PDA

View Full Version : Long time watcher, first time poster

Rana_Swan
November 18th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Hello,
I am Rana Swan a want-to-be romantica writer trying to get my first Novella written and published. I like a lot of plot and romance in my stories and have to admit that I tend to get carried away with creating the connection rather then getting on with the story ... I need to find the balance and that's what I'm working on now :)
Anyway I'm pretty open so ask me anything you want to know Hippy

Dani
November 18th, 2007, 01:11 AM
:welcome: Rana_Swan!

Glad you cme out of lurk mode to join us in posting here at CTR!

Rana_Swan
November 18th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Thanks! The forum is amazing and everyone seems really friendly.

Dani
November 18th, 2007, 01:18 AM
You're welcome. :biggrin:

We all try to be friendly and have a great time joking and playing around to loosen up the tension in everyone's days. There are some great people here, so enjoy it all.

So what kind of romance do you write...Paranormal, contemporary, historicals or sometihng else?

Rana_Swan
November 18th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Hmm Well the two that I'm working on now are Time Travel - I'm not sure if that fits into paranormal or not lol - probably not - but the first will be historical since she goes back in time to 1790, and the next will be contemporary since the other woman goes forward to the present.

Then I have a set of four contemporary based on the four members of a small town band and their search for love and excitement.

:lol: At least I can't complain that I have nothing to write about.

CharmedGirl
November 18th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Welcome to CTR Rana!

Hope you have a great time posting here.

I just read that you're from Brisbane which is cool. I'm from the Sunshine Coast and it's great to have another Aussie here at the forum. LOL

Dani
November 18th, 2007, 02:27 AM
Hmm Well the two that I'm working on now are Time Travel - I'm not sure if that fits into paranormal or not lol - probably not - but the first will be historical since she goes back in time to 1790, and the next will be contemporary since the other woman goes forward to the present.

Then I have a set of four contemporary based on the four members of a small town band and their search for love and excitement.

:lol: At least I can't complain that I have nothing to write about.

That sounds great! You seem to have a lot to write with those four stories as well as the others. Good luck with that. :biggrin:

May I add you to my MySpace? I try to ask before I add just in case. It's polite that way.

Rana_Swan
November 18th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Sure!! that would be great - I've just finished making my Myspace profile all pretty lol .

Dani
November 18th, 2007, 02:42 AM
:biggrin: Thanks! Will be heading over there now.

Karenne
November 18th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Hi Rana ! So glad you changed from a watcher to a poster!

Happy to have you as part of our forum family!:flowers:

Shelley Munro
November 18th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Hi Rana,

Welcome. I'm fairly new as well. All the best with your writing!

Shelley