthy stinking rich but that can only go so far, I wish someone could kick some sense into him... Perhaps he just needs grow a little (sorta weird considering he's a 1200 year old vamp)

Kellen, how do I put this... sorta rubbed me in so the wrong way. At first I liked him, a strong, handsome, rich wolf that wanted all the same things our heroine wants but then he slowly started to slide down hill with his continued demands to go solo, his ever growing possesiveness (slightly charming but very alarming), I hated the fact that he basically told Riley that he would all but force her to stop working at a point, and his overwelming need to protect. It wasn't as if Riley lied to him, she came into the relationship letting him know how her job was, what it required, ect. She let him know what she was, that she was stronger and faster, she let him know that there would be things he would be unable to protect her from and that she didn't want his protection, only wanted his love. But noooooooo that wasn't enough for him. Then after all this, Riley finally makes an attempt to conquer her fears and take that next step, then he stomps all over it!!! Does anybody realize how hard it's going to be for someone who has actually earned the right to get her to commit now?? Take how she was before and multiply that by about one hundred. He's a freaking jerk.

As far as I'm concerned I haven't seen enough of Ben aka Shadow to really make a judgement call on weither or not they'll be a good thing. Though as he said lust does burn between them (well he said something like that :P)

Now, for Riley. I love her to death, she's awsome, strong, confidant... something I LOVE to see in a female main character. I'm so, so, so, sick and tired of these female characters who end up needing someone to come in and save them, or run and scream and all that other bs you see happening. I also hate to see female character who get horribly hung up on the sexual side of things. It sucks that she can't seem to catch a break, she loves Quinn and he uses her, betrays her trust, LIES to her and CONTROLS her, all unforgivable sins (though some deep dark part of me wants to...) then there is Kellen who seems to be, possibly, the "one" and he turns around only to go all Alpha wolf on her, IE "I can't protect you so I can't be with you..." Don't make me sick, Riley needs some one who can help her, or at the very least be waiting at home for her when she gets there, she can protect herself but as she said, if Quinn had been up on that roof with her she might not have been shot at all... I personaly think her growing powers are awsome but her fears are well founded. I'd freak out too if I suddenly changed into a bird or started seeing "dead people" hello sixth sense anybody? I can see the change in her, her slow slippery slide down the path of the gaurdian. But it doesn't bother me, she is simply growing into the person who she was always ment to be.

Liander and Rhoan are two of my most favorite people in the entire book. I'd also like to note the fact the though gay, Rhoan is anything but a fairy. He totally kicks butt! Liander is just soooo cute, he has an awsome job and puts up with way more from Rhoan than I would probably put up with from my own husband.

Anyways I guess I've taken up enough room as for now. I'd really like to hear what everyone else thinks. I'm also and an avid writer I've been writing since the sixth grade so that puts me at right about eleven or twelve, unfortunatly ever since I enlisted in the Air Force it has been like something is missing, the best I can describe it as is "the spark" it makes me sad, One major goal my whole life has been to be a published writer. But it's like the sparkles gone out of my writing... Anyone have any suggestions or even understand what I'm talking about?

How well hope to hear from the rest of you

-The Enforcer

Dani
November 7th, 2007, 11:31 PM
:welcome: to CTR The Enforcer!

Hope you have a great time here reading and posting.Cheerleader

We've had a long standing discussion about Quinn and Kellen and the other men in Riley's life. Quinn has lied to, controlled and used Riley, but he was always honest and up front with her about most of it. He obviously wasn't forthcoming about the controlling part, but that's for her to deal with more later. Kellen always rubbed me the wrong way. I have ever liked him, but the last few books he just became worse to me. He was just as bad as Quinn was, but he wasn't honest about it to me and it finally came out when he decided to make her choose. If he truely loved her he would have never made her choose at all. :nah:

CharmedGirl
November 8th, 2007, 04:49 AM
:welcome: to CTR Enforcer. It's great that you've joined us here at CTR.

We love to chat about Riley and her men in Keri's section of CTR. Hopefully you'll come in and join our posting. We have a lot of fun posting in Keri's threads.

But you have to check out all the threads here at CTR because they are quite interesting and some of the threads do go off topic but eventually someone manages to steer the posts back to what it is the thread is all about :lol:

Have fun posting!

DavidsGirl841444
November 8th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Hey welcome and hey what up more fresh blood. Always good. So yeah Quinn kicks major butt alot of us love him and think him awesome even though he has to grow a bit more into trusting yeah set in his ways but its all has to change modern day. Kellen never liked him Quinn girl all the way. I would have kicked Kellen in the balls so hard it would have been lodged in his throat.

Yeah to sexual freedom away from human hangups. And yeah perfer Vamps who wash. Have fun in the forum.

billijo
November 30th, 2007, 10:08 PM
hi everyone. i just wanted to stop by and say how much i love these books! i am really hoping that riley's soulmate is going to be quinn. she cant seem to forget about him as much as she tries even though kellen is in her life. there is way to strong a bond between her and quinn. since he has been away for a little while i think he is going to realize how strong his feeling for her really are. i dont think that riley is excepting that quinn may be the one because she is expecting her mate to be a were wolf. has she even considered that it may be quinn????? but then again do vampires have soulmates and if not where will that leave riley??? oh yeah i got the last book right when it came out and have read several others so i am having a brain cramp.....who is ben?

startaeternalauthor
November 30th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Murder By Association…CSI inspired novel available
At Eternal Press.Com
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
As Boston’s most lethal serial killer jeopardizes the city’s anniversary celebration, CSI boss Stanford Carter desperately fights for forensic clues to nail the perp. But the ‘Plunger’ who stabs his victims through the heart, leaves only Tarot cards as evidence. The Mayor is demanding an arrest and eventually Carter’s diligence gives him one. But the Mayor is keeping a secret from Carter. He is being blackmailed by the mob and soon the murders will begin again and this time they will no longer be just the work of a deranged serial.
<o:p></o:p>
See it here…
http://www.freewebs.com/eternalnewreleases/murderbyassociation.htm (http://www.freewebs.com/eternalnewreleases/murderbyassociation.htm)
<o:p></o:p>

Ti3
December 1st, 2007, 01:11 AM
:welcome: Welcome Enforcer....its so neat to me to hear of others who get so completely entrawled by their beloved books.HippyI think its so cute to have heard your post, and the passion in which you conveyed your excitement over reading The Riley Series. Cheerleader I get so wound up about the books I read. Especially if they are as dynamic as Keri Arthur's The Riley Jenson Series...Cheerleader Keri will remain One of my very favorite Authors!!....

As for Quinn I think I will just borrow him while Riley & Quinn take their lil thinking breaks lol...I wanna lick him this side of wrong.:huh_oh: hehehe....mmmm HECKFIRE I wouldnt mind it if a bunch of devistatingly handsome hero's battled their wills and wilds to get me hehehe...dammeettttt cant I live out one of my many fantastical books. Please if anyone ever speaks to Aphrodity please request something super hot for me will ya?!!

DavidsGirl841444
December 1st, 2007, 12:51 PM
Yup billijo I like your thinking about Quinn it can be him and may be him we have to keep reading to find out. But I hope so as well. Glad to have you here is nice having anothern Quinn fan like most of us here. Aphrodite well I will as k her on your behalf how about that Ti3.

Dani
December 2nd, 2007, 12:52 AM
i am having a brain cramp.....who is ben?
Ben is also known as Shadow, the manager of Nonpareil that sent out the exotic dancers to the bachlorette party.

hollie
December 2nd, 2007, 10:30 AM
xmasreindeer Ben/shadow is cute not as cute as Quinn but better than Kellen

DavidsGirl841444
December 3rd, 2007, 12:18 PM
Yes must agree with hollie much cuter then kellen but less so then Quinn

billijo
December 5th, 2007, 02:11 PM
wow i am still drawing a complete blank on ben/shadow was he in embraced by darkness? maybe i should reread it if i missed a charecter like that....duh...lol

hollie
December 5th, 2007, 02:25 PM
xmasreindeer I thought that untill someone said tha he ran that place that the girls came from

DavidsGirl841444
December 5th, 2007, 04:24 PM
No the one the boys come from. Supposedly a hottie

hollie
December 5th, 2007, 04:40 PM
xmasreindeer ok so i need to re-read it as well lol

Dani
December 5th, 2007, 10:40 PM
The male strippers (exotic dancers) that went to the bachlorette party and got busy with the bride and her bridesmaids were sent out by Ben/Shadow who is the manager of Nonpareil. Look in Embraced by Darkness on page 129. This is where he comes in to the story for a brief period.

DavidsGirl841444
December 6th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Our answer girl you go Dani.

Dani
December 6th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I posted who he was on the page before this one, but I got the idea that no one saw it, so I reworded what I wrote before and found the page number in the book and added it so that everyone could read about Ben again.

hollie
December 7th, 2007, 10:22 AM
xmastreedecor thanks Dani now i remember :biggrin:

Dani
December 7th, 2007, 01:25 PM
You're most welcome. :)

hollie
December 7th, 2007, 03:46 PM
xmastreedecor now i have read that bit again i'm just going to have to finish the rest of the book incase i missed any thing else

DavidsGirl841444
December 10th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Whoa very thorough arn't we. very good.

hollie
December 11th, 2007, 04:58 PM
xmastreedecor not really just can't put a book down when i pick it up i always think oh this bit is good or doesn't that happen next and end up reading it all any way

Dani
December 11th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I do that sometimes, so you're not alone Hollie. :biggrin:

DavidsGirl841444
December 11th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Your quite right i just did that picked up a book to read a couple of pages and now have to read the entire thing again. A bit annoying but gives me something todo.

billijo
December 12th, 2007, 11:47 AM
i have to reread a book because the next one doesnt come out till months later and ive read about 10 books since then...lol

Quinnismine
December 12th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Hi All

I'm new to the forum but i'm been loving the series since it came out. I cannot wait for the next, and i'll tell you i was very dissapointed that my Quinn wasn't on the last book i kept waiting for him to pop up, but i guess Kellen and Riley needed some alone time so she could figure out what a jerk Kellen really was....anyhow i can't wait for the next. I head there was a teaser on this webpage from Book 6 but i cannot find it. I know it was about Quinn and Riley. Can anybody help me find it?

Desperate Reader

DavidsGirl841444
December 12th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Welcome Quinnismine Well intresting name I like it, but here we share the guys around like passing messages in telephone. Yeah should be in the lobby i think the teaser but I can't besure where exactly Irishwolf could probably help you there.we all love Quinn and Kade here and Kellen yeah figured he show his true selfish colors. Riley lovers unite here on this pages. So welcome to the nut house.

Dani
December 12th, 2007, 11:53 PM
:welcome: to CTR Quinnismine! Like DG said, that's an interesting name. Most of the ladies around here will give you a run for your money with getting and keeping him (me included...LOL). Hope you have fun here with us reading and posting. We're all nuts around here, but it's quite fun.

I found the teaser you were looking for so I'll post it here. Keri posted this in late July I believe and it is the scene where Riley and Quinn meeting at a charity function. Enjoy!!

for Quinn and Riley fans....

a sneak peak at the beginning of the scene I just wrote (remember, this is first draft, so there's bound to be mistakes and changes)

I was on my way back to my table when awareness hit, sending a heated wave of desire fleeing across my skin.

I stopped, my heart pounding so hard I swear it was going to tear out of my chest. There had only ever been one man who had caused that sort of reaction in me--Quinn O’Conor, ancient vampire, billionaire businessman and former lover.

I should have guessed he might have been here, because he always seemed to support major charity events like this. But it had been so long since we’d crossed paths that I simply hadn’t thought about it.

And if I had, what would I have done?

Not come, a voice deep inside whispered.

Maybe. Maybe not. I was no coward, after all, and I’d faced far worse things than a vampire determined to make me his own--even if he broke my heart and my soul in the process.

I closed my eyes for a moment, taking deep, slow breaths that did little to calm the erratic dance of my pulse, then slowly turned around.

I’d never really believed the line in romance books that said ‘their eyes met, and everything else faded away’, but that’s exactly what happened in that one, heart-stopping moment.

My gaze met Quinn’s and everything else--everyone else--disappeared. It was just him, and me, in the glittery confines of this room, with this amazing sense of awareness burning between us as fiercely as any bushfire. It was an awareness that had always been there, even from the beginning, and absence had not tempered its flame--it had only made it stronger.

And that's it! You'll have to wait for the rest of the scene :sorry: If you want to read the other hints and things you can go to the thread from the when she was the featured author in August. Here's the link:
http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/showthread.php?t=2001&page=5

Quinnismine
December 14th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Dear DG and IrishWolf

Thanks so much for the information :notworthy:
I was actually a little dissapointed that they didn't get to speak. They only looked at each other. At least I know he is on the next book, i cannot wait.

You probably talked about this already on this forum but do you think that Riley will eventually have kids? I think not, I think she will me more and more vampire (among other things) and she's not going to be able to and then she's not gonna have a reason for not wanting to be permanent with Quinn.. Since they are meant to be together but if she decides not to be with him well I'm always here for him Bouncy Icon Smilie

hollie
December 14th, 2007, 12:27 PM
xmasreindeer if she finds her wolf soul mate which Keri hints she might she could have kids with him i'm hoping its some one Quinn gets on with as well cos they both deseve to be happy

DavidsGirl841444
December 14th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Well me myself and I hope she doesn't because I like the idea of her with Quinn alone, but if she has to be shared then so be it. But kids would be good but I don't see her having kids at all.

Dani
December 15th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Dear DG and IrishWolf

Thanks so much for the information :notworthy:
I was actually a little dissapointed that they didn't get to speak. They only looked at each other. At least I know he is on the next book, i cannot wait.

You probably talked about this already on this forum but do you think that Riley will eventually have kids? I think not, I think she will me more and more vampire (among other things) and she's not going to be able to and then she's not gonna have a reason for not wanting to be permanent with Quinn.. Since they are meant to be together but if she decides not to be with him well I'm always here for him Bouncy Icon Smilie
If I'm not badly mistaken, Quinn will be in the rest of the books Keri writes, not just The Darkest Kiss (book 6).

Keri hasn't ruled out her having kids at all, only biological ones that she carries. Although I think I remember it being said that she had some of her eggs frozen for later use (and possibly by a surrogate), but I could be wrong. Either way, there is always a way for her to have kids whether they are biological or not.

Ti3
December 16th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Yah I think it would be cool if she had a kid or two somehow...whether it be adopted or whatever that would be cool. hehehe....heck its an awesome world ....One I wish I could go visit...thank gawd I can in my mind....whooooohooooo thank you again Keri.....mauh

Dani
December 16th, 2007, 12:16 AM
I agree with you on everything Ti3! Thanks goodness for an imagination.:biggrin:

Ti3
December 16th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Yah I know eh Dani...aint Imagination GRANDE!!??!! I mean heck often when im reading books like Riley Jenson's series I actually feel like IM in the book with these cool characters. Ive even dreamt about them lol....I am so glad I found a love for reading...I try to explain to my kids that reading for me is like LEAVING troubles behind...and entering into a really cool fantasy world...as if it were the best of the best of mental movies. LOL.... Theres nothing better than Calgon, a nice cool glass of wine & a great book (like Keri's books). Reading calms me...I find it very soothing to my soul when I feel weary or stressed!

Dani
December 16th, 2007, 01:13 AM
I'm the same way, but I can't get my son to understand that for anything. Then again I was the same way when I was his age and my mom tried to tell me about reading. I hated it then because you were forced to read for school book reports and stuff and some of the books were boring. I liked a few when I was young, but not many and I found other things to do than read. Reading was a last resort when I was bored. But that was then and this is now and I LOVE reading! :roflmao:

DavidsGirl841444
December 16th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Even then as a kid I liked reading. It was awesome and yeah I always put myself in the middle of the books like i am the main character living that life.

hollie
December 17th, 2007, 02:51 PM
xmasreindeer i wasn't much of a reader as a child I didn't start to read till i had kids (i wounder why) so now i'm catching up on the first 20 or so years

billijo
December 18th, 2007, 02:16 PM
i loved reading when i was a kid my books then were sweet valley high and the baby sitters club. i know what you mean ti3. my 12 year old son refuses to use his imagination with books i tell him put yourself as the main charecter and pretend it is you going on the adventure but he wont kids are a pain...lol

hollie
December 18th, 2007, 02:41 PM
xmasreindeer my daughter is 12 and she reads and the littlest two boys read their school books but its a constant battle to get the oldest boy to read anything he thinks its all borring i've tried every subject i can think of

billijo
December 18th, 2007, 04:32 PM
the same here ive tried fiction no fiction. books on shows that hes watched like yu-gi-oh and digimon. but nothing

DavidsGirl841444
December 18th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Well kids will want to read or not its hard to find something that intrest them so got to give them time to see if they want to experience something like that for themsleves.

CharmedGirl
December 19th, 2007, 12:18 AM
All kids should know that reading is good for them it helps them to write. Well I know reading helped me with a lot of my assignments at school and University. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
December 19th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Here to had to read books to get thru the class on time and do work for it and if you didn't get it done you failed. I love reading. All children should do it.

hollie
December 19th, 2007, 02:49 PM
xmasreindeer we know that but little boys don't agree espically when they can do other things like..........anything

DavidsGirl841444
December 21st, 2007, 02:09 AM
Well kids are finding out things faster then us when we are busy doing other things like work.

billijo
December 21st, 2007, 10:37 AM
its hard to get them to read now that there are game boys and ds's and ipods and computers...why bother they dont care that reading is an important part of life it broadens their horizins and makes their imaginations go wild but they dont see past the games and computer screens

hollie
December 21st, 2007, 12:44 PM
xmasreindeer billijo it sounds like you give the same speaches i do

DavidsGirl841444
December 21st, 2007, 12:56 PM
Yeah but you know those computers are the wave of the future so they playing them can be good. But yeah your right about the horizons part.

billijo
December 21st, 2007, 06:15 PM
oh i know they are a huge part of their future as they are ours and thats good but they spend so mmuch time on these things they dont care about anything else and it drives me crazy. i have to limit my sons time or he's gonna go perminently crosseyed and he gets sooo mad. but oh well

DavidsGirl841444
December 21st, 2007, 09:00 PM
Yeah bro spends most of his time playing rpg's not paying attention to family you have to set a limit.

Dani
December 21st, 2007, 10:31 PM
xmasreindeer billijo it sounds like you give the same speaches i do
Hollie, I gave up on giving those speaches about reading to my son because he never listens or doesn't care. Even though I can't get him to read I can still get him to go outside and plays instead of playing video games or watching TV, but it's not as much as I'd like.

hollie
December 23rd, 2007, 06:00 PM
xmastreedecor i keep thinking that Dani but it must be the working in a school bit i just can't give it up so now we compromise one of the boys will read a page or two i read them the rest of the chapter it works and if your sneeky you can get them to read more

DavidsGirl841444
December 23rd, 2007, 07:14 PM
Well that is sneaky way to go on conning them.

Dani
December 23rd, 2007, 11:27 PM
I keep trying. He does read the anime books and stuff like that. I can't complain too much because over the summer his reading improved enough to get him up to grade level, so I must have done something right somewhere.

hollie
December 24th, 2007, 03:58 PM
xmastreedecor it's all any of us can do Dani and if your winning your doing better than most

CharmedGirl
December 26th, 2007, 06:13 PM
I keep trying. He does read the anime books and stuff like that. I can't complain too much because over the summer his reading improved enough to get him up to grade level, so I must have done something right somewhere.

I'm trying to get my boyfriend to read anything besides biography books but he just won't listen to me. I keep telling him that he will really enjoy other books :turned:

DavidsGirl841444
December 26th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Hey at least your guy reads biography's my guy won't even pick up a book unless it has soething to do with a game at all.

CharmedGirl
December 26th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Tell him reading books will make him a lot smarter. LOL

I actually bought my boyfriend a new biography for Christmas just so he had something to read.

DavidsGirl841444
December 26th, 2007, 07:06 PM
That is great but he thinks he is as smart as he will get.

CharmedGirl
December 26th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Well as long as he believes it then maybe he is as smart as he will get.

DavidsGirl841444
December 26th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Yeah he is smart as much as he wants that is what makes him sweet.

CharmedGirl
December 27th, 2007, 12:13 AM
My boyfriend is pretty smart working his way up the corporate ladder to manager of a discount store in under 3 years. That is a great accomplishment I think and I'm so proud of him.

DavidsGirl841444
December 27th, 2007, 12:10 PM
That is an accomplishment way to go. Three years is fast. Props to your man.

CharmedGirl
December 30th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Okay let us get back to talking about Wolves and Vampires not that one of the two books I'm about to tell you about is about either of those two topics.

The book is called Harmony's Way and it is by an author called Lora Leigh. Really cool book the main girl - Harmony is a half breed (Lion) who classes herself by another name Death (because she uses means outside of the law to bring people to justice for the wrongs they have committed). Until she is paired with a Sheriff Lance Jacobs who brings the heat out of him and her literally but her past haunts her due to the fact that she possesses information that the Breeds seek (a secret that a lot would love to learn)! It was really awesome about 312 pages long.

The other book is about vampires and is called A Girl's Guide to Vampires by Katie McAlister. It was a really funny book about two friends who travel to the Czech Republic to find the men of their dreams. Absolutely loved every minute of it.

DavidsGirl841444
December 30th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Oh do the girls find them in vamps or what i know its us to read the ending right? Good.

CharmedGirl
December 31st, 2007, 07:50 PM
Oh do the girls find them in vamps or what i know its us to read the ending right? Good.

I'm not going to spoil the story for you DG. You're going to have to read it and you're going to really enjoy A Girl's Guide to Vampires. LOL :tt2:

Maria M.
January 1st, 2008, 04:22 AM
I totally agree with you on everything about Quinn, Kellen, and Ben. I don't like the whole werewolf thing though.

DavidsGirl841444
January 1st, 2008, 04:04 PM
What werewolf thing Maria M? and yeah I know have to read it myself girl thats the fun of reading getting to the end but thanks for a bit of it.

CharmedGirl
January 3rd, 2008, 04:04 AM
I loved reading this vampire book it gave a glimpse of what a girl should do if she comes across a vampire and he thinks you're his chosen mate. It was really quite funny in a cute sort of way. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
January 3rd, 2008, 12:25 PM
Oh yeah but honestly don't need a book to know what to do with a hot vamp guy who wants me, that would just happen. But funny.