PDA

View Full Version : The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward

Ti3
November 10th, 2007, 01:52 PM
:helloooo: Hello Friends...Ive not been here for a few weeks because I had a death in the family. So I had to attend the funeral and was away for about 10 days.

Anyways while I was away I started a new Vampire Series of books. :smoke: The Author is J.R. Ward and her series(The Black Dagger Brotherhood) is phenomenal to say the least. I would have to say that it is among my very favorites of reads. I would highly recommend her vampire series for those of you that love vampire romance novels.

There are 5 books thus far in her series. I picked up all 5 and read my heart out. Simply couldnt stop! I read and read and read....and as soon as I would finish one I had to pick up the next. Now I have to wait for her 6th book :arghhhh: !!!!! Arghhhhh is right! You would think I would learn to take my time when I find a wonderful read like Wards books lol. You know savor it and make it last. But I become crazed and the ol' appetite becomes raged and insatiable. :lol: What can I say other than im crazy sometimes lol. Anyways I wanted to premote her series as I absolutely loved them!!!! Here is a link to her website. There you can find EXERPTS for all 5 of her books in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

http://www.jrward.com/

Coffee Time may even want her on their Authors of the Month sometime...thats how sure I am that you all will love her! hehehe....

Anyways Happy Reading my Friends Party Time

~~~~~~~Ti3~~~~~~~

Karenne
November 10th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Oh I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you are back though!

I haven't heard about that series. I am going to check it out! Thanks honey!:flowers:

CharmedGirl
November 11th, 2007, 02:00 AM
I haven't read any of JR Ward's books but I will check these books out when I have finished the books on my bookpile which is about 30 books high now. I should finish half these books in about two weeks if that because I just love to read.

Sorry for your loss.

Dani
November 11th, 2007, 03:32 AM
I've heard of these books, but haven't had the chance to read them yet.

Sorry for your loss Ti3.

Ti3
November 11th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Hey thanks ladies...I appreciate your notes of sympathies....

Also I really do think you all would love Wards Brotherhood series. My family are all down in the states and I went to Barns and Nobles - her series were all sold out. So if your interested in checking out her series call ahead first as they may be sold completely out. May be worth purchasing online. I am up in Ontario Canada purchasing mine through Chapters. They had all 5 of her books at the time, so I bought all 5. I hate getting stuck while reading a series because their all sold out or something...lol....when Im on a streak I just keep on motoring along or I like to anyways. Seriously though, the Brotherhood series are to die for. Irish if your not in the middle of a pile of books, I encourage you to just sample her first book....if you dont enjoy the first book then no harm done...but I bet You would be out buying the rest before you were finished with her first one lol...I am crazy about them. She has a very big following from what Ive noticed as well. I went to her website and joined up on her forum. Seems pretty full of fans...Anyways...Lemme know if you end up getting any ladies.

Hugs Ti3

Dani
November 12th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Thanks Ti3. I've been looking at them and right now at Walmart (of all places) they have some of their books 2/$8 and the first book of this series is one of them (so is the first Anita Blake book).

DavidsGirl841444
November 15th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Yeah must get all but in order I het not getting the right order of books make me irritable.

marijam
November 15th, 2007, 03:20 PM
One of the very best series I've EVER read. You owe it to yourself to grab as many of the books in this series as you can, curl up in a chair with a throw and a cup of hot chocolate and immerse yourself in the story of one of the brothers and how he finds his mate. I bought the first book and could not put it down. It was so good, I immediately ordered all of the others from amazon and read each one of them in a period of weeks. Now, I'm sitting on the edge of my chair waiting for the next one to come out.

Ti3
November 15th, 2007, 08:02 PM
One of the very best series I've EVER read. You owe it to yourself to grab as many of the books in this series as you can, curl up in a chair with a throw and a cup of hot chocolate and immerse yourself in the story of one of the brothers and how he finds his mate. I bought the first book and could not put it down. It was so good, I immediately ordered all of the others from amazon and read each one of them in a period of weeks. Now, I'm sitting on the edge of my chair waiting for the next one to come out.

:whoohoo: I couldnt agree more Marijam...I LOVED them alot!!!!! Very worth checking out if you've not already. Ive also just found another amazing author I will make a new poste about her. So MARIJAM until J.R.Ward comes out with her upcoming book, Ive got one hell of a series for you hunny. I mean this new series Ive found are amazing as well. IM soooo stinking serious. I will go poste now...but thank you for clarifying how amazing the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series really is.

Big HUGS

Ti3.....

PSSSSSS.....go check out my other poste about this new series Im reading...Totally amazing...and her site is AWES@ME (AWES@ME)!!!!!!

Regina
November 23rd, 2007, 01:21 AM
These look really good! Another that I simply must add to my growing list. As I've said before, so many books, not enough time! LOL

Shelley Munro
November 24th, 2007, 03:27 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.

I discovered JR Ward's books this year and read the first four one after the other. I read the fifth one last week. It's such a great series. I love the interaction between the male characters, although as a New Zealander, I find that some of the pop cultures references are weird. It takes me a bit to work them out.

Shelley

Dani
November 24th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Shelley, that's how I feel when I read book written by authors outside of the US. Some things that are written in some book I end up having to go over a couple of times to make sure I got it down. :lol:

hollie
November 25th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the tip I'm going to York tomorrow looking for new books so i'll see i fi can find them

Ti3
November 25th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the tip I'm going to York tomorrow looking for new books so i'll see i fi can find them
Good Luck Hollie....I hope you find 'em. I sure loved this series. I bet a million you will too.

xmastreedecor Hugs Ti3

CharmedGirl
December 19th, 2007, 01:13 AM
I've read the first one - Dark Lover and absolutely loved it. I can't wait to read the other ones when they arrive in the bookstore this week seeing I've ordered them. LOL

The ones I'm really looking forward to is the one about Zsadist (Lover Awakened) and Rhage (Lover Eternal). I thought Rhage was a great character in the first one even though it seems to revolve around Wrath but as a side character he was great and the same goes for V and Butch. LOL

CharmedGirl
December 19th, 2007, 01:17 AM
What I've got to say is the vampire's names - Wrath, Rhage, Vishous, Zsadist, Phury and Tohrment are definitely good vampire names but the names don't represent the type of person they are really which is a little surprising not much but a little. LOL

Wrath I thought would be full of hate and wouldn't help Darius at all but then when he met Beth he became this different person and you just knew he couldn't give her up to anyone else. Wrath definitely had to keep Beth for himself. I really liked it that way.

hollie
December 19th, 2007, 12:46 PM
xmasreindeer i got the first one its on my must read pile unforunatly i'm not getting chance to get much reading done

DavidsGirl841444
December 21st, 2007, 02:24 AM
Those are some strange names I have to admit never in a thousand years would have come up with names like that.

CharmedGirl
December 26th, 2007, 07:38 PM
OMG I've just finished Lover Unbound and I was crying so much at the end but then I cry in every sad book I can't seem to help myself.

DavidsGirl841444
December 27th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Ok so many sad books out there.

hollie
December 29th, 2007, 05:34 PM
i just finished Dark lover i take it the rest of the dark brotherhood books are as good

CharmedGirl
December 30th, 2007, 12:32 AM
They are excellent Hollie. The next one is the story about Rhage (Lover Eternal). Rhage is such a cool character and I loved his book a lot.

DavidsGirl841444
December 30th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Waaahhh!! Want the books. hehehee.

CharmedGirl
December 31st, 2007, 07:30 PM
You'll love these books DG. I read all the five out really quickly and I'm waiting impatiently for six. I absolutely loved these books and when I'm finished reading the books on my bookpile which is another 10 or so books I'm going to read these again. But by the time I finish my bookpile there will be a new book I want at the bookshop that I will just have to buy. LOL

DavidsGirl841444
January 1st, 2008, 04:25 PM
Yup you finish what you want and try to get back to something really good but then something else just as good comes up. Know the feeling. I know they are good everyone says so. Wwhoa!

hollie
January 2nd, 2008, 02:40 PM
i got the 2nd and 3rd books and Rhage is so sweet

Dani
January 2nd, 2008, 06:46 PM
I only have the first book in the series and I haven't read it yet. I will after I finish the series that I'm reading now.

CharmedGirl
January 3rd, 2008, 03:16 AM
i got the 2nd and 3rd books and Rhage is so sweet

Oh yeah Rhage is one of my favourites. I love the book all about him :notworthy:

Definitely read it after the Yasmine Galenorn series Dani you'll love these books :tt2:

DavidsGirl841444
January 3rd, 2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah to hot vamp guy with funny names.

hollie
January 3rd, 2008, 01:44 PM
These vamp guys are definatly cool (or hot depending on how you look at it) they're compitition for them carpathian hunks

DavidsGirl841444
January 3rd, 2008, 07:32 PM
Really they should have a hunk off to see which one is hotter.

Teresa D'Amario
January 8th, 2008, 09:40 PM
I do love the brotherhood! Talk about some awesome books and some awesome writing! HOT HOT HOT hunks! my favorite is still Lover Eternal, despite all the new ones coming out. I always did love a little boy in a big powerful male's body!

hollie
January 13th, 2008, 12:15 PM
i haven't read them all yet but so far my favorite is Lover Awakened I'm hoping to get the rest of them tomorrow when I go to York

DavidsGirl841444
January 21st, 2008, 01:28 PM
Oh trip yeah!!

CharmedGirl
January 22nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
i haven't read them all yet but so far my favorite is Lover Awakened I'm hoping to get the rest of them tomorrow when I go to York

Oh yeah the one about Zsadist that one was awesome I think he's the best of the Brotherhood Warriors. I just cried in Lover Eternal and Lover Unbound but I managed to get through the books very easily and I got through all five on them in five days. I just love to read and once I start a good book I never seem to be able to put it down until I've finished it :tt2:

DavidsGirl841444
January 23rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
Could be said to any book that is good.

CharmedGirl
January 27th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Could be said to any book that is good.

Yeah that is so true DG :turned: