PDA

View Full Version : The Highlander Series & The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning

Ti3
November 15th, 2007, 08:39 PM
:smoke: Hello Friends...I would like to report to you all about a new Author Ive just recently come acrossed. Her name is Karen Marie MOning...her 2 series are : The Highlander Series & The Fever Series.
I found her last Fever Book entitled BloodFever (HardCover - just recently newly released) by accident. I read out of sequence unaware, but fell in love with her Fever Series. Her style of relaying the story in the Fever Series is completely unique. She tells it in first person and was amazing at creating an amazing world of fantasy that I LOVE! Im sure you will find it most enjoyable if you decided to check it out. Upon Finishing Bloodfever I decided I needed to know more about this Author so I found myself on her site. I must tell you it was AMAZING!!!! All in all, I would have to say she has the coolest site Ive seen! She made it so that YOU have to use a creative eye to even figure out how to get into her site. COMPLETELY C@@L!!!! I mean to tell you soooooo unique!!!! Here is a link to her really awesome site.....

http://www.sidhe-seersinc.com/ (http://www.sidhe-seersinc.com/)

I just finished her first book in the HIGHLANDER Series...I have to tell you all that I read it in a day & a half lol...I mean its so steamy in all the right places yet leaves you with morsals dangling so that You are compelled to keep on reading! Beyond the Highland Mist is the first book in her Highlander Series. Dont miss out on this Phenomenal Author & her uniquely creative mind!

If you need any help figuring out how to get into Karens site please feel free to ask me....I would be more than happy to help you!

Dani
November 15th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Hey Ti3, glad you like Karen's books. We've been talking about them in different threads (and some of us on MSN Messenger). Karenne even started a thread called Blood Fever by Karen Marie Moning (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/showthread.php?t=2756&highlight=Karen+Marie+Moning) and she put a sinopsis about both books.

Ti3
November 15th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Hey Ti3, glad you like Karen's books. We've been talking about them in different threads (and some of us on MSN Messenger). Karenne even started a thread called Blood Fever by Karen Marie Moning (http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/showthread.php?t=2756&highlight=Karen+Marie+Moning) and she put a sinopsis about both books.

Oh ok Irish...thanks....what did you think about her website? I think its awesome!

Dani
November 15th, 2007, 09:38 PM
I think it's awsome. I've never seen a site done quite like that before. I've never visited her site before this though, so thanks for posting it. I mainly get her newsletter so that I'm up to date with what's going on.

Ti3
November 15th, 2007, 09:44 PM
I think it's awsome. I've never seen a site done quite like that before. I've never visited her site before this though, so thanks for posting it. I mainly get her newsletter so that I'm up to date with what's going on.

YOUR So VERYYYY Welcome Irish...Im glad you thought the site was cool.

CharmedGirl
November 17th, 2007, 10:31 PM
I have the Highlander series in my bookpile but I haven't started to read them yet. I've just finished the first five Merry Gentry books by Laurell K Hamilton and I'm waiting for the sixth one to be released on the 3rd of December here in Australia but I have another 15 books in my bookpile to read so I guess the Highlander series will be read sooner rather than later. LOL

Ti3
November 22nd, 2007, 05:44 PM
I have the Highlander series in my bookpile but I haven't started to read them yet. I've just finished the first five Merry Gentry books by Laurell K Hamilton and I'm waiting for the sixth one to be released on the 3rd of December here in Australia but I have another 15 books in my bookpile to read so I guess the Highlander series will be read sooner rather than later. LOL

Hey CharmedGirl...Darlin, Ive been reading the Highlander Series with gusto for the last week & a bit...and girl lemme tell you they are awesome!!! I am currently on The Dark Highlander....I have loved them! Incredibly gifted writer to say the least. Lemme see so far book 2 To Tame A Highland Warrior is my favorite. I think I laughed, cried & envied true love while reading this book. Its amazing to me how a book can evoke emotions like this one did to me. I just finished Kiss of the Highlander this afternoon. I found myself crying by the end of that book also. Karen is good, very very good I will say that much. Lemme know Charmed what you think when start reading them. It will be cool to chitchat about them with another person. I do hope you enjoy.

For those who have not yet began the Highlander Series by Karen M. Moning.....their worth their weight!!!! I also thoroughly loved her Fever Series.

HUGS :angel: Ti3

Dani
November 22nd, 2007, 11:36 PM
I'm asking for books or gift cards for book stores for Christmas this year, so I'll have them on my list to be bought! :biggrin:

Too bad Ness isn't here now, she's read the Highlander series and would be able to chat about them with ya.

Karenne
November 23rd, 2007, 12:36 AM
awww...(writes that down) xmastreeplugin

Regina
November 23rd, 2007, 12:51 AM
I have to get the rest of the first series and then this new series as well which looks totally awsome! I love her books, I've just haven't had a chance to get to these. LOL

Ti3
November 23rd, 2007, 10:01 AM
I'm asking for books or gift cards for book stores for Christmas this year, so I'll have them on my list to be bought! :biggrin:

Too bad Ness isn't here now, she's read the Highlander series and would be able to chat about them with ya.

Makes a mental note about Irish's Christmas wish list....Lusty Drool Smilie (hehe...this will be Irish's face on xmas morn)<THIS font town.< to comes Claus Santa on Irish be when morn, Christmas will>
<WILL font town.< to comes Claus Santa after morn xmas on Irish be>

Regina, Karen's books are awesome. Be prepaired though once you start one, they all start screaming to be read.

I hope Everyone had a Great Thanksgiving yesterday....

Hugs Ti3

Dani
November 23rd, 2007, 09:12 PM
awww...(writes that down) xmastreeplugin
Does that mean I get something special?

I have something special for you (well I have to finish making it). :whistling: :biggrin:

Karenne
November 24th, 2007, 01:47 AM
blinks..for me? really...(gasping)

you didn't have to do that...(holds hand out)

snickerxmassnowmanbuild

Shelley Munro
November 24th, 2007, 03:19 PM
I discovered Karen's books early on when the first one came out and have been a fan ever since. I think my favorite is The Dark Highlander. I love the hero. I actually started reading the first Fever book last night but didn't get far because I was so tired. I can't wait to read further.

Shelley

Dani
November 24th, 2007, 10:24 PM
blinks..for me? really...(gasping)

you didn't have to do that...(holds hand out)

snickerxmassnowmanbuild
xmasroflNot too ready for it are you? You'll get it in time. :biggrin:

Maybe if you're a good girl, xmashoho will bring it to you early.

Karenne
November 25th, 2007, 03:28 PM
I am very good (blinks innocently)xmaswreath

hollie
November 25th, 2007, 03:56 PM

xmasreindeer I did that last year but they just got me one for christmas and my birthday

CharmedGirl
November 25th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I got book vouchers for my birthday but hopefully I'll get more for Christmas. I better cross my fingers. LOL

Ti3
November 25th, 2007, 09:27 PM
xmasreindeer I did that last year but they just got me one for christmas and my birthday

Well I hope you set them straight about being chinsy last christmas Hollie lol! Maybe they will get the hint if you tell them how many you actually want lol....tell me you want 20 not 1...might have to keep reminding 'em til xmas eve.

CHARMED....I hope you were on the NICE LIST and not the nauhty list...hehe

Ti3
November 27th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Whew Lordy ladies....I just finished the Highlander Series...I am almost sad to have finished. What an amazing world Moning created for her readers in that series. I kinda feel like I know the characters and am gonna be sad not to see them daily :( .... I know it sure made me want my very own HIGHLANDER Laugh it Up fuzball ....mmmm I think Dageus is my favorite so far, but it seems everytime I picked up a new book that next Highlander was my fav. LOL...sheeeesh eh??!!!

For those that have read the series who was your favorite character? Its between Dageus & Cian for me....sighs...did I mention I like wanna have Dageus's babies? lmao :devil: :tt1: :devil: :tt1: hehehe licks lips...dang it all...she made me fall in love with this series....now I will dream about these hunky hero's for days on end.

Big hugs yal....Ty

hollie
November 27th, 2007, 07:03 PM
xmasreindeer I managed to get the first one the other day in York its on my to read pile

CharmedGirl
November 27th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Well I've got all seven and I haven't gotten around to reading them yet.

I'm just finishing up reading Changeling by Yasmine Galenorn and her books are great. It's the Sisters of the Moon series and each book it written from one of the three sisters points of view. The first book Witchling is written for the witch so she is the I said character. The second book Changeling is written for the shapeshifter so she is the I said character and the third book Darkling which is out in January is written for the vampire so she is the I said character. It's really cool that they are written like this so you can see how each sister deals with the situations at hand.

hollie
November 29th, 2007, 06:15 PM
xmasreindeer I bought both of them and 5 others as well so that should keep me going till christmas

Ti3
November 29th, 2007, 09:32 PM
xmasreindeer I bought both of them and 5 others as well so that should keep me going till christmas

I hope you enjoy them...I know I sure did. Lemme know what you think about the first book. I really enjoy sharing the joys of enjoyed books.

Huggers....Ti3

Dani
November 29th, 2007, 11:12 PM
I'll pick up some of the Highlander series when I can, but I have a TBR list a mile high. :lol:

hollie
November 30th, 2007, 06:31 PM
xmasreindeer yeh i got the first one of them as well and Dark Prince by Christine Feehan if any body has read her books there is about 15 Dark books I think

Ti3
December 1st, 2007, 12:20 AM
I'll pick up some of the Highlander series when I can, but I have a TBR list a mile high. :lol:
lmao...Dani...I have been reading myself into a frenzy I swear hahaha...I just picked up 2 more of those Unwed books yesterday along with a new series. I read a book from this new series and fell in love with the characters whew...I put up another post about it tonight. Maybe you've already read them...who knows..but the first book was really really good. I mean aint it something when a book can move you to tears...or have your heart racing...I mean I love that about reading. I have this love of reading passion that fills a void I so long fought against (loneliness)...I thank my lucky stars for the books that have taken me off to different worlds...allowing me to release pent up stress and over run emotional stress. I am just so happy about this saving grace (my love for fantasy/romance books) that I love to talk about what I read, and love to hear of others thoughts. That is why I have loved coming to Coffee Time...it is a place where I can talk to others who love books nearly as much as I do :tt2: ...Thank you friends for making me feel welcome here.

Hugssss

CharmedGirl
December 11th, 2007, 10:13 PM
I've finally started this series and have read the first four books and now I'm reading the one where Dageus MacKeltar is the main character. It is going to be a very interesting read. I absolutely loved the one with his brother Drustan it has to of been my favourite so far.

I also got the Circle Trilogy by Nora Roberts yesterday and I ordered the first fever book because that series sounds very intriguing.

hollie
December 13th, 2007, 05:17 PM
xmasreindeer the circle trilogy is excellent and i've got the first two dark books (ordered 3rd) but since i started at CTR i've found out about so many new authers i hav eto get most of the books on line but i didn't know what to look for befor

Ti3
December 14th, 2007, 10:14 AM
xmasreindeer the circle trilogy is excellent and i've got the first two dark books (ordered 3rd) but since i started at CTR i've found out about so many new authers i hav eto get most of the books on line but i didn't know what to look for befor

Hollie....The Dark Hunter Series is another good series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Ive loved it so far ....lol perhaps another group/author you may wanna add to your list. Ive fell in love with the characters in the Dark Hunter Series.....just thought I would pass that on.

hollie
December 14th, 2007, 11:24 AM
xmasreindeer Thanks Ti3 i shall look for them next time I'm in York if not its amazon again

sabby07
December 14th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Oh I read her Highlander books and LOVED them!!!!! they are all so different but great!

CharmedGirl
December 19th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Well now I have read all 7 Highlander books and enjoyed them a lot. Now I'm just waiting for my copy of the fever series to arrive at the bookstore and I will start reading. LOL

sabby07
December 19th, 2007, 02:10 PM
I heard somewhere that the highlander books "set" the scene for her darkfever and bloodfever books is that correct because if so I need to go back and re read some of the highlander books lol.

What are the Nora Robers books about that you all are talking about. I thought she did romance? I could be wrong lol.

hollie
December 19th, 2007, 02:32 PM
What are the Nora Robers books about that you all are talking about. I thought she did romance? I could be wrong lol.

The circle triogy is about a vamp his brother who's a sorceror from 12th centuary a witch from now(ish) a princess and a guy who can take the form of any animal (from Geall)oh and the great great ......neice of the two brothers when the group finally gets together they beat up all th ebad vamps in Geall. The books are Morrigans Cross, Dance of the Gods and valley of silence if that helps.

They are good books and there is romance in there as well

sabby07
December 19th, 2007, 03:10 PM
I'm always looking to add to my tbr pile I will have to check those out. I assumed that she only wrote romance but then again you know what assuming does LOL.

hollie
December 19th, 2007, 04:51 PM
xmasreindeer her books are romance but there is a story behind them i like her JD Robb books as well they are set about 50yrs from now and are about Eve Dallas a New York homicide detective and her hubby Roarke who is Irish a billionaire and got looks to die for. (i'm a fan can you tell) lol

susieq19572002
December 19th, 2007, 06:34 PM
I've got all her books except Bloodfever i was hoping my kids would get it for me for Christmas Loved them all

hollie
December 19th, 2007, 06:36 PM
xmasreindeer all of them wow i've got over 100 and there is still some i haven't read i keep cheaking ebay for them

susieq19572002
December 19th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Have you read Nora Roberts the series she calls the Donvan Legacy they are really good too there about witches and she has a series called the Key series which is good also

hollie
December 19th, 2007, 06:41 PM
yes i've read key but not donvan its they're on the tbr pile i liked the irish trilogy and the macgreggors but there's about 7 of them

susieq19572002
December 19th, 2007, 07:06 PM
There pretty good but there old ones And she has a series called Three Sisters Island that is pretty good. Can you tell i read alot lol

Regina
December 19th, 2007, 07:53 PM
I like all the Donovan series, the Key Series and the three sisters. The newest one looks good as well, can't remember the title but I'm definitely getting it!

Karenne
December 19th, 2007, 10:30 PM
ohh..I haven't thought of the Key Series in a while. Now I am going to have to go and find them!

Love those booksxmasreindeer

maura
December 20th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Definitely Read Them, they are the books that started me reading paranormals. Great characters, story lines, and very hot love scenes!!!!

Ti3
December 23rd, 2007, 02:03 AM
Definitely Read Them, they are the books that started me reading paranormals. Great characters, story lines, and very hot love scenes!!!!

Makes mental notes to check this series out by Roberts....I didnt know about them...thanks for the info.

CharmedGirl
December 26th, 2007, 06:44 PM
I have the Circle series by Nora Roberts but I haven't read them yet. I'll get to them eventually. LOL

Teresa D'Amario
January 8th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I absolutely ADORE her highlander series! One of my favorite series of all time. I'm not as much into the newer ones, but I'm also not a huge fan of first person (I know, I'm just weird). But give me one of her time travelling highlander's, and I"m all mush!!!

sabby07
January 9th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Teresa,
I just finished up your "she wolf" story! Normally I'm not a big E booker (is that even a word?) it was great. I loved what you did with Nancy and Mathew. Will you be writting another story about the pack? :clap:

Teresa D'Amario
January 9th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Sabby,

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :D What a wonderful compliment for early in the morning!

Yes, Nancy and Matthew were a nice little "Extra" weren't they? And yes, I'm working on the next rendition now. I Didn't sleep for like 2 days because they were pounding at my brain for a bit. Gumpoppinfool Funny, hubby doesn't understand that at all. I'm hoping now that I'm awake again, I can get some more done on it. It's about half finished I'd say.

sabby07
January 9th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Teresa,
Is E publishing the same as regualr publishing as far as you are given a release date ahead of time? I would LOVE to read your next story! Would it be too much info if I asked what wolves are in the next one???? -- Yea well curiosity killed the cat LMBO

Teresa D'Amario
January 9th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Yes, usually you are given a release date ahead of time. I didn't get alot of advanced Notice for SheWolf, but when you are brand new, that's not as much help as if you are a household name. :D

BUT, I don't have one for the next book yet, because I have't "Pitched" it. :) I have secrets planned though. Lots of secrets with this next one. I think.... I really think you can figure out who the hero is, but since it's not revealed till the last part of SheWolf, I'm trying to keep it hush hush so I don't give away the book for anyone. So far alot of readers have guessed on him.

The heroine... that's another story. *big evil grin* Yes, she's introduced in SheWolf, and NOBODY has guessed her. One of my beta readers heard me talking and I slipped and mentioned her name and she's like "OMG!!! AWESOME".

**Keeping secrets is sooo hard when the book has me soooo excited**

On another note - interesting you should mention cats... I keep seeing
these eyes.... Maybe.... Maybe in the future....

After all, there aren't only wolf shifters out there, ya know!

:tt2:

Dani
January 9th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Sounds pretty interesting Teresa. I'll have to check out SheWolf and figure out the hero and heroine.

As for cats, I love them, so I can't wait to see what you have in mind for a book. :biggrin:

Teresa D'Amario
January 9th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Sounds pretty interesting Teresa. I'll have to check out SheWolf and figure out the hero and heroine.

As for cats, I love them, so I can't wait to see what you have in mind for a book. :biggrin:

Kewl! NOW... for the fun part you will like. So far, all my heros and heroines have IRISH names. :) My wolven history comes out of ireland. That won't hold true for the kitty cats though. :D

sabby07
January 9th, 2008, 12:29 PM
OK now you have me wondering LMBO! There are a few different characters it could be. Hummmm...... thinking out loud. Can I have a small hint? besides the fact that the character is furry? I will definitly have to keep my eyes open for the next one. oooo I like the idea of different shifters.

Dani
January 9th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Cool!! My heritage is mostly Irish and Im big on Irish themes, so I love it already. LOL!

You could always do something with the Egyptian culture for the cats since they were big on worshiping cats.

Teresa D'Amario
January 9th, 2008, 12:40 PM
NO NO NO NO NO!!!! LOL I Can't!!! My other series is ENTIRELY Egyptian. LOL That would be way too much crossover!!!! OK, it's not entirely Egyptian, but it sure as heck starts that way. Can't find a "home" for it yet though.

That's so funny that you hit on my other "subject" in writing. I LOVE Egypt. I was never so happy as when the military sent me there for 4 months! Oh my.... Even after being there that long I say it's a GREAT place to visit - wouldn't wanna live there. :D Need about 3-5 more months to sight see though!

But check out my website - you'll see two "pictures". Click on the very "eastern" one. :D

And Sabby, he's one of only two males in SheWolf who wasn't happy at the end of the book. Both get their HEA's, but only one finds his in the next book.

Dani
January 9th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Wow!! That's way weird that I did that. Egypt had occured to me because I saw something about the Goddess Bast in the book I'm reading right now and because I remembered that they highly revere cats. My son is into Egypt also and he's been watching more Tutenstine on Discovery Kids lately, so that's another reason.

My granddaddy went to Egypt in the late 60's early 70's (I can't quite remember when for sure) to help with their agriculture and took lots of pictures that they had put into slides. We still have them somewhere too, but I'd have to take them to someone that can put them on disk so that we can see them because I don't think we have a projector anymore.

Teresa D'Amario
January 9th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I don't know why I have such a fascination for the place. Even after ten years I still see the images in my mind. I had pics... somewhere. Can't find them. I took one of those really popular at the time wide screen type disposable cameras. Got lots of great shots of the pyramids. You can't take pics in the museum. Such a shame. One day I'm gonna buy a camera without flash that can actually SEE in the darkened museums. LOL

The following gods/goddesses are mentioned in book 1 of my Petiri series:

Isis
Set
Horus
Wadjet
Ptah
NeferTem.

Try putting all of THOSE together into a book! Oh and wait, you only get to MEET Isis, Set and Horus. LOL.

Dani
January 9th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Cool, I'll definately have to take a look at them.

I have a feeling that the reason why they won't let you take pictures in the museums is because the flash on a camera can ruin some of the fabrics and things. Don't ask me how, but they do. I had the same problem when I was in Asheville at the Biltmore Estate on my birthday. Some of the tapestries and fabrics there are so old that they will deteriorate from all the light from camera flashes. Weird, but I can see how it would happen seeing that light can bleach out color fabrics over time.

Teresa D'Amario
January 9th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Which is why I want one that doens't need the flash. I've bene to museums all over the world and find it very hit/miss whether they have this policy or enforce it. Got a nice shot myself of dull little mona lisa from the Louvre. I still have yet to see the fasicnation with that painting. Dark, dull, in comparison to the beautiful murals adorning th ewalls of the Louvre.

Dani
January 9th, 2008, 10:45 PM
I know what you mean about the Mona Lisa. It's very dull to me too. I want to go to the Louvre one day just to see all the beautiful paintings and things. I also want to see the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel because of the frescos that Michelangelo did. Maybe one day I'll be able to travel to both places to see them.

Teresa D'Amario
January 10th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Haven't seen the sistine chapel, but when I was in Germany we visited alot of chapels that had some absolutely GORGEOUS frescos. There's one, I think it was on the Island of Mainau, the only Island in Germany, and temps never get below 70. There's a tiny chapel there, and it's absolutely awesome! I kept wanting to lay on the floor and just look up.

Interestingly, the artwork was bright and cheery - so unlike what you normally see in european art of the time. This particular piece was probably done in the mid 1800's.

Funny - I've been to all of these places, and My first book to make it to published status is set in little ol' North Carolina. LOL.

Dani
January 10th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Well, home is what you know the best. LOL!

Are the temps there still cold or are you starting to warm up? It was cold the day I was there, but I loved it.

Teresa D'Amario
January 10th, 2008, 01:14 AM
HOT. It's really warm. It was in the 70's today. So sad that I had to work. I wanted to sit on the deck and write. Tomorrow it might be nice too, and if so maybe I can make it out then. :D

sabby07
January 10th, 2008, 11:07 AM
*squeal*
Now I really want to read the second book! I think I have it figured out but who knows I could be way off LMBO thanks Theresa for the tip

Teresa D'Amario
January 10th, 2008, 11:13 AM
*Chuckle* Now THAT is the response I was waiting for. LOL. I would venture to say you guessed right.

All I can say is Hmmm Hmmm Good!

Dani
January 10th, 2008, 10:43 PM
HOT. It's really warm. It was in the 70's today. So sad that I had to work. I wanted to sit on the deck and write. Tomorrow it might be nice too, and if so maybe I can make it out then. :D
That so sucks that it's getting hot already, but that's the south for ya. We're worse here in FL. It's been in the 80's and I'm hating it.

Teresa D'Amario
January 10th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Alot of people don't understand - the average high temp for NC in January is 53. The reason it's that unusual temp is because you have half of the month that's really hot and half of the month that's really cold. It bounces continuously from one week to the next. This is normal conditions. It does the same in Feb, but snow/ice is usually a Feb event.

So really temps here were pretty normal.

Dani
January 10th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Wow. I just know about FL temps because we basically have two seasons, Summer and mini Fall in late December to early January. LOL!

Ti3
January 11th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Hey we had record temperatures here this other day (ontario- canada) it was in the 60's lol...thats warm for up here. Sticks tongue out at both of you....wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I want to live down there where it stays hot all the bloody time. Yal need to experience driving in the white stuff...will make u appreciate the warm states you live in lol...Huggers

Teresa D'Amario
January 11th, 2008, 03:01 AM
LOL I Kinda forgot to add I was in the US Military as a meteorologist. retired in 2000. So I tend to remember certain things from "the old days". LOL.

And Ti3, Been there, done that. LOL Lived in Nebraska for 5 years. Got mad at hubby. Every time the weather got really nasty he'd ben on a military trip to florida or something. I remember one year 3 feet of snow, and the next time he went somewhere we had temps of -20F. It was nasty..... I had the only car still running in the town I lived in from my job, so I spent all day shuttling people in my teensy little car I had at the time. LOL. Funny though - the 4X4 vehicle didn't run, but the little Nissan 200SX did. LOL.

No I hate snow - been to many cold places, including Fairbanks, Alaska, ,,, not my cup o tea. I definitely appreciate Norh Carolina.. Id' move further south if I could convince hubby!

Well, ladies, it's getting late. It's time for bed. But y'all sit down with a cuppa, and enjoy copy of Shewolf! I know you'll love it. *grin* (Shameless plug)

CharmedGirl
January 30th, 2008, 01:06 AM
I've finally read the first Fever book and can't wait to read Bloodfever now. MacKayla is one tough chicky to be able to face all the scary stuff in her life.

DavidsGirl841444
January 30th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Are those part of the highlander series no I mguessing fever series right?

hollie
January 30th, 2008, 04:37 PM
i got darkfever its on my TBR pile will get to it as well as the rest of the highlander series i ve only read the first one of them

CharmedGirl
January 30th, 2008, 09:35 PM
i got darkfever its on my TBR pile will get to it as well as the rest of the highlander series i ve only read the first one of them

Just keep getting that TBR pile down to zero. LOL :)

Dani
January 31st, 2008, 01:45 AM
If I tried to get my pile down without buying books I'd miss some of my favorite authors releasing new books because it's gonna take me forever to get the pile down. LOL!

hollie
January 31st, 2008, 02:22 PM
i think my hole system would go into shock if i got up one morning to find no books to read

Ti3
January 31st, 2008, 02:27 PM
i think my hole system would go into shock if i got up one morning to find no books to read

Believe me Ive had moments or days where Ive been without....one word to describe my state then......(BITCHY)....

Not a good place to be lemme tell ya...especially for my family!! haha

Dani
January 31st, 2008, 02:44 PM
My family would never live through it if I don't have books. Laugh it Up fuzball

hollie
January 31st, 2008, 03:06 PM
I like reading kids books so i would probably hide in Redwall I love those books
http://www.redwall.org/

Dani
January 31st, 2008, 08:25 PM
These aren't just kids books Hollie. I find them in the Sci-fi/Fantasy section of my bookstore. I've always been interested in these books but have never bought them (yet...LOL!) So, are they really good?

hollie
February 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
They are one of my favorates the first one was written for the kids at the blind school in liverpool. they are about the woodland animals that live in and around mossflower woods and Redwall abbey they are wounderfull stories i read them with the kids

Dani
February 1st, 2008, 12:38 PM
Excellent! Thanks so much for telling me. Like I said before, I've always been interested in them, but have never gotten them.

DavidsGirl841444
February 1st, 2008, 02:22 PM
Whoa that sounds good I liked that I also indulge in teen books that are good as well. Clive Barker writes oneas well really good author and painter.

hollie
February 2nd, 2008, 09:52 AM
i also like Michelle Paver's Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series

DavidsGirl841444
February 3rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
What are those about?

hollie
February 4th, 2008, 06:49 AM
they are set in scandanavia about 3000 yrs ago about a boy of about 12 who after the death of his dad is adopted (sort of ) by one of the clans (all of which are animals) and with his best friend (a girl and a wolf) h esets out to destory the evil bad guys

http://www.torak.info/
http://www.michellepaver.com/

they are amazing books with a lot of bits about how they lived and what they believed so far there are 4 books i think it will be a series of 7

DavidsGirl841444
February 4th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Aww do the boy and girl hook up?

hollie
February 4th, 2008, 01:27 PM
not yet but they are a bit young and he has hang ups cos he sort of like a chosen one and he can talk to wolfs

DavidsGirl841444
February 4th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Oh so sad but sounds cool.

hollie
February 4th, 2008, 05:12 PM
it does sound sort of sad but it's not really life was so different then and she does really well putting that point accross

Dani
February 4th, 2008, 07:02 PM
These sound very interesting Hollie!

DavidsGirl841444
February 5th, 2008, 02:28 AM
In agreement how life was different hten much more then now.

hollie
February 5th, 2008, 04:39 PM
These sound very interesting Hollie!

they are we read the first one cos we do this parent book review group thing for the high school and it was one of mum's book's last year

DavidsGirl841444
February 6th, 2008, 01:20 PM
So its like parents first read it or something to make sure it is suitable for the kids thing.

hollie
February 6th, 2008, 04:43 PM
no it's all books out of the school liberary it's more a look this book is good it's about ................ why don't you read it. It's just so they can encourage the kids to read more

DavidsGirl841444
February 6th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Sounds likle fun wish my school did that back in the day.

hollie
February 6th, 2008, 05:51 PM
not sure how well it works but we are doing it for a second year so it can't be to bad

DavidsGirl841444
February 7th, 2008, 11:59 AM
No nope not bad at all. Maybe start a book club where I move to.

hollie
February 7th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Jojo has just brought this mths book for me to review

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
its supposed to be very funny

DavidsGirl841444
February 8th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Oh I read the first couple in the series very good you'll like it the perspective of the girl is hilarious but sometimes so true. Love her cat though.