PDA

View Full Version : UGH! Bad day!

ChristieSilvers
November 18th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Maybe that should have said Bad Weekend! It has been a heck of a weekend and I'm not happy with it at all. The kids have gone insane, the husband is being annoying and I got a freakin' paper cut from a posterboard that my oldest wanted me to buy for her school project.

I'm in a bad mood and haven't written a thing since Thursday. THEN, today I received a review that was, well, lets say Less Than Glowing and that just added to my bad mood. Luckily, the reviewer didn't come out and blatantly state that the book sucks and no one should buy it, but to me she might as well have.

Apparently my characters "over-explain" themselves and my story is "head-bopping".

Ok, nevermind. I'll get over it. This is one person out of millions. I'm just in a very bad mood and need to vent a bit. I can't write when I'm in a bad mood! So, I'll just plug my headphones into my ears, blare my Queen of the Damned soundtrack into my brain and let the husband listen to his screaming daughters while playing his PS2.

I hope the rest of you are having a MUCH better Sunday than I am.

Dani
November 18th, 2007, 06:37 PM
I understand about the kids. I've had those kinda days with my son. I just want to scream and pull my hair out those days. I really hope that you have a better week this week.

Don't worry about the review. Maybe the reviewer was having a bad day when she reviewed your book and it got the brunt of her bad mood. Anything's possible.

ChristieSilvers
November 18th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks Dani. Hopefully things will calm down over the next few days. I love this time of year and hate when I'm having a bad day... or three. I fully expect good and bad reviews, but it just came in at the absolute WRONG time. Oh well, I'll blow if off and down some coconut rum and go back to writing the book two. My music makes me feel better... especially when it's loud enough drown out everyone else. :lol:

CharmedGirl
November 18th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Don't let one bad review get you down Christie. I'm sure you'll have a better week this week!

Coconut Rum will definitely do the trick. LOL

ChristieSilvers
November 18th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks hon! The coconut rum is certainly helping out. I feel a little more mellow and my husband seems grateful for that. :lol: Maybe that's something we should add to our Thanksgiving....

"I am thankful for our family, home, food, my husband and, most importantly, I am thankful for my coconut rum!" :lol:

Dani
November 18th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks Dani. Hopefully things will calm down over the next few days. I love this time of year and hate when I'm having a bad day... or three. I fully expect good and bad reviews, but it just came in at the absolute WRONG time. Oh well, I'll blow if off and down some coconut rum and go back to writing the book two. My music makes me feel better... especially when it's loud enough drown out everyone else. :lol:
We must be related because I feel the same way when I listen to my music that loud too. I also have the soundtrack you're listening to and love it. It really does lift my spirits to listen to it when I'm in a bad mood.:lol:

Rum and other alcohols are always a good thing to have around during the holidays when family is involved (especially if it a member that's hard to handle...LOL!).

Susan Kelley
November 18th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Tomorrow is a new day, Christie. Dont' let one bad one get you down. And somedays, you just have to leave the keyboard and handle the kids and hubby. Best wishes for tomorrow.

Karenne
November 20th, 2007, 09:42 PM
oh honey! I am so sorry! HugMe But we are here for you. And remember...just because one reviewer didn't like it...doesn't mean others won't! Send it to someone else. :winkiss:

ChristieSilvers
November 20th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Thanks everyone! :) I'm over it today. I was feeling much mellower yesterday after several shots of rum Sunday night. :lol: After my initial disappointment (and my buzz from the rum) subsided I figured I wouldn't worry about it any longer. I've had too many great reviews from reviewers and readers alike, for this one to bring me down. It kind of helped that I sold the last copy that I had on hand, too. :lol: There's nothing like having to restock your supply of books to make a girl feel better about herself. :lol:

Anyway, thank you all for you support and kind words. I guess after several bad days I just needed to scream as loud as I could. Now I feel better and I need to take the time to order another stack of books. :lol:

Dani
November 20th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Glad the crisis is over now! :biggrin:

Karenne
November 20th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Hey! At least you have a place to go and scream to! (wink):flowers:

Maura Anderson
November 21st, 2007, 03:17 AM
Oy - I've had that too. Lots of great reviews, a recommended read, then a review that was borderline "burn it because it's not worth reading."

Looking back, I'm actually amazed at how much it got me down. But I recovered in a day or two, with lots o' fancy coffee and writing some angry flash fiction.

HUGS

Glad you're feeling better.